As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can you tell if someone is lying?

• trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah. I hate it when cops or random people on the street make ridiculous claims like that.

"you're lucky I don't call the police!"

"For what?"

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That story was probably boring to read but it was fun to live.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    getting kicked out of georgia sounds like a good time

Knob on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    One time I worked at Subway and this lady was a jerk and a fly landed in her sub so I just closed the sub quickly with the fly in it.

Also one time the power went out so I just gave people a bunch of free subs since I couldn't ring them up.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Oh yeah the cop said that someone might shoot us if they saw us littering on their land, cause that's what the folk around there were like. They were jerks.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So we got kicked out of Georgia.

That is a pretty good one, I can't say that I have ever been kicked out of a state before.

By the by, did you use to have a different username?

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I honestly just pooped my pants a little bit.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    taco bell was the best job

all of the night crew including the managers were all pals who didn't give a shit about the job, but MOST of the time we actually did work because there were customers and stuff.

we'd get drunk as shit and this one time we melted A kids toy and a couplechoco tacos in the fryers

we accidentally flooded the lobby and tried surfing on broken down boxes for like, five minutes then lost interest

one dude worked an hour in the drive through with no pants

This is what I would guess is how it really went down.

trentsteel on

edited March 2007
    were you zerozero

or foreverzero

or foreverforever

or somehing

Knob on
    edited March 2007
    I don't believe you Captain, you're lying.

Rehab on
  • BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rehab wrote: »

truth.

Bearcat on
    edited March 2007
    Bearcat wrote: »

truth.
    Lie

Bearcat on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited March 2007
    my philosophy teacher once talked about how strange it would be if sentient computers had "truth recognition" in the same way that we have face recognition

that is to say, they can see the truth or falsity of any statement immediately, in the same way that a human can see the shape of a face where it is present immediately

it would be really weird

bongi on
    edited March 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »

all of the night crew including the managers were all pals.

we'd shit a couple tacos.

one time we accidentally flooded the boxes.

one dude worked in the drive through

That's my guess.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007

all of the night crew including the managers were all pals who didn't give a shit about the job, but MOST of the time we actually did work because there were customers and stuff.

we'd get drunk as shit and this one time we melted A kids toy and a couplechoco tacos in the fryers

we accidentally flooded the lobby and tried surfing on broken down boxes for like, five minutes then lost interest

basically

but the fryers were a constant source of amusement

anything that might be neat to fry went in that thing

some idiot's hat, an orange, an entire bag of food, multitudes of kid's toys

and the naked guy lasted an entire shift, but was only in the drive through for a little bit

mostly he was in the back fucking with the sprayer and playing with knives

Knob on
    edited March 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    my philosophy teacher once talked about how strange it would be if sentient computers had "truth recognition" in the same way that we have face recognition

that is to say, they can see the truth or falsity of any statement immediately, in the same way that a human can see the shape of a face where it is present immediately

it would be really weird
    Lie

Bearcat on
    edited March 2007
    Knob is right

Now and forever

Zero

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited March 2007

truth.
    Lie

Nope, its totally true. In fact, I have yet to do anything about it and now its starting to itch.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    one time I jerked off

Kusuguttai on
    edited March 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    one time I jerked off

Half truth.

Bearcat on
    edited March 2007
    One time at Subway, I was working alone, and I really had to shit, so I waited until there were no customers and went in the bathroom, and when I came out there was a line and I came out of the bathroom sweating and they were all staring and that was really awkward

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    one thousand times I have jerked off

Half truth.
    this is more like it

Kusuguttai on
  • I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

hahaha ooh god I can't stop laughing.

also, i had a debate teacher that will get arrested if he ever sets foot in Oregon again

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
    edited March 2007
    There are new trailers for Transformers

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/vids_1.html

True

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I have a cousin who has a BB gun bullet in his head from an accident that happened later that night after his confirmation. Him and his brother were messing around with BB guns that they thought were unloaded but they were pumping them as they were fake shooting at each other. Or so they thought, as when one of the guns being held was pumped a bullet actually went into the chamber and this guy ended up shooting his own brother in the head. The entry point was right below the eye and I didn't even see this happen but I suddenly heard a loud yell coming from the hallway adjacent to the room I was in. As I ran over there I saw my cousin lying on the ground, hands over his face, everyone else standing around in shock. Someone in the room just five minutes earlier said that they should stop what they were doing because it was retarded. Out of all the relatives and other people that were present I was actually the confirmation sponsor of the guy who just got shot.

Anyway, later on it was found out that the bullet could not be removed because it was too close to my cousins brain and going into surgery could possibly kill him. So from that point on, it has remained there. Years later, he is in a class and the instructor is showing X-Rays of various accidents and using them as examples of what you should absolutely not be doing. The X-Rays were things varying from broken bones to some really strange accidents. One of them happened to be someone who had a BB gun bullet lodged in their head.

Rehab on
    edited March 2007
    i love using the my firend is a zombie one because very few people belive it.

we were in newspaper class, and we did a thing (god knows why) where you get into a group of 3 and tell 2 truths and a lie.

the redheadded girl in our group said "i have red hair"
    i said "i've been to canada"
    and my friend said "i'm a zombie"

i have not been to canada.

and my friend was pronounced medically dead shortly after he was born.

after a LONG time of being dead, he just woke up for no reason.

so now he's a zombie

edited March 2007
    Dammit. I want to say things about all THREE of the last posts but it's too much.

trentsteel on

edited March 2007
    Dammit. I want to say things about all THREE of the last posts but it's too much.

lie.

what's too much now?

edited March 2007
    commie wrote: »
    i love using the my firend is a zombie one because very few people belive it.

we were in newspaper class, and we did a thing (god knows why) where you get into a group of 3 and tell 2 truths and a lie.

the redheadded girl in our group said "i have red hair"
    i said "i've been to canada"
    and my friend said "i'm a zombie"

i have not been to canada.

and my friend was pronounced medically dead shortly after he was born.

after a LONG time of being dead, he just woke up for no reason.

so now he's a zombie

if this is actually true you can stop him by removing the head or destroying the brain.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007
    commie wrote: »

lie.

what's too much now?

I want to say things about all three posts cause I believe them...even the Transformers one even though I can't see it cause I'm at work.

trentsteel on

edited March 2007
    I'm pretty skeptic about your post commie but that is one of those stories that is so weird that it must be true.

Rehab on
    edited March 2007
    Also, the person from my story had a real interesting experience at an airport once. He went through the metal detector and had to go back and forth repeatedly removing various things from his pockets and whatnot. Eventually it had become painfully obvious that he had no metallic objects on his person. Then it just suddenly occurred to him what it was and he mentioned that he had a BB gun bullet in his brain. None of the people working there believed this and my uncle had to show medical records before they could proceed.

Rehab on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    BB gun bullet?

Isn't it just a BB?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I punched a dog once.

Urian on
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Rehab on
    edited March 2007
    I peed.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007
    Oh, by the way I saw that skating movie with Will Ferrel and Napolean Dynamite. It was actually quite funny and it had that chick from The Office on it and she was in a Teddy and says the line, "My name is Katie and I'm addicted to sex." And she actually looked like she had a pretty nice body I was kind of surprised. Oh and there was a Spider man 3 trailer at the beginning that showed more of venom but on the whole was kind of dull for some reason as far as trailers go.

trentsteel on

edited March 2007
    I might have to see that Will Ferrel movie. I had my doubts about Ricky Bobby at first but that actually turned out to be pretty funny.

Rehab on
    edited March 2007
    I might have to see that Will Ferrel movie. I had my doubts about Ricky Bobby at first but that actually turned out to be pretty funny.

lie

Knob on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Man this one time I went to this place that sells sandwiches with some friends and we all got sandwiches. They were good sandwiches and we were satisfied with our purchases. I'm totally not making this up.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg