As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars Gangsta Rap: Chronicles

ThomasLeeThomasLee Registered User new member
edited November 2009 in Artist's Corner
Hey all!
I've been a long time lurker of PA, and I think it's about time I joined - and to share my latest work!
Remember Star Wars Gangsta Rap all the way back in the early 2000's? Yeah I am the director / animator of Bent TV behind the nerdcore music video. Over the years, my animation skills have improved considerably, and here is the result

http://StarWarsRap.atom.com

Hope you guys like it! I know Star Wars has been done to death, so I am definitely not looking to doing anymore Star Wars stuff any time soon!

scrn1.jpg
scrn3.jpg
scrn4.jpg
scrn5.jpg
scrn6.jpg

ThomasLee on

• Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pretty funny. But this is site whoring. Post some art in here so it doesn't get locked.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow! Big fan, welcome to the boards!

I noticed the huge improvement in animation quality, so good work there! (not the mention the sick rhymes, haha)

My favorite parts are the land speeder with hydrolocs, and Lando pronouncing HAN all wrong like in the movies.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    valerycevaleryce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow, you obviously worked pretty hard on this. Do you have any formal training in animation?

The only thing that really bugged me was that the characters were always moving. One way that you can really help make an animation come more alive is to have the characters pause in a moving hold, so that they can take a 'breath.' Pauses are just as important as big accents in movement. I know of some helpful animation books/resources if you want them. :)

valeryce on
    Art Blog!
    I like drawing, cartoons, cookies, and shiny pointy objects.
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I got nothing to add but I like this quite a bit!

Agentflit on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    haha. love the michael jackson and obi-gangsta ones!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is that a blue Oola?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You've definitely gotten a ton better since the beginning. I remember the jump from the original to the special edition. The animation in the new one is a step above that.

...I really don't feel the song as much as the original, though. If you animated this one I'd be on board.

iglidante on
  • Options
    ThomasLeeThomasLee Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    Glad you guys enjoyed it!

ThomasLee on