As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

adytum on
  • Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorry about having a vagina, guys.

It's ok, we make up for it in higher salaries and sports.

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked the cliff notes of your H/A Hobo Make-Out post better.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    adytum wrote: »
    Same crazy, new story-
    When we started dating in February I made it explicitly clear that we could not be serious because I was going to the middle east for 3 months starting in July. She originally understood.

Fast forward to July, I'm leaving for New York the next day, where I'm to stay with friends and leave for Israel the next morning. We're staying at her place, going to sleep, and she drops the "L" bomb on me. I'm stunned because we'd talked about this, and don't reply immediately. She spends the rest of the night alternating between walking around her house, fidgeting in bed, and crying. I don't get any sleep.

At the airport waiting for my flight I get screen for extra-super-going-individually-through-every-one-of-your-earthly-possessions El Al security. They take *all* my luggage and tell me to come back in 3 hours. So me and my friend "Aaron" [also flagged for extra-awesome security] start talking to these two girls "Jessica" and "Christina" who were also flagged, and we all end up going to the bar. Aaron, Jessica, Christina and I all end up getting on really well and hang out a lot for the 10 day trip we're on.

Security happens, and the last two people on to the flight were me and a really cool Palestinian guy who says that happens to him every time he goes home to see his family. Me? I just had the audacity to visit a ton of Muslim countries. We got a laugh out of the whole thing.

The first 10 days are all alcohol and partying. The group I was with were all awesome. We broke all the rules of the trip, including disappearing from the hotel to party in West Jerusalem every night. Every night.

I'll interject here that even though I didn't want to make any commitments before leaving, I was still into my ex at this point, and though the opportunity presented itself repeatedly to get some boot-ay, I never indulged. I had no interest in other women. Also, I've been cheated on while overseas (see previous stories).

Ex turns out to be super insecure, and since I can't call her every single day [Note- I called her every opportunity I could get to a computer to use Skype] because I'm in gorram Israel hiking every day and partying every night she's freaking out. Especially when pictures start to filter onto facebook- and in a lot of them Jessica is next to me. Because she wanted me pretty badly. Except I was being true to the ex, and just was not interested. Is it so unusual for a guy to be able to hang out with women and party a lot without slipping his dick into some strange? Jessica wasn't the only girl in the pictures, there were a ton of hotties that I was photographed carrying, being carried by, hiking with, swimming with, drinking and smoking with, etc. It was a good time.

Fast forward again, trip is over, Jessica and Christina go home, but not before Aaron and Christina hook up. This trip has tons of crazy stories, but those are for another time..

Before heading out of Israel (remember, I'm in the Middle East for 3 months) I pick up an Israeli cell phone card for my international phone. They convince me not to go prepaid, and instead to get a plan that's linked to my credit card. This is a horrible idea, and I end up calling my ex both from Israel and from Egypt to the tune of $150 a month in charges. She wanted to hear from me constantly. OUCH.

What didn't help is that while I'm out having fun, she was back at home with no school and no job. See, she graduated from a great school with a bad GPA and an art history degree. Apparently this amped up her insecurity.

End result? She ends up coming to the middle east in the middle of summer for about 2 weeks. This ends poorly: while she was a very attractive girl, she was not in the best shape and had stomach problems. I'm in great physical shape and have an iron stomach. I was sunbathing in the desert in 120 degree weather and drinking 2.5 gallons of water a day and eating whatever I felt like. She had heat exhaustion almost immediately after we left Cairo.

There are also a ton of stories from this time, but they're mostly just funny stuff about us interacting with misogynistic middle east culture, and do not have anything to do with the crazy.

She goes home. I go on messing around in the middle east. I come home in October to no job, no car, and no money. I end up buying a car and getting a job making great money almost immediately. She.. doesn't. The relationship was getting distant because she was so constantly jealous, and she managed to completely drive me away.

Then Christina and Jessica came into town for a weekend, and I went out with them and Aaron and some mutual friends- and I told my ex it was happening so I could be on the up-and-up. Jessica slept at my house (I still lived with my parents then) on our pullout sofa on the first floor. I told my ex all of this.

Talk about a SNAFU. Pictures of the group of us having a good time were posted on facebook. My ex had a complete meltdown because OMGWTFPICTURESWITHOTHERWOMEN, we broke up, I'm pretty sure this was around when she did something (I never found out what, but I assume fucked) one of her ex boyfriends, we sort-of got back together afterwards and the relationship never recovered. The next year was messy.

TL;DR - Girl is insecure, can't get her head around her man going overseas for 3 months and not messing around on her, ends up visiting overseas for 2 weeks, and upon his return to the US, has a complete meltdown because he has female friends. Girl likely fucks her ex, realizes man is a good catch, gets back together with him. Man is too comfortable to say no to the crazy and the relationship ends up being strung out for another year.

You're kinda dumb if you don't know why the girl you were banging was upset that you were in a bunch of pictures with hot girls and doing crazy/drunk stuff halfway around the world.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    But people can search the intertubes!

I've always been a bit baffled by this as well. Unless your circle of friends includes a large number of posters on PA, AND that group has a large number of embarassing secrets, how likely is it that anyone here will piece anything together they shouldn't?

"Jen, Scott and John..." isn't like you're giving last names, middle initials, blood type, home address, current place of employement and their social insurance number.

Unless you're changing the events themselves, I'm sure anyone that could recognize people/places will regardless of referring to them as "J, S and J2", and if things are getting so wound up that names and events are being changed, well it's less a crazy real life story and more of just a story.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Same crazy, new story-
    When we started dating in February I made it explicitly clear that we could not be serious because I was going to the middle east for 3 months starting in July. She originally understood.

Fast forward to July, I'm leaving for New York the next day, where I'm to stay with friends and leave for Israel the next morning. We're staying at her place, going to sleep, and she drops the "L" bomb on me. I'm stunned because we'd talked about this, and don't reply immediately. She spends the rest of the night alternating between walking around her house, fidgeting in bed, and crying. I don't get any sleep.

At the airport waiting for my flight I get screen for extra-super-going-individually-through-every-one-of-your-earthly-possessions El Al security. They take *all* my luggage and tell me to come back in 3 hours. So me and my friend "Aaron" [also flagged for extra-awesome security] start talking to these two girls "Jessica" and "Christina" who were also flagged, and we all end up going to the bar. Aaron, Jessica, Christina and I all end up getting on really well and hang out a lot for the 10 day trip we're on.

Security happens, and the last two people on to the flight were me and a really cool Palestinian guy who says that happens to him every time he goes home to see his family. Me? I just had the audacity to visit a ton of Muslim countries. We got a laugh out of the whole thing.

The first 10 days are all alcohol and partying. The group I was with were all awesome. We broke all the rules of the trip, including disappearing from the hotel to party in West Jerusalem every night. Every night.

I'll interject here that even though I didn't want to make any commitments before leaving, I was still into my ex at this point, and though the opportunity presented itself repeatedly to get some boot-ay, I never indulged. I had no interest in other women. Also, I've been cheated on while overseas (see previous stories).

Ex turns out to be super insecure, and since I can't call her every single day [Note- I called her every opportunity I could get to a computer to use Skype] because I'm in gorram Israel hiking every day and partying every night she's freaking out. Especially when pictures start to filter onto facebook- and in a lot of them Jessica is next to me. Because she wanted me pretty badly. Except I was being true to the ex, and just was not interested. Is it so unusual for a guy to be able to hang out with women and party a lot without slipping his dick into some strange? Jessica wasn't the only girl in the pictures, there were a ton of hotties that I was photographed carrying, being carried by, hiking with, swimming with, drinking and smoking with, etc. It was a good time.

Fast forward again, trip is over, Jessica and Christina go home, but not before Aaron and Christina hook up. This trip has tons of crazy stories, but those are for another time..

Before heading out of Israel (remember, I'm in the Middle East for 3 months) I pick up an Israeli cell phone card for my international phone. They convince me not to go prepaid, and instead to get a plan that's linked to my credit card. This is a horrible idea, and I end up calling my ex both from Israel and from Egypt to the tune of $150 a month in charges. She wanted to hear from me constantly. OUCH.

What didn't help is that while I'm out having fun, she was back at home with no school and no job. See, she graduated from a great school with a bad GPA and an art history degree. Apparently this amped up her insecurity.

End result? She ends up coming to the middle east in the middle of summer for about 2 weeks. This ends poorly: while she was a very attractive girl, she was not in the best shape and had stomach problems. I'm in great physical shape and have an iron stomach. I was sunbathing in the desert in 120 degree weather and drinking 2.5 gallons of water a day and eating whatever I felt like. She had heat exhaustion almost immediately after we left Cairo.

There are also a ton of stories from this time, but they're mostly just funny stuff about us interacting with misogynistic middle east culture, and do not have anything to do with the crazy.

She goes home. I go on messing around in the middle east. I come home in October to no job, no car, and no money. I end up buying a car and getting a job making great money almost immediately. She.. doesn't. The relationship was getting distant because she was so constantly jealous, and she managed to completely drive me away.

Then Christina and Jessica came into town for a weekend, and I went out with them and Aaron and some mutual friends- and I told my ex it was happening so I could be on the up-and-up. Jessica slept at my house (I still lived with my parents then) on our pullout sofa on the first floor. I told my ex all of this.

Talk about a SNAFU. Pictures of the group of us having a good time were posted on facebook. My ex had a complete meltdown because OMGWTFPICTURESWITHOTHERWOMEN, we broke up, I'm pretty sure this was around when she did something (I never found out what, but I assume fucked) one of her ex boyfriends, we sort-of got back together afterwards and the relationship never recovered. The next year was messy.

TL;DR - Girl is insecure, can't get her head around her man going overseas for 3 months and not messing around on her, ends up visiting overseas for 2 weeks, and upon his return to the US, has a complete meltdown because he has female friends. Girl likely fucks her ex, realizes man is a good catch, gets back together with him. Man is too comfortable to say no to the crazy and the relationship ends up being strung out for another year.

You're kinda dumb if you don't know why the girl you were banging was upset that you were in a bunch of pictures with hot girls and doing crazy/drunk stuff halfway around the world.

or, perhaps, one party has trust issues.

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ronzo wrote: »
    Same crazy, new story-

or, perhaps, one party has trust issues.

Well, yes, but that doesn't make him not dumb if he doesn't realize it.

underdonk on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Same crazy, new story-

He knows why she's upset, he also knows it's stupid for her to be.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    And yet how much is there that can be done about it?

If you party, and those people have cameras, and they take your picture (or you just happen to be caught in the camera crossfire), and then post those photos on facebook with the proper tags, peopel will notice.

Short of obsessive compulsively trying to ask that people not take your picture, or that they not tag you, or making sure to de-tag yourself in said pictures... which comes across as more crazy in my head than just saying "Hey hun, wish you were here!" and enjoying yourself while on said 3 [strike]hour[/strike] month tour.

It's not unreasonable to become jealous of the situation, but going batshit crazy and possibly fucking an ex isn't a reasonable method of expressing or coping with that emotion.

Yes, yes, I'm aware that people are rarely rational or reasonable.

Except me.

I'm usually an emotional rock (or dead to the world).

Forar on
  • Options
    edited August 2011

adytum on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    He knows why she's upset, he also knows it's stupid for her to be.

You're describing every relationship ever.

I don't think it's stupid at all to be upset that your SO is out getting drunk every night. Seems like the tip of the iceberg though for the problems in that relationship.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was reminded of a story recently and I thought I would share it. This one doesn't have a funny ending, or a happy one.

This was a few years back when my birthday came to pass. I received cards from friends and family and I expected that my then not yet ex-wife would do something nice for the day. I went to work, did all of my normal stuff. Came home, made dinner and went through a normal night. All of the time expecting my ex to say something or bring out a gift. Just the usual snide comments about my cooking. I won't lie, I was disappointed but being ignored is always better then being hit. Mid-night gets closer and I get a call from my sister wishing me a happy birthday. The ex asks me what the conversation is about and proceeds to flip out when I tell her. She screams about how I should have reminded her, how I was just trying to make her look bad.

I have had enough at this point and I made one of my many attempts to leave. I begin to walk out the door when there is a sudden blossoming pain in the back of my head. Which was followed up with another and then a third. I got pretty dizzy and fell on my ass when I attempted to turn around. My head landed against the wall and left a streak of blood as my body slumped to the ground. My ex snapped out of it at this point and helped me to the ER. Seven stitches later I was home and wobbly. Within an hour or so my ex had me completely convinced that it was all my fault. If I had reminded her that it was my birthday she would have done something. If I hadn't tried hurting her by leaving, I wouldn't have gotten hit. If I was just better, I wouldn't have caused all of this. It's soured me on my birthday since.

As to the fake name discussion, while it is unlikely that someone being discussed would stumble upon the stories accidentally, they might. And while most of the stories are pretty minor, some of us would like to not have contact with the people described. And in some cases we might hurt others. I told a story about a girl who's father was a bit over protective. She has a different view of him. The conflict might give her some truth, and it might cause some pain. Using fake names brings little harm, and using true names brings no benefits. So for now, I will only use fake names.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I have had enough at this point and I made one of my many attempts to leave. I begin to walk out the door when there is a sudden blossoming pain in the back of my head. Which was followed up with another and then a third. I got pretty dizzy and fell on my ass when I attempted to turn around. My head landed against the wall and left a streak of blood as my body slumped to the ground.

Good lord! What did she do? Bludgeon you?

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have had enough at this point and I made one of my many attempts to leave. I begin to walk out the door when there is a sudden blossoming pain in the back of my head. Which was followed up with another and then a third. I got pretty dizzy and fell on my ass when I attempted to turn around. My head landed against the wall and left a streak of blood as my body slumped to the ground.

Yep. Bottom of a snow globe.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Holy fuck, man. There is no sense in any of your story. What the hell was wrong with your ex?

iglidante on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    iglidante wrote: »

Holy fuck, man. There is no sense in any of your story. What the hell was wrong with your ex?

It was an abusive relationship. Standard controlling behavior.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yeah, I gathered. But still...I guess I'm used to the "emotional abuse" side. I haven't heard many stories of people getting bludgeoned with a snow globe by the person who forgot their birthday. Glad you're out of that one, though. Damn.

iglidante on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yeah, I gathered. But still...I guess I'm used to the "emotional abuse" side. I haven't heard many stories of people getting bludgeoned with a snow globe by the person who forgot their birthday. Glad you're out of that one, though. Damn.

Yes, congratulations for being original.

Slider on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Slider wrote: »

Is this one of those instances in which sarcasm isn't translating well to the written word?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've plugged every hole (AIM, Gchat, Facebook) that I can but she is currently stalking me through mutual friends on facebook.

Am I the only one, after reading Slider's horrid story, that read this completely wrong?

Ender on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ender wrote: »
    I've plugged every hole (AIM, Gchat, Facebook) that I can but she is currently stalking me through mutual friends on facebook.

Am I the only one, after reading Slider's horrid story, that read this completely wrong?

I was actually disappointed with the lack of :winky: in the posts that followed.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    edited August 2011

adytum on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I meant the literal lack of the emoticon being used by someone else. Usually anything that could possibly be construed as :winky: worthy is tagged as such within 1-2 posts, thus cementing that we are a hive mind of perv.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

You may have missed the beginning of this thread. Thom has legitimately crazy ex stories.

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Citizen Kane inspires another to violence.
    When will the movie industry learn?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You may have missed the beginning of this thread. Thom has legitimately crazy ex stories.

Indeed. The master has returned.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Indeed. The master has returned.

To be fair, none of my stories reach the heights of bizarre achieved by the incest story or the alien sex cult stories.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ender wrote: »

What I originally wrote was much dirtier upon rereading. I toned it down.

So no, you're not the only one.

Edit- I left the :winky: out because I'm not sure about posting that kind of stuff in the intertubes yet..

Your grammar is good, and you can construct a sentence that others won't struggle to read.

You're light-years ahead of most.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Is this one of those instances in which sarcasm isn't translating well to the written word?

I'd say that no that isn't the case.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

So thats what being a dick is called now.

Gammarah on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No crazyness so far, we were even able to discuss our differences calmly,civilly! It seems than my initial shyness was mostly due to stress because it improved a lot over the past 2 days. I'm still not where i'd like to be, but I did a lot of progress.

My main concern now is keeping my emotions in check. I'm very passionate when it comes to romantic relationships and that can be both a blessing and a curse.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not much of a story, but here goes. Back in high school I developed a crush on this girl, and didn't say anything or act on it in any way since she had a boyfriend. We're friends for a few years, we even work together, and over time I finally get the balls to tell her how I feel. She's genuinely surprised and kind of returns the sentiment, but can't do anything because of aforementioned boyfriend. We decide to stay friends.

Time passes, she goes off to college, I stay for college. We keep in touch occasionally. After a few months, she tells me she's coming home for fall break and that she's broken up with her boyfriend. I jokingly suggest we should get a hotel room for her stay. She agrees. My virgin brain has a meltdown. We do end up getting a room, but she can only spend a few hours there and nothing really serious happens. Still, it's more action in 20 minutes than I had gotten in 20 years.

She goes back to college, we talk a lot more. I really want to have the serious relationship I've been pining for for about 3 years at this point. Suddenly one day, she tells me that something (I still don't know what) happened between her and her ex, and she can't be in a relationship right now. I tell her I'll give her all the time she needs, then she tells me she's met some guy at college who likes her, and she feels the same way about him, so she feels conflicted. Oh, and this had happened long before before she came back and we fooled around.

Ouch.

I say that it's okay, I'll still let her have time to work things out, and that I'd make the time to come see her (she's still in-state). She says thanks and tells me what a sweet and wonderful guy I am, and I spend the night trying not to cry myself to sleep.

The next day I load up facebook, and she's uploaded about 40 photos of both of them going out and listed herself as in a relationship with him.

Ouch.

Green on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Why the hell is she texting me tonight about how much she hates our situation? You broke up with me yesterday, give me some time to stop being bitter so I can talk to you again before you try and connect. I hate that she has become this drama queen in the last couple of weeks. If you want space to get your life together stick to your stupid plan.

again this is nothing compared to 99% percent of the crazy in this thread but I have no other outlet.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tell her to fuck off

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Why the hell is she texting me tonight about how much she hates our situation? You broke up with me yesterday, give me some time to stop being bitter so I can talk to you again before you try and connect. I hate that she has become this drama queen in the last couple of weeks. If you want space to get your life together stick to your stupid plan.

again this is nothing compared to 99% percent of the crazy in this thread but I have no other outlet.
    Sometimes I miss being single. But, then I remember all the drama and I thank god I found me a wife.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Sometimes I miss being single. But, then I remember all the drama and I thank god I found me a wife.

Yes, because wives are so much less trouble.

underdonk on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Using fake names brings little harm, and using true names brings no benefits. So for now, I will only use fake names.

Using fake names is excellent.

Using letters just makes things confusing.

Keep using fake names Thom!

Also, I kind of hope you're running out of crazy (bad, that is) stories.

I know you're not.

But for your sake I quietly hope it anyway.
    To be fair, none of my stories reach the heights of bizarre achieved by the incest story or the alien sex cult stories.

That's what makes them so sad/entertaining; they're down to Earth.

Few of us are ever going to meet someone who has convinced a harem of women that he's an alien and that enlightenment can only be found by paying his bills, doing his chores, and riding him like a pony.

But slightly to massively abusive relationships? I'm sure everyone stumbles onto someone that seems sane at first, and then exhibits the crazy. So it's more relatable.

Forar on
  • Options
    SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have been dating my current girl for over a year now so to have the following come up shows how nuts her ex is.
    She dated the guy more then three years ago and they lived together for some period of time. Anyhow shit went sour after he mistreated her. I never really got the specifics in how and frankly don't care but either way she cant stand the thought of the guy. So even though it has been over three years since they dated and about as long since they had a civil conversation the guy still randomly text her asking her to come over for some lovin'. Including favorable reviews of their previous sex life. Creepy.

Now my girl is incredible level headed. Probably the most reasonable thinking girl I have ever dated so when I came over one night and she is crying it definitely concerns me. Apparently he started texting her one night wanted to apologize for shit from years ago. She tells him to fuck off and she has no interest in talking to him. He responds with shallow remarks that actually upset her. He also says his therapist suggested him talking to her and the therapist is with him now. At 1030 at night, while he is wasted. Yeah right.

Usually I would chalk this up as drama but considering he lives maybe five minutes from her I figure it concerns me. He apparently was also hanging in a regular breakfast joint her and I frequent the other day as well but that could just have been a coincidence.

This same dude also got thrown out of a party we had at my previous place ( this is before I even knew her, he was there with a mutual friend of ours ). I guess he got handsy with one of the girls and my roommate was intelligent about it and just tossed the guy without telling the rest of us guys. God forbid the rest of us knew or we would have gotten handsy with him ourselves. The dude also still frequents frat parties at 32 years old, for a college he dropped out of after one year no less.

SkannerJAT on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I kind of hope you're running out of crazy (bad, that is) stories.

I know you're not.

But for your sake I quietly hope it anyway.

I have a number of others. Here's a slightly less D: one.

Story: In which our Hero is the crazy one.

During my divorce I became involved with a girl. Gabriella was the polar opposite of my ex-wife. She was kind, sweet, gentle and just the right amount of perky. She was also more then a little naive. Over time she heard many of the stories that you guys have, and a few more. The very idea that one person could do something like that to another upset her a great deal. She would pry a story out of me and at the end of it, Gabriella would be shaking with anger while crying.

That combination managed to make it through most of the emotional landmines and all of the other baggage that comes with dating me. One night we're in bed together for the first time and we've been sleeping for a couple of hours when she had to get up. So Gabriella gets up, gets a glass of water and does her thing. When she comes back to bed, she hears me having a nightmare. So she does what any normal person does under the circumstances. Gabriella woke me up and attempted to comfort me.

I wake up and I'm disorientated. Thanks to the nightmare, my mind begins dumping adrenaline into my bloodstream. I've switched into complete fight or flight mode. Poor Gabriella is watching me when all of a sudden I'm springing towards her, my hands going for her neck. She freezes like a deer in the headlights. Before my hands get there I manage to realize what the hell I'm doing and I freeze. A few seconds pass with a deeply awkward silence in the air. And at that moment her brain chooses to react and she shrieks and throws the water from the glass in my face. So I'm sitting there, water dripping from my face and I begin to laugh, one of those deep belly laughs. Which is followed by her giggling.

It became a running joke for her to keep a glass of water by the bed....just in case.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    underdonk wrote: »

Yes, because wives are so much less trouble.

If you find the right one, they are.

Especially if you have a bona fide crazy ex in your past to compare against.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.