As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Steampunk: Demons Win, Ship Destroyed

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    ahava ALWAYS votes for Toxic on day one, and so do I. Duh.

EDIT: Hell, I even referenced it was a joke like four posts later. :P

The point was more why she voted Infidel in the first place.

I'm pretty sure she didn't realize that Toxic was playing at first.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She didn't read the player list and until Toxic showed up in thread didn't know he was here?

Simple answers to simple questions!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah she is a reserve..that is a bit more understandable... my bad that I missed that she didn't know he was playing.

Egos on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Regardless, Ahava's been replaced, but I suppose we could still look at her Day 1 actions and compare them to her replacement.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Regardless, Ahava's been replaced, but I suppose we could still look at her Day 1 actions and compare them to her replacement.

The lack of scientific basis in this idea makes me weep.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited November 2009
    so since I'm kinda erasing the ahava bit, for me its
    hotran- newbie who throws in decisive vote despite having reason
    Samurai- joins bw late and didn't have Law as a buddy.

Sidenote: It wouldn't surprise me if this post got Savant on the baddie hit list..That is if they have a list of targets.

Egos on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If I had to choose two people to be suspect of, it would be enlightened and samurai. Enlightened for his (what struck me as odd) enthusiasm to get rid of Toxic. Samurai...just because hes samurai..basically and the jumping on board quickly.

edit: Also Samurai has the tenuous connection of being voted by Law.... A connection is still a connection...even if not necessarily indicative.

I did wait a bit to see where the wagon was going. Also, I was playing Uncharted 2 and it's hard to read forums and headshoot Russians at the same time.

samurai6966 on
    edited November 2009
    Understandable its very addicting. I'm just trying to find any available connections.

Egos on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    so since I'm kinda erasing the ahava bit, for me its
    hotran- newbie who throws in decisive vote despite having reason
    Samurai- joins bw late and didn't have Law as a buddy.

Sidenote: It wouldn't surprise me if this post got Savant on the baddie hit list..That is if they have a list of targets.

no. savant is a very smart player, capable of making excellent deductions from available data.

and shalmelo: is it 'well-known'? thats good then i guess... the key is to look at whoever i say is trustworthy, they are probably mafia. anyone i say is mafia is probably vanilla or a village special. kime can attest to its effectiveness.

psolms on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just relised something. Simonwolf was...

Logos Rimandas, Deathwalker and member of the ACMW - killed day one

What the hell is a deathwalker. I expect it was hes personal power. Does that mean we have players who can talk to the dead?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Right then, here's my tuppence

I'm not convinced that the ACMW are the 'mafia'. The only thing we have to make us think that they are bad is some fluff in the prologue from a 'firm man with a quivering moustache'.

What if we just have two factions, one a bunch of commoners, one the aristocracy, who some other group are trying to turn against each other? This other group are the ones that are trying to take down the ship? Perhaps the game goes more like this:

1) We need to take down the baddies who are trying to take down the ship
    2) If we're ACMW, or aristocracy, when the game is over, great if we outnumber the other, but the important thing is to save the ship

Think of it like WW2. The West weren't really fans of Russia, but were willing to work with them to get rid of the Nazis. Once the Nazis were defeated it was an almighty free for all and everyone was back at eachother's throats.

I really think this is more than 'the village are the aristocracy and the mafia are ACMW'.

This is a big, main, phalla. It is also a Burnage phalla. This means things are not as they seem!!

Micro on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WOAH NELLY

Why was I, to put a fine and sophisticated point, tentacle raped last night

Who here has tentacles

I will fight you

Gumpy on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yes Micro, but you keep quiet about it and watch for those who work really hard to perpetuate the myth that this is just a village vs mafia game and then vote them out and expose such treachery for all to see.

Now we have to suffer through protestations that class warfare is the only true route to victory while our sinister foes gleefully destroy this ship.

What do you think happens, gentlemen, when this ship is damaged beyond repair?

One of two things. Either we crash and die or we drift at the mercy of the fickle winds. And with the strange weather we have had lately, I am not so certain that that is the preferable choice.

Any man who knowingly damages this vessel puts every man aboard at risk.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited November 2009
    Ok so I have been (by hand) data mining the posts in this thread. Lists are mostly complete but a few names might not really fall into the groups below.

Why I choose to group banter and votes and also check who was late to the party was because I expect some evils will be trying to hide under the radar at this point. Exactly how this info can be interpreted though would be up for debate.

Early banter no vote
    4. Ebfan
    7. TehSloth
    12. kime
    17. JustPlainPavek
    22. Speed Racer
    25. TheLawinator
    28. Adventfalls
    31. oaklore
    50. Fatal3rror

early votes no banter
    8. LoserForHireX
    9. Toxic Toys
    14. Micro
    19. Rawkking Goodguy
    26. shalmelo
    29. Zandracon
    33. WilDPanthA05
    34. Varcayn
    39. Savant
    45. Gnersh
    48. Pablo_price
    49. Dogbone33/ Lonely

early Votes and banter
    2. Arivia
    10. Erich Zahn
    15. 3clipse
    18. enlightenedbum
    24. Ringo
    27. Infidel
    35. simonwolf -
    47. Warban

Late votes and banter
    1. jdarksun
    3. Delmain
    6. ShadowThomas
    11. hotran
    13. samurai6966
    20. Mr. Defecation
    23. FunkyWaltDogg
    30. Daius
    44. That Dave Fella
    46. Gumpy

Some of the names in group two are really trying to fly under the radar. I would recommend that the village Focus on these targets if they don't really have anything else to go with.

Without knowning if simonwolf really was evil or if he was just one of several evils means you could interp this data with who voted for what as well.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Banter is such a lower class term Warban.

We were conversing.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Daius wrote: »

We were conversing.

I am conversing real-hardcore-like with your spleen.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2009

We were conversing.

I see nothing wrong with banter. For my spreadsheet though. Grouping general conversation under banter was a distinguishable word.

Other post flags were.

Pointless Makes small talk or just posts something minor
    Banter Quotes another player, Making small talk or something minor
    Advice Gives another player game or vote advice
    Vote talk Talks about vote theories, attempts to offer discussion
    Attack Brings another player into question on view or vote pattern
    Ride Player doesn't add much but joins the largest vote train
    Taunt Player taunts another player or faction or mafia.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am apparantly a non person according to warban

Dunadan019 on
    edited November 2009
    warban wrote: »

We were conversing.

I see nothing wrong with banter. For my spreadsheet though. Grouping general conversation under banter was a distinguishable word.

Other post flags were.

Pointless Makes small talk or just posts something minor
    Banter Quotes another player, Making small talk or something minor
    Advice Gives another player game or vote advice
    Vote talk Talks about vote theories, attempts to offer discussion
    Attack Brings another player into question on view or vote pattern
    Ride Player doesn't add much but joins the largest vote train
    Taunt Player taunts another player or faction or mafia.

No wonder people call RPGs math, I feel like I should have just gained a press turn.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2009
    You forgot Insane, warban.

People who go against normal thought and play like it's their last day.

samurai6966 on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Everyday is your last day

You think you're secure and your probably wasting plenty of deadly opportunities

Gumpy on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I take it you have some experience with this, my good man.

Ebfan on
    edited November 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Everyday is your last day

You think you're secure and your probably wasting plenty of deadly opportunities

No, I know phalla. I hold my breath from "Votes Close" to "Tonight's Deaths." I skip the narrations and jump right to the deaths then I back track.

samurai6966 on
    edited November 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »

I take it you have some experience with this, my good man.

You could say that. OB/GYNs deal with the raging hormones every now and then. :winky:

samurai6966 on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As much as it pains me to agree with Psolms even in this, I think there is some evidence that the ACMW, while of questionable loyalties, is not the sole aggressor we must fear. Why, just look at the horrible trauma suffered by Gumpy and Loser. I don't know that I'd rather not drown than be assaulted so. I'm going to vote for samurai, as I think that regardless of his allegiance, it may be for the good mental health of us all.

Jaenther on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What is to say gumpy or loser wasn't assualted by a vig?

M.D. on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MMmmmMM, yeS.

Who knew that the BARS OF STEEL were fancy? Did a doctor check those eyes?

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A ball-stealing or tentacle-raping vig? (and the tentacle-raping doesn't even count as a wound, probably not a vig)

Jaenther on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well it is a burnage phalla

M.D. on
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is kind of a creepy game. What with the ball stealing and tentacle rapings. 3clipse should be happy to escape this madness.

ShadowThomas on
  • hotranhotran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I say, tentacle-raping? Poor form...

Also, I realize the bandwagoning may have been poor form as well. Forgive my novice-hood, and inability to discern the preferred first-day voting procedures.

hotran on
    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I feel like these days the mafias I have seen recently have moved beyond the "kill the spreadsheeter on Day 1" strategy and have instead moved towards the strategy of leaving the spreadsheeter alive so that when he is still alive as the game goes on people think he's mafia because obviously the mafia would want to kill the spreadsheeter.

Ebfan on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Didn't you get the memo? The new rule is to kill the spreadsheeter on day 4.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Right then, here's my tuppence:

I really think this is more than 'the village are the aristocracy and the mafia are ACMW'.

I think this hits the nail right on the head. There's no way that there are only two main super groups working here. The narrations have already referenced three with the aristocracy, commoner class, and ACMW.

A safe assumption would be that all three have outlast and outnumber conditions in order to win (or at least as an objective, baddies assumingly also having make the ship go kaboom); so we need to figure out which group, if it's even any of them that are listed, wants to bring down our fine craft.

That being said, hopefully we do learn something from a death conviction of 3clipse to get us started on the correct path ... or at least maybe the narration tonight will get us a bit closer to figuring out faction nonsense.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Looking over the day one votes, there was a nice string of Ebfan votes. That last person on that wagon, 3clipse

What does that tell us? Nothing really.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Right then, here's my tuppence:

I think this hits the nail right on the head. There's no way that there are only two main super groups working here. The narrations have already referenced three with the aristocracy, commoner class, and ACMW.

A safe assumption would be that all three have outlast and outnumber conditions in order to win (or at least as an objective, baddies assumingly also having make the ship go kaboom); so we need to figure out which group, if it's even any of them that are listed, wants to bring down our fine craft.

That being said, hopefully we do learn something from a death conviction of 3clipse to get us started on the correct path ... or at least maybe the narration tonight will get us a bit closer to figuring out faction nonsense.

Well, just to clear things up, I'm fairly certain commoner class and ACMW are one in the same.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited November 2009
    92% on my midterm, yaaaaay

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Place holder for !3clipse (as it can't really do any harm). This will almost certainly change.

Micro on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, it's still a tough call. I figure that I better get at least a bit of a vote in so that I'm not "flying under the radar" and get my jewel-less self killed for reals.

3clipse really seems like the only vote worth casting. He's got rather a lead thus far, and unless there's really a solid other candidate put forward (tough thing to do after only one day) I feel like we will get information.

As for this notion that the ACMW isn't mafia, couldn't there be more than one mafia group? I mean, that would be pretty main-worthy right?

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I'm unaware if I've voted.

But Duny insulted me.

Is this a vote for Dunadan019 or dunedainjedi?

Dunadan019 = Duny
    dunedainjedi = dune

Catch up!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile