As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moon Knight luvs Dr. Strange

2»

• Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I gotta get the Essential Moon Knight as well. the only thing that bugs me about them is the lack of color. that is half the fun of 60s and 70s comics to me.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sonos wrote: »
    I gotta get the Essential Moon Knight as well. the only thing that bugs me about them is the lack of color. that is half the fun of 60s and 70s comics to me.

I found the style surprisingly appropriate for Moon Knight, who wears a white costume anyway. Black and white suits a street hero, and I'm certain it tones down the ridiculous, garishly colored outfits of the villains.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    true. but sometimes the palate of 8 garish colors that many times bleed out of the lines brings about a deep sense of nostolgia. nostolgia for picking them up in the 80s i was too young a sprat in the 60s, 70s ;-)

but Essential Moon Night for sure you made a good point with cityscape working in B&W.

Essential Dr. Strange lost a lot without color. The weird, awesome art style in those early books lost a lot in B&W imo. lost some depth to the other dimensions.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love the idea of Dr. Strange, but I've always hated the execution. Dr. Strange should be a horror/mystery book, with cults and esotericism and shit. It's should be freaking unexplained. There's no mystery in it, which defeats the point of it being "magic".

zenpotato on
  • Options
    DoctorErebusDoctorErebus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moon Knight and Doctor Strange have always felt under utilized to me. I've enjoyed bits of the new Moon Knight series, but its got kind of an Image aftertaste. The Oath was hot-buttered whup ass. Glad to see these characters getting a little play. A new Cloak & Dagger series and I will be content.

Absolutely cool with Doctor Strange signing on with the New Avengers. But a super team with Doctor Strange as their benefactor? Why aren't we calling them the Secret Defenders?

Maybe they want the book to sell ...

DoctorErebus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cloak and Dagger got enough coverage guest-starring in Runayways all the time. :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Absolutely cool with Doctor Strange signing on with the New Avengers. But a super team with Doctor Strange as their benefactor? Why aren't we calling them the Secret Defenders?
    Cuz then Nightwing would get all pissy about it.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Moon Knight and Doctor Strange have always felt under utilized to me. I've enjoyed bits of the new Moon Knight series, but its got kind of an Image aftertaste

i am just getting back into comics so its all fairly new but after reading a few books of the New Avengers (I started buying up a few issues back from #28 now) I realized how much better it was than Moon Knight. You may be right on the Image thing.

Either way, I'm in for a 12 issue run so I hope I enjoy it. Avengers I know I will if only for the art. The art makes Strange look more magic-ey and secretive the one of the previous posters wanted imo. And I am not normally Spidey fan but the writer actually makes his incessant one-liners pretty funny.

soapbox off

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png