As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    In your defense, you enabled an alcoholic. Remind me not to ask for your help if I try and stage an intervention.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    aaronsedge wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »
    Funny thing that... when my ex broke up with me earlier this year (like January), I was hurt, and a little angry, sad, whathaveyou. Then a few months later, I get a call. She's hit a rough patch (REALLY rough, as in enough to relapse back to alcohol after 10+ years in AA) and she called me up to bring her some more booze. At first I'm not willing to do that, but I decided that it would be better if I went up there with my stash then her driving to a store to get more so I head over to her place.

D:
    vgcats_lol.png

Yeah... I was actually thinking about what would happen to her kids if she got into an accident or got pulled over or something. And yes, she did relapse, but she hasn't gone back to the bottle since that night.

I'm a life changer, I tell ya.

You, probably, should have gone over and hung out without the goddamned booze! if you really wanted to help her from getting into trouble with the bottle again. Or, ya know, not enabled an alcoholic and taken advantage of her.

LaOs on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    Funny thing that... when my ex broke up with me earlier this year (like January), I was hurt, and a little angry, sad, whathaveyou. Then a few months later, I get a call. She's hit a rough patch (REALLY rough, as in enough to relapse back to alcohol after 10+ years in AA) and she called me up to bring her some more booze. At first I'm not willing to do that, but I decided that it would be better if I went up there with my stash then her driving to a store to get more so I head over to her place.

D:
    vgcats_lol.png

Yeah... I was actually thinking about what would happen to her kids if she got into an accident or got pulled over or something. And yes, she did relapse, but she hasn't gone back to the bottle since that night.

You, probably, should have gone over and hung out without the goddamned booze! if you really wanted to help her from getting into trouble with the bottle again. Or, ya know, not enabled an alcoholic and taken advantage of her.

I neglected to mention this, looking over my post, but she was already drunk when she called me.
    Hence the "more booze" request. She had already had several.

But let's move on from this because it's in the past, we both learned from it and she wasn't that crazy.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I neglected to mention this, looking over my post, but she was already drunk when she called me.

Well then you can be forgiven for willfully and knowingly introducing more alcohol into her system. We're sorry, Nocren! All is forgiven!
    o_O

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

D:
    vgcats_lol.png

But let's move on from this because it's in the past, we both learned from it and she wasn't that crazy.

You took the wrong lesson from it.

Falx on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Well then you can be forgiven for willfully and knowingly introducing more alcohol into her system. We're sorry, Nocren! All is forgiven!
    o_O

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's still bad to give booze to a person who has intense issues with booze no matter the circumstance. Like, unless she was infected by a parasitic alien that was going to burst out of her unless you killed it with alcohol. Getting an alcoholic plastered and then fucking her is one of the lower things to do.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • AngusAngus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When I was a senior in high school, I asked out this girl I liked to prom, and she said yes.

Two weeks later, I find out that she is Mormon. I think to myself, "okay that's different, but at least she said she'd go with me, so it must not be a big deal."

Prom night comes, I take her out to a VERY nice (expensive) restaurant and blow $250 on dinner. Oh yeah, and there was a limosine involved.

So we get to the prom, and she refuses to DANCE with me because she is Mormon, and I am not. Instead, she hangs out with some of her other, Mormon friends the rest of the night.

I swear to you, that was the most uncomfortable car ride home later that night. We sat on opposite ends of the limosine.

The End

Angus on
  • SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When it comes to religion, the weirdest behavior can occur concerning relationships. One of my best friends went to a, primarily, Mormon college. Beautiful town with great people. I would often escape up there and spend weekends with my buddy and his friends when I needed a break from the fast life.

The majority of these folks were just great people, best people I ever met. The girls would often take a shining to me only to be put off by 1.) I am not Mormon and 2.) I was not a virgin.

You know, that's fine, but it is extremely confusing to have someone show incredible interest in you only to immediately be turned off by facets that obviously don't play a roll in my overall personality. Now this goes for most anyone with a particular belief, whether its political, religious, or just plain old lifestyle.

SkannerJAT on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Er, what do you mean "don't play a roll in my overall personality"

You are obviously a manwhore.
    Also, you beat kids with their own swing sets.

Choosing partners based on bullshit issues are one of my pet peeves btw.

Movitz on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    GungHo wrote: »
    who he's currently fucking
    -A 16 year old girl. On a dock. By a lake. Many times. (he's 21 by the way. gross)
    He also decided to tell me how much nicer her body, and everything in general, is than mine. Awesome? Glad to hear it.
    Turn it over to the cops and/or his CO. Last laugh will be yours.

yeah, that is what i would do, and not even completely out of being vindictive. he is publicly announcing he is having sex with an underage girl. publicly. underage girl.

Plus unless I am very mistaken Spawnbroker more than likely has an obligation to report this

Fuck I probably do too

Goddamn it

CURSES

Rent on
  • underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    It's not taking advantage if she's an ex!

That's sarcasm, right?

It's wrong either way, but when it's someone with a previous position of trust, I'd say it could be even worse.

Yes, it was sarcasm.

He enabled an alcoholic, then once she was plastered, slept with her. But hey, at least he got closure. o_O

Awesome. My sarcasm radar has been on the fritz lately.

Might want to get that Madcat checked out.

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    underdonk wrote: »
    It's not taking advantage if she's an ex!

That's sarcasm, right?

It's wrong either way, but when it's someone with a previous position of trust, I'd say it could be even worse.

Yes, it was sarcasm.

He enabled an alcoholic, then once she was plastered, slept with her. But hey, at least he got closure. o_O

Awesome. My sarcasm radar has been on the fritz lately.

Might want to get that Madcat checked out.

Don't encourage the filthy Clanner.

Thomamelas on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Using fake names is excellent.

Using letters just makes things confusing.

Keep using fake names Thom!
    Instead of fake names, I think that names in stories should be replaced with those of randomly selected forum members.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited November 2009

Instead of fake names, I think that names in stories should be replaced with those of randomly selected forum members.

I support this practice. I want to be a babies daddy.

underdonk on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

So I once went on a date with this girl, let's call her Gabriel_Pitt. Things get real frisky real fast, and she asks me to go down on her. That's when I find out that Gabriel_Pitt has been stuffing her vagina with breadcrumbs. It was weird enough until she pulled out the turkey baster.

tl;dr: don't date girls named Gabriel_Pitt.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That wasn't random at all!

I can't wait until we get a story where Thanatos tries to bash someone's head in with an ashtray.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited November 2009
    underdonk wrote: »

I support this practice. I want to be a babies daddy.

Yay for plurality. Boo for no edit button.

underdonk on
    edited November 2009
    Movitz wrote: »

As in I don't let my faith effect what I think about someone. I tend to mark the whole thing up to me having my ideas on the subject and you having yours. Same? Great. Different? Great. I do not think anything more or less of the matter. Also having pre-marital sex does not speak a whole lot about what kind of person you are. Judging someone by a particular connotation that you, yourself, have placed on a particular factor is kind of ignorant and short sighted.

I may be a manwhore but at least find it out by getting to know me, not by the singular fact I got my dick wet previously.
    Choosing partners based on bullshit issues are one of my pet peeves btw.

I hear you, I have done double takes before when seeing this happen. Problem is discussing it with the offender gives you a 50/50 chance of actually being a productive conversation.

SkannerJAT on
    edited November 2009
    A difference in religion isn't a bullshit issue. It's a pretty valid reason not to pursue a relationship with someone.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited November 2009
    A difference in religion isn't a bullshit issue. It's a pretty valid reason not to pursue a relationship with someone.

I agree thats true for some people. I was merely explaining my comment about having an effect on my overall personality.

SkannerJAT on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SkannerJAT wrote: »

As in I don't let my faith effect what I think about someone. I tend to mark the whole thing up to me having my ideas on the subject and you having yours. Same? Great. Different? Great. I do not think anything more or less of the matter. Also having pre-marital sex does not speak a whole lot about what kind of person you are. Judging someone by a particular connotation that you, yourself, have placed on a particular factor is kind of ignorant and short sighted.

The problem here is that the other person might be doing the same. It's great to not be so immediately judgmental about people, but it's a street that runs both ways.

And people can only be so open-minded. I mean, I don't think I'd have a problem dating a conservative/republican woman unless she was the kind of Glenn Beck/Lou Dobbs frothing at the mouth kind of crazy. Some things just need to be 'acceptable' and we all have varying cutoffs where that is.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

There's really no such thing as a bullshit reason not to pursue a relationship with someone. If you don't want to date someone, don't date them. Nobody has the right to make you.

Religion is a particularly non-bullshit one, though. If you're both open-minded people who are tolerant of others' beliefs then it can work and even be mutually beneficial, but if either of you feels strongly about something which is counter to the feelings of the other person it will inevitably be a problem.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, you asked a Mormon girl to prom and got upset that she didn't dance with you but just wanted to hang out?

Isn't that sort of like inviting a Jew to a BBQ and getting pissed when she just wants to eat salad instead of hot dogs?

Spacemilk on
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    So, you asked a Mormon girl to prom and got upset that she didn't dance with you but just wanted to hang out?

Isn't that sort of like inviting a Jew to a BBQ and getting pissed when she just wants to eat salad instead of hot dogs?

I think the subtle difference is that you invited someone you like and want to get to know better to a BBQ that everyone in the neighborhood is going to, but then find out later that said person is Jewish. They accepted your invite so you shrug it off. They then go to the BBQ and only eat salad.

it's a slight difference, but regardless them eating just salad shouldn't surprise you.

The only weak spot in the analogy is that eating BBQ isn't something done in pairs, plus your Jewish friend didn't go off and only hang out with the other Jewish people there after you spent considerable money for them to have a nice evening.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • WazzaWazza Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

In his defense, it sounds like he didn't know she was Mormon until after she had accepted his invitation. That and it doesn't sounds like she wanted to hang out at all.

Wazza on
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wazza wrote: »

In his defense, it sounds like he didn't know she was Mormon until after she had accepted his invitation. That and it doesn't sounds like she wanted to hang out at all.

exactly.

Now if he was maybe a douche about her not wanting to dance and she then went and hung out with other people that's one thing, but taking the story at face value the guy seemed to have spent considerable money and effort in providing his date with a nice evening out and then when the main event came along she ditched him.

She should have brought it up when he asked that she doesn't dance and gave him a way out, and if they still went together then she should have included him in the hanging out more.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

Uh... Mormons can dance, dude. You're thinking Baptists.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Uh... Mormons can dance, dude. You're thinking Baptists.
    I don't know much about Mormons or Baptists, but it was in response to:
    So we get to the prom, and she refuses to DANCE with me because she is Mormon, and I am not. Instead, she hangs out with some of her other, Mormon friends the rest of the night.
    But Wazza and rockmonkey made good points. Also I didn't notice that she said she couldn't dance with him because he wasn't Mormon, not because she was.

Spacemilk on
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mormons dance. Just not with you.

GungHo on
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I "dated" a mormon girl for two weeks. By "dated" I mean a two week long cock-tease. She had a fantastic body, but even my hormone crazed 16 year-old self knew it was a lost cause.

RocketSauce on
    edited November 2009
    Angus wrote: »
    When I was a senior in high school, I asked out this girl I liked to prom, and she said yes.

Two weeks later, I find out that she is Mormon. I think to myself, "okay that's different, but at least she said she'd go with me, so it must not be a big deal."

Prom night comes, I take her out to a VERY nice (expensive) restaurant and blow $250 on dinner. Oh yeah, and there was a limosine involved.

I swear to you, that was the most uncomfortable car ride home later that night. We sat on opposite ends of the limosine.

The End

Man, that is a major dick move on her part. I would have told her to get a ride home with the friends she spent the evening with.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I "dated" a mormon girl for two weeks. By "dated" I mean a two week long cock-tease. She had a fantastic body, but even my hormone crazed 16 year-old self knew it was a lost cause.

"Oh man, I dated this chick for two weeks when I was sixteen and she wouldn't give it up. What a cock-tease." Totally a cock-tease, and couldn't possibly be because, well, two-weeks and sixteen on top of religious.

Pjstelford on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

adytum on
    edited November 2009
    Okay...

Are we now just making things up? Or is there a genuine prologue to that charming story?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

adytum on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

My sister has told me horror stories of going to a Mormon dance.

Incenjucar on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Like...? Is it super boring or something?

Underdog on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Underdog wrote: »

Like...? Is it super boring or something?

Purple drank.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shocking news, Mormons, like any other cult, are separatist assholes who will gladly take all of your money and then talk shit about you.

Edith Upwards on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

eh, the few I've been to haven't been that bad. I was a little surprised when they played Metallica though.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.