As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ulator

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakkes I have a girlfriend now, but my heart will always belong to you.

just so you know.

wait I have your heart?

...ewww

It's been leaking all over the carpet

take it back

no it's yours.

put it in the fridge if you have to god damn it.
    i don't want this fucking biohazard around the place

i'm selling it

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakkes I have a girlfriend now, but my heart will always belong to you.

just so you know.

wait I have your heart?

...ewww

It's been leaking all over the carpet

take it back

no it's yours.

put it in the fridge if you have to god damn it.
    i don't want this fucking biohazard around the place

i'm selling it

you are not my pimp hakkes.

stop selling my heart.

Greeper on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I am considering heading home.

Maybe I'll pack a few boxes of books or something.

But that could take days! D:

can't feel my fingers so the whole typing thing is becoming difficult. Also there are automatic lights here and they keep going off. I feel like a right tit randomly waving my hand in the air to get the light back on :P

better than a left tit

Captain Carrot on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am considering heading home.

Maybe I'll pack a few boxes of books or something.

But that could take days! D:

can't feel my fingers so the whole typing thing is becoming difficult. Also there are automatic lights here and they keep going off. I feel like a right tit randomly waving my hand in the air to get the light back on :P

No, I mean, it's books we're talking about packing here. Not something ignorable like clothes or cutlery.

Packing my books usually takes a day, even though I only have three bookcases worth.

Passerbye on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    So impairment ranges from moderate to severe? AWESOME!

Severe under exceptional circumstances.

No one is saying that it is a good idea, because it's not a good idea. But it's certainly not nearly as bad as driving drunk.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    driving drunk, like being an objectivist or twilight fan, is something I cannot forgive.

Greeper on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Severe under exceptional circumstances.

No one is saying that it is a good idea, because it's not a good idea. But it's certainly not nearly as bad as driving drunk.

The severe circumstances being the sudden need for evasive action... as in, when it actually matters?

MrMister on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Mexican flu fear is back to !!!OMG!!! levels over here after a healthy 14 year old girl died of it. :? Now they're saying again that the worst is yet to come and that especially kids under the age of 5 will die.

all the children will die

especially YOURS

This, basically. The sad thing is that there's no one in the media trying to create a realistic image. We basically went from "AAAAHHHHH" to "Fuck those guys who were going 'AAAAHHHH' we were all scared for nothing!", at first the news of the dead girls didn't really pick up, but now it's all over the news again so now it's back to "AAAAHHHHHH"

Aldo on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    When my girlfriend lived in the dorms on one of the co-ed crummy all freshman floors, the floor above it was also a crummy co-ed all freshman floor. Some nights we would hear lots of giggling and sex noises. Then we would hear a guy and a girls voice.

... then we would hear a different guys voice.

Sounds like SOP for a co-ed dorm, then.

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

I'm all 'Fly with me' and she's all 'But my profits!'.

Passerbye on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    driving drunk, like being an objectivist or twilight fan, is something I cannot forgive.

Can you forgive genocide?

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

Hakkes loves money more than all of us, Passer.

Boohoo hoo.

Hoo.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009

Yes.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

I'll fly with you!
    :winky:
    :P
    I should really stop doing this

Captain Carrot on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    When my girlfriend lived in the dorms on one of the co-ed crummy all freshman floors, the floor above it was also a crummy co-ed all freshman floor. Some nights we would hear lots of giggling and sex noises. Then we would hear a guy and a girls voice.

... then we would hear a different guys voice.

Sounds like SOP for a co-ed dorm, then.

pretty much. The people there were all freshman that just wanted to party because it was the worst dorm with the smallest rooms. anyone that knew any better, aka the older students, signed up for different dorms. Then people specifically signed up for the co-ed floors because they wanted to party and get laid.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

Boohoo hoo.

Hoo.

I have a plan, Greeper. We shall remove her from the process entirely.

I shall make a place for your heart in my fridge, and you shall make a place for mine in yours.

Then we shall drink her sweet, lonely tears. :D

Passerbye on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lots of people think that they're great drunk drivers, too.

They're just irresponsible and wrong.

*roll eyes*

Just look at what Tim linked.
    If not blatantly dangerous, however, the effects of THC alone in this study were certainly more than slight. They were of sufficient magnitude to warrant concern. Drivers suffering the same degrees of impairment as the present subjects did after THC alone would be less than normally able to avoid collisions if confronted with the sudden need for evasive action. They would probably also be more likely to fall asleep during prolonged vehicle operation. In short, while the effects of THC alone in doses up to 200 1lg/kg might be categorized as "moderate" in the tests, they could easily become "severe" under exceptional circumstances.

So impairment ranges from moderate to severe? AWESOME!

I don't think they're using 'moderate' and 'severe' in the colloquial sense. And I even mentioned that yes, it's a bad idea to add cannabis to a situation in which you are already driving at less than peak performance.
    The addition of these data to those previously collected merely broadens the range of reactions that might be expected to occur in real life. That range has not been shown to extend into the area that can rightfully be regarded as dangerous or an obviously unacceptable threat to public safety. Alcohol present in blood concentrations around the legal limit (0.10 g/dl) in most American States is more impairing than anything subjects have shown after THC alone in our studies. As mentioned, medicinal drugs have had worse effects on psychiatric patients' driving performance in other studies employing the same test procedures.

TL DR on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Yes.

good because i genocided dolphins just the other day

no one except holistic therapists will mourn the loss of those psycho-rapist thrill-killing sea monsters

Rust on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am going to Nanaimo today!

James on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

I'll fly with you!
    [/spoiler
    Especially since you're so bad at it.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    The severe circumstances being the sudden need for evasive action... as in, when it actually matters?

Sudden need for evasive action I am finding to be an annoying subjective term when it comes to findings like this.

Regardless, I'd rate someone talking on their cellphone a far greater a driving hazard than someone driving stoned. Someone driving drunk is worse than either.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

Boohoo hoo.

Hoo.

I have a plan, Greeper. We shall remove her from the process entirely.

I shall make a place for your heart in my fridge, and you shall make a place for mine in yours.

Then we shall drink her sweet, lonely tears. :D

This plan has merit.

I can invest in this.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

I'll fly with you!
    Hey, I type all my VB code manually, and I fixed it later. (I was missing the third ])

Captain Carrot on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Yes.

What about Jar Jar Binks?

JustinSane07 on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sudden need for evasive action I am finding to be an annoying subjective term when it comes to findings like this.

Regardless, I'd rate someone talking on their cellphone a far greater a driving hazard than someone driving stoned. Someone driving drunk is worse than either.

There have been studies done that argue talking on a cell phone and especially texting are as impairing as drunk driving. So if my driver is going to either smoke a joint or send a text, I'd prefer the former.

TL DR on
    edited October 2009

Yes.

he strikes me as an objectivist.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009
    This plan has merit.

I can invest in this.

To mark this momentous occasion, I present a lolcat!
    lolcat.jpg

Passerbye on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2009

Depends on whether they genocided a crappy race or not.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't think they're using 'moderate' and 'severe' in the colloquial sense. And I even mentioned that yes, it's a bad idea to add cannabis to a situation in which you are already driving at less than peak performance.

Being 'not as bad as BAC .08' is not a great recommendation. Having messed around with breathalyzers before, driving anywhere near BAC .08 is a terrible idea.

MrMister on
    edited October 2009
    This plan has merit.

I can invest in this.

lolcat.jpg

I'll toast to that cat.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009

stop selling my heart.

She did this to me too.

I'll fly with you!
    Hey, I type all my VB code manually, and I fixed it later. (I was missing the third ])
    How you do it doesn't matter. My previous point still stands, typo-boy. :P

Passerbye on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2009

Yes.

His XBL gamertag is Meesa4Bella

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2009
    There have been studies done that argue talking on a cell phone and especially texting are as impairing as drunk driving. So if my driver is going to either smoke a joint or send a text, I'd prefer the former.

Oh god, yeah, texting is far more distracting then merely being on the phone talking.

I've been in cars with stoned drivers and not even realized that they were stoned until they mentioned it.

Inquisitor on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yes.

"Mesa think da free market iz da only moral way ta do bizness, and anyguy whosa comprimises widda weak is mungo bad!"

RMS Oceanic on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jesus Christ, the gay thread got ridiculous in a hurry.

Also, I hate concern trolls.

Bama on
    edited October 2009

Being 'not as bad as BAC .08' is not a great recommendation. Having messed around with breathalyzers before, driving anywhere near BAC .08 is a terrible idea.

I never said that people should drive stoned. Shit, I think people shouldn't drive in general if they can avoid it. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a situation quite worth a "what the fuck?!", since THC is not as impairing as text messaging.

TL DR on
    edited October 2009

No one is recommending it...

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    This plan has merit.

I can invest in this.

lolcat.jpg

I'll toast to that cat.

I tried to find a 'salacious cat' on GIS. I had safesearch turned off. D:D:D:D:

Captain Carrot on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Oh god, yeah, texting is far more distracting then merely being on the phone talking.

I've been in cars with stoned drivers and not even realized that they were stoned until they mentioned it.

Yeah, I was very firmly in the other camp until I saw a few studies and that one video, now I'm really not as against driving stoned.

Winky on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    This plan has merit.

I can invest in this.

lolcat.jpg

I'll toast to that cat.

I tried to find a 'salacious cat' on GIS. I had safesearch turned off. D:D:D:D:

You fool.

Greeper on
This discussion has been closed.