As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GHOST ADVENTURES: DUDE I TOTALLY SAW A GHOST OVER THERE BROSEPH

OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it?the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Social Entropy++
ghost-adventures-banner.jpg
GHOST ADVENTURES: FRAT GUYS GETTING LOCKED IN SCARY PLACES

Wait, what the fuck is this.
Ghost Adventures is a documentary tv show on the Travel Channel. It's one of those shows where some dudes go to a haunted place and hang out with some cameras when it's dark and maybe catch some static noise on a recorder and call it a night.

But that's dumb. Ghosts don't exist! And those shows suck anyway.
Hell yeah they do. But Ghost Adventures is different! Why, you ask?

Yes I do!
Well shut up and I'll tell you.

Ghost Adventures has several things that make it the best ghost show:

-Something crazy happens almost every episode, in comparison to other ghost shows where nothing happens ever
-The guys who host it are actually pretty funny, both intentionally and unintentionally. I'll explain this in more detail below.
-Unlike almost every other ghost show, Ghost Adventures isn't trying to prove anything to anyone. They're not pretending it's a science or think that they know everything about ghosts or spirits or whatever. They're just in it for the kicks, man. And it makes for some pretty entertaining television!
MEET THE TEAM
bio-zak.jpg

[after having a rock thrown at his head by an angry ghost]
"WOO! YEAH!"

Zak Bagans is the defacto leader of the team. Sometimes he has really retarded hair, sometimes he doesn't. He likes to taunt ghosts into attacking him by totally dissing them old school, especially when they're in old abandoned prisons and the like, where it is presumed the ghosts are of evil psychotic murderers. He is also known for his bad jokes, and his continual torment of his teammates by sending them to the creepiest places for "solo vigils," where they get locked inside a morgue slab for thirty minutes waiting for ghosts to eat their souls. Whenever confronted with anything even remotely hostile from a ghost, Zak gets really jazzed, as if nothing could be more awesome than being locked in a mental hospital with a bunch of crazy ghosts. He is deathly afraid of snakes and helicopters.

bio-nick.jpg

"You wanna do harm to us? Do harm to Zak!"

Nick Groff is the one who usually gets locked in the morgue drawers. He's still kind of bitter about that. His favorite part of the show is letting Zak go first and watching shit happen to him. He helped found the Ghost Adventures Crew, so I guess that makes him the Egon to Zak's Venkman.

bio-aaron.jpg

"Dude, I totally just saw something, bro!"

Aaron Goodwin used to be a camera operator in Vegas for UFC and behind-the-scenes stuff for movie premieres there. Sometimes he wishes he was still there. He is Zak's favorite piece of bait to use for the mean ghosties, having Aaron sit alone in the spookiest part of whatever fucked up place they're at that week and freak the fuck out at the tiniest sound. He's also the target of most of Zak's jokes, usually leading to him staring into the camera and shaking his head in a very disapproving manner. During an average episode, you will hear Aaron say the words "dude" and "bro" about ten thousand times, usually in a desperate, panicky voice.

So when can I watch this stupid ghost show that's so great?
New episodes air Fridays at 9PM eastern/pacific, and I guess every Halloween they have a seven hour live event where they go to some spooky place and do a bunch of crazy shit with gimmicky gadgets in addition to their usual routine of night vision cameras and tape recorders. This year they had a tesla coil and some crazy ghost-voice machine!

I still think ghosts aren't real.
Yeah, me too. But the people who think they are make for good television sometimes! So I thought I'd make a thread about it.

SO LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS GHOST SHOW AND MAYBE OTHER THINGS RELATING TO GHOSTS OR THE BUSTING THEREOF

signature-deffo.jpg
PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
Olivaw on

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the first dude has a neck as thick as a horse's dick

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I saw a ghost once, but it turned out to just be some dickhead wearing a white sheet over himself.

Scared the living daylights out of me.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I saw a ghost once, but it turned out to just be some dickhead wearing a white sheet over himself.

Scared the living daylights out of me.

Did you whip out your proton pack and ruin his day

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So basically three guys from my dorm bump around in the dark shouting.

Wonderful.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited November 2009
    Macera wrote: »
    So basically three guys from my dorm bump around in the dark shouting.

Wonderful.

Yeah pretty much!

It's good stuff

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man I was totally gonna make a ghost show with two buddies, until I realized none of us had a video camera.

M.D. on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There'd better be spooky cocks in this.

Synthetic Orange on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    it's like the travel channel is just giving every jerk a show. Guess we need to think of a show idea and record a pilot.

Melding on
    edited November 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    it's like the travel channel is just giving every jerk a show. Guess we need to think of a show idea and record a pilot.

Okay, hear me out on this.

Melding and Synthetic Orange take a cross-country road trip to get married in I assume New York, so that they can adopt idiot-savant Olivaw.

I'll narrate, since I sound pretty much like a cross between Don LaFontaine and George Lowe.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    What does this have to do with travel.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bustin' makes me feel good

Randall_Flagg on
    edited November 2009

Melding and Synthetic Orange take a cross-country road trip to get married in I assume New York, so that they can adopt idiot-savant Olivaw.

I'll narrate, since I sound pretty much like a cross between Don LaFontaine and George Lowe.

You're hired!

Melding on
    edited November 2009

You're hired!

Hey hey hey let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Do you have a catchphrase? Can you come up with a overly dramatic intro narration?

These are important questions if you want to be on this channel, son

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

You're hired!

Hey hey hey let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Do you have a catchphrase? Can you come up with a overly dramatic intro narration?

These are important questions if you want to be on this channel, son

Melding and Synthetic Orange and on the road...

to love.

My catchphrase: They don't do it like they do in Innsmouth!

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good lord.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited November 2009
    Wait, i live in a country where i can get gay married. Why would i go to new york?

Melding on
    edited November 2009
    Wait, i live in a country where i can get gay married. Why would i go to new york?

The same reason everyone is on reality TV.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited November 2009
    Oh right. Thanks Macera, you keep me on track.

Melding on
    edited November 2009
    Oh right. Thanks Macera, you keep me on track.

I'm like a railroad with gills and a ragged hat.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited November 2009
    Keep going, almost there.

Melding on
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love to watch this show, for some bizarre reason, as I would normally totally hate these kinds of dudes and the concept of ghost-hunting in general, but Olivaw is right, for some reason the whole package is charming and hilarious. My gf and I call the show 'Ghost Bullies' because of the way Zak is always trying to taunt the 'spirits' into doing things.

I love how the Aaron guy looks like kind of a tough SOB but he's a complete scaredy-cat and jumps at the slightest noise. I saw one ep over Halloween where they went to the OK corral museum and he's swinging the camera around in the dark and he turns right face-to-face with a stuffed bison head and you can see the camera leap about 3 feet in the air and him him go "holy shit!" because he scared himself so bad :lol:

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
    edited November 2009
    Keep going, almost there.

uh...yes

GHOSTS WOOO

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited November 2009
    SHAZAM!

Melding on
    edited November 2009
    Oh no, Captain Marvel!

My one weakness!

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited November 2009
    captainmarvel.jpg

This is the end of the line Mr. Mind!

Melding on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's why I like Destination Truth as well.

The host is such a dick to the locals of whatever out of the way place they are visiting, all making fun of their silly ideas of monster birds or whatever.

The ghost parts are so so.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't think I even get the Travel Channel but if I do I'll definitely check this out

Ghost Hunters was mindlessly entertaining for a while but I'm getting tired of those two dudes so this could be fun

Also, No Great Name, that is exactly why I love Destination Truth as well

Grey Ghost on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2009
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    What does this have to do with travel.

okay get this

haunted places are not all in one place

so to get from one to the other

you have to travel

DJ Eebs on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's ridiculous

Why would I want to travel to places where I would have to be exposed to the culture of people who are different and not as rich as me?

I can get all I need by going to the haunted place district downtown

Grey Ghost on