As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wig + Sword + ??? = Costume! (the "Oh shit I don't have a halloween costume" thread)

Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So last year I went to a costume party as Braveheart. Wig, face paint, kilt, big belt, wooden sword. Being a complete tool, I've waited until the last minute to actually check my costume is in order, only to find I actually have:

- Wig
- Sword
- Belt

... but nothing else! The kilt was borrowed, and the facepaint is now all solid and gross. This alone does not a costume make. I've got most of today to run around frantically buying stuff to make it once again a costume, but i'm not convinced i'm going to be able to track down a kilt for cheap in this part of the country (South of England).

Face paint isn't really a problem, but without the kilt i'm not really Braveheart, am I? I can either try to get the rest of the parts together... or go as something else completely. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I could go for generic barbarian, but don't really have the parts for that either. I really don't want to have to go as a tshirt ninja or toilet paper mummy, but I'm all out of ideas! Help me internet!

Mr Ray on

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buy a trench coat and go as the highlander, don't specify which one though.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Buy a trench coat and go as the highlander, don't specify which one though.

Brilliant. I second this idea.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wear a pair of plaid boxers. Close enough.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you go as the Highlander, see if you can somehow rig it to play Queen's "Princes of the Universe" whenever you make an entrance somewhere.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SanderJK wrote: »
    If you go as the Highlander, see if you can somehow rig it to play Queen's "Princes of the Universe" whenever you make an entrance somewhere.

Set it as the ringer on your mobile and have someone phone you. :)

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!