As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Goddamn Batman Would Have Words With The Both Of You [NSF56K]

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How did they stop all those heroes from falling to their deaths when gravity guy lost his concentration? Did Reed turn himself into a giant ball and welcome them all into his bosom?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Here is how Graviton makes sure no super heroes try and interfere with his plans of taking over the world:

But whats Pym doing up there? Heyoooooo.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What happened was there was this minion of Graviton (the guy in the middle of the third page) who was actually using Graviton's gravity powers to open a wormhole to allow an alien invasion to come through. Fixer killed the guy, and Karla was able to talk Graviton down at the end, which was to put all the cities in the world back down (he lifted them up too) and put the heroes back. This then made all the Thunderbolts outside of Songbird and Hawkeye wind up on the Heroes Reborn earth

The last 25 issues of the first Thunderbolts run, excluding the fight club schtick, are some of the most fluid and fun issues where everything happened. Zemo being a good guy, Clint in jail, more villains trying to reform, stuff with Justin Hammer's legacy....

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    To celebrate the Basketball coming back to entertain us with it's dribbling and its hoops making, here are some pages from Godzilla vs. Barkley, made in 1993:
    Godzilla is attacking, Barkley is made giant size because of a magic silver dollar a kid gave him to fight Godzilla:

bvga.jpg

bvgb.jpg

bvgc.jpg

bvgd.jpg

bvge.jpg

and then Barkley sets up a basketball goal in the grand canyon to keep him busy

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Charles Barkley hates lizard-skinned people.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That reminds me, i need to play Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SNORF!

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not only did I have that comic, but I also stole it from my brother. :(

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    Not only did I have that comic, but I also stole it from my brother. :(

Charles Barkley would not approve!

Godzilla would not care.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robos' post reminded me of the end of Godzilla 2000 so I youtube'd it

And I laughed so hard.

For those who haven't seen it, Godzilla has beaten the monster as well as the bad humans who tried to destroy him and is about to walk off into the sunset yet again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4MepzgvhI

Godzilla is too cold for you

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Godzilla doesn't look right in this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCF-QFuoYs

emnmnme on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    since when does godzilla love playin' hoop

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know, someone needs to do a Marvel or DC series about a superhero that fights giant monsters.

Actually, that should just be the next Hank Pym series. I refuse to believe that someone could fail to make Pym cool if he was wrestling giant radioactive crocodiles or punching out mutated supergorillas.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

I think him and Jet Jaguar ruled the Japanese playground scene for years, White Men Can't Jump was based on those two.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    You know, someone needs to do a Marvel or DC series about a superhero that fights giant monsters.

Actually, that should just be the next Hank Pym series. I refuse to believe that someone could fail to make Pym cool if he was wrestling giant radioactive crocodiles or punching out mutated supergorillas.
    Wow. You'd think this would be the most obvious thing in the world, but it never occurred to me.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ringo wrote: »

Wow. You'd think this would be the most obvious thing in the world, but it never occurred to me.

I believe in the original Exiles there was a universe they went to where Pym was on Curt Conner's Science Squad and what they largely did was fight giant monsters.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I knew I should have finished buying the Exiles TPBs.

Also, how to make Hank Pym cool in one panel: Have him lay a backhand on Fin Fang Foom. Or possibly Googam, son of Goom.

Everyone would forget all about that Wasp business.

Jeez, I'm going to spend the next few days thinking about how awesome a book about Pym facing off against the classic Marvel monsters would be, and sullenly thinking about how I'll never get to read it.

Munch on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Robos' post reminded me of the end of Godzilla 2000 so I youtube'd it

And I laughed so hard.

For those who haven't seen it, Godzilla has beaten the monster as well as the bad humans who tried to destroy him and is about to walk off into the sunset yet again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx4MepzgvhI
    Chief Wiggum: Yep, that's some mighty fine protectin' you're doing there.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Also, how to make Hank Pym cool in one panel: Have him lay a backhand on Fin Fang Foom. Or possibly Googam, son of Goom.

Jeez, I'm going to spend the next few days thinking about how awesome a book about Pym facing off against the classic Marvel monsters would be, and sullenly thinking about how I'll never get to read it.

A giant version of Ultron. That is who they should show him slapping. It could be a double page spread.

Edit: Unless it's Ultron in Janet's form, then it's... Oh gosh, I don't even know.

Faynor on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Write it, Munch.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »

I think him and Jet Jaguar ruled the Japanese playground scene for years, White Men Can't Jump was based on those two.

I just spat on my expensive new monitor.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

A giant version of Ultron. That is who they should show him slapping. It could be a double page spread.

Edit: Unless it's Ultron in Janet's form, then it's... Oh gosh, I don't even know.

"That man beat his wife, you know!"

"Yes, and for that we cannot thank him enough."

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Excellent

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited October 2009

A rampaging, nude, 50 foot metal woman does have its charms...

Boobs.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    To be honest, Jan-Ultron was one of the things I liked about Bendis' Mighty Avengers run. I thought it was neat.

Faynor on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    drtlw_020.jpg

This made me laugh from Wolverine: The List.

I hated how Marvel Boy was drawn through out the issue though.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You seem to be under impression that that scan is readable. I can tell you honestly, that it is not. It needs to be bigger!

Solar on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    in honour of deaths heads return to profitable freelance peacekeeping a few greatest hits, from back in the day:
    BB1.jpg
    BB2.jpg

and just to highlight his non-partisan approach:
    SW1.jpg
    SW2.jpg

manji on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bullseye is pretty cool when not being the punching bag for every hero:

da3a.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    ah yes, i didn't understand what the fuck he was talking about there

edit- upon further investigation, it appears that it's a line from a distillers song. i still don't get it

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, that was a strangely poetic comment from Bullseye.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Going by this it seems to be lyrics to a song by the Distillers called the hall of mirrors.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Who is this 'Chuck' the arrows keep talking about?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Who is this 'Chuck' the arrows keep talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Bartowski

Hensler on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You'd have thought that the arrow through the head would have been enough.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I thought it was Bullseye just spouting how awesome he thinks he is while he kills people

now that i know hes a Distillers fan i'm kinda what? about it

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I thought it was perhaps a little focusing mantra Bullseye uses to calm himself in a fight. I haven't read anything with Bullseye before, I knew he was a psycho, but thought because he was also and awesome martial artist he might have been classically trained by a master somewhere and learnt those kind of mantras.

Preferred that to it being a line from a song, but oh well.

Solar on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So it's definitely not relevant to something she said first? I assumed it meant she had also been quoting the song, or something...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    I thought it was perhaps a little focusing mantra Bullseye uses to calm himself in a fight. I haven't read anything with Bullseye before, I knew he was a psycho, but thought because he was also and awesome martial artist he might have been classically trained by a master somewhere and learnt those kind of mantras.

Preferred that to it being a line from a song, but oh well.

bullseye's whole deal is kind of that he's a fucking psycho who wouldn't have any kind of patience for classical training at all, which is why it's weird that he'd say anything more obscure than a "surf's up, pal!" type quip when killin'.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    From Firestorm #25 and #26;

Firestorm has just rushed off to battle Killer Frost and Mr. Freeze, leaving his socially awkward girlfriend Gehenna, and his stoic father alone in his apartment together.

ftniid.jpg

2v98xnr.jpg

e84njr.jpg

Later, after Killer Frost attaches a rocket to his back, Jason battles the villainess in space, eventually neutralizing her inside a block of ice. He returns to Earth with Killer Frost in tow, scanning the area for Mr. Freeze. While his back's turned, Frost begins to escape from her icy prison, only to be struck with a freeze ray. Jason turns and finds..

vmrwpe.jpg

2196vmh.jpg

fbkrp3.jpg

Having posted these, allow me to point out two things: 1) Gehenna was way too cool to be cannon fodder in Geoff Johns's most recent paint-by-numbers event. 2) The last time Batman pointed a gun at someone and shouted, "Do I make myself clear?!" the God of All Evil pissed his pants and died.

And here's an old Flash Gordon strip, which I'll spoil due to h-scroll breakage.
    2jb5g9k.jpg

Munch on
This discussion has been closed.