As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ulator

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How about if you do like lolcats you go to icanhascheeseburger and knock yourself out?

Bama on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Please stop image-spamming the chat thread.
    Considering that every other one has been spoiler'd? Ehn, I'm not feeling so bad. If you don't like lolcats, don't open the spoilers. :?
    So if I were just spamming the chat thread with empty spoilers, you would see that as fine?

How is that even analogous? The images are different from each other, the only problem is that you don't like them.

And no, I wouldn't mind empty spoilers.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    whiny killed chat

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Where is Mike?

New Jersey?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm with MrMr on this. There's really no good justification for driving while high, and advocacy seems misplaced. It's doubly illegal and it puts people at siginificant risk. Granted it's not the worst thing you could be doing to put other people at risk, but it is still a colossally irresponsible thing to do.

Question: would the same principle extend to anti-anxiety medication (like Xanax or Klonopin) if the person in question had a bona fide general anxiety disorder?

No one needs to smoke before driving. Someone might need to take Xanax before driving. But, if Xanax does cause a dangerous impairment, then that person should try to use alternate arrangements in any but the most pressing circumstances.

But, my Bob Marley mp3s! I need to smoke before I drive or else these mp3s will go to waste.

desc on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    How about if you do like lolcats you go to icanhascheeseburger and knock yourself out?

Seriously people.

Don't go posting images to anything off topic.

Gah.

Quid on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm with MrMr on this. There's really no good justification for driving while high, and advocacy seems misplaced. It's doubly illegal and it puts people at siginificant risk. Granted it's not the worst thing you could be doing to put other people at risk, but it is still a colossally irresponsible thing to do.

Question: would the same principle extend to anti-anxiety medication (like Xanax or Klonopin) if the person in question had a bona fide general anxiety disorder?

No one needs to smoke before driving. Someone might need to take Xanax before driving. But, if Xanax does cause a dangerous impairment, then that person should try to use alternate arrangements in any but the most pressing circumstances.

What if marijuana is the most effective antianxiety medication available for a given person with the fewest side effects?

Alternately phrased: just because marijuana has been shown to be impairing in normal individuals does not necessarily mean it is impairing in individuals who have an endogenous chemical imbalance compensated for by cannabinoids.

Corollary: some "recreational" smokers may be self-medicating such an imbalance.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quid wrote: »

Seriously people.

Gah.

What is the topic of [chat]?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

Seriously people.

Gah.

What is the topic of [chat]?

as it happens, lolcats

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    WHY AM I STILL HERE?!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Time for the strawman mysoginist computer programmer!
    if (!woman.saidYes() || woman.saidNo())
    {
       woman.setConsent(true);
    }
    else
    {
       woman.setConsent(true);
    }
    man.getItOnWith(woman);

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can't people just drive in their god damn cars? Not smoke, drink coffee, put on make up? God damn you people!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Can't people just drive in their god damn cars? Not smoke, drink coffee, put on make up? God damn you people!

And not text. Goddamn I hate people that text while they drive. You're going to fucking kill someone and I hope that someone is yourself.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am going home.

Really.

This time I am.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Some people spend like a quarter of the fucking day in their cars. They gotta get something done.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Do you think I built this bong/cigarette/coffee mug holder for nothing, Preacher?

desc on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

What if marijuana is the most effective antianxiety medication available for a given person with the fewest side effects?

Alternately phrased: just because marijuana has been shown to be impairing in normal individuals does not necessarily mean it is impairing in individuals who have an endogenous chemical imbalance compensated for by cannabinoids.

Corollary: some "recreational" smokers may be self-medicating such an imbalance.

Then that shit should be isolated, tested, and properly administered first.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can someone make a happy relationship story thread? The crazy one is kind of depressing. I would, but, um, I don't really have any happy relationship stories.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Can someone make a happy relationship story thread? The crazy one is kind of depressing. I would, but, um, I don't really have any happy relationship stories.

There was one, but it had a tiny fraction of the activity of the "crazy" thread.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Happy stories are no where near as interesting as crazy/sad/embarrassing stories.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sure.

I don't trust people to self-diagnose that, though. "Oh, it's totally cool, don't worry--I figure I have this thing I read about online that makes it totally cool for me to smoke and drive."

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    thanks, now you've spread the depressing to [chat]

Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Every time I see someone do something stupid on the road, then look and see them fussing around with something, anything, it makes me wish I had a battering ram or gattling gun on my car.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, not so much. By medicating one thing they're still effecting something else (reflexes, attention span, etc.) It's the same argument as Klonopin or Xanax, which we just talked about. Certain doses cause an impairment of driving ability.

A lot of the problem with pot is that people tend to take too much when they're "self-medicating".

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am going home.

Really.

This time I am.

Whatever.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    time to bang out a paper

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I did. Specifically because of the crazy relationship thread. I don't think it even made it to ten pages. Also, non insignificant portion was people from the crazy thread saying they hated the couples in the non crazy thread.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Some people spend like a quarter of the fucking day in their cars. They gotta get something done.

HOW ABOUT DRIVING LIKE A SANE PERSON!

Also assholes who treat a protected green like a yield green I WILL FUCKING END YOU GUYS!

I swear to christ buddha would lose his shit in kirkland traffic patterns, so many fucking stupid people.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, Pass. How are you today?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Every time I see someone do something stupid on the road, then look and see them fussing around with something, anything, it makes me wish I had a battering ram or gattling gun on my car.
    Well at least you were paying attention to the road.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    all this driving on weed talk is bringing in the crazies.

make a thread about it already and lets keep chat to more penis related subjects.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I did. Specifically because of the crazy relationship thread. I don't think it even made it to ten pages. Also, non insignificant portion was people from the crazy thread saying they hated the couples in the non crazy thread.

Yes that was retarded, and while I appreciated the sentiment of the happy relationship thread, its death was merciful so the threadshitters could go back to being miserable some place else.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Like lolcats.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

make a thread about it already and lets keep chat to more penis related subjects.
    You ever seen a penis, man?

You ever seen a penis, on weeeeed?

Bama on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    speech done and semi practiced. enough that if I end up going today I won't be pathetic, just not-great.

now history gets studied.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    RRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i need to stop jumping in to the veg thread when cliff posts

the zoologist in me wants to strangle him

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What movie is that "on weeeed" thing from?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

What movie is that "on weeeed" thing from?
    Half Baked

Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

HOW ABOUT DRIVING LIKE A SANE PERSON!

Also assholes who treat a protected green like a yield green I WILL FUCKING END YOU GUYS!

I swear to christ buddha would lose his shit in kirkland traffic patterns, so many fucking stupid people.

What the fuck is a protected and yield green?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    the zoologist in me wants to strangle him

the zoologist in me was grain-fed, antibiotic free, free-range and delicious.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
This discussion has been closed.