As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Typewriters

OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
At work I have a USDA form with carbon copies, and the instructions state that everything has to be typed. What are my options? There's no typewriter on the premises, and no one in the company has a typewriter at home. Would print stores like Kinko's have one lying around for commercial use? Should I get the company to buy one off of Ebay? Any help appreciated.

Orogogus on

• Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A dot matrix printer would work. I have a hard time believing they would need you to fill the form out on a typewriter... Are you able to get a digital copy and fill it in with Acrobat or something? What is this form for?

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yeah a dot matrix would do it. i have seen compays that give you carbon copy invoces and they still use them. the one problom tho is they always seem to have paper with printer feed holes.

i take it your paper word dosent have that?

Conroy Bumpas on
    Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
  • Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There is also such a thing as a daisy wheel printer which is basically a electric typewriter without keyboard that connects to a computer. In other words it will look typed.

Also any chance you can do the form by hand?

Posting an ad in a computer market should be bring someone out that has a collection of old hardware that can help.

BlindZenDriver on
    Bones heal, glory is forever.