As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Steampunk: Demons Win, Ship Destroyed

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would be totally voting for 3clipse now if I could. Deleting ones posts is a big mafia newb mistake.

On a list its like number 1.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    warban wrote: »
    I would be totally voting for 3clipse now if I could. Deleting ones posts is a big mafia newb mistake.

Why can't you?
    OP wrote:
    Wounded players cannot use any abilities - although they can still vote and speak as normal.

You've been role-blocked permanently, and you are one hit from dying. That's all.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hrm. *adjusts monocle* From what I am able to discern, we are faced with a trio of common anarchists aboard this fair Phallae. The twin bombing of the main engine leads me somewhat bepuzzled as to whether their mayhem is coordinated or merely chance opportunism - if the latter, Infidel's logic as to the guilt of 3clipse, impeccable as it currently appears, might be a little less assured, as it would imply a greater level of coordination between these rogues than we can be sure of at this moment. Whatever the case one hopes the ship's crew will not allow the damage to go unrepaired! As to the, er, jewel thief, she appears to be of a far more determined and deadly mode.

Too early for me to cast a vote yet, but will be curious to see if this bandwagon persists or is turned aside somehow.

JustPlainPavek on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

My only concern is that we might be able to chalk it all up to just straight newb and not net a mafia.

Although he advocates just sheeping along so it's not a huge loss. :P This could be a good lesson in phalla guidelines apparently. :lol:

Don't let this current wagon stop people from also analyzing, kthx. I'm not sure if I want to derail it or leave it and see just to be safe now.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bepuzzled

One of my new favorite words.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited November 2009
    Hrm. *adjusts monocle* From what I am able to discern, we are faced with a trio of common anarchists aboard this fair Phallae. The twin bombing of the main engine leads me somewhat bepuzzled as to whether their mayhem is coordinated or merely chance opportunism - if the latter, Infidel's logic as to the guilt of 3clipse, impeccable as it currently appears, might be a little less assured, as it would imply a greater level of coordination between these rogues than we can be sure of at this moment. Whatever the case one hopes the ship's crew will not allow the damage to go unrepaired! As to the, er, jewel thief, she appears to be of a far more determined and deadly mode.

Too early for me to cast a vote yet, but will be curious to see if this bandwagon persists or is turned aside somehow.

In the previous Steampunk mini, the mafia had two bombs to target, and we can/did stack them on occasion.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    kime wrote: »

Why can't you?
    OP wrote:
    Wounded players cannot use any abilities - although they can still vote and speak as normal.

You've been role-blocked permanently, and you are one hit from dying. That's all.

Ahh I can vote then. I assumed being wounded was more powerful than that.

3clipse

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

In the previous Steampunk mini, the mafia had two bombs to target, and we can/did stack them on occasion.

"Can"

Present tense!?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    kime wrote: »

"Can"

Present tense!?

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's going to be a Looooooooooooooong nawght.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I estimate 215 more pages by tomorrow.

Gnersh on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have to ask, is the nut-stealing player the village vig?

samurai6966 on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

my first reaction: SAMURAI

my second reaction: what

my third reaction BURN PHALLA 8-)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2009

This totally deserves a clarification denied with a :lol:

And yes kime, my tense is presently (hard).

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009

I somehow doubt it.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited November 2009
    BURNage PhAllas are fucked DOWN.

adventfalls on
    edited November 2009

Perhaps, but it seems less likely here — I note that the two bombs in the main engine did the same amount of damage as the one on the starboard wing; if these rogues were truly coordinating their actions, it makes little sense to concentrate explosives to no extra effect?

JustPlainPavek on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Clarification denied.

Burnage on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Perhaps, but it seems less likely here — I note that the two bombs in the main engine did the same amount of damage as the one on the starboard wing; if these rogues were truly coordinating their actions, it makes little sense to concentrate explosives to no extra effect?

Actually, I believe it did twice as much, just isn't labeled the same way the repairing is, it looks like the engine is down 16 points of damage

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited November 2009

The starboard wing had already taken damage. The bombs are doing 8 damage a piece, and there were two on the main engine for 16 damage total.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

Clarification denied.

Nuts...

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, 3clipse. I thought you were a brigand yesterday, yet your Chain Gun Lincoln picture made me smile a bit. However, I still do find you suspicious, and the events so far today have only fed this suspicion.

!3clipse

Ebfan on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There was a minor error in the narration last night. 16 damage was taken by the main engine. It has been changed now, and rest assured that the urchin performing these calculations manually has had his head smacked and pay docked.

Burnage on
    edited November 2009
    There was a minor error in the narration last night. 16 damage was taken by the main engine. It has been changed now, and rest assured that the urchin performing these calculations manually has had his head smacked and pay docked.

Ah, forget my theory then. Good help and all that.

JustPlainPavek on
    edited November 2009

Clarification denied.

Nuts...

*twitch*

I hate you

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !3clipse, only filthy beggars delete their posts.

Edith Upwards on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to be sad if deleting a post causes me to get killed.

I only deleted it because it was useless.

I DID IT FOR YOU, YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited November 2009
    3clipse wrote: »

Thanks Sora.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    If I choose to vote for you, it won't be because of that.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Infidel, because he's clearly a member of the mafia. Why else would he be concerned that so many people voted out simonwolf, who was a confirmed member of the mafia?[

D: o_O

3clipse

Egos on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It makes perfect sense for them to use two bombs on the engine and one on a damaged part. They knew that there had to be mechanics and that those mechanics would focus on the wings.

So they did the most damage to a vital part of the ship while still attacking an already damaged part to slow repairs.

Now they know the engineers will focus on the engine while they can double bomb another part and continue to damage one of the wings. Leaving the mechanics to a slowly losing repair battle.

M.D. on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Arivia wrote: »

Thanks Sora.

Oh man. I loved KH2, but it was so emo half the time.

EDIT@Egos: Really, you don't see the logic there? He sees voting out simonwolf as suspicious. Simonwolf was confirmed to be part of the mafia. Therefore, he sees voting out someone who was part of the mafia as suspicious.

By that logic, he doesn't want the mafia to be voted out, therefore, he's part of the mafia.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited November 2009
    Emos. Bah.

I don't feel so HAWt.

adventfalls on
    edited November 2009

Thanks Sora.

So is Arivia calling you emo or making a connection to Kingdom Hearts because the term HEARTLESS was used?

Egos on
    edited November 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Thanks Sora.

So is Arivia calling you emo or making a connection to Kingdom Hearts because the term HEARTLESS was used?

Just the connection. I've never played the games.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote:
    !3clipse, only filthy beggars delete their posts.

I read beggars as badgers. I do say, I had quite the laugh over it.

Badgers. Hah. There's only one kind of decent badger, I do say.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    I read beggars as badgers. I do say, I had quite the laugh over it.

Badgers. Hah. There's only one kind of decent badger, I do say.

My childhood.<3

3cl1ps3 on
  • GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Now I don't think I can say this without sounding really suspicious.
    But I remember back in my first Phalla I was almost voted off day one because I deleted a post. It really could be just a noob mistake.
    I don't know if anyone remembers that mistake. It was way back in Phallakinetic.

Gnersh on
    edited November 2009

Thanks Sora.

EDIT@Egos: Really, you don't see the logic there? He sees voting out simonwolf as suspicious. Simonwolf was confirmed to be part of the mafia. Therefore, he sees voting out someone who was part of the mafia as suspicious.

By that logic, he doesn't want the mafia to be voted out, therefore, he's part of the mafia.

I'll excuse this because you're a newb.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009

Its more that he wasn't confirmed as mafia when the bw was on him. Unless I missed something drastic.

Like Infidel was saying its a common tactic, when its clear that a member is going down (no chance of survival) , to jump on a bw of one of their own. The logic being that it may help them avoid suspicion later on.

Egos on