As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Steampunk: Demons Win, Ship Destroyed

BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Critical Failures
Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting...

Untitled-9.jpg

"To whom it may concern,

I must regretfully inform you that, despite having spent the best part of two decades working upon her, I will not be present to see the maiden voyage of the repaired airship Phallae. That I will miss the fantastical spectacle that is to be her first flight post-renovation causes me the utmost sorrow. But, alas, I cannot bear witness to the grief-stricken vessel of this heart any longer.

I intend to suicide at dawn's light.

The horrors that have forced my hand into such a decision are best left mysterious. I only hope that my early departure from this mortal coil will allow me to take certain secrets with me. They were too frightful to be left within the reach of my peers' hands, or indeed the hands of any.

But let me explicate the purpose of this letter; the upper classes of this city, our fine city of Wangcastle, are to gather upon the Phallae a week hence. Should a throng of individuals with the desire and will to reclaim this city from the pampered lords and ladies sneak aboard, then they just might be able to fulfill their goals. With that aim in mind, I have enclosed my master copy of the Phallae's design documentation, and have instructed my most loyal servant to seek out the Army of Common Men and Women. From what I have heard of the ACMW - mostly via newspapers and telegraphs, I must admit - your goals seem closely aligned with those that I lay down in this note.

I hope that this note has reached the ACMW safely, although I will not be surprised if it does not. Malicious souls ever lurk in the shadows, and my servant is not versed well enough in the defensive arts to adequately protect himself. Nonetheless, you who reads this letter, I beseech you to inhabit the Phallae at the same time as the noblemen and women of this city.

I fear that more than the fate of just Wangcastle depends upon how the events onboard unfold.

I wish you luck, reader, and a happier life than I have had to endure.

Sincerely,
Mikhail Popper
High Marquis of Mechanisms and Constructs

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

What devilry is this?
This is a phalla for 50 people. The theme is based upon the Steampunk genre, and this game should be seen as a sequel to my Steampunk mini-phalla. If you want an idea of what to expect here, it would be well worth reading through that game.

Phalla? What madness produces such a thing?
The forum's version of the party game, Mafia. See here for more details. General rules apply, including no anonymous contact between players, no direct quoting of role PMs, etc. If you set up an off-site proboard, please PM me the link to it.

Every day you must vote for a player who you suspect to be trying to sabotage the airship Phallae. Please !vote in red and !retract in lime. Retractions are not necessary, only your last vote will be counted.

Burnage, you are a fiend without peer. What shenanigans are present?

In addition to voting out suspicious players, the village must also make sure that the Phallae stays airborne. Each night, certain players will be able to damage sections of her; some players will have the option to repair some of that damage. Unfortunate events may occur if the village allows the Phallae to become too badly damaged; there may be roles present that can mitigate these risks.

There will be a form of health system in this game. A normal attack will not outright kill a player. Instead, they will be wounded. Wounded players cannot use any abilities - although they can still vote and speak as normal. Luckily for them, however, there are roles that can save a wounded player from death - either returning them to full health, or merely rendering them incapacitated. Incapacitated players cannot use any abilities they possess, but can vote and talk normally.

If an attack is aimed at an incapacitated player, they will merely become wounded. If an attack is aimed at a wounded player, they will die. If two attacks are aimed at one player in a single night, they will die. The vote will also inevitably kill a player; consider this confirmation that there are no vote-immune roles in this game.

Every single player in this game will have an ability of some kind. Some of them might be unusual, and some normal abilities might be absent; be warned. Please note that if you have two or more abilities, you may only use one per night. Exceptions to this are passive abilities; other exceptions will be mentioned to the players concerned.

Clarifications
Burnage wrote: »
kime wrote: »
Burnage wrote:
If an attack is aimed at an incapacitated player, they will merely become wounded. If an attack is aimed at a wounded player, they will die. If two attacks are aimed at one player in a single night, they will die. The vote will also inevitably kill a player; consider this confirmation that there are no vote-immune roles in this game.

Considering a wounded player dies automatically, I assume the bolded part is something that comes into play with an order of actions thing? Like, a wounded player would have been healed that night, but was attacked first?

On that note, what is the order of actions, roughly?

This is what happens when I change my rules without updating the OP. I'll revise it; wounded players will not bleed to death slowly, only an attack can kill them.

The order of actions is:

Democracy -> Manipulative abilities -> Defensive abilities -> Offensive abilities.

Any further clarifications can be asked in private upon receiving your role.
Being unfamiliar with the last Steampunk phalla, are the ACMW the mafia in this game?

Clarification denied.
Are the colors of the wounded indicative of their role/alignment?

No.
shalmelo wrote: »
How many times do you have to say "clarification denied" in order to meet the daily quota?

Clarification denied.

Any rules questions can be asked in orange.

The game day will, on most days, end at 0000 GMT.

The Documentation of Events
Prologue: Deja Vu
Night One: Curiousity and Confoundment
Night Two: An Uneasy Truce
Night Three: Like Clockwork
Night Four: Dark Omens
Night Five: Dearest Of All My Friends
Night Six: The Last Stand
Night Seven: Nicely Done

Player List
1. jdarksun
2. Arivia - Vladimir Lem, Legendary Scoundrel - killed day five
3. Delmain
4. Ebfan - Mabuse Rotwang, Researcher in Design and Nobleman - killed day four
5. Typhus733
6. ShadowThomas - Andrew Royd, Automaton - killed day two
7. TehSloth - Hugo Stiglitz, All-round Bad-ass and member of the ACMW
8. LoserForHireX
9. Toxic Toys - John Watson, Detective Nobleman - killed day four
10. Erich Zahn - Persephone Deering, Lover Noblewoman - killed day three
11. hotran
12. kime - Sir Simon Wolf, Master Thief and Scoundrel - killed day three
13. samurai6966
14. Micro - Clara Aetherstorm, Medicine Woman and member of the ACMW - killed day four
15. 3clipse
16. Dunadan019
17. JustPlainPavek
18. enlightenedbum
19. Rawkking Goodguy - Allen Osborne, Necrophiliac Nobleman - killed day two
20. Mr. Defecation - Edward von Wangston - Vampire Pilot and Scoundrel - killed day three
21. Jaenther - Michael Deering, Lover Nobleman - killed day three
22. Speed Racer
23. FunkyWaltDogg
24. Ringo
25. TheLawinator
26. shalmelo
27. Infidel - Ariel Ziegler, Lionhearted Nobleman - killed day seven
28. Adventfalls
29. Zandracon
30. Daius
31. Darian
32. psolms
33. WilDPanthA05 - Orpheus Airblitzer, Dream Pilot member of the ACMW - killed day seven
34. Varcayn
35. simonwolf - Logos Rimandas, Deathwalker and member of the ACMW - killed day one
36. kuhlmeye - Cyrus Berg, Elite Wanguard and Defender of the Phallae - killed day seven
37. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend - Orlando Tempus, Big Boss and member of the ACMW - killed day six
38. Kay
39. Savant
40. dunedainjedi - Narcissus Nyx, Etherealist member of the ACMW possessed by Bythos, demonic presence - killed day seven
41. Egos
42. FreeAgent
43. garroad_ran - Ophelia Radden, Healer Noblewoman possessed by Norea, demonic presence - killed day five
44. That Dave Fella - Alvah Anderson, Planeswalker and member of the ACMW - killed day three
45. Gnersh
46. Gumpy
47. Warban
48. Pablo_price - Emmett Nunn, Warrior Monk Nobleman - killed day seven
49. Dogbone33
50. Tiphareth - William Nighy, Wrenchworker Nobleman possessed by Setheus, demonic presence - killed day six

Reserves
lonelyahava

Burnage on

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    meeeeeee

edit: also, calling it now, I'm going to be evil and I'm going to get day one'd for the village's safety

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Siggity-Sign for BURNAGE PHALLA

Delmain on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm so in!

Ebfan on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I do say, I whole-heartily sign this charter.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Signing up

I hope this wont be a mirage.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Sign up

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm rather for this

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am ready to take flight

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !I love brass, and worsted wool, and ballgowns, and varnish and fortean inquiry, and absinthe, I really love absinthe. Absinthe is gre*thud*

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    hotranhotran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Most assuredly Signing in

hotran on
    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    After reading such praise from the signup list, can I resist? :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Burnage Phalla! Lets hope I don't get kicked out of another one again.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck, what?! Sign up, please.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote:

Considering a wounded player dies automatically, I assume the bolded part is something that comes into play with an order of actions thing? Like, a wounded player would have been healed that night, but was attacked first?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hoooooo, yes.

!Sign up

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote:

This is what happens when I change my rules without updating the OP. I'll revise it; wounded players will not bleed to death slowly, only an attack can kill them.

The order of actions is:

Democracy -> Manipulative abilities -> Defensive abilities -> Offensive abilities.

Any further clarifications can be asked in private upon receiving your role.

Burnage on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh you dick, running a main when I am running a mini

Booooooooooooo

May or may not sign up

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dear me,

Might I request upon the glorious gathering of the fourth lords in reign that they bestow upon me a sign and conveyance upon which I will alight to the highest reachons of the heavens in order to cordialize myself with the angels themselves before descending once more unto the corrosive retches with my newfound enlightenment from which they will gain new understanding of the glorious sanctimony that is our right to wear top hats and monocles.

pip pip

~Lord Dunadan of Worchestershire

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Every mafia player in this game should have a monocle. That's classy.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I say, it has been ages since I've partaken in a phalla. This looks like a great one to return to. !Sign me up.

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !sign up

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Damn you Burnage. Just when I'm about to be totally in a post-surgery drug fueled haze. I can't keep up with a main and a mini.

Consider me !Reserved up

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh ho!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sign

M.D. on
  • Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I want in

Here's to the probably return of glovefucking.

Jaenther on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

And incredibly bold.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

And incredibly bold.

Predicting a Gumpy avatar change if he decides to join this phalla.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh shit actually, !withdraw sorry.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

And incredibly bold.

If samurai joins he's just going to get killed immediately, anyway.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    3clipse wrote: »

And incredibly bold.

He will also be part of the one of two mafia groups that the village needs to ally themselves with in order to win, with no hint from their role PMs that this should happen or is necessary.

:)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm already in. I just need an avatar when I get unjailed. :P

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Friends, rarely have I seen a group with such vitality and such hope for the future. Having seen the company in which I will find myself over the next few evenings how could any sane man refuse such a kind invitation? Thus I greet you most warmly, heartily and well and, of course, acquiesce to the invitation that has so fortuitously landed in my lap.

Sincerely, kindly and fraternally

Mycroft Gibbons

Micro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Completely coincidentally, today's Questionable Content is apparently relevant to my interests.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Sign up

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    3clipse wrote: »

And incredibly bold.

He will also be part of the one of two mafia groups that the village needs to ally themselves with in order to win, with no hint from their role PMs that this should happen or is necessary.

:)

paavamonocle.png

?

evieavsizemon.jpg

?

infidel-monocle.jpg

Hurm, still not right
    druidman.jpg

Wait a se-
    classygumpy.jpg

Gumpy on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BURNAGE PHALLA

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I was expecting to take at least a few days off from Phalla

Maaaaaan

I Sign Up

And then I threw it on the ground

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Burnage phalla, I must play.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    With the spirit of Gumpy in my heart (for which malady I must certainly consult a practitioner of the cardiometric arts), I will joyously embark on this endeavor.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !glovefucking

My presence in the Steampunk main is pretty much mandated.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png