As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ulator

• Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Wally, he brought it up. As well, a couple of others (you) have expressed similar sentiments. Why would I send a PM when [chat] can address all of you?

Besides, he's trying to make it out like I'm spamming with photos, which is not even remotely true. Sorry for expecting my mods to meet a higher standard. :?

lolcap2.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    I love Bloons tower defense.

You need to share your love more often, then. I only recently discovered it.

Gem tower defense is a good one too, but not as enjoyable visually.

Lots of really fun shooters on there too. The bubble shooter is one of my favorites.

Haven't tried that one yet.

Bubble shooter? You mean the style where you shoot items up from the bottom and get points for groupings?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    I liked gemcraft more than bloons, but the power progression in gemcraft makes the game stupid easy after a certain point.

Yes. Yes it does.

Quid on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Image spam is annoying, though vastly less annoying when spoilered, personally.

Though image spam, even behind spoilers must be annoying for people on 56k or browsing from their phone or whatever.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hypothetical: A man smokes half a joint, and then is called into work to relieve an ill coworker.
    I have a feeling that a lot of people here would say that he shouldn't drive.

Another hypothetical: A man is getting over the flu, takes the recommended dose of Dayquil, and then is called into work.
    I have a feeling that those same people wouldn't see a problem with driving, even though a person is less likely to be experienced with functioning under the influence of disassociative drugs as found in Dayquil and would in fact be more impaired than the marijuana user.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The G&T chat thread?

you mean the TF2 thread?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I love Bloons tower defense.

You need to share your love more often, then. I only recently discovered it.

Gem tower defense is a good one too, but not as enjoyable visually.

Lots of really fun shooters on there too. The bubble shooter is one of my favorites.

Haven't tried that one yet.

Bubble shooter? You mean the style where you shoot items up from the bottom and get points for groupings?

More like that old game asteroids. You go around in a ship and shoot stuff getting upgrades. Only in this one you're in a tiny ship made of bubbles, traveling from blob of water to blob of water destroying other bubbles enemies and growing larger and more specialized for your preferred fighting method.

Edit: It's apparently called Bubble Tanks 2.

Quid on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ack, lead balloons. Damn.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it is 60F in my house

brrrrrrrr

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The G&T chat thread?

you mean the TF2 thread?

RED team is butts, I tells you! Butts!

TL DR on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've taken dayquil I can't recall any negative effects it places on your driving, thats why its dayquil so you can keep going on about your day. Where as nyquil you shouldn't be driving.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Image spam is annoying, though vastly less annoying when spoilered, personally.

Though image spam, even behind spoilers must be annoying for people on 56k or browsing from their phone or whatever.

annoying is great. do annoying. people with crappy internet be damned.

All I am saying is that a bunch of whiny posts substituted for .jpghilarity is not the optimal response.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it is 60F in my house

brrrrrrrr

D:

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    it is 60F in my house

brrrrrrrr

D:

I KNOW

so cold!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    More like that old game asteroids. You go around in a ship and shoot stuff getting upgrades. Only in this one you're in a tiny ship made of bubbles, traveling from blob of water to blob of water destroying other bubbles enemies and growing larger and more specialized for your preferred fighting method.

Edit: It's apparently called Bubble Tanks 2.

Ah, yes, I've played that, though a while ago and I think it was the original.

Yah, that's a fun one.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've taken dayquil I can't recall any negative effects it places on your driving, thats why its dayquil so you can keep going on about your day. Where as nyquil you shouldn't be driving.

Fun fact: Dayquil still has 2/3 of the dextromethorphan as Nyquil.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    it is 60F in my house

brrrrrrrr

D:

Stoners man I tell ya.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hypothetical: A man smokes half a joint, and then is called into work to relieve an ill coworker.

Another hypothetical: A man is getting over the flu, takes the recommended dose of Dayquil, and then is called into work.
    I have a feeling that those same people wouldn't see a problem with driving, even though a person is less likely to be experienced with functioning under the influence of disassociative drugs as found in Dayquil and would in fact be more impaired than the marijuana user.

The solution in both cases is clearly in integrate a vaporizer into the car's A/C system.

desc on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude, I was taking those daytime gelcaps (Target generic) during a sinus infection last month and I was rocking a buzz most of the work day.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I hear it can get down to almost 60 in Hawaii. So I'll probably still have a long sleeved shirt just in case.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Ok? I mean I've driven on dayquil my skills are not impaired so if your driving skills on a joint are similar drive away. Unless you are an asian, then stay away from cars forever.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    desc wrote: »

The solution in both cases is clearly in integrate a vaporizer into the car's A/C system.

I just toss a fistfull of buds in the fuel tank and then sit in the garage with the motor running. Erryday?

TL DR on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Is there a minimum age to book a hotel room?

I just need to leave a debit card on file right?

Someone teach me.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I just toss a fistfull of buds in the fuel tank and then sit in the garage with the motor running. Erryday?
    Give me some dro, purple haze and some chocolate
    Give me a Dutch and a lighter I'll spark shit!
    And stay high all the time...
    I smoke that good shit!
    I'm high all the time...
    Man, I'm on some hood shit!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009

Ok? I mean I've driven on dayquil my skills are not impaired so if your driving skills on a joint are similar drive away. Unless you are an asian, then stay away from cars forever.

'cism.
    so true, though

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I hear it can get down to almost 60 in Hawaii. So I'll probably still have a long sleeved shirt just in case.

MAN VS WILD

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It won't get that cold where you guys will be living. Mid 60's will be the lowest you'll experience, and even that's a long-shot.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

Someone teach me.

Usually 18. Although if you show up at the counter and look young, they'll ask for a deposit and be generally dickish, so book online.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seriously synd, black people generally like fried chicken. And asians have the driving skills of drunk narcopleptics. God forbid its an asian woman in an suv. That's like 8 kind of an accident about to happen.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Someone teach me.

Last hotel I stayed in had a sign saying you needed to be eighteen, but you live in foreign, so who knows.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Someone teach me.

It's pretty much as long as you have a credit (or in your case debit) card that can be used as a means of placing a deposit. So long as you have that you should be able to book a room.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Someone teach me.

Usually 18. Although if you show up at the counter and look young, they'll ask for a deposit and be generally dickish, so book online.

debit cards will generally be run for full charge, in that pending kind of way, to guarantee availability of funds.

they will not finalize the charge until you check out.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Someone teach me.

Last hotel I stayed in had a sign saying you needed to be eighteen, but you live in foreign, so who knows.

Actually 'nichu lives in America, the center of the world. You people live in foreign.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Someone teach me.

Actually 'nichu lives in America, the center of the world. You people live in foreign.

us-centric-globe.jpg

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wish we had those types of debit cars up here where they are "Visa Check Cards". We have debit cards but it's bank cards and there's no sort of corporate thing to them so if I ever want to rent a car or a hotel I need to have a credit card.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I feel bad that were are the last people to move our last stuff out of the old building and we have to inconvenience someone to do it later tonight.

....I don't feel too bad, though, because they made us wait so long to get an answer and it's an inconvenient time, and they're pretty much dicks.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    I'm 21 about to be 22, so that's cool.

I just want to get a hotel room for one night in the city but I don't want to run into any "oopsies, you didn't know this, you uncultured man!" moments that ruin it.

If the other occupant of the room is under 21 will that be a problem? Or can I just request a room without access to alcohol?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hello rad!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I just want to get a hotel room for one night in the city but I don't want to run into any "oopsies, you didn't know this, you uncultured man!" moments that ruin it.

If the other occupant of the room is under 21 will that be a problem? Or can I just request a room without access to alcohol?

Generally you should sneak in your prostitutes anyway.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Just don't tell them her age? Or claim she's your daughter, do this while playing grab ass in the lobby for extra fun.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.