As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halloween 2009 - A plethora of MJ costumes predicted

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Best costume I ever had was Marvin the Martian when I was in middle school. No digital photos around that I know of though. My mom made the helmet out of an old horse helmet. I looked pretty much exactly like the cartoon.

If I am lazy I will go as an Israeli soldier with my uniform I picked up when I was there. I wouldn't mind going as someone from Stargate though. I could also just wear my Kendo outfit and be lazy that way too.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Last year I was Rorschach.
    rorschach.jpg

Wearing a Rorschach costume all night sucked. It was hot, and hard to see. So this year, I'm just doing Arthur Dent. A housecoat, a towel, and a book with "don't panic" written in big friendly letters on the front.

I never wear face-covering costumes, they interfere with candy (and/or beer) ingestion. It's like the head's version of wearing overalls you have to go through this whole big production just to pee.

BubbaT on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Last year I was Rorschach.
    rorschach.jpg

Wearing a Rorschach costume all night sucked. It was hot, and hard to see. So this year, I'm just doing Arthur Dent. A housecoat, a towel, and a book with "don't panic" written in big friendly letters on the front.

I never wear face-covering costumes, they interfere with candy (and/or beer) ingestion. It's like the head's version of wearing overalls you have to go through this whole big production just to pee.

Well, Rorschach does pull up his mask to eat beans and whatnot. It is a hassle though; I went as Dr. McNinja one year and I do not have the same skill with the mask that the good doctor has.

KalTorak on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going as Mr. Butlertron this year to a house party... Wesley.

LaOs on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know, I'm beginning to think that there isn't such thing as a knee-length, plain black, non-wool, non-leather, men's trenchcoat in reality. Either that or I am completely unable to describe the black, loose coat that Dream wears while he's sitting at the fountain with Death.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

Heh, awesome.
    Aegis wrote:
    You know, I'm beginning to think that there isn't such thing as a knee-length, plain black, non-wool, non-leather, men's trenchcoat in reality. Either that or I am completely unable to describe the black, loose coat that Dream wears while he's sitting at the fountain with Death.

I haven't read all of Sandman (should really get on that), but I'm assuming you mean the duster he just wears around.

The one at the bottom of this page is pricey, but also looks awesome as hell. That is definitely something you could wear more than just for Halloween. Try Googling duster coat, or something to that effect.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've got a simple Leprechaun costume prepared. Green shirt, black pants and vest, Leprechaun hat, and a box of Lucky Charms.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think I'm going to do the Verizon "Can you hear me now" guy this year.

Kyougu on
  • RadiojockRadiojock Calgary, ABRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

Post some pics after, or it didn't happen.
    Enchanted Sweater-vest and all.

...Wesley.

Radiojock on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aegis wrote:

I haven't read all of Sandman (should really get on that), but I'm assuming you mean the duster he just wears around.

The one at the bottom of this page is pricey, but also looks awesome as hell. That is definitely something you could wear more than just for Halloween. Try Googling duster coat, or something to that effect.

Well his outfit changes, but yea mainly the duster he wears around. Though the link you provided seems to be closest to the material I was trying to aim for. A pity these things are expensive as I was trying for (what I thought) was a relatively easy throw-together costume.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • GreyHunter316GreyHunter316 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Plannin on goin as the Vault Dweller but have no idea what to do about the Pip-Boy, gonna try and make one.
    Anyone know any guides on how to build one?

GreyHunter316 on
  • temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going as Wayne Campbell. I have the hat, and since I cut my hair I just bought a wig. Add a black shirt and some shitty jeans and I'm done. I'm pretty much gonna spend all night getting drunk and doing the whole schwing! thing to every woman that walks past. My girlfriend probably won't mind that.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I'm thinking either Kanye from the VMAs, Spy from TF2, or white sweats with sharpie as a Facebook Wall that people could tag.

TL DR on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Being as broke as I am, I just got a fake mustache and am going to disguise myself like that. I might try to find some shades, too, actually...I can make this work! Aha!

Gorilla Salad on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Being as broke as I am, I just got a fake mustache and am going to disguise myself like that. I might try to find some shades, too, actually...I can make this work! Aha!

Just get a trench coat and you can be the flasher!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Just get a trench coat and you can be the flasher!
    Brilliant!

Gorilla Salad on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I, uh... I don't know if I will finish the full costume in time, but I can go as at least the unmasked version--

locket2.png

Does that look remotely familiar to anyone? :D

phantasm1.png

phantasm2.png

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OK HALLOWEEN IS LIKE
    TWO DAYS AWAY

IT HAS BEGUN FOR ME IN CHARLESTON

to explain- we had a flash zombie mob on CoFC campus (I don't attend, but all my friends do, so I joined in)
    we stormed the library and attacked people before running around chasing people through downtown charleston.

best part is we interrupted a ghost tour

videos are up on facebook but if you don't know them I don't know if you can view em...
    the only picture I have of the event is here and it sucks
    tumblr_ksaymf3Wuu1qaninqo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1256955229&Signature=ycLzOqGUaGY7i51j1IGn6sRKhJ0%3D

the full "costume" I wore can be seen in here
    tumblr_ksb0t8VINm1qaninqo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1256955082&Signature=WY5mYWGmTv5kCdFs7vUzHyaDGHo%3D

there is a party tomorrow as well as saturday night. i shall use the same costume as tonite and decay more at each party to maintain the illusion that we were actually zombies

Arch on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hoookay, going to a party tonight, wearing my cousin's cop costume
    Photo132.jpg

It is so short >_<

But delirium would take too much time to set up for a party like this

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited October 2009
    holy shit hakks

how the hell can't you get someone to jump you?

Arch on
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    holy shit hakks

I'm nutty and I'm going to the REAL halloween party as a character no one has ever heard of?

Hakkekage on
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    holy shit hakks

I'm nutty and I'm going to the REAL halloween party as a character no one has ever heard of?

the only pic i can think of of delirium she is wearing a see-through fishnet top and no bra

so like

no excuses

go for accuracy also

http://agingsnob.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/delirium_sandman.jpg

just url cause of NSFW

Arch on
    edited October 2009
    holy shit hakks

the only pic i can think of of delirium she is wearing a see-through fishnet top and no bra

so like

no excuses

go for accuracy also

just url cause of NSFW
    HAR HAR

I'm wearing a sports bra underneath

Hakkekage on
    edited October 2009
    holy shit hakks

so like

no excuses

go for accuracy also

just url cause of NSFW
    HAR HAR

I'm wearing a sports bra underneath

theres the problem right there DUH

Arch on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Last Halloween I went to a pirate themed party.

I was a Three sword-weilding rouge...
    Zoro3swords.jpg

...until I broke two swords and got lost.

Then i was a seamonster
    soterrible.jpg

It's not cosplay if you do it on halloween right?8-)

NeoToma on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    my costume for this year:
    10126_733001307459_11801114_41368420_2296147_n.jpg

SaraLuna on
    edited October 2009
    my costume for this year:
    10126_733001307459_11801114_41368420_2296147_n.jpg

ahahahaaha holy shit

:^:

Arch on
    edited October 2009
    I am getting more and more excited for my Mr. B costume as I finish more painting details. Hopefully the face makeup turns out. It's going to be fun!

LaOs on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm broke.

So I am still trying to make up my mind.

Donna Reed, with the black cocktail dress and pearl necklace.

Or

The French Maid with the feather duster and apron with a long black skirt, white tank top and black corset. The tank top is because I work at walmart and not sure that they'd be all for my wearing only my corset.

lonelyahava on
  • SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm "going" (I don't have any plans except couples-costumed raquetball so far) as a turtle tamer from Kingdom of Loathing.

Squirrelmob on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I, uh... I don't know if I will finish the full costume in time, but I can go as at least the unmasked version--

I was looking at this and trying.... trying.... trying to figure out whether or not I knew who this was.

You're the chick from Mask of the Phantasm! Jeez, it's been forever since I've seen that movie! The full costume would be seriously sweet, and I hope to see pictures if you did manage to finish it.

Anyway, I decided I can't really go as The Doctor because I left my brown suit at my parents' house. Plus, nobody would have understood the reference in the US. Instead I'm going as a zombie.
    ZombieMe.jpg

I was a bit rushed finishing the makeup, as I had a zombie walk to get to, but I'm going to have a lot more time this Saturday to get ready.

And LaOS, show me some friggin' pictures!

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited October 2009
    It's at my folks house right now, since they've go the room for me to paint it. But, I'm assuming there will be photos from the night (Saturday), so I'll come back with them.

LaOs on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Today I decided I'll be going as Andrew WK, and throughout the duration of the night I'll be encouraging people to party hard.

Should be a good time.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fiziks wrote: »
    Today I decided I'll be going as Andrew WK, and throughout the duration of the night I'll be encouraging people to party hard.

Should be a good time.

Doing the bloody nose too?

I love Andrew WK.

So It Goes on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My friend and I will be doing Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield during OU's halloween extravaganza.

I am too short to be a good Jules but I will try :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    So my dad got me a Star Trek TOS costume.

I don't think he likes me.

I needed to get makeup and blood, even though neither of my parents liked the idea.

expendability_star_trek.jpg

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am trying to go as Gandalf (the Grey) this year.

I am still looking for a suitable beard and wooden staff. We'll see how this turns out.

James on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SilverWind wrote: »

I was looking at this and trying.... trying.... trying to figure out whether or not I knew who this was.

You're the chick from Mask of the Phantasm! Jeez, it's been forever since I've seen that movie! The full costume would be seriously sweet, and I hope to see pictures if you did manage to finish it.

Wow, you got it! <3

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though I'll be finished come Halloween due to the sheer number of hours I've been working recently. That isn't going to stop me working on it though, as I originally planned to have the full costume ready for FanExpo '10... and it looks like I'm ahead of schedule for that. :lol:

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hmm i need a lazy costume idea

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hmm i need a lazy costume idea

Dress like you're going to class.

Modern-day College student costume, complete!

Cokebotle on
    工事中