As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

• clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think even with a tendency for smart ass comments, without knowing how someone will react to those comments, it wouldn't be wise to drop that on day 1.

On the other hand, if its a dealbreaker for her, might as well get it out of the way. Likewise, if inability to deal with smart ass comments is a dealbreaker for him, might as well get it out of the way.

Yea, tact was lacking, but he was honest with the girl at least.

clsCorwin on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't fault him too much. Mostly because I'd have made a joke too, and I wouldn't be interested in anyone without a sense of humor.

Houn on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also SE++

The difference is that H/A crucifies you for minor transgressions, SE++ doesn't need an excuse.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    chris66 wrote: »
    What would your answer have been?

Easy. "No I have never cheated on someone"
    The only reason it seems like it was a difficult question for him to answer was because his truthful answer would be "Yes".
    Houn wrote:
    I can't fault him too much. Mostly because I'd have made a joke too, and I wouldn't be interested in anyone without a sense of humor.

I'm not sure joking about a serious subject when the person obviously feels strongly about it is a great measure of sense of humor. I too value a sense of humor but I generally don't "joke" about being an inconsiderate asshole with people I don't know.
    I hope we can all agree that cheating on someone is being an "inconsiderate asshole".

Also what clsCorwin said.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • chris66chris66 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Easy. "No I have never cheated on someone"
    The only reason it seems like it was a difficult question for him to answer was because his truthful answer would be "Yes".
    Houn wrote:

I'm not sure joking about a serious subject when the person obviously feels strongly about it is a great measure of sense of humor. I too value a sense of humor but I generally don't "joke" about being an inconsiderate asshole with people I don't know.
    I hope we can all agree that cheating on someone is being an "inconsiderate asshole".

Also what clsCorwin said.

lulz

chris66 on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    "No, but I'd make an exception for you."

"Only on girls who won't stop asking about exes."

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    An ex gf of mine tried to stab me becuase I ate the last can of Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. She was on drugs come to find out. Gives a whole new view on the monster chef boyardee commercials.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    An ex gf of mine tried to stab me becuase I ate the last can of Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. She was on drugs come to find out. Gives a whole new view on the monster chef boyardee commercials.

That's awesome.

NotYou on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Not yet."

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited November 2009

lol! What? You're joking I hope.

chris66 on
    edited November 2009

Dead serious. Meth makes you crazy apparently. I moved out that night.

Capt Howdy on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009

Considering this
    f-8.jpg
    is what meth does to people, I hope she'd either just started, or you had some other signs.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited November 2009

Considering this
    f-8.jpg
    is what meth does to people, I hope she'd either just started, or you had some other signs.

She was smoking weed with her girl friends, neither knew it was laced.

Capt Howdy on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Excuse me.

Meth doesn't do that to everyone.

Look at Jodi Sweetin.

JustinSane07 on
    edited November 2009

Considering this
    f-8.jpg

Might have been PcP. Chronic use of meth can make you act that way but unless you know for sure, I'd say it was PcP. That seems to be the most popular thing to cut dope with.

chris66 on
    edited November 2009

Considering this
    f-8.jpg

Might have been PcP. Chronic use of meth can make you act that way but unless you know for sure, I'd say it was PcP. That seems to be the most popular thing to cut dope with.

I just know she went ape shit over that last can of Ravioli. Packed my stuff and left in less than 1 hour, with a cop watching. She called the cops when I said fuck you, I'm out of here. Cop shows up, she explains that I'm leaving, cop shoots me a puzzled look and explains he will stay until I'm gone and give me a ride to a friends. Awesome cop.

Capt Howdy on
    edited November 2009

Considering this
    f-8.jpg

I just know she went ape shit over that last can of Ravioli. Packed my stuff and left in less than 1 hour, with a cop watching. She called the cops when I said fuck you, I'm out of here. Cop shows up, she explains that I'm leaving, cop shoots me a puzzled look and explains he will stay until I'm gone and give me a ride to a friends. Awesome cop.

Looks like you dodged a bullet and at the very least a set of bar b que tongs.

chris66 on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not so much crazy as gross. Was seeing a guy for a few months. He lived in detached little house thing at the rear of his parents semi-rural property. Place wasn't exactly clean, but we were both 19 and some slobbishness was to be expected.

He liked computers and gadgets and shit. He bought one of those UV lamps, you know, the wacky ones that turn teeth and dandruff bright white! Hilarious! He didn't think about how they also expose otherwise invisible stains from bodily fluids, and the wall behind his couch was like a fucking jackson pollock. Shudder.

What did it was when we'd just finished eating something and I wanted to get a plate out of the way, so I went to put it on the shelf beneath his coffee table. It was covered in a small table cloth, and when I went to lift it, he said "No, don't!" So, I do, and there are a whole bunch of festering plates full of chicken bones down there. We're talking, like, ten fucking chicken skeletons.

Blarharjahrjhgahtgs.

desperaterobots on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, I do, and there are a whole bunch of festering plates full of chicken bones down there. We're talking, like, ten fucking chicken skeletons.

Had he been watching too much Girl, Interrupted?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No, I think he was just a dirty fucker.

desperaterobots on
    edited November 2009
    Not so much crazy as gross. Was seeing a guy for a few months. He lived in detached little house thing at the rear of his parents semi-rural property. Place wasn't exactly clean, but we were both 19 and some slobbishness was to be expected.

He liked computers and gadgets and shit. He bought one of those UV lamps, you know, the wacky ones that turn teeth and dandruff bright white! Hilarious! He didn't think about how they also expose otherwise invisible stains from bodily fluids, and the wall behind his couch was like a fucking jackson pollock. Shudder.

What did it was when we'd just finished eating something and I wanted to get a plate out of the way, so I went to put it on the shelf beneath his coffee table. It was covered in a small table cloth, and when I went to lift it, he said "No, don't!" So, I do, and there are a whole bunch of festering plates full of chicken bones down there. We're talking, like, ten fucking chicken skeletons.

Blarharjahrjhgahtgs.

Almost sounds like my place. Almost. I lived on my own for almost a year before I joined the army. My first week was an eye-opener. And if I never have to clean under another toilet again with a small brush I will die a happy man.

chris66 on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Reminds me of a friend of mine and also ex room mate.

Ever seen that Clean your House show or whatever on the BBC? His place is that bad. His place before we were room mates was rough. Got kicked out for being so trashy.

Me and a special lady friend had finally had our outs so I kicked her out and invited him to be my room mate on the stipulation that he cleans up after himself. Year goes by fine. Young college kids so a little mess was okay.

His just kept growing, and after about a year and six months he really let himself go. Gained about 100 pounds (already weighed at least 300), his pile of crap just kept getting bigger and bigger, so I had to have a talk with him.

He moved out. This was about three years ago. We kept in contact because we were good friends, and he comes by my place from time to time, but I don't really go by his much anymore. His place is trashed. Like crack house kinda trashed. There was what I'm assuming to be dog poop littering the floor, dozens of trashbags filled with shit.

Sheep on
  • SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yikes, our first place was pretty bad but not 'animal crap on the floor bad'.

Well, except that one summer I was working amazingly crappy overtime and my roommate decided that dealing with the overflowing litterbox meant dump litter on the floor.

I'm so glad she's gone.

Sipex on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

adytum on
    edited November 2009
    adytum wrote: »
    One of my current roommates thinks cleaning a bathroom entails spraying bleach everywhere.

Thankfully I do not share a bathroom with him.

I do however share a bathroom with one of my roommates that thinks it's a good idea to use my clippers to trim his beard without asking.

If only he knew where those clippers had been.

How do you know he doesn't know where they have been?

Capt Howdy on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So my last story before the thread ends.

A few weeks back a friend convinced me to go out dancing with her and her friends, which really wasn't that hard. Stay at home or go out with a bunch of college age girls isn't exactly a tough call. So we go to a local club and a good time is being had by all. I'm on the dance floor with Rebecka when I hear a voice calling my name. My spine stiffens as it's a voice I know well. I turn around and see my ex-wife standing there. I turn back around and take Rebecka's arm and lead her off the dance floor and away from my ex. I don't want a scene, I don't want any drama and I certainly have lost my taste for crazy.

Rebecka begins peppering me with questions when we get back to the group and I tell her who it was. A very brief explanation is given to her friends and we decide to go somewhere else. Moments later my ex is there, clearly very drunk and very much looking for a fight. She makes some snotty comments about cradle robbing on my part and begins to berate Rebecka for stealing "her" man. Never mind the fact that we had been divorced for a few years before I had met Rebecka. Rebecka starts to walk off when my ex takes a swing at her, only to stumble when she feels my hand around her wrist. I look into her eyes, and the expression on her face is that of one who is expecting me to cower in front of her. She's expecting to see fear in my eyes. The anger she saw was less expected. And I saw something I had never seen in her eyes. Fear. And I said the worst thing I could think of to an older woman who is standing in front of a number of much younger and more attractive peers.

"I hope you enjoyed your 40th birthday. "

Her friends showed up and began to pull her away with her screeching at the top of her lungs that she was going to have me arrested for bruising her wrist. Rebecka, myself and her friends left and had a good time at another club.

Thomamelas on
  • bobwalrusbobwalrus Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    Here is a question I have for those who don't mind answering (since it was vaguely mentioned but not directly addressed).

Exactly how much is appropriate on a first date? Did you ever run into a problem of say a restaurant bill that ended up being really high?

bobwalrus on
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    Reminds me of a friend of mine and also ex room mate.

Ever seen that Clean your House show or whatever on the BBC? His place is that bad. His place before we were room mates was rough. Got kicked out for being so trashy.

Me and a special lady friend had finally had our outs so I kicked her out and invited him to be my room mate on the stipulation that he cleans up after himself. Year goes by fine. Young college kids so a little mess was okay.

His just kept growing, and after about a year and six months he really let himself go. Gained about 100 pounds (already weighed at least 300), his pile of crap just kept getting bigger and bigger, so I had to have a talk with him.

He moved out. This was about three years ago. We kept in contact because we were good friends, and he comes by my place from time to time, but I don't really go by his much anymore. His place is trashed. Like crack house kinda trashed. There was what I'm assuming to be dog poop littering the floor, dozens of trashbags filled with shit.

Ok...a few years back a buddy of mine who did contracting on the side called me to ask if I wanted to help him out with a house he was renovating. I said 'sure'. He said "just to let you know, some older people lived there and the place I am told smells a bit". I say, no problem. I grab my gas mask and head over.
    Well...I was not prepared for this. None of us were. The dog was never let outside. The urine built up so much, there was dried urea crystals on the rug in three places and it had soaked through the carpet past the wood floor and into the joyce. It was one of those war-time housing deals. Anyone who has been to Ottawa would know what I am talking about. That was just the living room. the smell was so bad we had to leave the house about every ten minutes. The bedroom....oh the bedroom. A large ziploc bag full of used q-tips. When I saw that, we stopped and went to buy rubber gloves. The entire house was a medical waste nightmare which, if I mentioned, would sound hard to believe. Pulling up the carpet was like ripping damp newspaper; it was gross to say the least.
    The bright side was that everything inside was scrap. I got a solid, not lined, cedar chest and a Gibbard side table from like the 40s. All in all the place was a disaster and I ended up throwing out the jeans and shirt I wore. I never thought I'd ever see such squalid conditions. Some places I have been to in the Middle East and China were cleaner than this place.

chris66 on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Thom, why exactly do you still live in the same area?

JustinSane07 on
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So my last story before the thread ends.

And I said the worst thing I could think of to an older woman who is standing in front of a number of much younger and more attractive peers.

"I hope you enjoyed your 40th birthday. "

Ouch.

chris66 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I don't. I moved to the opposite side of the city, and Houston is a fairly big city in terms of sheer geographic size.

Thomamelas on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to report your last post as awesome, Thom, with all the other ones about your ex-wife as the context

Because seriously

After hearing all the shit that happened to you

That last post is like

Rocky triumphing awesome. Miracle on Ice awesome

Etc

Rent on
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I don't. I moved to the opposite side of the city, and Houston is a fairly big city in terms of sheer geographic size.

Ah...

Unfortunately, as I recall, most of the decent clubs are in one area, right? Thats what I recall.

Anyway, way to handle the situation like a champ. Just curious, what is the age difference between you and your ex?

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    Machismo wrote: »

Ah...

Unfortunately, as I recall, most of the decent clubs are in one area, right? Thats what I recall.

Anyway, way to handle the situation like a champ. Just curious, what is the age difference between you and your ex?

11 Years, and most of the clubs are in one area.

Thomamelas on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Machismo wrote: »

Ah...

11 Years, and most of the clubs are in one area.

That area just changes locations every couple of years. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    I'm going to report your last post as awesome, Thom, with all the other ones about your ex-wife as the context

Because seriously

That last post is like

Etc

*dusted hands* did it

Damn. Thomamelas, did you know you have like 150 posts in this thread? Goddamn dudes

Also, seeing all your crazy batshit ex-wife stories in one place- jesus christ man. Abuse is a terrible fucking thing and fucks up people's sense of rationality but good

Rent on
    edited November 2009

Because seriously

That last post is like

Etc

*dusted hands* did it

Damn. Thomamelas, did you know you have like 150 posts in this thread? Goddamn dudes

Also, seeing all your crazy batshit ex-wife stories in one place- jesus christ man. Abuse is a terrible fucking thing and fucks up people's sense of rationality but good

Do I seriously have 150 posts in this thread? I know most of them aren't stories but that's still kind of depressing.

Thomamelas on
    edited November 2009

Because seriously

That last post is like

Etc

*dusted hands* did it

Remember when Chrissy Hynde said that there was a fine line between love and hate? I think she had something there.

chris66 on
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bobwalrus wrote: »
    Here is a question I have for those who don't mind answering (since it was vaguely mentioned but not directly addressed).

Exactly how much is appropriate on a first date? Did you ever run into a problem of say a restaurant bill that ended up being really high?

This is more of a question for H/A, but since this thread will probably be closed soon, I'll throw something out there.

It's simple: What kind of girl are you taking out? Is she someone who cares more about getting to know you and less about the atmosphere or the other way around?

As in, for a first date, would she be cool with some Zaxby's (not that I'm necessarily suggesting that) or is she the type of the girl that has to go to some crazy ass 5-star restaurant where you're paying $50 a plate? You've got to know your audience. Know where you're going. Know how much the meals generally are and be prepared. Don't be a bitch if you tell the girl you're going to pay. Be a man and pay.

Conversely, hope you don't get the bitch that expects to go to that crazy ass 5-star restaurant and then orders all the most expensive stuff off the menu. Unless you've got money to blow and you just don't care. In that case, enjoy yourself, I suppose.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow! 100 pages!

Whoever made that comment in H/A about this forum having a lot of fucked up stories about relationships was right.

Someone make a new thread.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
This discussion has been closed.