As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the [Droid] you're looking for - $199 with 2-year Contract, hits 11/6

LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
500ximg0171.jpg
image from Gizmodo

So, Verizon has now officially unveiled the new Motorola Droid, which appears to be the companies' answer to AT&T and the iPhone. According to a press event today, the Droid will launch November 6 of this year.

The Droid will also come with Google's new Google Maps Navigation, a free GPS navigation app, that, well, works like a GPS navigator (though Google says it'll be open to other carriers and handsets, and supposedly they're in talks with Apple for an iPhone version)

What is it?
The Droid is the new Smartphone being released by Motorola through Verizon. The carrier seems to have been building up to it's release with it's latest series of ads that have been tackling AT&T and the iPhone, in their "There's a Map for that" and "Droid Does" ads. As well, the device is reported to be a "Google Experience" device, so here's hoping that means that Verizon's sticky past with trying to control their handsets won't be the case here.

What's it run?
The Droid runs Android 2.0 as it's operating system, reported to be a noted improvement over 1.6. Here's (spoilered for length)BGR's preview of the OS:
We hope you Android lovers out there are sitting down, because we’re about to knock your socks off. Android 2.0 hasn’t been released, announced, or even pictured. Until now. And we’re doing it like we’re doing it for TV — major screenshots and major information right here, just for you, our beloved readers.

Android 2.0 looks to be a major improvement in Google’s mobile OS and we couldn’t be more excited about it. From native Exchange support to native Facebook support (it will sync with your contacts), browser improvements, a completely updated Maps application, unified email Inbox — there’s much, much more — and a brand new UI makeover, version 2.0 starts to make Android a really viable (and interesting) platform. Bounce over the jump for all the screenshots and our walkthrough!

Please note: this isn’t the final build of Android 2.0 and the follow reporting is based on the version we have running. Things can and will change prior to release.

Microsoft Exchange compatibility looks to be built-in to the OS now, and the new unified Inbox is perfect for keeping up with your personal and corporate email. You can star (flag for the corporate world) emails, mark multiple as read or unread, delete, forward — whatever you want basically. Emails load effortlessly. Unfortunately (or not so unfortunately) the unified Inbox won’t work with your Gmail account as that uses the specific Google-made Gmail email application in Android.

Maps has been updated to include Layers. We’d imagine this will grow over time but now you can overlay search queries, Wikipedia entries, Latitude buddies, traffic, transit lines, and even load remote My Maps where you can share and receive directions with others. Android 2.0 seems to have some multi-touch gestures built-in like two-finger tapping in Maps, that will zoom in, however, there’s no gesture to zoom out and pinching doesn’t work. © Apple.

The browser has a nice little UI makeover with a redone URL entry bar which includes a Favicon. In terms of performance, no this version we have doesn’t have Flash 10, Google keeps making strides in the browser space. It’s worlds better than anything we’ve used previously on a stock Android OS, and jumps one notch higher than HTC’s customized browser. There is not multi-touch in here as of now, but, you can double tap to zoom in and zoom out which is really all we’ve been asking for since Android 1.0. Oh and did we mention this thing flies? We’re talking ridiculously close to iPhone 3GS web page speeds.

There’s now a YouTube widget you can place directly on your homescreen and that allows for literally two-click YouTube video uploads. You hit record, the video recording app launches, you type in a title and description for your newly-recorded video, and it’s up and away.

While the settings area is roughly the same overall, there’s a lot of interesting additions in 2.0. For starters, there’s haptic feedback built-in and a brand new Accessibility option. There’s also a new option for Text-to-speech and generally with Android 2.0, you’re given more control over the settings of your phone and more opportunities to customize it based on your liking. Something completely bewildering is the fact that if you set a lock code for the phone (seriously give people a choice to use numbers or letters as the passcode), there’s no lock interval option, so each time your phone turns off (about every 30 seconds when not in use), you’re forced to enter the password again on arrival. Lame.

Car Home. What? You don’t know what that is? Ok, it’s a new application that’s meant to be used, uh, in your car. Seriously it’s actually quite nice. It’s a consolidated list of icons that help you perform things (presumably using voice commands if you’re driving). Things like doing a voice search across the internet, getting driving directions, viewing a location on a map, selecting a contact, searching through your phone, etc. It’s very cool that you can say, “map of gas stations” and that will open Google Maps and show you on the map where all the gas stations are closest to you. Not exactly new technology, but hey, we didn’t say it was. We said this was all about pushing Android forward, and it is.

The Amazon MP3 application seems to work over 3G instead of just Wi-Fi now, but whether that is something done because of Android 2.0 or just because of the carrier it’s running on, we’re not positively sure.

Contacts seem to be much more roomy and there’s some great functionality built right in. Instead of hitting the contact and then diving through it to find the contact information you need, just tap the contact’s photo. Up will spring a clean and tidy sub-menu with the pertinent information which can be clicked on. Send someone an email instantly, open up their Facebook profile, or even call them! Very cool and all great things that we love seeing.

Things like the music application and gallery application don’t look to have changed too much, if at all. There also looks to be some more flexibility when defining homescreen shortcuts and things of that nature.

That’s all we have for you today, guys. What do you think of Android 2.0 in its not-final version? We’re loving it. And it could help that it’s running on a pretty bad ass piece of machinery, but hey, that’s for another day.

Specs
[Taken and paraphrased from Boy Genius Reports and leaked information from Motorola. Note: this is just a brief overview, you can find more in the links]
CPU: 550MHz Texas Instruments OMAP3430 processor
GPU: PowerVR GPU
Memory: 256MB of RAM, 16GB microSD card
Wireless: CDMA 1X 800/1900, EVDO rev A, 802.11 b&g Wi-Fi, GPS
Camera: 5-megapixel auto-focus camera, 4x digital zoom, Dual-LED flash
Video Capture: 720x480 24fps
Interface: 3.7 Capacitive Touchscreen (reportedly glass), touch-sensitive navigation buttons, Full QWERTY keyboard
Ports: headset jack (3.5mm), microUSB port (USB 2.0)
Misc. Hardware: digital magnetometer, accelerometer, proximity sensors, notification LED
Media Formats: AAC, H.263, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR WB, MID AMR NB
Picture Formats: JPEG, GIF, BMP and PNG

Okay, so what's this going to run me
The price for the Droid will be $200 with 2-year contract, but only counting the somewhat peculiar mail-in rebate (in this case, a... debit card? WTF Verizon?)

waNkm4k.jpg?1
Lanz on

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want this pretty bad, but I'm contract with Sprint for another 8 months. Oh well :(

a5ehren on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, if I'm with Verizon and I'm able to upgrade to a new phone/contract, is this the Droid I'm looking for? I've read that they're going to be coming out with quite a few android phones on Verizon, but is this the one I should be getting if I want a smart phone?

Not that I expect anyone to really know, since there's not much info out at the moment, but maybe someone's read more on it than I have.

Ecko on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ecko wrote: »
    So, if I'm with Verizon and I'm able to upgrade to a new phone/contract, is this the Droid I'm looking for? I've read that they're going to be coming out with quite a few android phones on Verizon, but is this the one I should be getting if I want a smart phone?

Not that I expect anyone to really know, since there's not much info out at the moment, but maybe someone's read more on it than I have.

From what I've read, this is the one you'd want to go with.

There's also a rumor going around that the Droid's design was dictated to Motorola by Google, but I've yet to find a definitive source on that that doesn't essentially amount to hearsay

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've already decided that this will be my new phone when my new every two comes up in January.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm curious about the HTC dragon but it sounds like it's a ways off.

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I noticed that the resolution isn't in the "quick specs" list but probably should be, since this fucker is rolling 854x480.

Full DVD resolution on a goddamn cell phone, people.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    ShadowrunnerShadowrunner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I watched the videos of the phone in action on Engadget, and goddam, this thing is sexy.

Shadowrunner on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There was a supposedly GSM version spotted. I hope that's true, cause I'll jump on that.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been following this for quite some time now. Apparently my New Every 2 date is 11/4/2009, so I guess I'll be at a Verizon store next Friday getting mine!

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    As far as me, I'm waiting for the HTC Passion which will have a 1ghz snapdragon processor. It'll, hopefully, be out fourth quarter. That's what is being speculated.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I watched the videos of the phone in action on Engadget, and goddam, this thing is sexy.

I heard that too, I forget who, it's ether Gizmodo or Engadget that's got a video outta Vietnam of the thing.

Not sure if it's coming here though, the rumors I heard about it said it was unlikely [like, it'd just be a foreign territories unit]

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm excited about this but not so much for signing up for a data plan. Would there be any point to getting this and then only having net access if I'm in a WiFi spot?

Backstop on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Backstop wrote: »
    I'm excited about this but not so much for signing up for a data plan. Would there be any point to getting this and then only having net access if I'm in a WiFi spot?

I read somewhere that Verizon only lets you get smartphones if you sign up for a data plan. Not sure if that's true, but I just read it earlier today.

I upgraded to an HTC Imagio on Oct. 7th, and the interface is slick, but I'm having reservations since the unit is a little slow (uses an old processor) and since the Droid looks so fast and has so much potential. I had decided not to wait for it when I got my Imagio, since I'm not really a Google user (besides maps, I mean - I don't use gmail and I don't particularly want to), but now I kinda want to try to trade my Imagio in for this when it launches next week. If I bought my Imagio on Oct. 6th and activated it on Oct. 7th, I can still trade this in next week (within the 30 day limit), right? Will they not let me do the trade-in since this is going to be such a hot item? I'll probably head over to a Verizon store on Monday and make sure that this can happen. The two units are the same price, so I hope that I can just do a quick swap. I suppose I'd pick up the little desk-docking station, too (not included).

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I suppose there'd be no harm in that, if it's possible.

Personally at that rate I'd just save up for a netbook or something and use that and have a normal phone, though.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I read somewhere that Verizon only lets you get smartphones if you sign up for a data plan. Not sure if that's true, but I just read it earlier today.

We were actually discussing that in the Android thread, and you can only get smartphones with a data plan included. If you want one without it you have to pay for the full price of the phone.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What's the full price of the Droid phone?

Also, does anybody know a list of upcoming Android capable phones on Verizon?
    I remember hearing rumors about the HTC Hero.

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Currently the only announced Android phones are the Droid and the HTC Eris (which is a reskinned Hero.)

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

According to Ars, the mail-in rebate is $100, so I guess you're looking at $299 overall

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I'm already in a 2 year family plan contract with verizon, can I get it for the 2 year price?

nothing else to say other than WANT

Kriz on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HooverFan wrote: »

According to Ars, the mail-in rebate is $100, so I guess you're looking at $299 overall

I'm sure it's twice that if he wants to get it without a contract.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wish smartphones didn't have data plans.
    A hard hit for a college student @_@

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I get the feeling that on top of the voice and messaging family plan I have, they're going to want $30 per phone just for the data.

Kriz on
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kriz wrote: »
    I get the feeling that on top of the voice and messaging family plan I have, they're going to want $30 per phone just for the data.

Yes. Data plans do not cover all lines in the Family Plans. I have a data plan on my line but my mom doesn't on hers. Only my line is charged the 30 for data.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    TheRussianFunkTheRussianFunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I'm still using a 4.5 year old phone, and it's time to finally upgrade, things like not receiving picture messages has finally gotten old despite my phone's indestructibility (Samsung n330). I'm completely on board for this phone, any of you serial-upgraders out there want to give me a bit of guidance here?

I've seen how crazy the verizon store by my house can get when a new phone is released, when the storm came out you'd think they were giving out free money or something. Is going to the store to acquire it much better than doing a preorder online? OR if you preorder it online can you just go to the store and pick it up the day it comes out?

TheRussianFunk on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have been really displeased with my Nokia N97 I got back in June and my AT&T coverage is shit where I live where as my Verizon work phone get nice quality all around the apartment.

I stayed away from Verizon just because they lock out stuff on phones and make you have to go through their Vxast thing or whatever. Is the Droid pretty free in configuration terms?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We left the Droid completely open like it is on other carriers. So we took a serious step back from control with Vcast. I don't know if it will, but it will probably have our over-prices VZW Tones Deluxe, but Android Market has a ringtone maker.

I've seen how crazy the verizon store by my house can get when a new phone is released, when the storm came out you'd think they were giving out free money or something. Is going to the store to acquire it much better than doing a preorder online? OR if you preorder it online can you just go to the store and pick it up the day it comes out?

Seriously, go to a store and just browse for phones to get a feel for what you like, then order it online. The rebate is not a MIR, it is instant online, so you're not paying the extra $100 up front, and you're also not paying taxes on that $10 as well. You just have to wait two business days. And FREE shipping.

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Reports coming out that Best Buy mobile's got Droid pre-orders now and will do the rebate instantly

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anyone know the up and up on this?
    Google fails to address app storage issue with Droid and Android 2.0

The Motorola Droid will be the most powerful Android phone to date when it launches on November 6, 2009. However, the device still features the same shortcomings of all other Android phones. The Droid ships with a 512 MB ROM which contains only 256 MB available for app storage.

Google does not support installing apps to the SD card (and likely never will), so developers are limited in what they can create.

For most applications, we want a small file size to limit the download times. When it comes to 3D games though, we need a ton of space for all the high-res textures, audio, and video.

Have you seen all the awesome iPhone and iPod Touch games? Hardly any of them would fit on an Android phone. It is not uncommon for popular titles to easily exceed 100 MB. For example, the game Myst takes up a whopping 727MB.

Motorola is going to promote the Droid as a mobile gaming device since it features the OMAP3430 platform which features a dedicated PowerVR SGX 530 GPU. This is the similar type of GPU as what was included with the iPhone 3G S, so we know it can pump out some crazy graphics.

I hope Google and Motorola find a way to resolve this problem, but the real solution is to include larger flash ROMs inside the phones.

Are other handset makers paying attention to this issue?
    http://androidandme.com/2009/10/news/google-fails-to-address-app-storage-issue-with-droid-and-android-2-0/

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lanz wrote: »
    Anyone know the up and up on this?
    Google fails to address app storage issue with Droid and Android 2.0

The Motorola Droid will be the most powerful Android phone to date when it launches on November 6, 2009. However, the device still features the same shortcomings of all other Android phones. The Droid ships with a 512 MB ROM which contains only 256 MB available for app storage.

There are plenty of other members of the OHA other than Google, and they could actually try to do something about that limitation. They could even do it without Google's "blessing". There are workarounds available on the XDA forums, but none of that is even remotely useful for normal users and developers. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is stupid bullshit because of the Android market and "protected" apps, though there is an issue of cheap (and slow) flash cards hurting performance and having the blame being put on the phone instead of the card.

I can think of one or two ways to solve this problem assuming android packages function similar to JARs, and it shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ouch damn I didn't realize that the 16GB I was reading about elsewhere was an SD card that couldn't be used for app storage.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    huh, anybody know anything about these? From the comments of the article I linked:
    commenter wrote:
    Developers can easily create a big game for android. They can put in the apk only some resources and .dex, when the user lunches the game for the first time the game downloads from internet into SD the game contents like sound and textures. The full game don’t need to be in app storage area.
    This isn’t so much of an issue as you claim. If you look at the largest games on the market such as Doom, it downloads the necessary files to the SD card. While this isn’t perhaps an ideal scenario, it does not inherently limit a developer from releasing a game over the small sizes of the internal ROMs.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love this to push more and more handset devs to release phones with the sizes that of the iPhone. 16gb on-board + 16gb micro-sd sounds very promising.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lanz wrote: »
    huh, anybody know anything about these? From the comments of the article I linked:
    commenter wrote:
    Developers can easily create a big game for android. They can put in the apk only some resources and .dex, when the user lunches the game for the first time the game downloads from internet into SD the game contents like sound and textures. The full game don’t need to be in app storage area.
    This isn’t so much of an issue as you claim. If you look at the largest games on the market such as Doom, it downloads the necessary files to the SD card. While this isn’t perhaps an ideal scenario, it does not inherently limit a developer from releasing a game over the small sizes of the internal ROMs.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love this to push more and more handset devs to release phones with the sizes that of the iPhone. 16gb on-board + 16gb micro-sd sounds very promising.

Makes perfect sense to me, I don't think Android restricts applications from accessing data on the SD card (textures, sounds, etc) it just won't let you execute an application from there. Put the main executable on the internal storage, have a downloadable package (".torrent plz?") and install that in a folder on the SD card. Then open the game, and have an option that says "Location of downloaded files?"

You'd just have to have your game be tolerant of different loading speeds of SD cards.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had a brief chance to play with a friend's Droid. The phone felt awesome, the click of the keyboard felt awesome, the keys felt nice although still a bit small, and I might have actually typed worse than my first time with an iPhone.

One thing that disappointed me, was the zoom. Since it forces you to tap to zoom, it resolves the screen each increment of zooming, so I think that causes the stuttering I saw and the slowness of zooming, compared to the iPhone where you zoom to the level you want, and then when you let go, it resolves.

I thought the menu setup was really nice though, maybe better than the iPhone.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The lack of multi-touch is kind of disappointing, since I've gotten so used to it with an ipod touch and palm pre, but it still looks pretty nice. I am seriously considering figuring out a way to get the droid with my parent's family plan.

Dignified, you might know this. The Droid is $200 with a 2-year contract and $500something with no contract. My phone is up for renewal but only for a new phone of the same price. My dad used the upgrade option that the plan had for his phone already I believe. So is there some sort of in-between option for me getting the Droid for less than $lots with the plan? Also would they have to add data for everybody or would it be easy to just set up a Data plan for one person. (it is entirely possible they've already gotten data for themselves, I need to check.)

I apologize if this is really random and all over the place.

Also, while it does look like I am almost definitely getting this, the HTC Passion looks like it might eventually maybe be awesome if/when it comes out.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    The lack of multi-touch is kind of disappointing, since I've gotten so used to it with an ipod touch and palm pre, but it still looks pretty nice. I am seriously considering figuring out a way to get the droid with my parent's family plan.

Dignified, you might know this. The Droid is $200 with a 2-year contract and $500something with no contract. My phone is up for renewal but only for a new phone of the same price. My dad used the upgrade option that the plan had for his phone already I believe. So is there some sort of in-between option for me getting the Droid for less than $lots with the plan? Also would they have to add data for everybody or would it be easy to just set up a Data plan for one person. (it is entirely possible they've already gotten data for themselves, I need to check.)

I apologize if this is really random and all over the place.

Also, while it does look like I am almost definitely getting this, the HTC Passion looks like it might eventually maybe be awesome if/when it comes out.

If you have a line eligible for upgrade, then it's going to get the 200 price after MIR.

That said, data plans are 29.99 per line with a smartphone.

As far as the Passion, it's rumored before Thanksgiving. I'm thinking that I'm going to get an Eris for 99.99 after MIR, and if the Passion comes out within 30 days, perform a WFG and pay a $35 restocking fee. I don't care, I want it and the Droid, while being amazing, I think the brand Motorola is stopping me. I have no doubt this will revamp Moto's image, but I am in love with everything HTC and the Passion will be second to none.

That said, I might end up waiting 10 months for a bigger better phone. That, and the Eris has 7 homescreens and Sense UI from HTC. Moto Droid only has 3 and doesn't even have motoblur. That I think was a big downside. Also, Eris is flash-capable out of the box where Moto Droid is rumored to not be full-flash capable until 2010 after a software upgrade.

I really am on the fence about everything though. Android 2.0, while being amazing, hasn't impressed me.

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really wish the data plan was $20, I just find it hard to justify spending more for mobile internet than I do for my home connection.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It should be more expensive since it's, well, mobile?.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yes, but it only provides service for one phone, my home internet serves 3 computers and 2 game systems. $5 per device, which I know is an odd way to look at things, but that how my mind breaks things down. I'm still prob gonna get it and still will pay it, but just wish they would drop the price a little

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, but it's also priced that way so not everyone gets it. If it was cheaper, even MORE people would get it, and it would bog down the network.

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't decide between this and the Eris mostly just because the Eris has such an awesome name.

Mai-Kero on