As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screening after sleep, any ideas?

durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
So, my new computer is up and working like a dream. It's really surprising me with how easily it makes my old machines look like crap. But there's one weird issue: it shuts down with a blue screen the moment after it is woken from sleep.

My build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55m-UD2
Processor: Intel i5
Graphics Card: Radeon 4850
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750 Gb.
Power Supply: Antec TP-750w

Any ideas? It seems to run fine in every other condition.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
durandal4532 on

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    in the public beta I got warnings that there was a problem with sleep mode and my BIOS settings... I never had your BSOD problem, but you may want to start in BIOS to see if there are any potential conflicts happening there

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The two times I've had major BSOD problems just happening at odd times like at sleep, they were related to either the CPU overheating (which is probably unlikely on a new comp) and bad RAM, which is possible, if you have two sticks you can always remove one to test this out at least.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm. The error-report definitely states "hard disk error", and I did have a couple options for sleep mode in the BIOS. I'll flip to Sleep 3, or 1, or whatever.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.