As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: No killstreaks, Vector only, Final Destination. (Steam Group in OP)

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God dammit I hate Highrise so much. The past half dozen matches STRAIGHT I've gotten into have been Highrise. And I always join right when it launches so I can't back out. I fucking HATE this map. I can't get any kills on it for some reason.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    oh a-bloo bloo bloo i got the technical details wrong

the point is they won't change it unless it is completely necessary

and by completely necessary, i mean "it affects infinity ward a shitload" which is going to be hard to do given that they have shown that they don't care too much about the PC as a platform
    Well, thanks for setting me straight with your condescending bullshitting.

if you stop acting like a child i will stop treating you like one. start by being a lot less touchy.

Nuzak on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dashui wrote: »
    I just wish some of these guns came with more ammo out the gate in MP. The SCAR only has 40 bullets, really? I need to unlock a means to have a larger capacity and fast.

When I use SCAR, I run with Scavenger. Makes it bearable.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You really have to be delusionally optimistic to think there is they would patch in dedicated server. OTOH, I think a fan made patch/workaround for dedicated servers will happen.

Mugaaz on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    You really have to be delusionally optimistic to think there is they would patch in dedicated server. OTOH, I think a fan made patch/workaround for dedicated servers will happen.

This man has the right of it

Although I'm a bit more pessimistic about fan-made workarounds, it's still more likely than the alternative

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have mixed feelings on this game. I never really played the first one except at a friends house.

Playing on the 360, I think I'd it a lot more if the party system wasn't so jacked up. I'm an achievement whore too, sad that there aren't more MP achievements.

Zarcath on
  • CrazybearCrazybear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So has anyone gotten or seen the Tac-Nuke in multiplayer? I will never, ever get 25 kills in a row. So I am dying to know what happens.

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I don't think the part of the game that is least open to modding will be changed by any fan, especially when the whole game isn't mod-friendly. If Infinity Ward doesn't want it to happen, then no one else will make it happen. And if they do want it to happen, they'll probably be the ones doing it. Especially considering it could be seen as a way of bypassing authentication.

But I'll take anything.

Hoz on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Whats the return policy at Gamestop? If I bought a PC copy today, and found out that the multiplayer is indeed shit, will I be able to get my money back?

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Crazybear wrote: »
    So has anyone gotten or seen the Tac-Nuke in multiplayer? I will never, ever get 25 kills in a row. So I am dying to know what happens.

A warning siren plays, a dude shouts TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING and then somewhere outside the map borders a bright explosions happens and a shockwave sweeps across the map, you die and the round ends.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jesus Christ we're still bitching about dedicated servers? The game played fine for me this afternoon online. Yeah, people need to swallow dicks with those mouths of theirs, but damnit, stop.

Can't we go back to bitching about leaning?

DietarySupplement on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fiziks wrote: »
    Whats the return policy at Gamestop? If I bought a PC copy today, and found out that the multiplayer is indeed shit, will I be able to get my money back?

no

Xaquin on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jesus Christ we're still bitching about dedicated servers? The game played fine for me this afternoon online. Yeah, people need to swallow dicks with those mouths of theirs, but damnit, stop.

Can't we go back to bitching about leaning?

Glad that it works for you. The problem is that it doesn't work for everyone.

Xaquin on
    edited November 2009

I am pretty sure that you have to buy used in order to return a game and get your money back. I think if you buy it new, you can only return it for a copy of the same game if your copy was defective.

Anyone work at Gamestop here?

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No, you cannot return a game you authenticated through Steam. You own it. Forever.

Hoz on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, looks like you can't return anything that's been opened. Guess I'll just have to find someone on campus who plays in on PC, and see how it works for him.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, looks like you can't return anything that's been opened. Guess I'll just have to find someone on campus who plays in on PC, and see how it works for him.

Just rent it.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
    edited November 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

A warning siren plays, a dude shouts TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING and then somewhere outside the map borders a bright explosions happens and a shockwave sweeps across the map, you die and the round ends.

That sounds awesome, I hope that it happens in a game I'm in even though the round ends. It would be worth it just to see it once.

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2009

That sounds awesome, I hope that it happens in a game I'm in even though the round ends. It would be worth it just to see it once.

There you go

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

This man has the right of it

Although I'm a bit more pessimistic about fan-made workarounds, it's still more likely than the alternative

I'd say it's unlikely enough to the point of being impossible. Servers just aren't going to happen. That's the layout, don't buy the game expecting "it'll happen down the line", either get it accepting what it is now, or don't get it at all.

subedii on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Oh man, just finished SP, talk about crazy all the way through.

However I did have a question regarding the ending
    These spoilers are basically for the end of the game, so be warned
    Why did Shepard kill Roach and Ghost? Did I miss something? He obviously wasn't working with Makarov.
    He HIRED Makarov. That's the whole thing. Shepherd arranged it so the Russians would attack the US. He wanted to start a war to "avenge" the soldiers under his command who died during the nuke in MW1. And he is doing that by starting a war between the US and Russia.
    Ahhh, ok. I knew it had to do with the nuke, but wasn't quite sure how it all played out.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009

There you go

Which map is this?

I got a 22 run kill streak this morning.

:D

Sheep on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck yeah, unlocked the M4 Red dot and RPD

shit is on!

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not sure if it will still be up there when anyone sees this, but the deals.ebay.com mystery deal today is COD MW2 for 40 dollars.

http://deals.ebay.com/deals

I was in my Partnership Tax class and had to bust out my credit card to order this shit ASAP. Can't pass up a deal like that.

hjparcins on
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

TACTICAL NUKE

Which map is this?

I got a 22 run kill streak this morning.

:D

Don't know the name of the map and have never played it. I actually haven't played a lot of the maps yet D:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Going to add the meta tag right now but if anyone wants to add me then please feel free.

GT : Ink Pouch

I recently purged my friends list of the random players I have met and would love to fill it up with some friendly PA people.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Installing to my 360 and calling the duties.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The map in question is Rust.

It's basically Shipment 2.0 with a hell of a lot more vertical.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hjparcins wrote: »
    Not sure if it will still be up there when anyone sees this, but the deals.ebay.com mystery deal today is COD MW2 for 40 dollars.

http://deals.ebay.com/deals

I was in my Partnership Tax class and had to bust out my credit card to order this shit ASAP. Can't pass up a deal like that.

wtf has changed to some HP printer now :/

John Matrix on
  • RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Question about story..
    What's a commercial airliner doing flying over a warzone (D.C.)?

Rivulent on
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man Hans Zimmer phoned it in on this one. What a terrible score. Not even one reoccurring theme. Sounds like the unused stuff from the Rock.

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm not sure which version to get. I want to play with PA, but I want to see how good the game looks on my new PC. Decisions, decisions...

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    From what I've heard so far, I'm inclined to agree. It all sounds like the typical overly dramatic military-esque score. I don't doubt that Zimmer is laughing all the way to the bank on this one, I bet he wrote his fee on a piece of paper and they paid every penny.

John Matrix on
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    The map in question is Rust.

It's basically Shipment 2.0 with a hell of a lot more vertical.

The vertical in this game makes me love it.

It's a bitch when the other team has a good strangle on the roofs but with a good team it's not a problem.

Anyone know the reward for the final prestige is yet?

Sheep on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Neat, I got stuck in some geometry in a spec ops mission. After 10 minutes. That's fun.

Fats on
    edited November 2009
    Fats wrote: »
    Neat, I got stuck in some geometry in a spec ops mission. After 10 minutes. That's fun.

Is it just me or are you guys getting stuck on other players as well? I thought CoD4 kinda let you pass through your own team just a bit. Kinda like TF2. Keeps you from getting stuck between a player who isn't moving and level geometry.

I have constant issues with people getting either in front or behind me and getting me killed because they won't move and I don't remember that being a problem in CoD4.

Of course, the imminent switch to hardcore will solve that problem with a knife to anyone dumb enough to not recognize that me furiously backtracking and cursing means TROUBLE AHEAD.

Sheep on
  • SploozooSploozoo Grillaface Richmond VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone having trouble connecting online on PS3?

Sploozoo on
    Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am right now. I didn't have this problem last night though.

Shaggy on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man Hans Zimmer phoned it in on this one. What a terrible score. Not even one reoccurring theme. Sounds like the unused stuff from the Rock.

Yeah, they're all fairly tame and crappy.

I was expecting something much better, but it was really phoned in. Like you said, unused in the Rock.
    Oh man, just finished SP, talk about crazy all the way through.

However I did have a question regarding the ending
    These spoilers are basically for the end of the game, so be warned
    Why did Shepard kill Roach and Ghost? Did I miss something? He obviously wasn't working with Makarov.
    He HIRED Makarov. That's the whole thing. Shepherd arranged it so the Russians would attack the US. He wanted to start a war to "avenge" the soldiers under his command who died during the nuke in MW1. And he is doing that by starting a war between the US and Russia.
    Ahhh, ok. I knew it had to do with the nuke, but wasn't quite sure how it all played out.

Slight correction there:
    He didn't do it for revenge, as he obviously doesn't give two shits about his men, evidenced by the final level when he brings the hammer down on them, not to mention murders them in order to achieve his goals.

What he did do it for is the fact that all of his men died, and nobody gave a fuck. So in order to wake people out of apathy, he orchestrated a world war in order to get everyone to be a "patriot" and "enlist" and be "proactive".

It gives his character some modicum of depth as that is a real problem that we, as a global society, face today.

BlackDove on
    edited November 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    I am kinda hoping that hackers have a lot of success getting past VAC. It might force them to put dedicated server support back in.

So it went from slightly understandable indignation to simply hoping that griefers ruin the game for everyone.

Classy.

Sheep on