As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

• deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    i think people here dont like my scratchy drawing so.... a little bit less random :D

face004.jpg

And i donno, i dont mind game censorship so much in australia, the medium just isnt accepted as adult entertainment yet, but if you give it time it will happen. Only thing that shits me is that someone else decides what is morally right and wrong for me, that makes me a sadpanda D:

deadlydorito on
  • robotsintheskiesrobotsintheskies Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flay, I think maybe go a different direction with the nerdiness...maybe if you showed the entire face? I really like the idea behind it though, more power to ya!

robotsintheskies on
  • JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i think people here dont like my scratchy drawing so.... a little bit less random :D

face004.jpg

And i donno, i dont mind game censorship so much in australia, the medium just isnt accepted as adult entertainment yet, but if you give it time it will happen. Only thing that shits me is that someone else decides what is morally right and wrong for me, that makes me a sadpanda D:

It's not that they object to the scratchyness of your drawings, it's the fact that you don't seem to move beyond that I think that they were objecting to. I think they were suggesting that you do your scratchy thing to get down shapes how you like them, but then you go back over them with a different pen or pencil or w/e and pick out the correct line. Clean it up. It isnt that it cant start out super scratchy, you just have to then go from there and define the line.

JohnTWM on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    calling it quits.

streetpaint_fin.jpg

tynic on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    love the robits proxz! And that's pretty alright tynic! Wish the colours weren't so washed out.

desperaterobots on
    edited November 2009
    I messed with the curves at the end because I think my laptop monitor might be too bright. This may have been an error.

tynic on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tynic wrote: »
    calling it quits.

streetpaint_fin.jpg

i really like this, it's very expressive

beavotron on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tynic - Coveys a really cool mood. Would be awesome if you extended the bottom of the canvas and just drew in (really simplified) some people and store fronts.

winter_combat_knight on
    edited November 2009
    no people
    that would completely destroy the mood it sets
    no store fronts either.

beavotron on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hello

yes

the desolation would be ruined by brighter colors or hustle and bustle

Tam on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was thinking showing more of the environment might help finish the piece off
    did a little paintover of what i think may work better
    paintoveri.jpg

Just my opinion :)

winter_combat_knight on
    edited November 2009
    again, that does nothing but kill the mood of the piece
    the fact that you can't see the ground is part of what gives it that eerie mood
    throwing a whiteish grey ground in there with some scribbly things on the side just gives a feeling of "hey yet another painting of an old fashioned street"

beavotron on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    pretty much.

NightDragon on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really disagree with everyone on this. The mood is cool but the image is weird. I would go into one of my rants about art requiring purpose but I doubt that would go over well. I will say that I feel the image needs to extend down further...but without the light hitting the streets as WCK has done. A couple of silhouetted figures strolling through some cool shadows though could really hit the spot.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    Personally, I'd like the buildings to continue further down without an end in sight - they just fade to black.......which seems to be more or less what the image is already doing.

NightDragon on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wonder what tynic is going to paint next?

PROX on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    so i tried cleaning up the lines on her body like someone said:D

nakeddeviantfinaltotalf.jpg

deadlydorito on
    edited November 2009
    hey, thanks for the comments guys.

I want to do something for the weekly challenge asap, so I'm definitely done with that painting for now. But I was thinking of coming back and tightening it up, so I may try implementing a few suggestions.

tynic on
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dorito, why doesn't she have a butt crack IT'S COMPLETELY FLESHED OVER WHAT HAPPENED D;

p.s. Tynic I heart that painting. I agree that some very vague detail at the street level would polish up the piece, but it's a doodle and the atmosphere is still super great.

Lexxy on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    squid-1.png

kind of (very) experimental, I used grids but the composition's probably terrible regardless

ignore the text, I just wanted to see how it'd look/wanted to fill in empty space

mensch-o-matic on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is that, like, a nubby octopus, or a melting ice cream scoop?

Buckwolfe on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    spoilered for h-scroll

10 minute monster
    5ueqz5.jpg

Tam on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    Is that, like, a nubby octopus, or a melting ice cream scoop?

the first! i forgot his little ear-nubbly things and i cant find a pic of him, but just trust me that it was the cutest. cephalopod. you ever did see

mensch-o-matic on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    picture for a show here
    pic160.jpg

wakkawa on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She kinda looks like Madonna. The red lines are a nice touch

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    One of her boobies is kind of droopy. Is such a thing not an affront to the image of perfection you have crafted all these years? YOU'RE SLIPPING

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wak - Beautiful. Inspiring.

---

If you guys had to finish this image by tomorrow morning, what would you do first?

a201.jpg

F87 on
    edited November 2009
    Nobody in that picture is showing any emotion!

NightDragon on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Why did you put that dramatic lighting outside the window and then kill it by putting a light on in the room? Seems to me the painting should either go in the direction of only the sunset as the light source which would cause some pretty dramatic lighting in the room, or close that window and just have one simple light source in the room and put more into the emotion like ND mentioned.

Kendeathwalker on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    F87 wrote: »
    If you guys had to finish this image by tomorrow morning, what would you do first?

I'd give the doctor a moustache

Metalbourne on
    edited November 2009
    Metal, that's so fucking helpful. <3

ND - I know :( It's hard!

Kendeathwalker - I'm not sure. I agree with you, but as for my reasoning, I guess I thought there would be a light on in the hospital room. Trying to be practical I guess?

F87 on
    edited November 2009
    well what the hell are you waiting for? Get out your moustache brush!

Metalbourne on
  • ArfenhouseArfenhouse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Random thingy. I was laughing at hotchickswithdouchebags.com earlier, I guess I picked up a little douche in this guy? Needs more kissy lips and sideways peace sign.

Neck: Fudged up?
    Mouth: Too far back?
    Facial planes: Accurate?

dudesmiling.jpg

Also, F87, don't just change the emotion on the faces. If you can, the girl on the side of the bed is sitting up WAY too straight, especially if the scene is meant to be emotional. Have her hunched over slightly, disheveled and such. Have her trying to make eye contact with the bed-ridden girl.

Doctor needs more contrapposto, especially if he's trying to break bad news to these two girls. The stance he's in right denotes power, authority, etc. Any doctor with bedside manners will either be sitting down or at least trying to get themselves to the level of the patient, especially for bad news. A slight head tilt or something.

Girl in bed...is she in a coma? Or persistent vegetative state? Because she's staring into the middle distance like she's replaying her first time roleplaying with handcuffs.

Arfenhouse on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    F87 wrote: »
    Metal, that's so fucking helpful. <3

ND - I know :( It's hard!

Kendeathwalker - I'm not sure. I agree with you, but as for my reasoning, I guess I thought there would be a light on in the hospital room. Trying to be practical I guess?

The city looks like it is buried underneath hundreds of feet of sand, I don't know if that's what you were going for or not.

If not you should probably break that up with some geometric shapes, yo.

Fugitive on
    edited November 2009
    well what the hell are you waiting for? Get out your moustache brush!

OK!

must.gif

edit: just noticed the replies

Arfenhouse - Thanks, you're right. That would be hard to change at this point though. I should think it out more before starting...

Fugitive - Uhg, you're right. I'll work on that. Thanks.

F87 on
    edited November 2009
    Is the first moustache labeled "1" and the second "B"?

In that case, #B.

Metalbourne on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also I'm not thoroughly convinced the top of the building in the foreground would be fading like that. It would probably more likely be a solid shadow, more or less

Fugitive on
  • Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    For some reason I was thinking about this old cartoon today so I did some quick sketches.

4091576918_59ec40c052_o.jpg

Guy Bell on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY DARLING HELLO MY RAGTIME DOOOLLZZ

TheBog on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    5, 10 and 20 minute speed paints

swamp.jpg

dunno-2.jpg

test3.jpg