As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: No killstreaks, Vector only, Final Destination. (Steam Group in OP)

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    langfor6 wrote: »
    I was going to buy this game on PC until I checked the metacritic score and saw how it was universally panned.
    I never had any intention of buying it, but I was entertained by the smear campaign going on. People sure do love their dedicated servers.

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

PC gamers are the Baby Boomers of the electronics entertainment world.

Entitled bitches.

Dirty bastards .... all expecting features that are in nearly every successful FPS including this games previous iteration.

quit crying over lost features!

and for only $10 more!

they should pay more for less and shut up about it!

Xaquin on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haha, wow, this dude went all out for the midnight release.
    317381.jpg

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I was going to buy this game on PC until I checked the metacritic score and saw how it was universally panned.
    I never had any intention of buying it, but I was entertained by the smear campaign going on. People sure do love their dedicated servers.

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

Dirty bastards .... all expecting features that are in nearly every successful FPS including this games previous iteration.

quit crying over lost features!

and for only $10 more!

they should pay more for less and shut up about it!

Actually, I think most of us would be happy with just the shut up about it part. Don't buy it if they don't want to, that's fine, but the weeks of whining about it...

twmjr on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There was some update on hte PS3 version this morning. All it seems to do is not let me play the game online.

Once again. We shuold have split the threads post launch. One for console only one for PC only.

Algertman on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Picked this up for $5 after trading in Brutal Legend and Sacred 2 (plus $10 points based discount at the store for my frequent consumerism).

Enjoyed the very beginning of the campaign and then went right into split screen with the girlfriend. Man is she a ruthless killer.

Really enjoyed th AC130 spec op mission from both perspectives.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll get this on PC when there's a sale somewhere I think. Game looks great though...

Hawk on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    317381.jpg

Jesus they still make strategy guides?

What the hell will it say. "See that bad guy, shoot him till he dies. Do this lots more."

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited November 2009
    Go where that dot is.

Algertman on
  • bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    317381.jpg

What the hell will it say. "See that bad guy, shoot him till he dies. Do this lots more."

I guess that guy spent his cash on the strat guide and his nifty gear, seeing as he left without the Prestige Edition...

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • FrazFraz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bombboy wrote: »
    317381.jpg

I guess that guy spent his cash on the strat guide and his nifty gear, seeing as he left without the Prestige Edition...

NVGs would have completed the look.

Fraz on
  • StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Was playing the snow/stealth mission in spec ops and some dogs came running towards my gf and I. I shoot the dog in the head and she's shocked (loves dogs)!
    "Oh it's just a german shepherd!"
    I say, "Uh yeah, you kill one if you see one." to her dismay.
    A second dog jumps on me and I break it's neck, now she's really horrified.
    I say, "That's what you do. When a dog gets on you, break that shit!"

A minute or so later she gets pounced and gets her throat torn out.
    I think she understands now.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • CrazybearCrazybear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    OK, so I broke down and got this because Gamestop had that trade in two games from this list and get MW2 for $20. I liked the first one alright but the mutliplayer didn't do much for me.

But I am loving this one! The first mission was excellent and intense. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for me.

And the multiplayer was great as well. I love all the different things you can change, like your killstreak reward and also getting death streak help. Copycat is really cool.

Feel free to add me as I will be playing this for a long time. Xbox360 gamertage is Stalvos. Just keep in mind that I kinda suck so don't expect much from me. I mean, this is coming from a guy that thinks Copycat is cool so you know I am dying alot. :)

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just got the last kill of a match so I got to watch myself in slow motion kill a guy with the shotgun attached underneath my M1. Bonus points for awesomeness I guess.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Algertman wrote: »

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

That's the most accurate description I have ever heard of them.

Oh man the irony of a PS3 gamer saying that. :lol:

Not that I'm singling you out or anything, but last I checked, John Carmack was lazy and conceited and Gabe Newell was quite possibly the most evil man on the planet.

Fanboys are fanboys, and they're always going to make a tonne of noise. Me, I've pretty much decided I'm not going to pay the extra money for it when I feel it's unwarranted, but bar that, I'm going to leave it at that.

subedii on
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    On the airport level, while it was a bit gruesome, I thought it was an excellent way to show the bad guy being quite heartless and using you to start a war. Here you thought you were just "doing what you had to do" and you played right into his hands and look what it started. While graphic indeed, and it's supposed to make you feel very conflicted about doing it for the greater good, but then look what happens. Best intentions and all that.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell I'll be prestiging in this game.

aBlank on
    edited November 2009
    subedii wrote: »

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

Not that I'm singling you out or anything, but last I checked, John Carmack was lazy and conceited and Gabe Newell was quite possibly the most evil man on the planet.

Fanboys are fanboys, and they're always going to make a tonne of noise. Me, I've pretty much decided I'm not going to pay the extra money for it when I feel it's unwarranted, but bar that, I'm going to leave it at that.

I have a PS3, a 360, and a Wii. Now what the fuck were you saying?

Algertman on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Can someone confirm that MW2 allows private/friends-only multi-player matches?

Me and some of the guys would like to spend some time learning the maps before we dive in head-first.

Yall on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Unlocked the motion sensor for my RPD. It is the best, some maps it just lets you dominate.

Leitner on
  • Signum Ex SonitusSignum Ex Sonitus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

He is saying that PS3 and 360 gamers are more than capable of the same bullshit eilitism. I'm sure he's not directing it at you. His opening statement is kind of rude, though.

Signum Ex Sonitus on
  • bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    aBlank wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell I'll be prestiging in this game.

I've yet to decide, I guess it will just depend on what sort of reward there is for deciding to prestige.

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
    edited November 2009

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

He is saying that PS3 and 360 gamers are more than capable of the same bullshit eilitism. I'm sure he's not directing it at you. His opening statement is kind of rude, though.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Like I said, I wasn't taking aim at you specifically, but every time I hit up a Left 4 Dead thread anywhere there's a significant PS3 presence, I can already predict the results. Most of the time it's also personal attacks like Gabe Newells so fat and lazy and stuff.

Or how about Gears of War 1, when the PC was getting exclusive content? The sheer amount of bitching over that was beyond belief, and that was in a thread dedicated to the PC version. It kept going even after Gears 2 was released as a guaranteed 360 exclusive. Crap man, these days there's even whining about how evil and stupid Blizzard hasn't even got current plans for a 360 release of Starcraft 2, and that's a freaking RTS.

Fanboy elitism works just as well wherever you go.

I will apologise if I was rude though, that was not my intention. But then again, it's not like the OP wasn't just as rude calling PC gamers entitled bitches. Whoo, boy, no problem there at all.

subedii on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Multi is fantastic in this game. Some of the tools they give you to really help your buddies out are awesome.

I know eventually people will be smart enough to shoot my friends instead of me while I walk forward with my riot shield like a lumbering giant. But until then...awesome town.

Heart beat sensor? Badass. Nothing is as fun as tracking down bad guys and calling out to buddies where their location is.

In fact, i hope to someday make a squad that combines the two. Have someone lead with the shield while two others have heart beat sensors, one watching the rare as we sweep through some areas. Stupid snipers would probably mess our day up though.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Signum Ex SonitusSignum Ex Sonitus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Like I said, I wasn't taking aim at you specifically, but every time I hit up a Left 4 Dead thread anywhere there's a significant PS3 presence, I can already predict the results. Most of the time it's also personal attacks like Gabe Newells so fat and lazy and stuff.

Or how about Gears of War 1, when the PC was getting exclusive content? The sheer amount of bitching over that was beyond belief, and that was in a thread dedicated to the PC version. It kept going even after Gears 2 was released as a guaranteed 360 exclusive. Crap man, these days there's even whining about how evil and stupid Blizzard hasn't even got current plans for a 360 release of Starcraft 2, and that's a freaking RTS.

I will apologise if I was rude though, that was not my intention. But then again, it's not like the OP wasn't just as rude calling PC gamers entitled bitches. Whoo, boy, no problem there at all.

Agreed. It just sounded more directed at him than the rest of your post did, but that's just me interpreting wrong.

Anyways, MW2. Today I shall have it. Still deciding on a platform though.

Signum Ex Sonitus on
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SO, hey infinity ward what the godammit? Couldn't invite my friends to join a party at all yesterday without spinning around 3 times naked and sacrificing a goat. "patch to address problem by friday" well gg patched this morning and what's that can't fucking connect at all to the servers COOL! I'm gonna go play borderlands since they seem to have broken the PS3 online funcitonality, and the story, while good, was roughly 6 hours long.

I would be less pissed if I hadn't bought this pretty much specifically to play with my group of friends around town.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm still completely surprised that the Night Vision goggles actually work, and work pretty well.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited November 2009

It has a 1.3 user score.

That's incredible.

Entitled bitches.

Agreed. It just sounded more directed at him than the rest of your post did, but that's just me interpreting wrong.

I certainly didn't mean it that way. I'm just sick of being called an elitist because I don't want to get the game at launch, and I genuinely feel IW (or activision) dropped the ball on the PC release.

subedii on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, is it bad that I prefer to use the sniper rifles without a silencer just because it sounds so lame with one on? Who cares if everyone on the map knows I'm using the Barrett; they'll die soon anyways.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SO, hey infinity ward what the godammit? Couldn't invite my friends to join a party at all yesterday without spinning around 3 times naked and sacrificing a goat. "patch to address problem by friday" well gg patched this morning and what's that can't fucking connect at all to the servers COOL! I'm gonna go play borderlands since they seem to have broken the PS3 online funcitonality, and the story, while good, was roughly 6 hours long.

I would be less pissed if I hadn't bought this pretty much specifically to play with my group of friends around town.

I'm also not too happy with the shenanigans on PS3. Fucked trophies and friend invites, now when they patch the trophies the online multiplayer gets fucked over.

-sigh-

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So in my first multiplayer game ever ever, on my first life, I killstreak to care package which contains...AC130. I then proceed to go on a killing rampage.

What a welcome to the game.

ChaosHat on
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haikira wrote: »

I'm also not too happy with the shenanigans on PS3. Fucked trophies and friend invites, now when they patch the trophies the online multiplayer gets fucked over.

-sigh-

I'll add you to my friends list so we can be dissatisfied together, and not play together for a week or more, it'll be great. In all seriousness i'll add ya, maybe we can play borderlands or another game that functions properly online.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
    edited November 2009
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So in my first multiplayer game ever ever, on my first life, I killstreak to care package which contains...AC130. I then proceed to go on a killing rampage.

What a welcometo the game.

Nice! I've seen only two AC130s in the game so far. Having shells firing at you is terrifying.

The best I've done so far is get a Predator missile killstreak, called it in, then dropped my care package I had stored up which turned out to be another Predator. Right after that second missile a nice Harrier came in to help me.:P

Librarian's ghost on

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I actually prefer to be on the ground when an AC-130 is up. The sound of that 105mm flying towards you, then exploding is just terror incarnate, and makes you glad that it's America that has those things, and not the opposition.

I've also pulled an EMP from a care package; that was comical, because I saw a guy sight in with an EOTech, and he just stood there wondering why he couldn't see it. Then he was turned into meaty swiss cheese.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009

I actually prefer to be on the ground when an AC-130 is up. The sound of that 105mm flying towards you, then exploding is just terror incarnate, and makes you glad that it's America that has those things, and not the opposition.

God I was in a warehouse and turned around at the sound of the shot to see three of my teammates who were standing near the door get thrown back by the blast outside.

I hid under a staircase till it was gone.D:

Librarian's ghost on

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm impressed that they managed to frak up the spawn logic this time. Sub Pens is just total anarchy once air support gets there.

Mechanical on
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I rather like the Sub Base. I had like 3 games in a row where I ended up playing Quarry. I pretty much hate that place.

bejeavis on
    edited November 2009
    I hate the new "creek/overgrown" map which is like huge, has some houses at the corners, and a cave thing in the middle. It's pretty much the worst map ever.

aBlank on
  • CrazybearCrazybear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

My first multiplayer match ever I had the last kill, and got treated to the new last kill in slow motion camera. It was a grenade, and it was awesome seeing the guy I killed fly in the air to his death and the guy next to him shield his eyes from the blast.

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The first care package I got, I threw down on the ground next to a wall and waited for it to come down.

I then see a yellow Predator Missile icon at the top of my screen, look up and see the crate lying on top of a non accessible fire escape.

As you can imagine, I frowned quite heavily at this. D:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Wasn't my first game, but I called a care package and it LANDED ON ME AND KILLED ME.

:[

aBlank on