As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Politics Podcast: Yea or Nay?

1235»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    better not to use any nameology associated with the main site or the forums

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What about the name they stuck on the end of the 30 Republicans video?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Okay so if you guys do this, you can't associate Penny Arcade with the effort. The copyright is owned by Gabe and Tycho and they probably wouldn't want whatever views are produced to be associated with their website.

Sorry, but this is just how it's going to be.

I assumed as much.

Speaker on
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd be interested in participating, though I hate the sound of my own voice.

Specifically for religious-related stuff. Though of course you all know my position on religion, so maybe that wouldn't work.

Qingu on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Okay so if you guys do this, you can't associate Penny Arcade with the effort. The copyright is owned by Gabe and Tycho and they probably wouldn't want whatever views are produced to be associated with their website.

Sorry, but this is just how it's going to be.

I'm not exactly surprised by this, but thanks for the clarification.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So any ideas on my google docs dilemma?

I remember running into this problem before with trying to use a google spreadsheet for my guild JC information for WoW. We ended up fixing the problem by just giving me the direct link to the spreadsheet itself and I could look at / edit it from there.

Can someone PM me the actual website address for the document itself to see if I can see it that way?

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll find the link when I get home.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    better not to use any nameology associated with the main site or the forums

I don't know, I don't think "Debate & Discourse" necessarily signifies P-A. Maybe we should send an email up the chain to let them know we're trying not to step on any toes?

Limed for Truth is great from our sub-culture here, but will that carry any meaning beyond these forums? Does it have to?

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

What, The Political Advocacy Forum for Debate and Discourse?

That's a freaking mouthful, and it doesn't really roll off the tongue. Better for attack ads than a catchy name.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really like Limed For Truth. It doesn't have to make sense, except for "truth"

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    syndalis wrote: »

That's a freaking mouthful, and it doesn't really roll off the tongue. Better for attack ads than a catchy name.

Penile Punditry then.

Henroid on
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Destroyers of Lies and Hypocrisy

Qingu on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Weekly Exploration of Societal Undertakings Concerning Kingdoms, Countries, and the Overarching Communications Keeping Score.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Oh, come off it. There are plenty worse names out there.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Paucity of Pundits Political Podcast?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009

Oh, come off it. There are plenty worse names out there.

... you do know I made this name, right? ;-)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ..yes, of course I did.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Weekly Exploration of Societal Undertakings Concerning Kingdoms, Countries, and the Overarching Communications Keeping Score.

There can't possibly e anything wrong with this.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Smooth AlternateSmooth Alternate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Quibbles & Quarrels

Smooth Alternate on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    deowolf wrote: »

There can't possibly e anything wrong with this.

rolls right off the tongue
    and down your throat

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    if you do this

could you include a warm up explanatory section for people who are not born in your country

sometimes i like to know whats going on in this influential neck of the woods you guys have going on, but most of the time when i read a political thread everything is assumed for you.

im not asking for like, you know, the explanation of politics you get in high school or whatever. just at the start of each episode gives a tiny tiny bit of backstory as to why a particular political issue is an issue.

I nominate "Angry Americans Anonymous" as the name

because you know its accurate :P

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    if you do this

could you include a warm up explanatory section for people who are not born in your country

sometimes i like to know whats going on in this influential neck of the woods you guys have going on, but most of the time when i read a political thread everything is assumed for you.

im not asking for like, you know, the explanation of politics you get in high school or whatever. just at the start of each episode gives a tiny tiny bit of backstory as to why a particular political issue is an issue.

I nominate "Angry Americans Anonymous" as the name

because you know its accurate :P
    I think it's a very good idea to give context to the issue at hand, and I believe one of the proposed segments is on something like that.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    sounds great, i might be able to understand it then :P

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "The Forum"

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alright dudes, I've gotten some emails and given access to the google doc. Also, for all of the participants, we're going to move the discussion for putting the thing together to a google group (http://groups.google.com/group/lftpodcast ). Please email the gmail account (lftpodcast) if you want to participate, otherwise check the group forum to see the status of the project.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Trus wrote: »
    "The Forum"

This is the least bad.

I support this name with a cold, passionless, begruding support.

Speaker on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    limed for truth is still the best idea for a name

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Speaker wrote: »
    "The Forum"

This is the least bad.

Oh yippee Debbie Downer is on our side excuse me while I jerk off.

I like Limed for Truth or Limed for the Truth. The Forum is pretentious as hell.

Yar on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yar wrote: »
    "The Forum"

This is the least bad.

I like Limed for Truth or Limed for the Truth. The Forum is pretentious as hell.

Seriously, who cares if it's an in joke, it's an in forum podcast that will almost certainly not move into the wider world. If it becomes popular enough that it leaves the forum, consider changing the name to something less opaque then.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey wwtmask, I saw what you posted on the google group but I can't post anything in response. It says I don't have the proper permissions.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "The Forum"

This is the least bad.

*sniff*

at least someone liked it :(

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    LasgarLasgar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I would definitely listen to this, sounds awesome. Back to lurking.

Lasgar on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd definately listen to this.

If you need someone to talk I'd be willing to give it a shot. I've had more than a few people ask me if I work for a radio station/tell me I should because I apparently have a good voice for it. I've never done any voice work though so I have no idea how it'd actually turn out.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I recall us discussing doing this during the elections thread series. I am much interested in listening.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "The Forum"

This is the least bad.

Yeah, LFTT is the best. I forgot that was an option.

Now I'm off to kick puppies.

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Okay, everyone should be able to post to the google group now, so please go on and maek post.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey wwtMask, your PM box on the forum is full.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ok, I cleared some space out.

wwtMask on