As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ulator

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    What is a concern troll, Bama?

JustinSane07 on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know, I love my mother, but...

She just asked me if Tasmanian Devils come from Madagascar.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I tried to find a 'salacious cat' on GIS. I had safesearch turned off. D:D:D:D:

I did not expect the second page to have a picture of someone having sex with a dog....D:

Inquisitor on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    I'll toast to that cat.

Who wouldn't? :D

Also, just 'cause it's funny.

LOLcat%20pirate.jpg

Passerbye on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concern_troll#Concern_troll

and I tend to classify them purely by behavior, regardless of whether or not I think they are false flag

Bama on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    You know, I love my mother, but...

She just asked me if Tasmanian Devils come from Madagascar.

That's like the time my sister asked if the Pink Panther was a real animal.

She was 17 at the time.

RMS Oceanic on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this is us, passer:

Scheming.
    498327813_329e8ae58d.jpg

Greeper on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I never said that people should drive stoned. Shit, I think people shouldn't drive in general if they can avoid it. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a situation quite worth a "what the fuck?!", since THC is not as impairing as text messaging.

Well, in that case I'd be curious if they're considering whole trips or individual time-intervals. Texting seems to be clearly more dangerous during the window that you're looking away from the road, but that's presumably a short time. Also, texting while driving is also completely retarded.

So yeah, I'd say driving high still gets a what the fuck. Especially given that the post I replied to recommended getting high before driving to work every morning. What the fuck.

MrMister on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2009

Republicans Against Racism, for instance.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    I'm with MrMr on this. There's really no good justification for driving while high, and advocacy seems misplaced. It's doubly illegal and it puts people at siginificant risk. Granted it's not the worst thing you could be doing to put other people at risk, but it is still a colossally irresponsible thing to do.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    I never said that people should drive stoned. Shit, I think people shouldn't drive in general if they can avoid it. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a situation quite worth a "what the fuck?!", since THC is not as impairing as text messaging.

Well, in that case I'd be curious if they're considering whole trips or individual time-intervals. Texting seems to be clearly more dangerous during the window that you're looking away from the road, but that's presumably a short time. Also, texting while driving is also completely retarded.

So yeah, I'd say driving high still gets a what the fuck. Especially given that the post I replied to recommended getting high before driving to work every morning. What the fuck.

I assumed that was a joke. Very few people with real jobs would want to get high beforehand.

I did hear something on NPR yesterday about how talking on a cell was shown to actually reduce drivers' peripheral vision, and that this reduction persisted for up to 20 minutes after the call was over. Very interesting stuff, but I'm not going to claim to be an expert here.

TL DR on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I assumed that was a joke. Very few people with real jobs would want to get high beforehand.

Seriously. I smoke pot like a motherfucker, but work is different.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concern_troll#Concern_troll

and I tend to classify them purely by behavior, regardless of whether or not I think they are false flag

Oh so they're like devil's advocates that are actively trying to undermine the topic at hand.

Got it.

JustinSane07 on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this is us, passer:

Scheming.
    498327813_329e8ae58d.jpg

Dyr needed a hug. Back now.

Here we are on safari in the jungle.
    funny-pictures-lolcats-gone-wild.jpg

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    okay I'm going to nap now, bye [chat]
    cats_sleeping_positions.jpg

Greeper on
    edited October 2009
    No dammit, how are we going to plot the crime of the century?
    killsuperman.jpg
    Sleep well, and congrats again. :)

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    This thread answers the age old questin of "Is it possible for a lolcat to beat a dead horse?"

We now know the answer is "Yes"

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2009
    wait you lost me.
    funny-pictures-cat-asks-lion-statue-what-he-is-looking-at.jpg

Greeper on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This thread answers the age old questin of "Is it possible for a lolcat to beat a dead horse?"

We now know the answer is "Yes"

This was answered a long, long, looong time ago.

Inquisitor on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My issue with driving impaired by anything is that people tend to be shitty drivers normally. Anything that makes them worse is a bad thing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am convinced that there are a scant handful of times in the history of the universe when a caption has improved a picture.

Thanatos on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bizored.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Our will is strong. Our plan is evil.

Very evil.
    1139793151_89c6c66969.jpg

Greeper on
    edited October 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm with MrMr on this. There's really no good justification for driving while high, and advocacy seems misplaced. It's doubly illegal and it puts people at siginificant risk. Granted it's not the worst thing you could be doing to put other people at risk, but it is still a colossally irresponsible thing to do.
    The one and only semi-scientific experiment I've seen done on this was done on a British television show with a single driver, and it actually improved his performance.

Thanatos on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I am convinced that there are a scant handful of times in the history of the universe when a caption has improved a picture.

6a00d8341c02fd53ef010536cfad33970b-800wi

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited October 2009

lol-cat-middle-finger.jpg

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    Please stop image-spamming the chat thread.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2009
    okay naptime for serius now.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009
    The one and only semi-scientific experiment I've seen done on this was done on a British television show with a single driver, and it actually improved his performance.

I believe VC posted extensively on this subject.

and talked... believe me, grand tourismo rant is much worse in person...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited October 2009

6a00d8341c02fd53ef010536cfad33970b-800wi
    I was referring to photographs, Captain Pedant.

Thanatos on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It is a bit obnoxious.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2009
    Our will is strong. Our plan is evil.

Very evil.
    1139793151_89c6c66969.jpg
    lolcats-funny-picture-baby-i-love-you.jpg

Passerbye on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Question: would the same principle extend to anti-anxiety medication (like Xanax or Klonopin) if the person in question had a bona fide general anxiety disorder?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Where is Mike?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hakks, will you be my secret lover?

Captain Carrot on
    edited October 2009

Considering that every other one has been spoiler'd? Ehn, I'm not feeling so bad. If you don't like lolcats, don't open the spoilers. :?

Passerbye on
  • BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

Question: would the same principle extend to anti-anxiety medication (like Xanax or Klonopin) if the person in question had a bona fide general anxiety disorder?

Depends on the dosage and how long they've been taking it.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
    edited October 2009

yeah. image-spamming is the worst.

lol-hat.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Considering that every other one has been spoiler'd? Ehn, I'm not feeling so bad. If you don't like lolcats, don't open the spoilers. :?
    So if I were just spamming the chat thread with empty spoilers, you would see that as fine?

Thanatos on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

No one needs to smoke before driving. Someone might need to take Xanax before driving. But, if Xanax does cause a dangerous impairment, then that person should try to use alternate arrangements in any but the most pressing circumstances.

MrMister on
This discussion has been closed.