As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: Shoot zombies on Nov. 24 for consoles and unknown date for PC.

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Rogue_K wrote: »
    Hate them huh? The general consensus seems to be this. How disappointing.

If the projectile actually had some speed to it, it might be worth using to me. I like bullets. They go where I tell them much faster.

I guess...

I'm still kind of sad I have to aim ahead depending on distance from my target when it comes to long range sniping.

some NPCs patrol in really dumb ways :(

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    I like to think of the New Haven chests as the midgame supply system; you run the gauntlet until you've got a suitable loadout and replace the stuff you're been scraping by with, and then you go on with your game.
    Pretty much this.

Also, since I finally moved on, I'm suddenly knee-deep in good shit, and have replaced nearly all of my load-out several times over tonight. Finally found (several) decent level-appropriate shields, an orange x4 corrosive revolver that tears shit up, another pretty good Hyperion SMG and a purple incendiary SMG that absolutely rapes when combined with a Firefly class mod & incendiary artifact.

I killed a Badass Psycho by Phase Shifting. I didn't even have to hit him.

Kivutar on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

If the projectile actually had some speed to it, it might be worth using to me. I like bullets. They go where I tell them much faster.

Now that you mention it. I had picked up an Eridian hand gun around level 20 or so. It shot like a shot gun with all the randomness but without the power. Two weak shots that didn't hit their target then i had to have it recharge. Sold it right away.

I found one like that... except it sent seven "pellets" each shot, and anything that I hit with it died in one shot.

However, I had to also be pretty much point blank... the pellet spread was pretty awful. Edit: This would be a fun Lilith weapon, I think! :D

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have one that does 689 or some permutation of those numbers. If anyone wants it, add me and I'll give it to you. I hate Eridian weapons. Kinetic weapons are just more satisfying.

Hate them huh? The general concensus seems to be this. How disappointing.
    The problem is that our Eridian weapons suck:
    If we got some shit like what the guardians during the last stint of the game got then it'd be completily different. Motherfuckers get laser swords and giant fuck-off beam guns and snaking energy morters that can take down your shield in one fucking hit and incap you in three and home in on you for hundreds of meters. All we get are some sodding slow-ass energy orbs with pisstastic energy reserves.

Sorenson on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Now that you mention it. I had picked up an Eridian hand gun around level 20 or so. It shot like a shot gun with all the randomness but without the power. Two weak shots that didn't hit their target then i had to have it recharge. Sold it right away.

if you level up eridian proficiency it lowers recharge time, get it high enough and they recharge just about as fast you can fire it. But thats a lot of work with guns that just aren't all that great overall (than again I haven't found better than a green one, maybe the oranges are super nice).

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I odn't think there even ARE oranges, every single one I've found is a green and nothing else. I should actually take a look at mine in the goon save game editor and see what fucking around with it does.

Sorenson on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd love an orange version of the eridian shotgun, the slow ass sniper rifle just seemed like utter shit

Robman on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorenson wrote: »
    I have one that does 689 or some permutation of those numbers. If anyone wants it, add me and I'll give it to you. I hate Eridian weapons. Kinetic weapons are just more satisfying.

Hate them huh? The general concensus seems to be this. How disappointing.
    The problem is that our Eridian weapons suck:
    If we got some shit like what the guardians during the last stint of the game got then it'd be completily different. Motherfuckers get laser swords and giant fuck-off beam guns and snaking energy morters that can take down your shield in one fucking hit and incap you in three and home in on you for hundreds of meters. All we get are some sodding slow-ass energy orbs with pisstastic energy reserves.

Fun fact;

Rolands +clip size skill and class mod effect seem to increase the energy reserves of eridian guns.

Morkath on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Foomy wrote: »

if you level up eridian proficiency it lowers recharge time, get it high enough and they recharge just about as fast you can fire it. But thats a lot of work with guns that just aren't all that great overall (than again I haven't found better than a green one, maybe the oranges are super nice).

I found an OMG cannon with 1556 damage rating. Green but still huge damage so it might be worth it down the line. Depends if in Borderlands 2 if you get to keep your characters :p

Psychotic One on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2009
    Here's how shit goes down with my Lilith right now.

I'm a Plaguebearer with this mod:

bl-stuff1.png

I then wreck shit with this pistol. Crimson Lance non-badasses die with one headshot, badasses die in a maximum of four shots.

bl-stuff2.png

Every now and then (and if I run low on revolver ammo) I switch to Mercenary:

bl-stuff3.png

This is the main weapon for that spec. I call it "daddy's lead hose". x2 bullets, awesome accuracy.

bl-stuff4.png

Should I run low on ammo I switch to this beauty that isn't far behind on damage. I go back up to full ammo as soon as there's a lull in the fighting.

bl-stuff5.png

Echo on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    all eridian guns are green however the cannon can do up to 1600 damage it seems.

I personally like the lightning sniper however I am almost positive that all eridian guns make you run slower.

I think I have 7 of them in my inventory right now.

2 snipers 2 cannons and 3 shotguns.

Dunadan019 on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Here's how shit goes down with my Lilith right now.

I'm a Plaguebearer with this mod:

bl-stuff1.png

I then wreck shit with this pistol. Crimson Lance non-badasses die with one headshot, badasses die in a maximum of four shots.

bl-stuff2.png
    Every now and then (and if I run low on revolver ammo) I switch to Mercenary:

bl-stuff3.png

This is the main weapon for that spec. I call it "daddy's lead hose". x2 bullets, awesome accuracy.

bl-stuff4.png

Should I run low on ammo I switch to this beauty that isn't far behind on damage. I go back up to full ammo as soon as there's a lull in the fighting.

bl-stuff5.png

Grandfather nurgle is... pleased

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's official. My bloodwing is a far more efficient killer than I. I just did Treacher's Landing without reloading my shotgun.

They should make the last boss of the game your own bloodwing. Now THAT would be terrifying.

If he doesn't get stuck in a box for thirty seconds, or a support strut, or a ceiling, or a bridge, or pretty much any tiny little obstruction that might exist anywhere.
    Sorry, I hate the bloodwing tremendously and literally never use it. If it weren't such a pain I'd rebind F to be melee attack. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

Dance Commander on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Would anyone like to trade rare guns with me? Among other things, I have an revolvers that regenerates ammo, and another revolver with x4 corrosive damage and the "Give Sick" effect.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's official. My bloodwing is a far more efficient killer than I. I just did Treacher's Landing without reloading my shotgun.

They should make the last boss of the game your own bloodwing. Now THAT would be terrifying.

If he doesn't get stuck in a box for thirty seconds, or a support strut, or a ceiling, or a bridge, or pretty much any tiny little obstruction that might exist anywhere.
    Sorry, I hate the bloodwing tremendously and literally never use it. If it weren't such a pain I'd rebind F to be melee attack. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

Using Bloodwing in a duel isn't even fair.

Brick uses RAGE!
    Mordicai uses Bloodwing
    Bloodwing hits brick with 5000 points of explosive damage
    Mordicai wins!

Psychotic One on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So yeah, now I'm in the mood to try and play Lilith again.

Previous attempts have involved not being able to kill for shit and getting killed all the time.

Any build/gear/fail avoidance advice?

Lawndart on
  • PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

Previous attempts have involved not being able to kill for shit and getting killed all the time.

Phasewalk is used for escaping until you get an artifact. That's when it turns mean. Regarding builds, you really can't do it wrong. Controller is great, so is Elemental. Assassin is a great secondary and maybe even a good primary.

edit: You have to use guerrilla tactics early on, but in the mid game you become a strong front liner and then in the end game you become death incarnate.

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
    edited November 2009
    I want to try a meleeing assassin spec (short cooldown Phasewalk for backstabbing), but I'll wait for the PC patch so Phase Strike actually works.

I hear they need a week to polish the patch.

Echo on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tannis is the most amusing side character so far. The audio logs are goddamned hilarious.

Mechanical on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh hey, new Borderlands thread.
    Pistol:
    Borderlands4.jpg

Gentlemen.
    Reason #2 why I seem to forget I have an AR and Shotgun in my load out. The 2 bullet clip would be an issue if anything short of a Badass Bruiser or named boss guy took more than 2 bullets to kill. I also adore the green acid disintegration death animation, too.

Oh, and check out my sweet "Throw caution to the wind" shield:
    Borderlands5.jpg
    Combined with the health regen from my turret, I only die when I do something spectacularly stupid. Which is more often than one would assume.

I have that pistol on my Lilith as well, cept mine is scoped. So badass.

Oh, and I hate you for having that shield, I want that so bad.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Precursor wrote: »

Phasewalk is used for escaping until you get an artifact. That's when it turns mean. Regarding builds, you really can't do it wrong. Controller is great, so is Elemental. Assassin is a great secondary and maybe even a good primary.

edit: You have to use guerrilla tactics early on, but in the mid game you become a strong front liner and then in the end game you become death incarnate.

If you go Assassin don't get Phase Strike. Even after the fix it's still a waste of points. Just get anything that makes your guns better and a Merc mod and then work on making Phasewalk better.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited November 2009
    I'm a bit disappointed with elemental effects for Lilith, especially on SMGs. I feel that I do way more damage with a non-elemental SMG since its item budget isn't spend on elemental effects and has higher plain physical damage instead.

The elemental dots don't make up for the loss of damage. They could use a buff.

Echo on
    edited November 2009
    Precursor wrote: »

Agreed. I was finding it tough early on, but once you get a good Merc class mod and you have some skill points increasing bullet damage and whatnot, your SMG is insane. If you use a merc class mod and a hyperion SMG you can generally do better damage at range with your SMG than you can with a sniper rifle, even that orange one you get.

Right now I've got a Plaguebearer mod with a 102 damage corrosive SMG with corrosive phasewalk and corrosive grenades. When I enter a zone things just die in pools of green goo where ever I go.

Klatu on
    edited November 2009
    Tannis is the most amusing side character so far. The audio logs are goddamned hilarious.

Scooter is pretty amusing too, but yeah I enjoyed finding all of the tapes from Tannis

Klatu on
  • Captain ActionCaptain Action Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Here's another way to get rid the 2k logo and nivida movies.

Go into your \Gearbox Software\Borderlands\WillowGame\Movies folder
    Rename 2K_logo.bik and NVidia.bik to something else
    Start the game with out the unskippable intros forever more.

Jumpin' Jesus, Why do developers STILL make this simple mistake? The 2nd flaw I've found in this game. (Crashing on Alt-tab? For shame...)

Thankfully there isn't any hour long unskippable boss intro movies that get replayed when you die over and over.

Captain Action on
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I disagree. Elemental damage stacks, so if you're spewing an x4 fire or corrosive gun, the damage adds up fast and does way more damage over time.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
    edited November 2009

I disagree. Elemental damage stacks, so if you're spewing an x4 fire or corrosive gun, the damage adds up fast and does way more damage over time.

Guess I just need to find better elemental weapons, then. But so far my lower-level non-elemental SMG outright kills shit dead in fewer shots than my high-level elemental SMGs need to stack up a dot decently, and that's not accounting for the extra time the dot needs to tick.

Echo on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    .... Huh.

There are 3 levels of Orange. Light Orange, Orange, and Dark Orange.

KiTA on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    .... Huh.

There are 3 levels of Orange. Light Orange, Orange, and Dark Orange.

thats been in the OP for a while.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got some items to give away, contact me through steam:
    ItemCard00004-1.jpg
    I don't know what the red text does, but it fires all 4 rockets at once, which leaves me with no rocket ammo
    ItemCard00005-1.jpg
    ItemCard00006-1.jpg.
    Served me well, but I found one that was identical but for marginally more damage
    ItemCard00007-1.jpg
    It regenerates bullets faster than I can fire them!
    ItemCard00008-1.jpg
    Is really good, but unfortunately I've kind of grown out of it
    ItemCard00001.jpg

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still need to try a Beware the Horde rocket launcher. I was sorely disappointed with the Leviathan and the Roaster.

Seeing a flight of ever-multiplying rockets might make using them fun again.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

And continues doing damage while you turn to another target to get the DOTs rolling, or start phasewalking...

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm a bit disappointed with elemental effects for Lilith, especially on SMGs. I feel that I do way more damage with a non-elemental SMG since its item budget isn't spend on elemental effects and has higher plain physical damage instead.

I'm level 46 right now, with no points in any of the elemental-related skills, and i'm still using this on my second playthrough:

ItemCard00001.jpg

It absolutely demolishes everything. Everything.

Aistan on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Verr wrote: »
    Lilith definitely seems more survivable than Roland at any rate. My friend, who is no slouch, dies semi regularly whereas I pretty much never die if I'm paying attention(as Lilith)

I agree. My friend is mediocre at best, but his Lilith walks through everything, whereas, I consider myself above competent, play Roland, and go down easily. Pride before the fall and all that.

I rarely go down with Roland unless I fuck up a turret placement and once I picked up Stat I pretty much didn't.

I focused on the first tree for Brick and that may be part of the problem. I really think some of it is Beserk gets me into trouble where the turret or phasewalk gets me out of it.

whatever build I do with brick I make sure the first thing I do is get the increased health/shield skills before touching anything else.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still need to try a Beware the Horde rocket launcher. I was sorely disappointed with the Leviathan and the Roaster.

Seeing a flight of ever-multiplying rockets might make using them fun again.

Oddly enough I didn't like the roaster at first, but using it on skags and unarmored humanoids on the second playthrough it does a ridiculous amount of damage. Especially with the metal storm talent on a soldier. I can shoot a ridiculous amount of rockets very accurately that all do tons of fire damage.

ghost_master2000 on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I have a Beware the Horde rocket Launcher, Ares Prophet. Would you like to trade?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited November 2009
    Aistan wrote: »

I'm level 46 right now, with no points in any of the elemental-related skills, and i'm still using this on my second playthrough:

ItemCard00001.jpg

It absolutely demolishes everything. Everything.

You need to farm for the level 40 version of it.

T0240_C_Combustion_Hellfire.png

Klatu on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pardon the lame joke, but hot damn. I gotta get me one of those.

Mechanical on
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, it's one of the best SMGs out there, especially if you're using a firefly class mod.

Klatu on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright corrupt save! Fuck you too Gearbox.

YodaTuna on
This discussion has been closed.