As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shine on you crazy diamond : The Pink Floyd thread

• Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Velvet Underground are the superior "get stoned and zone out" band.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Manifest wrote: »

Alright but sometimes you're sober and want to listen to a band that is actually good and then there is Pink Floyd.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    what is up mr. zombie fish? still drinking and running at the same time?

Reginald on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    naporeon wrote: »
    We already have a music thread...
    Do you keep your Metamucil handy, so that you are always ready to shit on new threads, Dru?

Are you hoping for a little tin "Junior Mod" badge, or something?

Do we not already have a music thread? Aren't you exaggerating the truth just a little bit dear? Do I really do this in every thread? Didn't I say I like Floyd? Are you suffereing from low blood sugar? Does that explain your irritability?
    I never said that you did it in every thread. But when you don't like a thread, you seem to shit early and often. And look, there's never a need to mod when you aren't one.

If the thread bothers you, don't shit in it: message an actual mod. Otherwise, stay the fuck out. I find wannabe mods even more annoying than shitty threads.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Alright but sometimes you're sober and want to listen to a band that is actually good and then there is Pink Floyd.

No, the underground are superior then too.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Do you keep your Metamucil handy, so that you are always ready to shit on new threads, Dru?

Do we not already have a music thread? Aren't you exaggerating the truth just a little bit dear? Do I really do this in every thread? Didn't I say I like Floyd? Are you suffereing from low blood sugar? Does that explain your irritability?
    I never said that you did it in every thread. But when you don't like a thread, you seem to shit early and often. And look, there's never a need to mod when you aren't one.

If the thread bothers you, don't shit in it: message an actual mod. Otherwise, stay the fuck out. I find wannabe mods even more annoying than shitty threads.

Sounds like your problem.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    CELINE%20DION%20-%20Let's%20talk%20about%20love%20-%20Front.jpg

Reginald on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Reginald wrote: »
    CELINE%20DION%20-%20Let's%20talk%20about%20love%20-%20Front.jpg

You notice that they've got to hide half her face, and photoshop the hell out of the other half just to make her look human?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

It's my problem that shit's so boring for you that you have to crap on other people's threads and pretend to be a mod?

OK.

That's an interesting perspective.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

It's my problem that shit's so boring for you that you have to crap on other people's threads and pretend to be a mod?

OK.

Now who's pretending to be a mod?

(the answer is me.)

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

OK.

Yep. Definitely looks like your problem.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    jwalk wrote: »
    By the way, which one's Pink?

Pink_Anderson.jpg

This guy.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Well played Rocket. :^:

I really like Pink Floyd but I'm hardly a hardcore fan that can speak with any authority on all their albums so that's why I've mostly stayed out of this thread.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The second solo in comfortably numb is my favorite guitar solo. I don't know why I love it so much, it just feels perfect to me. Its just so concise, there is no need to finger ripping technicality, but something like a favorite guitar solo is probably the highest level of opinion once can ever imagine.

As far as animals goes, Pigs(Three Different Ones) is a fucking spectacular song.

I used to listen to this stuff all the fucking time, in fact, my friend bought all their albums (there were a few I didn't buy). The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon are so ubiquitous because they are the bands best work IMO. I used to think i was uncultured because i thought these two IMMENSELY popular albums were their best, but they sell well for a reason.

I think I listened to Dark Side of the Moon everyday for a good 3 months while studying. Only smoked weed and listened to pink Floyd once, Dark Side of the Moon while looking at the city lights of Seattle, and let me tell you, it was one of the scariest moments of my whole life. So i didn't listen to the album for a good year or so after that, just kind of lost interest.

Have a cigar is my favorite song by Pink Floyd, followed closely by Echoes.

If I ever drive a car in a secret agent movie, I want to sound track it with Lucifer Sam.

Thus ends Akilae729 musing on Pink Floyd

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pink Floyd sucks

That is to say, they are overrated.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oh Scarlet. It's not for you.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I find that pink floyd sounds best when you are between the ages of 13 and 17

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    o.....k

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SupramanSupraman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Akilae729 wrote: »

Seems to fit (16). Though my dad still enjoys the floyd on occasion

Supraman on
    Sellin my comics. PM for huge list and low low prices. this the is craaaaazy supraman suprasale. All TPBs. over 142 trades. Marvel DC Image.
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Can we move in together and love until it hurts?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Supraman wrote: »
    Akilae729 wrote: »

Seems to fit (16). Though my dad still enjoys the floyd on occasion

I think it just looses its THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER feel

I still enjoy it, but it doesn't make my dick as hard

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Callius wrote: »

Can we move in together and love until it hurts?

I'll DJ your stoned love making session, and quietly jerk off in the corner

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    KrayzieKrayzie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I find that most people are very angry that Pink Floyd is popular. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's like people need to prove that they suck and nobody should listen to them.

I think Floyd is a great band. Wish You Were Here is my favorite album by far.

Krayzie on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Krayzie wrote: »
    I find that most people are very angry that Pink Floyd is popular. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's like people need to prove that they suck and nobody should listen to them.

Dude
    Shut up
    You're gonna summon Defender

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    Krayzie wrote: »

Dude
    Shut up
    You're gonna summon Defender

Music snob time?

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man who are you people? Do you even know how to summon Defender?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »

I direct you to my location
    <

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Once I sat my dad down and made him listen to some NIN

He seemed to think that were Pink Floyd around today, they might be making stuff like the Fragile

I think this is a pretty good opinion

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    Quetzi wrote: »

I direct you to my location
    <

:|

Straightzi on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i hate it when i fall asleep to pink floyd and time starts playing at it wakes me up

potatoe on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    ho ho
    the hate only feeds my love

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My roommate was listening to a techno version of "Another Brick in the Wall".

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    i hate it when i fall asleep to pink floyd and time starts playing at it wakes me up

Oh god yes.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    i had a big collection of remixes of a bunch of pink floyd albums and some of them were actually pretty good but now they are all gone because of harddrive suicide

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    potatoe wrote: »

Oh god yes.

i mean, i wasn't even asleep like 20 miuntes ago but i was just spacing out and then "goddamnit stop the ringing"

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I one set it as my alarm on my CD alarm clock
    that was a bad idea

BusterK on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Over Christmas break some asshole broke into my car and aced my little cd booklet

amongst the lost cds were:

First print of Dark Side of the Moon
    Meddle
    Animals
    The Wall Disc 2
    Atom Heart Mother
    Relics
    and Disc 2 of the Echoes Greatest Hits Album

fuck you guy, i had a lot of awesome music in that case, i hope you fucking enjoy it you piece of shit.

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He probably will. I'm sorry but you shouldn't have left valuables in your car.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    He probably will. I'm sorry but you shouldn't have left valuables in your car.

it was after a three hour drive from oklahoma city to dallas, after my classes and work day, i got there at about 1 am and i was beat and i forgot to bring the case inside

man did i ever pay for it.

tugga on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That sucks man. The one time you leave it in there and *bam*. Sorry man.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg