As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Any news on who's gonna be there?

2»

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    What's the word on moshing and crowd surfing this year? Is the center ok with it as long everyone knows it is their own damn fault if anything happens when they wander into the mosh pit?

this event really doesn't call for moshing. the majority of attendants aren't metalheads, and even those I know who are metalheads weren't even interested in mosh activities last year. maybe there'll be another huge metal show this year to coincide with the event-- Nevermore was recording their live DVD at the same time as one of the PAX shows.

b0wser on
  • Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    What's the word on moshing and crowd surfing this year? Is the center ok with it as long everyone knows it is their own damn fault if anything happens when they wander into the mosh pit?

Sorry, the ban on crowd surfing and moshing will remain this year.

Amber Fechko on
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    gabe wrote:
    We've also lined up our keynote speaker for 2007. We're not quite ready to drop his name yet but I was told I could give a hint. Honestly all the hints I can think of right now would totally give it away. I'll just say it will be an honor to have him on the bridg-erm-stage.

On the Bridge? Star Trek? Captain Piccard? Patrick Stewart?

But all the Trek games were awful...

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    GSM wrote: »
    gabe wrote:
    We've also lined up our keynote speaker for 2007. We're not quite ready to drop his name yet but I was told I could give a hint. Honestly all the hints I can think of right now would totally give it away. I'll just say it will be an honor to have him on the bridg-erm-stage.

On the Bridge? Star Trek? Captain Piccard?

I was hoping for Shatner. I'd be very happy with just about anyone from those shows, though, Wil Wheaton included.

Doc on
  • Melonious BunkMelonious Bunk Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I'm thinking the Keynote Speaker will be Wil Wheaton.

Melonious Bunk on
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just about anyone from Star Trek would be an awesome keynote speaker... since this is a gaming festival afterall, William Shatner or Patrick Stewart doesn't really fit the bill... I mean people would LOVE to see them there but what to they have to do with games? Not a whole lot.

I'm betting Wil Wheaton too... he just seems to be more of a gamer than Shatner or Stewart.

nearlysober on
  • WyndhamPriceWyndhamPrice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

There is no other plausible answer.

WyndhamPrice on
    WyndhamPrice.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seperoth wrote: »

There is no other plausible answer.

your mom

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    While my mom is certainly close enough to the venue to make an effective keynote speaker, I feel that Wil Wheaton is the most likely choice at this time.

I hope I'm right. I totally called "Combat" as the last Omegathon game that they were gonna bust out the second year, so I hope I go 2 for 2 on weird PAX predictions.

TychoCelchuuu on
This discussion has been closed.