LOTRO Kinship

CarpeDMCarpeDM Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
I probably just missed it, but is there going to be a PA kinship on LOTRO? With the Open Beta beginning tomorrow, I'm interested in finding out if a server has been selected?

CarpeDM on

Posts

  • MorskittarMorskittar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    CarpeDM wrote: »
    I probably just missed it, but is there going to be a PA kinship on LOTRO? With the Open Beta beginning tomorrow, I'm interested in finding out if a server has been selected?

    Maaaaaybe.

    Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • quadrifronsquadrifrons Registered User
    edited March 2007
    You haven't missed a thing - www.tychonia.com, a true, blue Penny Arcade Kinship for Lord of the Rings Online.

    Sign up there or email me via [email protected] and help this puppy grow!

    Thanks,

    Jeremy/Quadrifrons

    quadrifrons on
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You haven't missed a thing - www.tychonia.com, a true, blue Penny Arcade Kinship for Lord of the Rings Online.

    Sign up there or email me via [email protected] and help this puppy grow!

    Thanks,

    Jeremy/Quadrifrons

    I don't know what you've been smoking, but we have the name decided as The Barovian Society and we are set to take over Landroval.

    Veevee on
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You haven't missed a thing - www.tychonia.com, a true, blue Penny Arcade Kinship for Lord of the Rings Online.

    Sign up there or email me via [email protected] and help this puppy grow!

    Thanks,

    Jeremy/Quadrifrons

    Coming up with something all by yourself and trying to push it on everyone else, will get you sitting on a server by yourself. :|

    Aurin on
  • NisslNissl Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Aurin wrote:
    Coming up with something all by yourself and trying to push it on everyone else, will get you sitting on a server by yourself.

    Of course you can do whatever you want, but we've already been building up the Barrovian Society for a couple of weeks and we don't really want to change course at the last minute. You shoulda come in a couple weeks ago and started planning with us, it would have been fun. If you really want to do the multi-guild thing, come roll on Landroval. Don't see any PVP plans on your site requiring you go on Meneldor.

    Also, if you joined us, TBS might eventually get pretty big and spill onto your forums, no promises of course!

    Gotta admit your plans to sell non-official PA merchandise on your site, and the fact that you've never posted anything before, kinda weird me out.

    Ed.: For anyone stumbling on this thread and looking for TBS, the thread is thataway, on the G&T forums.

    Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nissl wrote: »
    Aurin wrote:
    Coming up with something all by yourself and trying to push it on everyone else, will get you sitting on a server by yourself.

    Of course you can do whatever you want, but we've already been building up the Barrovian Society for a couple of weeks and we don't really want to change course at the last minute. You shoulda come in a couple weeks ago and started planning with us, it would have been fun. If you really want to do the multi-guild thing, come roll on Landroval. Don't see any PVP plans on your site requiring you go on Meneldor.

    Also, if you joined us, TBS might eventually get pretty big and spill onto your forums, no promises of course!

    Gotta admit your plans to sell non-official PA merchandise on your site, and the fact that you've never posted anything before, kinda weird me out.

    Yeah, I was looking at that too.. seems to be a party of one, I don't understand why though. O_o Personally I think it'll be more fun to hang out whereever the majority of the PA crowd is. Landroval. :)

    Aurin on
  • quadrifronsquadrifrons Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I apologize if it seems I was contravening some unwritten rule of conduct, however I was under the apparently mistaken understanding that a Penny-Arcade guild was one made up of Penny Arcade fans and not one sanctioned or sponsored by the forum members.

    I used the forums as a mechanism to let people know it existed, however I don't see anything as official unless and until it has the proverbial seal of approval from someone directly tied to Penny Arcade.

    Despite what it may seem I've been planning this Kinship for quite some time but have been unable to build the site until the last minute because a) I have a full-time job and needed to attend to that and b) I have been doing a vast majority of my recruitment in real life and c) the idea of spawning a kinship off of Tychonia, rather than simply generating an isolated one was suggested to me by a friend, as I hadn't considered it.

    I appreciate that you guys have been planning The Barrovian society for some time, the forum thread goes to attest, I have no plans to compete with you guys or suggest we merge the two - however I think both the userbase of LotRO and the fan base of Penny-Arcade, and where those two logically intersect is a large enough group of people to support manifold Kinships.

    So, again, sorry for weirding you guys out with my disregard for convention - there are many reasons why I left these forums several years ago and I'm sorry for not performing due diligence in creating my kinship - mea culpa.

    quadrifrons on
  • NisslNissl Registered User
    edited March 2007
    So, again, sorry for weirding you guys out with my disregard for convention - there are many reasons why I left these forums several years ago and I'm sorry for not performing due diligence in creating my kinship - mea culpa.

    Sure, glad you understand. Hope none of us struck you as too hostile, you just sort of surprised us at the last minute. Good luck with the guild and see you around the forums!

    Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You haven't missed a thing - www.tychonia.com, a true, blue Penny Arcade Kinship for Lord of the Rings Online.

    Sign up there or email me via [email protected] and help this puppy grow!

    Thanks,

    Jeremy/Quadrifrons


    *NOW* it's spamming. He's done this twice that I've seen. Someone want to grab a mod's attention?

    Triple B on
    steam_sig.png XBL: FiveAgainst1
  • NisslNissl Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Triple B wrote:
    *NOW* it's spamming. He's done this twice that I've seen. Someone want to grab a mod's attention?

    Nah, his posts were all back before we had this discussion. He's put his guild on hiatus anyhow, which is a nice gesture.

    Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
Sign In or Register to comment.