As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini] My-Hime: Searrs/Obsidian Lord victory

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My-Hime is an amazing show. I really wish I could play, but... I've learned my lesson about phalla and unreliable internet connections (they lead only to heartbreak). Good luck, all! Go, Mikoto!

Lucedes on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is an unholy factions game of all faction games...so I'm going to stay the heck out of here.

But blue dotted...will be fun to watch.

See I figured I could win this is three days. Where are Burnage and Thelawinator?

Burnage is here. And he is probably going to role call day 1 again, judging by his signup post.

Be prepared for it.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !confirming

Also, he's MY Kime.

lonelyahava on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lucedes wrote: »
    My-Hime is an amazing show. I really wish I could play, but... I've learned my lesson about phalla and unreliable internet connections (they lead only to heartbreak). Good luck, all! Go, Mikoto!
    If I was samurai, I would be saying something like "you are now on the cool person's list" :lol:

But then, you're a Mikoto fan, so I might be forced to reconsider that~

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    looking through the quick GIS for My-hime....

I have decided that I like Natsuki

Quite possibly because she's dark-haired.

lonelyahava on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd like to Signup!

Jaenther on
    edited October 2009
    Received a couple questions about spoilers in IRC. I can't speak for Bremen and the narrations or role PMs, but any cyan question answered by me will be in two stages. You'll get a basic answer if one is applicable, then something detailed/spoiler worthy blocked out underneath.

For example, if someone asks for a full character list, you'll get a list of all characters and their basic descriptions, who they are, etc. Then in spoiler will be their significance in the show.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Sign Up for Failure.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm curious on how Mai and Mikoto will be handled in this phalla. (spoiler for the anime)
    Thier MIPs are never actually revealed in the anime. There's also the possibility in the anime that someone's MIP can change if the previous one dies from another HiME getting defeated. I mean, it's theoretically possible that their MIP is each other. It's also possible that Mai's MIP was Takumi or Tate and that got changed as they all died.

It's also interesting that killing a MIP depowers a HiME in this phalla, since that never happened in the show either. :)

vagrant_winds on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait, shit. I have a busy weekend and I'm still apparently writing the next main. Withdraw.

Burnage on
  • SukiSuki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Suki on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    If I was samurai, I would be saying something like "you are now on the cool person's list" :lol:

But then, you're a Mikoto fan, so I might be forced to reconsider that~

I only run the Big Name Players List, not the cool person list. Plus, I've only seen like two episodes for realz so I have no idea who Mikoto is. Talk to Vagrant who wants to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles when he has it in English also. I'm sorry but I hate having to read a show.

samurai6966 on
    edited October 2009
    I only run the Big Name Players List, not the cool person list. Plus, I've only seen like two episodes for realz so I have no idea who Mikoto is. Talk to Vagrant who wants to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles when he has it in English also. I'm sorry but I hate having to read a show.

You're free to borrow it you know.
    And you'd understand when you start hearing a grating, fake, southern accent that severely clashes with a certain character.

vagrant_winds on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ...I should crack open that box set some time.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm curious on how Mai and Mikoto will be handled in this phalla. (spoiler for the anime)
    Thier MIPs are never actually revealed in the anime. There's also the possibility in the anime that someone's MIP can change if the previous one dies from another HiME getting defeated. I mean, it's theoretically possible that their MIP is each other. It's also possible that Mai's MIP was Takumi or Tate and that got changed as they all died.

It's also interesting that killing a MIP depowers a HiME in this phalla, since that never happened in the show either. :)

This is one of those bits where there was no way to directly mirror it in the game. While it's true MIPs could change in the anime, in this Phalla it will not be possible.

Also:
    While a hime never loses their power from the death of a MIP person in the anime, both Ishigami and the Obsidian Lord attempted to depower Hime by killing their MIPs, so I think it's fair to say it's a technique that could work. And it makes for an interesting game mechanic.

Bremen on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, my Saturday will be busy, but other than that I should have time to enjoy these oddball phalla mechanics.

Sign me up!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll sign up

ShadowThomas on
    edited October 2009

And you'd understand when you start hearing a grating, fake, southern accent that severely clashes with a certain character.

Mr. California, stop bitching about the second greatest accent known to man (Russian the first) for any female to have.

samurai6966 on
    edited October 2009

Mr. California, stop bitching about the second greatest accent known to man (Russian the first) for any female to have.
    No, it really is pretty bad, especially when compared to her original Kyoto-ben.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Sign up

That filled up fast.

Saphier on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Slot 24 is !mine
    [tiny]sign up[/tiny]

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    Slot 24 is !mine
    [tiny]sign up[/tiny]

Nope. You get slot 3 because Burnage withdrew and I'm too lazy to relabel everyone.

Bremen on
  • KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    In that case I would be happy to take that last !slot

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reserve up

Darian on
    edited October 2009
    Slots are all full, role PMs and the day 1 narration will be up tonight.

Bremen on
  • KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bremen wrote: »
    Slots are all full, role PMs and the day 1 narration will be up tonight.

Yay!

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
    edited October 2009
    I pity whoever gets mason'd with Samurai.

vagrant_winds on
    edited October 2009
    I'm mason'd with you!

samurai6966 on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm mason'd with you!

He's actually fine outside of the phalla threads.

Darian on
    edited October 2009
    I predict failure once more.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    I'm mason'd with you!

He's actually fine outside of the phalla threads.

Shh. Don't mess up my persona. Its the only way I can see day 2 on this things.

samurai6966 on
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I predict a crazy day 1.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hm, I'm feeling like doing something stupid, someone should stop me.

Zandracon on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So gang up on Zand just to keep him from doing something stupid, right?
    Wait. Zand? Was that a completely legible sentence? Faith in reality, waning... ^_^

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I say we let him do it and see what happens.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

Zandy...

Sweetheart

Are you feeling alright?

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009

The only full sentence you are allowed to say is "I can always get behind a samurai vote!" Otherwise, you are evil.

samurai6966 on
    edited October 2009

The only full sentence you are allowed to say is "I can always get behind a Kime vote!" Otherwise, you are evil.

Fix'd.

Though I've never actually been in a game where Kime IS evil.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009

The only full sentence you are allowed to say is "I can always get behind a Kime vote!" Otherwise, you are evil.

Fix'd.

Though I've never actually been in a game where Kime IS evil.

Kime is evil, even when he is good.

samurai6966 on
    edited October 2009
    stop talking like that.

he's My-kime.

lonelyahava on