As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• ThisguyThisguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my girlfriend killed me

ghost postin'

Thisguy on
    3445ifd.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Underdog wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    GungHo wrote: »
    Mormons dance. Just not with you.

My sister has told me horror stories of going to a Mormon dance.

Like...? Is it super boring or something?

It's very depressing and melodramatic and full of weird restrictions and requirements.

It's basically the opposite of what dancing is supposed to be.

Incenjucar on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm super glad I didn't try and contact my ex right now; instead I'm posting on D&D since I'm definitely drunk enough have attempted it. Anyway, how's your sex life D&D?

that took way longer to type than it should have.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It's very depressing and melodramatic and full of weird restrictions and requirements.

Sounds like it needed Kevin Bacon

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Sounds like it needed Kevin Bacon

Indeed - his ability to switch between his two settings ("Serious Asskicking" and "LET'S DAAAANCE") at the drop of a hat would have ensured that that party got started right.

KalTorak on
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I "dated" a mormon girl for two weeks. By "dated" I mean a two week long cock-tease. She had a fantastic body, but even my hormone crazed 16 year-old self knew it was a lost cause.

I dated a Jehovah's Witness. It was a learning experience.

Slider on
  • SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Augh, speaking of crazy mormon stories. (Warning: My opinion is biased, I hate mormonism. Lots of mormon bashing. Arguing with me will not change my mind so don't start)

My wife and I started dating when we were 18/17, her mom (the crazy bitch that she is) was really cool about our relationship, even when we got to the "We're going upstairs now for obvious reasons" stage, she encouraged it. She was still crazy but it was okay at the time.

Then, one day right out of left field BAM, they're mormon, the entire family has converted. I find out they actually used to be mormon growing up and their mother had suddenly decided she missed the religion after cutting them off for cutting her off (Long story short, her exhusband turned out to be very unstable so like any good social gathering, the rumours flew around everywhere). This suddenly means that I can no longer stay over (it's her rules okay) and my wife and I can no longer spend time together alone, at all. Someone needs to be in the same room. Mind, the day before had been all happy-gropey satisfying to my teenage hormones so this throws me through a loop.

Worst of all my wife totally agrees with this :(

Okay, I love her, I've decided this by this time and I'll try out this mormon thing for her, we start out okay, I'm not too fond of religion but somehow they start getting me to believe as they convert me. I'm not entirely sure how either but they do.

I get baptized, it's all happy and then the pressure lays on. I start getting pressured (while halfway through college) to suddenly save up all my money and go on a mission (ie: I go to some city chosen by Utah for 2 years and bug the locales into joining mormonism. This is all on my dime too). I start getting pressured to spend all my extra time at church events, I don't have much extra time as it is, I don't want to be at the church. Throw on top that my hormones are pestering the fuck out of me I suddenly start to see all the flaws with this religion I've been converted to.

I drop out and thankfully my wife agrees with my views (she comes forward and admits her views which happen to coincide with mine, I don't pressure her). We haven't looked back since.

edit: Oh, bad, biast things and slander as promised:
    - The religion is sexist, men get everything while women are lucky to get into heaven (they must be married to a man or no go for them)
    - The religion is selfish, they don't donate to charity or pay their ministers yet are one of the most profitable churches in North America
    - The people I met mostly consist of members who constantly have that false "Too Friendly" feeling, like they're constantly putting on an act
    - The people I met are horrible horrible rumour mongers.
    - This is the biggest chastity religion I've ever met, I felt like I was in the early 1900's. You have to court ladies and they can't date without their fathers permission etc. Also, the minister gave me an hour talk just because he suspected my wife and I were fooling around (we were, but I played him off, jackass)
    - Lots of feeling of shame and 'you have to do this' really didn't sit well with me

Sipex on
  • AlphaSnowAlphaSnow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A couple of stories here.

Crazy ex 1:

I dated a girl once who on our first date spends near enough the entire time telling me how much her friends didn't like me and that I'd need to convince them I was a good guy if I wanted to be with her. Oh, and no sex before marriage because she didn't want to be used by a guy and then tossed aside.

I told her a few days later that I didn't want to pursue things any further, leading to a rant in the middle of the street about how her friends were right about me and what a dick I was for not being committed to the 'relationship'.

Crazy ex 2:

I also once got together with a really hot girl for a couple of months, who broke up with me since I wasn't religious and in her words, “didn't love Jesus”. This wouldn't have been that much of a crazy ex story if not for the fact she regularly invoked the booty call, then came out as bisexual to everyone. Then started dating a small butch woman for a couple of years, broke up with her. Got back in touch with me, asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner as friends, then the next week called me to tell me that she loved me but we couldn't even be friends because I reminded her of the bad times in her life.

She was also fond of texting me in the middle of the night, claiming she meant to text another one of her friends, then ask me since I was up anyway if I'd mind calling her to 'catch up'.

AlphaSnow on
  • chris66chris66 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I went on a blind date to this chick's house. When I got there we chilled etc. We were drinking a few beers while she was bar b que'ing. Her friend dropped by and her and I sat on the couch talking etc. Everything seemed to go fine until my so-called date started asking me about my ex-girlfriends which I thought was strange. She asked me if I ever cheated on any of them to which I responded "well that's kind of a loaded question". She said in a terse tone "well, either you did or you didn't. Which is it?". Her friend looked at me with a look like "uh oh, you're on your own here"....being at a bit of a loss for words I said jokingly " well, if the sex sucks what choice do I really have?" WRONG ANSWER! The chick looked at me and hurled a pair of bar b que tongs at me hitting me in the side of the head. After about 30 seconds of stunned silence, I thanked her for the beer and said good night.

chris66 on
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    AlphaSnow wrote: »
    I dated a girl once who on our first date spends near enough the entire time telling me how much her friends didn't like me and that I'd need to convince them I was a good guy if I wanted to be with her.
    :whistle: If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, Make it last forever friendship never ends, If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give, Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is. :whistle:

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT WHAT YOU REALLY REALLY WANT

(sorry, I had to)

Spacemilk on
    edited November 2009
    Crazy date tipoff #572: She bases her standards off a spice girls song.

Sipex on
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has it come up that everyone here who posted a story is probably the crazy boyfriend or girlfriend

Seta 3000 on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    chris66 wrote: »
    I went on a blind date to this chick's house. When I got there we chilled etc. We were drinking a few beers while she was bar b que'ing. Her friend dropped by and her and I sat on the couch talking etc. Everything seemed to go fine until my so-called date started asking me about my ex-girlfriends which I thought was strange. She asked me if I ever cheated on any of them to which I responded "well that's kind of a loaded question". She said in a terse tone "well, either you did or you didn't. Which is it?". Her friend looked at me with a look like "uh oh, you're on your own here"....being at a bit of a loss for words I said jokingly " well, if the sex sucks what choice do I really have?" WRONG ANSWER! The chick looked at me and hurled a pair of bar b que tongs at me hitting me in the side of the head. After about 30 seconds of stunned silence, I thanked her for the beer and said good night.

How the hell is asking if you've cheated on any of your exs a loaded question? Unless you mean people who have cheated are not going to tell the truth.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
    edited November 2009
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Has it come up that everyone here who posted a story is probably the crazy boyfriend or girlfriend

No but you should actually try reading the thread. If Thomales is crazy he certainly isn't as crazy as his ex wife because he didn't attack her with a sword or beat her over the head with a snow globe. (Hint: she did those things to him)

CommunistCow on
    edited November 2009

No but you should actually try reading the thread. If Thomales is crazy he certainly isn't as crazy as his ex wife because he didn't attack her with a sword or beat her over the head with a snow globe. (Hint: she did those things to him)

Indeed

-1 for trying to be an arse

Sipex on
    edited November 2009
    Sipex wrote: »

Indeed

-1 for trying to be an arse

I didn't realize I was being scored on my performance

Seta 3000 on
    edited November 2009

How the hell is asking if you've cheated on any of your exs a loaded question? Unless you mean people who have cheated are not going to tell the truth.

? How the hell is it not a loaded question? A chick you've never met before asks you this out of the blue...what is she implying if anything? She is deinitely not making casual conversation out of a question like that now is she?

chris66 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I wouldn't say I'm crazy, I'd say that there was a period in my life in which I was lacking wisdom.

Thomamelas on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I wouldn't say I'm crazy, I'd say that there was a period in my life in which I was lacking wisdom.

To be fair, unless you divorced her the first sign that she was violently crazy, you actually do qualify, as one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a totally different outcome.

The Muffin Man on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

? How the hell is it not a loaded question? A chick you've never met before asks you this out of the blue...what is she implying if anything? She is deinitely not making casual conversation out of a question like that now is she?

Uh, it's actually not that crazy. Your response was though.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

There's nothing explicitly forbidding dancing in the Mormon faith. It is kind of weird that his date dumped him to hang out with a bunch of her friends.

Really, what it boils down to is that she could dance if she wants to, but she'd have to leave her friends behind.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited November 2009

There's nothing explicitly forbidding dancing in the Mormon faith. It is kind of weird that his date dumped him to hang out with a bunch of her friends.

Really, what it boils down to is that she could dance if she wants to, but she'd have to leave her friends behind.

If I hadn't been traumatized the last time I did, I would be reporting this post for awesome.

Fuck it. I'm doing it anyway.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Well yeah, but her friends don't dance and if they don't dance than they're no friends of hers.

The Muffin Man on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

Well come on. His response was far from crazy. Sure, it was in pretty poor taste to respond with mocking, especially when the girl seemed really serious about getting a truthful answer. Throwing a pair of tongs at someone you've just met because they won't be serious is pretty solidly crazy. That's just not acceptable behaviour.

I agree the question wasn't crazy though. It's important for some people to know, especially in light of a possible romance.

Underdog on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

On a first, blind date? Kinda weird to just bust out with that.

Oh, and I reported the awesomeness. I have no problem being lambasted by the Awesome Forum, as its a universal condition there.

Raynaga on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

If, 30 minutes after meeting someone, that someone asked me if I've cheated, I'd walk away. That's the tip of the iceberg.

Renzo on
    edited November 2009

Well come on. His response was far from crazy. Sure, it was in pretty poor taste to respond with mocking, especially when the girl seemed really serious about getting a truthful answer. Throwing a pair of tongs at someone you've just met because they won't be serious is pretty solidly crazy. That's just not acceptable behaviour.

I agree the question wasn't crazy though. It's important for some people to know, especially in light of a possible romance.

I don't know... throwing the tongs is definitely crazy. But saying that you'll cheat if the sex sucks on a first date, that may not be crazy as much as it is stupid. I mean, unless there was zero interest at that point, in which case screw it, say whatever you want.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited November 2009
    "Have you ever cheated on someone?" is an important and valid question, but its also a pretty awkward thing to ask on what is basically a first date.

"Do you have any STDs?" or "Are there any outstanding warrants for your arrest?" are a pretty important questions, but they're not the type of question you ask directly after "Hey, what's your name?"

*edit* Saying you'll cheat if the sex is bad is also grossly inappropriate and also kind of disturbingly forthright. I hope there was a really awkward silence after the question and response, in which case you're basically living in a bad romantic comedy.

PotatoNinja on
    edited November 2009
    I agree, first date is not the time to ask the "have you ever cheated" question. Although a lot of that depends on how it's asked.

Obviously considering she asked it and threw tongs when she got the answer she did, cheating was a pretty salient issue for her.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I agree, first date is not the time to ask the "have you ever cheated" question. Although a lot of that depends on how it's asked.

Obviously considering she asked it and threw tongs when she got the answer she did, cheating was a pretty salient issue for her.

Also she was fucking crazy.

Renzo on
    edited November 2009
    Renzo wrote: »

See, I don't think asking if someone cheated on the first date falls into the fucking crazy catagory. For me, it's not even close.

Perhaps a bit idiosyncratic, but a far country mile from crazy.

Of course, that belief is then completely invalidated by her throwing Bar-B-Q tongs at him in the middle of their first blind date.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

To be fair, unless you divorced her the first sign that she was violently crazy, you actually do qualify, as one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a totally different outcome.

Abusive relationships tend to be a little more complicated.

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas' signature really shines through in this thread, I think

Seta 3000 on
    edited November 2009

See, I don't think asking if someone cheated on the first date falls into the fucking crazy catagory. For me, it's not even close.

Of course, that belief is then completely invalidated by her throwing Bar-B-Q tongs at him in the middle of their first blind date.

I envision it like I said earlier, a bad romantic comedy. She asks an awkward question and the party falls silent, everyone looking for an answer. There's a long pause.

Our plucky hero, not realizing the danger he is in, shrugs. "Uh, well, no not normally, but if the sex was really terrible maybe."

Long pause.

Longer pause. Nobody says anything. Her eyebrows start to twitch uncontrollably.

She lets out a berserker yell, the entire party recoils in horror. BBQ sandwhiches fly through the air in terror, what is she going to do? In a fit of pure rage, she grasps the nearest weapon she can. Tongs.

She flings her tongs mightily, inflicting a grevious BBQ stain upon our unfortunate hero. She storms off in a fit of righteous rage, her suspicions vindicated.

I don't know if the actual event transpired anything like that, but I'm going to pretend it did because that makes it better.

PotatoNinja on
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas' signature really shines through in this thread, I think

?

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2009

This. Also have you guys ever considered that she could have just gotten out of a relationship where she was cheated on and was hurt by this? If I found out my long term gf was cheating on me and i broke up with her and started dating other people then I probably would ask this question. I just probably wouldn't ask it in front of a group of other people. Lack of tact != crazy.

CommunistCow on
    edited November 2009

I guess when it comes to women, thinking quickly on my feet is not something I excel at. What can I say?

chris66 on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I too have been to a mormon dance.

They challenged me to break dance battle.

I'm not kidding.

Sceptre on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    As mentioned here previously, I tended to be "comfort food" for women. They'd date a guy, the guy would turn out to be a gigantic douche, so they'd call me only to dump me when another gigantic douche came a courtin.

This one in particular eventually started getting on my nerves. A friend of hers set us up and got our phone numbers to each other. We talked on the phone pretty regularly for the week before she was moving back into town.

First date was great. We started making out a bit on the couch before the night was over and I thought everything was going good.

Well, things started getting awkward. Like the excitement was already over for her. We went on a few more dates and had made plans to go for sushi. Well, my parents wanted to treat me to sushi for my birthday so I invited her along. It wasn't a "Meet the Parents" thing in the sense that it was planned, but we had already made plans an my parents wanted to take that night to treat me since we often times don't get to have dinner together.

That "weirded" her out. She didn't want to be "meeting my parents" so soon. I guess I understand it to a degree. I think she had this idea of how dating happens. Guy meets girl, they go out on a date, go out on another date, first kiss, etc etc.

Eventually I tried to set up another date with her and couldn't get her to commit to it. So I just told her hey, if something's wrong then tell me so we can save each others time and handle it up front. She tells me she thinks we were moving too fast ("WE MADE OUT ON OUR FIRST DATE!") and the parents thing. Problem is I never put any pressure. I made a move to kiss her, she kissed back. The sushi thing was "Well my parents are gonna be there. It won't be awkward, they're laid back. Don't want to go? Aw, that sucks. You sure? Oh, okay. Great then".

I don't think I gave her the impression of being a dick or heavy handed, so if she felt that way then it was a misunderstanding on her end.

Anyway, we "break up". About two months later she starts texting me. I figured I'd give it another shot. We go to a few bars, have a REALLY good time and at one point I lean in and ask her all suave, "You seem like you're a bit more comfortable with me now". She smiles real big and says she is. Night ends pretty well.

The next day we're just hanging out and I get that vibe again and she lays something weird on me. "Will you hold it against me that I've had sex with a black guy?"

I gave her kind of a bewildered stare. Uh, no. I won't "hold it against you". Things fall flat again, we "break up" again, and I figured I won't have anything to do with her anymore.

About seven months go by and I get a text from her. I text back and we have some conversations from time to time. It went from "why can't I find anyone to date" to "the guy I'm dating is a jerk". He'd wake her up before he left for work for a morning BJ, come home from one, etc.

I'd tell her she wasn't obligated to do that, but she kinda brushed that off. Eventually he dumps her and she's devastated. We start hanging out again one day, but she seems to be REALLY curious as to what my brother's been up to. Always asking about him, where he is, who he's dating, etc. She was introduced to my sister who, upon parting of said girl, kinda scolded me and told me that she was trying to get to my brother through me. I agreed. I didn't return any of her calls for a few weeks.

Another couple of months go by and I get a text. "My grand dad died. I'm at the funeral home down the road from you. Can I come see you?" Being the sap that I am, I say yes. She asks if I'd like to go to a hardcore show with her. It ended up being a Christian hardcore band playing in a church. It's awkward seeing kids all decked out in trendy clothes with inappropriate clothing all cuddled up on each other in a church while some guys chugga chugga on a guitar.

I keep my distance from the girl. Don't want to get close and go through the whole process again. Awkwardness, etc. That night I cemented my position. Not gonna bother.

About a year later I get a text from her asking if we can still be friends. To sum up my response: "You're four hours away from me. Being friends is up to you. The effort is up to you. I don't care either way".

Basically I had put in the effort and was rebuffed. I'm not gonna be someone's go to guy for feeling good.

Not wildly crazy like some stories here, but more confused.

Sheep on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

This. Also have you guys ever considered that she could have just gotten out of a relationship where she was cheated on and was hurt by this? If I found out my long term gf was cheating on me and i broke up with her and started dating other people then I probably would ask this question. I just probably wouldn't ask it in front of a group of other people. Lack of tact != crazy.

Chucking shit at people for no good reason = crazy.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
This discussion has been closed.