Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting...
"To whom it may concern,
What devilry is this?
I must regretfully inform you that, despite having spent the best part of two decades working upon her, I will not be present to see the maiden voyage of the repaired airship Phallae. That I will miss the fantastical spectacle that is to be her first flight post-renovation causes me the utmost sorrow. But, alas, I cannot bear witness to the grief-stricken vessel of this heart any longer.
I intend to suicide at dawn's light.
The horrors that have forced my hand into such a decision are best left mysterious. I only hope that my early departure from this mortal coil will allow me to take certain secrets with me. They were too frightful to be left within the reach of my peers' hands, or indeed the hands of any.
But let me explicate the purpose of this letter; the upper classes of this city, our fine city of Wangcastle, are to gather upon the Phallae a week hence. Should a throng of individuals with the desire and will to reclaim this city from the pampered lords and ladies sneak aboard, then they just might be able to fulfill their goals. With that aim in mind, I have enclosed my master copy of the Phallae's design documentation, and have instructed my most loyal servant to seek out the Army of Common Men and Women. From what I have heard of the ACMW - mostly via newspapers and telegraphs, I must admit - your goals seem closely aligned with those that I lay down in this note.
I hope that this note has reached the ACMW safely, although I will not be surprised if it does not. Malicious souls ever lurk in the shadows, and my servant is not versed well enough in the defensive arts to adequately protect himself. Nonetheless, you who reads this letter, I beseech you to inhabit the Phallae at the same time as the noblemen and women of this city.
I fear that more than the fate of just Wangcastle depends upon how the events onboard unfold.
I wish you luck, reader, and a happier life than I have had to endure.
High Marquis of Mechanisms and Constructs
This is a phalla for 50 people. The theme is based upon the Steampunk genre
, and this game should be seen as a sequel to my Steampunk mini-phalla.
If you want an idea of what to expect here, it would be well worth reading through that game.
Phalla? What madness produces such a thing?
The forum's version of the party game, Mafia. See here for more details.
General rules apply, including no anonymous contact between players, no direct quoting of role PMs, etc. If you set up an off-site proboard, please PM me the link to it.
Every day you must vote for a player who you suspect to be trying to sabotage the airship Phallae. Please !vote in red
and !retract in lime.
Retractions are not necessary, only your last vote will be counted.
Burnage, you are a fiend without peer. What shenanigans are present?
In addition to voting out suspicious players, the village must also make sure that the Phallae stays airborne. Each night, certain players will be able to damage sections of her; some players will have the option to repair some of that damage. Unfortunate events may occur if the village allows the Phallae to become too badly damaged; there may be roles present that can mitigate these risks.
There will be a form of health system in this game. A normal attack will not
outright kill a player. Instead, they will be wounded
. Wounded players cannot use any abilities - although they can still vote and speak as normal. Luckily for them, however, there are roles that can save a wounded player from death - either returning them to full health, or merely rendering them incapacitated.
Incapacitated players cannot use any abilities they possess, but can vote and talk normally.
If an attack is aimed at an incapacitated player, they will merely become wounded. If an attack is aimed at a wounded player, they will die. If two
attacks are aimed at one player in a single night, they will die. The vote will also inevitably kill a player; consider this confirmation that there are no vote-immune roles in this game.
Every single player in this game will have an ability of some kind. Some of them might be unusual, and some normal abilities might be absent; be warned. Please note that if you have two or more abilities, you may only use one per night.
Exceptions to this are passive abilities; other exceptions will be mentioned to the players concerned.
This is what happens when I change my rules without updating the OP. I'll revise it; wounded players will not bleed to death slowly, only an attack can kill them.
Considering a wounded player dies automatically, I assume the bolded part is something that comes into play with an order of actions thing? Like, a wounded player would have been healed that night, but was attacked first?
If an attack is aimed at an incapacitated player, they will merely become wounded. If an attack is aimed at a wounded player, they will die. If two attacks are aimed at one player in a single night, they will die. The vote will also inevitably kill a player; consider this confirmation that there are no vote-immune roles in this game.
On that note, what is the order of actions, roughly?
The order of actions is:
Democracy -> Manipulative abilities -> Defensive abilities -> Offensive abilities.
Any further clarifications can be asked in private upon receiving your role.
Being unfamiliar with the last Steampunk phalla, are the ACMW the mafia in this game?
Are the colors of the wounded indicative of their role/alignment?
How many times do you have to say "clarification denied" in order to meet the daily quota?
Any rules questions can be asked in orange.
The game day will, on most days, end at 0000 GMT.
The Documentation of Events
Prologue: Deja Vu
Night One: Curiousity and Confoundment
Night Two: An Uneasy Truce
Night Three: Like Clockwork
Night Four: Dark Omens
Night Five: Dearest Of All My Friends
Night Six: The Last Stand
Night Seven: Nicely Done
with a suitable and fitting eloquence.
2. Arivia - Vladimir Lem, Legendary Scoundrel - killed day five
4. Ebfan - Mabuse Rotwang, Researcher in Design and Nobleman - killed day four
6. ShadowThomas - Andrew Royd, Automaton - killed day two
7. TehSloth - Hugo Stiglitz, All-round Bad-ass and member of the ACMW
9. Toxic Toys - John Watson, Detective Nobleman - killed day four
10. Erich Zahn - Persephone Deering, Lover Noblewoman - killed day three
12. kime - Sir Simon Wolf, Master Thief and Scoundrel - killed day three
14. Micro - Clara Aetherstorm, Medicine Woman and member of the ACMW - killed day four
19. Rawkking Goodguy - Allen Osborne, Necrophiliac Nobleman - killed day two
20. Mr. Defecation - Edward von Wangston - Vampire Pilot and Scoundrel - killed day three
21. Jaenther - Michael Deering, Lover Nobleman - killed day three
22. Speed Racer
27. Infidel - Ariel Ziegler, Lionhearted Nobleman - killed day seven
33. WilDPanthA05 - Orpheus Airblitzer, Dream Pilot member of the ACMW - killed day seven
35. simonwolf - Logos Rimandas, Deathwalker and member of the ACMW - killed day one
36. kuhlmeye - Cyrus Berg, Elite Wanguard and Defender of the Phallae - killed day seven
37. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend - Orlando Tempus, Big Boss and member of the ACMW - killed day six
40. dunedainjedi - Narcissus Nyx, Etherealist member of the ACMW possessed by Bythos, demonic presence - killed day seven
43. garroad_ran - Ophelia Radden, Healer Noblewoman possessed by Norea, demonic presence - killed day five
44. That Dave Fella - Alvah Anderson, Planeswalker and member of the ACMW - killed day three
48. Pablo_price - Emmett Nunn, Warrior Monk Nobleman - killed day seven
50. Tiphareth - William Nighy, Wrenchworker Nobleman possessed by Setheus, demonic presence - killed day six