As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Received Our PAX Badges Today

13»

• Lazyboy013086Lazyboy013086 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    so i got mine too but a couple questions arise....

since we were provided with a nifty badge display are we expected to have them on display all the time because i can imagine some 12 year old piss ant running past and snagging it. leaving me high and dry for the next few days.

or....do we just have to show them at the door and thats it. in that case i'll have mine in my wallet and flash it dick tracy style.

anyone else paranoid about it being stolen either outside the doors or in the expo?

Lazyboy013086 on
    I'm watching you like Celery, yeah i'm stalking...lol.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    so i got mine too but a couple questions arise....

since we were provided with a nifty badge display are we expected to have them on display all the time because i can imagine some 12 year old piss ant running past and snagging it. leaving me high and dry for the next few days.

or....do we just have to show them at the door and thats it. in that case i'll have mine in my wallet and flash it dick tracy style.

anyone else paranoid about it being stolen either outside the doors or in the expo?

If you have yours stolen, I'm going to assume you can get another one from the registration desk by showing them some ID. Or, they'll at least let you in.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Legacy, are you bringing your PC? Because mine is named Legacy and who knows what would happen. :shock:

GeeCee on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    GeeCee wrote:
    Legacy, are you bringing your PC? Because mine is named Legacy and who knows what would happen. :shock:

Nope. Mine shall stay here at home.

It's not that powerful and I have other things to do.

Legacy on
  • Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Mine was Red, does that mean anything?

Plus I've got my trusty GC lanyerd to hang it on!!!! (lanyard?)

Seth410 on
    Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2005
    Red means 3-day pass. The yellow star means you get in an hour early because you pre-registered.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Red means 3-day pass. The yellow star means you get in an hour early because you pre-registered.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can use the men's room while it's still clean!!!! Thanks!

Seth410 on
    Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Seth410 wrote:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can use the men's room while it's still clean!!!! Thanks!

...I've lost faith in all public facilities...

Shade on
  • BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    So I got my pre-reg badge in the mail a few days ago and unfortunately it looks like I can't go. :(

I'm guessing it's too late for a refund, but is there a way I can transfer my badge to someone else who can go?

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Binkley wrote:
    So I got my pre-reg badge in the mail a few days ago and unfortunately it looks like I can't go. :(

I'm guessing it's too late for a refund, but is there a way I can transfer my badge to someone else who can go?
    What

Hey

You bum.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Sorry B:L, but work >> all. I'm just glad to be getting paid even if I work for THE MAN. :P

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • AntilleseAntillese Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Hey Khoo, are you going to be distributing tickets for the concert during the early hour for pre-regers? Or do I just get to stand in line for an extra hour?

Antillese on
  • SatchSatch Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I've been hugging my badge since I got it.

It's currently in a drawer with all my free Disney park passes (I work for ABC so they keep sending them, but I live nowhere near a park)

I figure they're making friends. Or murdering each other.

With claw shrimp

Satch on
    'I bring the funny, but it's not my fault if it goes bad in the car'
    edited August 2005
    Binkley wrote:

Sure, go ahead and give the pass to said friend and he or she will be good to go.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited August 2005
    Antillese wrote:
    Hey Khoo, are you going to be distributing tickets for the concert during the early hour for pre-regers? Or do I just get to stand in line for an extra hour?

The first 400 will go to the first 400 people in the door, meaning if you did not prereg you don't get an opportunity to get these 400... but the rest of the 1600 are free game 200 at a time every hour until they're gone.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    what's the "(Red)" mean... does that imply there is a "(Blue)" too?! :shock: did anyone get a pass with a colour other than Red? ;) Could be somethign to do with that secret event, methinks! ;)

Unknown User on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I bet the blue passes will be the single-day passes, bought at PAX.

GeeCee on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I have yellow.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    I have yellow.

Media, eh?

Legacy on
    edited August 2005
    Different colors mean different badge types, yes.

The yellow star means you are a preregistrant.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited August 2005

Unless there's a yellow background, right?

I think the yellow ones look better than the red ones.

Unknown User on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2005

I read that as pregnant.... :shock:

Shade on
    edited August 2005
    Shade wrote:

I read that as pregnant.... :shock:
    Baby.... Baby.... Pirate??

I'm sorry, I just had to do that.

Unknown User on