As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Steampunk: Demons Win, Ship Destroyed

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    It didn't help that I was basically forced to pick seer targets blindly thanks to a lack of information.

Uhhh wut.

You wanted seering info to decide your seering targets or something? :lol:

I don't see what lack of information could possibly do for a seer.

More along the lines of 'I'm still not very good at this game and can't really suspect anyone so I need someone else to help deduce'.

So yeah. I suck at being seer.

Naw, I mean more that firing blindly is still effective as a seer.

Compared to pretty much any other special.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    so the lone suicide android bomber theory was correct...

No, it wasn't. I was the same as kuhlmeye. We just had to collect 5 organs, and that's all I knew when you guys killed me.

You probably should have said something like that in the thread.

Also, I was right about there being a solo mafia bomber, but turns out it was arivia. But she was roleblocked which led to the confusion with ST.

Savant on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the village really helped this game end quickly.

Dunadan019 on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

No, it wasn't. I was the same as kuhlmeye. We just had to collect 5 organs, and that's all I knew when you guys killed me.

forgive me. i said this having not yet read the role PMs... i went completely by the proboards.

to the mafia: was it intentional to lock down the third bomber the night after the robot died? so that people like me would notice the trend and search for robots?

if not, very lucky. if so, well done.

edit: savant, you and i are an analytic force to be reckoned with. had we ever got together and brainstormed, we could have figured this mess out.

next time, savant. next time.

psolms on
    edited November 2009

forgive me. i said this having not yet read the role PMs... i went completely by the proboards.

to the mafia: was it intentional to lock down the third bomber the night after the robot died? so that people like me would notice the trend and search for robots?

8-)

Dunadan019 on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good game Burnage.

I guess I was actually a healer, and just REALLY unlucky with my targets. Pretty much made me ineffective though since I didn't want to risk hurting a good.

This was also my first time coming in as a reserve. It is more difficult then I thought. I can't imagine coming in later then day 2.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
    edited November 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

8-)

then i tip my hat to you sir. perfect execution.

psolms on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Good game Burnage.

I guess I was actually a healer, and just REALLY unlucky with my targets. Pretty much made me ineffective though since I didn't want to risk hurting a good.

This was also my first time coming in as a reserve. It is more difficult then I thought. I can't imagine coming in later then day 2.

What was your theory that you wanted to test, by the way?

Burnage on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dammit guys, I wanted to be 2 for 2 on Burnage Phallas.

Also, eerie coincidence - the game ends and my local wi-fi feeder just came back online so I have internet at home on an actual computer for the first time since the game began.

So question to the village - Was I ever seered or guarded or did you all just not believe me at any point?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited November 2009
    Ringo wrote: »

Also, eerie coincidence - the game ends and my local wi-fi feeder just came back online so I have internet at home on an actual computer for the first time since the game began.

So question to the village - Was I ever seered or guarded or did you all just not believe me at any point?

I believed you.

Dunadan019 on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I believed you.

Hehe, yeah, we totally believed you...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited November 2009

I believed you.

And theirs was the belief that mattered.

Burnage on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    By the way, congratulations to me!!

First phalla win!!

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    From the outside looking in (didnt have the time to play in this one) this was a crazy game to follow. Amazingly fun to read though, even had a buddy of mine at work reading the narrations. The genital mutilations were amusing, but a high point for us watching was when a heart was stolen without killing the victim :P

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited November 2009
    Kias wrote: »
    From the outside looking in (didnt have the time to play in this one) this was a crazy game to follow. Amazingly fun to read though, even had a buddy of mine at work reading the narrations. The genital mutilations were amusing, but a high point for us watching was when a heart was stolen without killing the victim :P

Glad to hear people enjoyed it!

I... really didn't consider the actual ramifications of Kuhlmeye stealing a dude's heart when he sent the order in. I was all "Oh hey this is a completely normal event", I suppose.

Burnage on
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

I... really didn't consider the actual ramifications of Kuhlmeye stealing a dude's heart when he sent the order in. I was all "Oh hey this is a completely normal event", I suppose.

Oh Burnage, you're so charmingly jaded

LoserForHireX on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I believed you.

And theirs was the belief that mattered.
    So here is a bit of meta food for the thought based on microgate.

So we know that jdarksun, Arivia, Typhus733, Toxic Toys, enlightenedbum, ringo and Varcayn are our mechanics. Of those Micro confirmed that Typhus733 is one of the +4. The other(I assume) wasn't very active on day one. I'll rule out Jdark since he's spreadsheeting and following the game(for the most part). And Ringo's shitty reveal means he's probably our sabetor.

Post counts on day one from our suspects.

Arivia - 2
    Toxic Toys - 4
    Ebum - 9
    Varcayn - 2

I'd guess that Arivia or Varcayn is our other +4 repair. Probably Arivia.

Apparently my reveal sucked so I must be evil :P

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Duna, why did you never try and get it on with the Gumpwork

Boo you for not getting involved with us

I thought about it.

I thought about selling out Kay when wildpantha died but rejected it.

I thought about trying to make a case against psolms saying that the +2 repair went away at the same time the +2 damages started.

but I figured the village would eat itself if I let them.

Oh man, I wish you would have sold out kay when wildpantha died, because that would have totally implicated you. It was me and FWD that fucked up and got wildpantha killed, not Kay.

So can you please explain to me what exactly led to my untimely demise? I was starting to believe that I was invincible since I was operating without a heart and all.

Great game Burnage, I laughed for a good bit whenever you wrote that the reason I was still alive was "SCIENCE!"
    You are Orpheus Airblitzer, Dream Pilot and member of the Army of Common Men and Women.

Pilot: Should the current pilot die, you will automatically take over control of the Phallae, allowing it to continue flying well beyond its normal limitations.

And just so everyone knows, this actually was an ability. I wasn't just a deranged lunatic trying to get Ringo to step aside or die.

Well maybe deranged, but I actually had reasons!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kay, why did you kill me!? Gahh, I had such a fun role. Essentially copy abilities.... by day four, when I'd have completed my primary condition, I'd have been so powerful. *sniff*, such glory that I missed...

Kind of a big loss for me though, I didn't complete any of my objectives :(.

Thanks for running Burnage! It was delightfully entertaining, as always.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited November 2009

I thought about it.

I thought about trying to make a case against psolms saying that the +2 repair went away at the same time the +2 damages started.

Oh man, I wish you would have sold out kay when wildpantha died, because that would have totally implicated you. It was me and FWD that fucked up and got wildpantha killed, not Kay.

So can you please explain to me what exactly led to my untimely demise? I was starting to believe that I was invincible since I was operating without a heart and all.

FWD and I were discussing who he should kill the night you and Speed Racer were first injured, and I said I thought you were suspicious but didn't know anything about Speed Racer either way. He said he was going to kill Speed Racer and I said that was fine, and a bit after that you contacted me. I forwarded this info to Zandracon but forgot to mention anything to FWD because I thought he was killing Speed RAcer.

FWD was roleblocked that night, and you and Speed Racer were still injured. I was distracted by the Zandracon stuff and forgot to bring your reveal up to him, and FWD decided to kill you instead of him but didn't tell me. I thought he was going to try to off Speed Racer again instead of you, but Whoops, you got shanked.

Savant on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Good game Burnage.

What was your theory that you wanted to test, by the way?

The people that I was trying to heal kept dying. So myself and a few others had a theory that I was a reverse healer. you know burnage phalla

So I kept trying to target unwounded/incapacitated players to see if I could confirm it. Unfortunately they kept dying or I'd get tentacled.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This was an incredibly fun game, although it sure did suck being continually tentacle raped and punched and strangled.

So exactly was this "REAL MAN" fellow anyways. He was kind of a dick.

Ebfan on
    edited November 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »

That would have been

Hugo Stiglitz, AKA TehSloth.

Burnage on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I thought about it.

FWD and I were discussing who he should kill the night you and Speed Racer were first injured, and I said I thought you were suspicious but didn't know anything about Speed Racer either way. He said he was going to kill Speed Racer and I said that was fine, and a bit after that you contacted me. I forwarded this info to Zandracon but forgot to mention anything to FWD because I thought he was killing Speed RAcer.

FWD was roleblocked that night, and you and Speed Racer were still injured. I was distracted by the Zandracon stuff and forgot to bring your reveal up to him, and FWD decided to kill you instead of him but didn't tell me. I thought he was going to try to off Speed Racer again instead of you, but Whoops, you got shanked.

Ahhhh ... oh well.

Yeah, and TehSloth, boo hiss

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited November 2009
    burn, can you name the people who got their tertiary win condition?

or more specifically, just comment on my poetry... :P

psolms on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

That would have been

Dammit TehSloth. Not cool.

Ebfan on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    burn, can you name the people who got their tertiary win condition?

or more specifically, just comment on my poetry... :P

Not me; I never managed to get my poison upgraded.

Darian on
  • JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So yeah, my one chance to actually guard someone useful (kuhlmeye) appears to have been for naught what with the hundreds of tentacle blocks, and I was never in any network to speak of. Kay, sorry for suspecting you were converted, in retrospect it was kind of a dumb idea that post restrictions alone would signal being mafia. I just didn't have much to go on this game.

JustPlainPavek on
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I apologize to whomever I killed by virtue of being masoned to him.

I'm still curious as to where that bandwagon came from.

Edith Upwards on
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Me saying "Hey guys, i'm not the mafia. But i am a robot that's taking your organs for some unknown purpose" probably wouldn't have gone over well...

Good job with the win demons and thanks for running the game Burnage.

ShadowThomas on
    edited November 2009

Me saying "Hey guys, i'm not the mafia. But i am a robot that's taking your organs for some unknown purpose" probably wouldn't have gone over well...

all you had to say was this:

"Yes, i am a robot. But we are not responsible for the bombs."

you wouldnt have to go into details.

psolms on
    edited November 2009

You could have done that after the vote close, instead of calling us meatbags.

Savant on
    edited November 2009

You could have done that after the vote close, instead of calling us meatbags.

and had you done that, no one would have outed kuhl to the thread following his super heal, which means that the mafia wouldnt have found him so easily, thus protecting your mason.

psolms on
    edited November 2009
    and had you done that, no one would have outed kuhl to the thread following his super heal, which means that the mafia wouldnt have found him so easily, thus protecting your mason.

there are so many times that the village could have done something smart but instead didn't that you can't really blame one person for this loss....

Dunadan019 on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure I got my Teritary win, and I know Sloth did too.

Delmain on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

That would have been

Dammit TehSloth. Not cool.

Mwahahahaha!

Sorry about that, just needed to off one of you hoity-toity types and I my original target was Psolms, but then I kinda thought he had some good ideas about who the baddies were. Figured I should go for someone else that seemed like they would either be a robot or a noble.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Apologies for not linking up with the networks sooner , unfortunately my role wasn't one that seemed like it would lend itself to say "Hey we have that lesbian dominatrix on our side! Yay!" instead I figured it would be

"wait..you're named after Jack the Ripper and you don't have a serial killer motive? I think you're bsing us."

Egos on
  • hotranhotran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for an extremely entertaining game, Burnage. I feel like I was a bit over my head starting out in it, but very fun.

hotran on
    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ahh, Intresting game. Too bad we where so close to losing.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah burnage, thanks for running it.

I'm kind of upset that I got injured and killed in such rapid succession. If I could've stalled death for one more day I might've made it out alive.

Or did I actually get seered as Gumpy claimed?

garroad_ran on