As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Job Search/Drug Test

juggerbotjuggerbot NebraskaRegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Last Friday I had two interviews at two different employers. Both went well. One hired me on the spot, the other said they would call me to schedule another interview.

Both had me take a drug test, which I did the same day. One was saliva, the other urine. They said the results would take 3 days. Here I am a week later, neither has called. I tried calling one, but no one answered when the operator connected me to both the HR department, and the office of the person who actually hired me.

My question is, if you fail a drug test, is it common practice for them to call you and tell you, or just forget you existed? Also, I have never touched a drug in my life. I don't even know what most look like, or how to get them.

juggerbot on

• Options
    HiredGunHiredGun Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If you failed the drug test and the employer decided not to hire you on that basis, they would at least call you and tell you that you're not hired. There's no reason they would simply start ignoring you and avoiding your calls.

Try getting in touch on Monday. Everything is probably okay.

HiredGun on