As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Uncharted 2 : Seriously.

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, Im not reading spoilers yet but that knife puzzle...absolutely stunning.

DarkWarrior on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Was going to go to a big Halloween party today but I guess I get pinkeye instead. So I'll probably be shooting some mans tonight and getting my double cash. Hopefully there are more people home for Halloween that want to party up.

You had party plans and got sick too huh :(

Egos on
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I just finished the single-player, and be it blasphemy as it may, I call this game the best game on PS3 to date. It has defeated MGS4 for the throne.

Urian on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Urian wrote: »
    I just finished the single-player, and be it blasphemy as it may, I call this game the best game on PS3 to date. It has defeated MGS4 for the throne.

I'm pretty sure that's not blasphemy at all.

Egos wrote: »
    Was going to go to a big Halloween party today but I guess I get pinkeye instead. So I'll probably be shooting some mans tonight and getting my double cash. Hopefully there are more people home for Halloween that want to party up.

You had party plans and got sick too huh :(

Yeah, and I was looking forward to this party for like a month. I don't really go out much at all (maybe like 3 times per year), and so it sucks that I have to miss it... Oh well, at least Uncharted 2 can't catch pinkeye, so I can play that. :P

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited October 2009

MGS4 to me and a lot of people was always considered the sacred shrine of PS3 the years leading up to and the months since it's release, but UC2 really is mind blowing.

Urian on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

MGS4 to me and a lot of people was always considered the sacred shrine of PS3 the years leading up to and the months since it's release, but UC2 really is mind blowing.

That was me too, and I still hold MGS4 pretty high to me, but I think even a diehard MGS fan has to admit that the series/game has a kind of niche appeal. I really liked the way over the top finale, but at the same time I really value a story that both continues what made the first one good and can stand on its own 100%, and I think Uncharted 2 wins there. So to me they're both pretty equal except that part. Well, that and the fact that Uc2's multiplayer is a bit better, but really that's just because the konami id shit sucked ass. It could have been REALLY great, but just wasn't...

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • SpectreSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I honestly enjoyed Uncharted 1 more than MGS4.

Uncharted 2 is more enjoyable than most games this generation.

Spectre on
    gst+spectre.png
    edited November 2009
    UC2 is also by far the best looking game i've ever played. I would call out individual moments, but really the entire game was just one constant visual orgasm.

Urian on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    UC2 is also by far the best looking game i've ever played. I would call out individual moments, but really the entire game was just one constant visual orgasm.

the train sequence alone like really, just makes everything else looks like a highschool project.

bloodyroarxx on
    edited November 2009
    How am I going to fight a Hello!

DarkWarrior on
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EggyToast & Malechai, sorry about my disconnects last night. I just assumed that connection errors were common in multiplayer games (I rarely play games online), and I had no connection issues with the only other game I played online (Burnout Paradise). Once you guys set me straight that connection errors shouldn't happen every other game, I remembered that I replaced a router between Paradise and Uncharted. My PS3 can download and stream fine, but it was having multiplayer issues. Once I fiddled with the router (moved the PS3 into my DMZ), no more connection issues. If I can get my wife to give up the TV, I'll be on tonight. Need to look into this co-op thing.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. Ugh, this is why I stay away from multiplayer games in the first place: two connection errors later, I'm back to rank 1 and I was penalized all my money. Has anyone else had tons of connection issues with this game? Once per match, my guy just decides to stand still for about 5 seconds. When I regain control, I'm normally dead. Every third or fourth match, I lose my connection and get raped leveling and money wise. Does anyone know what the fuck is going on? I have no issues downloading, streaming, surfing, anything. Playing Uncharted, though, I can't make any progress because my connection penalties.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know off the top of my head where the setting is, but try disabling the feature that searches for media servers. It's a long shot since your problem is multi-player related but I know mine has issues downloading updates and such when that feature is enabled.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I don't know off the top of my head where the setting is, but try disabling the feature that searches for media servers. It's a long shot since your problem is multi-player related but I know mine has issues downloading updates and such when that feature is enabled.

I just disabled media sharing and tried again. First match, 3 of the 5 second freezes, then a disconnect. Another $40K penalty and 5 ranks down (good thing I bottomed out at Rank 1 and $0). There's lots of talk on other forums (gamefaqs, playstation.com) about this... apparently the new patch started this (it's happening to others, not just me). People are suggesting that you try out a alt PSN account before you go ruin your highly ranked account - that's what this has turned into.

What's the point of double cash weekend when you can't keep any of the money anyway?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Man where are you guys, we get double monies! We also are apparently all playing with Halloween skins...

I got your messgae and added you to my friends list Friday night, but the wife wanted to finish the story mode Friday night, and we played until midnight on that. We've (she's hooked as well) been just playing random to take advantage of double-money over the weekend. But we raised our level from 13 to 20 in about 4 hours of playing, so we got that gonig for us...

Hopefully Naughty Dog will continue the tradition of double money and special skins for holiday weekends. Nathan Drake in a pilgram's hat for thanksgiving, or Sully in a Santa suit for Christmas would be sweet.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I got up to chapter 20 this weekend.

UC2 really is on a different level than the first. My god, the graphics and set pieces in this game are just ridiculous. I was really tired when I
    first entered the city and got chased by that truck through the alley
    and I was often losing my ability to separate the 'videogame' from 'reality'. It was like looking through a god damn window! I'd hate to play this game on an SDTV.

I like the stealth kills and reworked melee system. I love the characters. Drake's journal is pretty funny (Victor Sullivan; "Goddamn!"). I won't be able to play/finish it until next weekend, but this is a pretty extraordinary game. Frustration points, in Normal at least, are far reduced from the UC1.

Graviija on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What sensitivity do most of you use? If you've played Halo or Call of Duty, feel free to use that as a reference. I'm just having trouble finding a sweet spot.

In CoD and Halo, i used 3 (Default). But in Uncharted i can't seem to decided between 3,4, and 5. I realize sensitivity is purely a preference thing, but i figured this could push me in the right direction.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I use the default in Halo 3 and the default in Uncharted 2. Both seem fine to me.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The only time sensitivity seems high to me is when I'm blind firing. But what the hey it's blind firing.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Always at max. You can slow it down for precise aim by bringing up the irons.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The only time I needed up up the sensitivity was the final boss, because I was nearly constantly running towards the camera. I haven't tried multiplayer though.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2009
    Finshed. What a ride. I shouldn't have to come to games to get my amazing adventure film fix (im looking at you Indiana) but that was amazing from start to finish. Final boss was a pain in the ass. I was expecting a kind of Last Crusade ending for a moment there but still good.

I am a satisfied bunny.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2009
    So do cheats and/or cash carry over to other difficulties? If I buy one shot kills, infinite ammo, etc will I be able to use them in crushing or no? If not, can I at least take my money there? Also if I start a different difficulty will all the treasures reset or just the ones I havent' found.

And a game has never made me feel so god damn cold.

DarkWarrior on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So do cheats and/or cash carry over to other difficulties? If I buy one shot kills, infinite ammo, etc will I be able to use them in crushing or no? If not, can I at least take my money there? Also if I start a different difficulty will all the treasures reset or just the ones I havent' found.

You can't use -most- tweaks and such on a difficulty until you've beaten it, or a higher one. (Ex: If you beat it on Hard, you can start a normal game and use them, basically.) Your Cash carries over. When you start a new game, it'll ask you if you want to carry over your treasures/medals, so if you pick yes, they will.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

When you start a new game, you can choose to carry over all your treasures, money, and purchases. Once you've beaten the game, you can use any skins you unlock whenever you want, but if you start a difficulty you haven't played yet, you can't use any weapon cheats or some of the tweaks, until you beat it on that difficulty.

l337CrappyJack on
    edited November 2009
    K, thanks guys. There go my dreams of an easy Crushing.

DarkWarrior on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    K, thanks guys. There go my dreams of an easy Crushing.

If you're Trophy-hunting, though, feel free to start a Very Easy game with one-shot kills and infinite ammo, then you can buy and select the various guns to get really easy kill Trophies while you search for treasures.

UnbreakableVow on
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Don't select new game, just use the chapter select. You can carry over cash/stats to a new game but you lose the ability to select chapters, even on lower difficulties, until you beat them again.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh shit. Imagine if we get Pilgrim and Indian skins for Thanksgiving?

Algertman on
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, they didn't really give us any new skins for Halloween. Just restricted us to two dead people ones.

Muddy Water on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

adytum on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had an experience very early in the game (First playthrough) that made me laugh that i wanted to share.

One of the first levels, I had to make a jump, but i pushed too early and missed the cliff edge. As it showed me falling, my characters head struck a rocky outcropping and rag dolled back into a flipping twirl, making a very believable death scene. Just another bit of the whole that made this a sensational game.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    adytum wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »

Who's good and who's evil? Imagine the shitstorm that would cause.

EXACTLY!

Also when they release new content we need more death match modes. Crossbow mode!

Algertman on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to see a multiplayer mode thats all meele. or meele and grenades only, with all the stealth moves available.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited November 2009
    adytum wrote: »

Who's good and who's evil? Imagine the shitstorm that would cause.

EXACTLY!

Also when they release new content we need more death match modes. Crossbow mode!

I consider the fact that the Crossbow, along with the MP40 machine gun, were not included in Multiplayer a sin.

What I would really like to see is competitive modes and weapon modes divorced. A Pistol & Grenades Turf War match would make me a happy man.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My DS3 left analog stick decided to stop working today. This is bad because I need to buy a new controller. This is good because in the meantime I have to play Uncharted 2 on my roommates PS3 which is hooked up to the 51" television in the living room.

adytum on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My review finally got posted. I'll link once the new thread goes up.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, finally finished this last night, tried to space it out as much as possible.

Hands down my favorite game of this generation. Never have I played a game with better setpieces, better line-by-line writing, better voice acting... It really is like a summer blockbuster brought to life.

Loved the unique setting of Tibet, too, that really set it a step above.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

hottoq on
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is there any specific time that a lot of people play or are you guys just not interested in multiplayer?

Muddy Water on
    edited November 2009
    Is there any specific time that a lot of people play or are you guys just not interested in multiplayer?

For me, it's evenings EST (8:00 PM to 11:00 PM). I've been playing at least 30 minutes of Multiplayer every night. The wife sometimes jumps on in the mornings as well. I have yet to see a PAer on when I'm multiplayer though

On an unrelated note, I've gotten like 3 hate e-mails thanks to her playing prowess. She's either really good, or really bad.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I played with a few people on here.

It's fun.

I need a mic cause the other guys had them and I feel like lassie when trying to get my point across via gun fire Morse code.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
This discussion has been closed.