As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forum Secret Santa 2009: Post pics and thank yous!

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited January 2010 in PAX Archive
top.gif
PAX* Forum Secret Santa 2009

Names have been drawn and e-mails sent. Santas, start your stalking!

What is?
Just what it sounds like. It's a Secret Santa between your fellow PAX brethren (and sistren). Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in your signature (maybe an amazon wishlist link) as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate thusly in your signup post. But depending on how many international folks show up, you may get one anyway. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT OR WILL NOT SEND SOMETHING INTERNATIONALLY, DON'T SIGN UP. For the purposes of pairing, Canada will not count as international.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country

SINGUPS ARE CLOSED - HAPPY SHOPPING!
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 14th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent a private message shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. Nothing personal.

• Recommended gift value is $15-20. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed (no food please).

• ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS RECEIVED IS JANUARY 15! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY JANUARY 15 WILL BE BANNED, PERMANENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.

• Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.

• You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.

• UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW GIFTS.

• CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping. Be sure and provide a note upon checkout saying who you are, though!

• BE SURE AND SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and try and ship your stuff by Dec 10th or so to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
SHOPPING TIPS

Interesting Shops:
www.thinkgeek.com - general geeky stuff. Shipping can be high so be sure and shop around. Google for discount coupons.
www.play-asia.com - junk from Japan. Nearly everyone likes the little toys they have. Google for discount coupons.
www.buy.com - one of the best places to get used games, books and DVDs.
www.square-enix-shop.com - for that Final Fantasy or RPG fan.
www.bigbadtoystore.com - the absolute best place to get action figures.
http://knittedsteel.etsy.com/ - chainmail accessories by Liger

Things to Note:
360 points are not cross-country compatible.
Most consoles are region restricted. The Nintendo DS is a notable exception to this, though.

Stalking / General Shopping Help:
If your Santee has a unique forum handle, be sure and Google it. You never know where else s/he might post.
Keep an eye on the systems he owns if you're thinking of buying a game.
If your Santee has a PS3, don't forget it can play Blu-Ray movies.
If your Santee has a XBox Gamer ID, it's not hard to figure out what games he has / likes.
Be creative! We have lives other than video games! Is your Santee taking up an instrument? Does he want to start painting? Does he like tabletop games? Does he seem to like cars? This is your chance to get an interesting gift they hadn't thought of, yet!
Does your Santee have a favorite game, ever? Consider something related to that! Toys, old complete copies, art books, etc. are always fun.
Do you have something in your city / state / country that your Santee doesn't have access to?
Interesting candies, foods, posters / prints, and other various knick-knacks make for good box-stuffers.
If your Santee has a unique name, you never know what you'll find out by Googling him or her! They might have a twitter or Facebook account!

Also, for the Santees, make yourselves easy to stalk. Make your Facebook and Twitter profiles public, and don't forget to post wishlist links in your signature and here in this thread.

If a lot of this looks familiar to those of you who post elsewhere on these boards, it's because I stole most of this OP from previous Secret Santa threads on other subforums. Still, I think that's everything. Start signing up, people!

Secret Santa Participants List: 40 people!
Moe Fwacky
Atlus Parker
Wormdundee
chupamiubre/drobro
mystral721/@Luneowl
eye-shuh
SmallLady/@Chibi_Tzar
MeeOk
SpawnOfCthulhu/Snifit
CaptainTapole
Kaitou Ayashi/@Tajah
Vthornheart
Rogue_hunter
DaNerd
That_Spoony_Bard/@Spoony_Bard
Liger
Pinder/@wootimus
tehnakki
EruditeAphrodite
Darc/@Captcovert
tr0tsky
Asiina
Sumi
EvilBadman
whypick1
TimeCruiserMike
mentok1982
Twinkie/@Twink13
QuickSnap
Heels
LTAcosta
Qs23
Eugal
Arco
Kwisatz Haderach
The_DIMD
JonnyNero
TimDisaster/@timdisaster
S7arbuck
SlickShughes

It's hint-dropping time people, so get on it. Post your wishlist links and tell your Santa a little bit about your interests. Also, to make this fun ALL POSTS TO YOUR SANTA MUST START WITH THE WORDS "DEAR SANTA:"

Don't forget to use the Amazon Universal Wishlist!

*This is a community event, no official affiliation exists or is implied
bottom.gif

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Ermm... have all the emails gone out? I've not received anything. Then again, you probably put this thread up as a preliminary thing, just so people could start their letters as you get the emails out...

P.S. I'm bored at work.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Somehow I knew I was going to get this Santee. I should have put a bet on it.

Yes, I know it was drawn randomly, but the universe works in strange ways.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

Ermm... have all the emails gone out? I've not received anything. Then again, you probably put this thread up as a preliminary thing, just so people could start their letters as you get the emails out...

P.S. I'm bored at work.

Ditto with the lack of email :( *is bored waiting for laundry to dry!!!*

EDIT: I spoke 7 minutes too soon! Email received, stalking commencing!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
    edited November 2009
    :D I got my santee! Stalker time!

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2009
    Okay, all the e-mails are out as of NOW. If anybody didn't receive an e-mail, let me know.

Also, in your letters to Santa, don't just list off things you want. Tell Santa about yourself and your interests.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa:
    I WANT A PONY!
    Seriously though, the God Of War collection would be nice.
    Or a MTG fat-pack.
    http://store.wittywizard.com/preorder-of-unforgotten-realms-season-one.html
    Or that. That would make me happy.
    I'm also a big fan of witty/clever t-shirts. Go wild. (just nothing NSFW) (Size XL)
    And you can't go wrong with getting me PSN/XBL points.
    Merry christmas
    Love,
    SpawnOfCthulhu/Snifit

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
    edited November 2009
    What do you think would happen if I designed the box to look like a bomb?

Sumi on
    edited November 2009
    Probably bad things.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited November 2009
    But it's so tempting.

Anyways when we send it, do we include our username or do we remain anonymous?

Sumi on
    edited November 2009
    Definitely include some sort of indication of who you are. If you order through amazon or something like that, make sure to add a gift note, otherwise just slip something in the box.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa:

I hope things are awesome with you. This has been a pretty strange season, getting cold much too fast for my liking. While I love having seasons and enjoy the outdoors, I prefer to be dry and toasty warm while doing so. When my ears get cold I get headaches, and warm toes are as awesome as unicorns.

You may not know this about me but I am eclectic and random in that I have many interests so it would be a true feat to bring me something I don't like or enjoy. Also, I really hope you are not a douche. :P Hopefully I will have more time to game this holiday season, but lately I have been reading more and trying to concentrate on my creative pursuits, catch up on movies I haven't seen and web series I'm behind on.

But I'm sure your gift will inspire me to write an epic poem or haiku in honor of your greatness. :mrgreen:

<3 Tajah

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • EugalEugal United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wow my santee was really easy to find on google! time to read all there blog posts and forum post!

Dear Sekrit Santa
    People keep trying to tell me that your not real but i said, i said if you give me a gift there is no way you can be fake! Here is a super fancy amazon wish list of things that would be awesomely awesome to have! http://amzn.com/w/3NYDVW7MG0K8X

But you can also just use the list as a guide line, It would be awesome to get something completely un-expected! I look forword to my gifts although I'm having almost just as much fun making an awesome box for my santee.

Eugal on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Sekrit Santa,

Hi. My name is whypick1. I think I've been a good little gamer this year (see? SEE?). While you might think I've been a bad boy this year, since I spend a lot of time shooting people in the face, I also spend lots of time entertaining people through the gift of music via plastic instruments. It'd be such a shame if I ran out of money to buy tracks for my beloved Rock Band, now wouldn't it? My hands would also be super sad if I didn't have anything to point and shoot at on my computer. Since I have two hands, a game for each hand would probably be best, say something shiny and full of initials, or you can go crazy with two games for each hand.

As teachers always like to say, reading is FUNdamental. I really only ever read in the bathroom, so I should have the the proper reading material. I could always use some presents, or, this being for the bathroom, something to plunge with.

In case you didn't know, I'm a bit of a sports fan as well. <3 Seahawks <3 Sounders <3.

And Santa, if you find yourself running out of time getting my gift, you can do much worse than something from ThinkGeek, preferably something gadgety. For the love of Buddha though, no t-shirts...unless it's this one in large. If I get any other clothes, I'm switching to Kwanzaa.

<3
    Whypick1

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited November 2009
    Guys, guys. Those are not letters to Santa. Come on, look at Tajah's post, now that is a letter to Santa.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fine, I'll remake my post in a bit.

whypick1 on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

Wow, what a year this has been. However, even though it's been rough I've tried to be good, but maybe not TOO good. ;)

I really have no idea what I would want for Christmas this year. I'm a full time grad student who is also working full time. Unfortunately this means that I don't have a lot of time for fun things like video games, reading and watching movies right now. I'm a bit of a foodie, enjoy beer and wine and try to cram in as much relaxation into what spare time I have as possible.

Also, I <3 turtles!!

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

Thank you for the awesome sewing machine you gave me last year. I have been modding lots of oversized PAX tee shirts with it. I love to take things like old shirts and make them more unique. Plus, homemade things are AWESOME. I think I have too many hobbies, with knitting, chain maille, sewing, gaming, curling... Not enough time in the day! I gave up nerf last year and found new homes for most of my guns. I don't miss the clutter at all.

I love just about every gift I get. It's hard not to! There are so many great things out there... xbox live points, iTunes music, steampunk stuff, clever tee shirts, and loads of jewelry and homemade Etsy things. You can't go wrong, Santa.

Good luck with the Christmas season! Hopefully Seattle won't be as painfully snowy and hard on your reindeer this year.

<3,
    ~Liger

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I have been a very naughty girl this year. I would tell you of my exploits but I don't think Mrs. Klaus would appreciate that ;) Suffice to know that I have been duly punished for my wickedness by the cyclic hell I am once again living in and thus I ask you to forgive me my sins and deliver something unto me that will bring a smattering of joy to my feeble attempt at existence.

I really, really like teh pokemans. My favorite pokemans is Ampharos. The thing that would bring me the most joy would be some black sludge as I have spent hours capturing croagunks and toxicroaks to no avail. But this may be difficult to obtain even for you and your tiny laborers.

Other than that I have a wishlist up on thinkgeek, and a universal wishlist on amazon. You can also put your voyeuristic tendencies to good use and watch me on my twitter, though being that it's set to private you would possibly be giving away your identity if you followed it. May I suggest the use of a dummy twitter account?

Ho ho, look at me telling you how to do your job! Well I'm off to enjoy this wonderful rainy day. Toodles! And my best to the missus and Comet, is his hoof any better?

Cheers,
    Nakki

P.S. By the by, the watching me to know when I'm sleeping or awake is okay, but the mouth breathing is a bit annoying <3

EDIT: Added Amazon Wishlist link

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps a secret santa twitter account is in order...

/me plots

edit: okay, so I've created the @SekritSanta twitter account and added as many of the participants here as I could find, but I'm still not sure how to translate this into being beneficial for everybody yet.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Seekrit Santa,

Well, I am a geek trying to branch out in my interests.. I've played Table Top rpg games since I was a young'n, as you may well know, but my dice collection is a little lacking currently. My first and only hand held is my DS Lite, and it's a bit neglected lately because I got a Steam Account, and a 360 recently.. I also like goth-ish things, lots of music genres (not big on country but pretty much anything else), as well as cooking and tea, and shiny things (jewelry, neat-but-functional-blades).. though buying lots of earrings when they're stretched (10 gauge) is a pain. I've tried really hard to be good this year, and I think I've been reasonably successful, with only a few things blowing up in my face. I know economic times are hard this year, Santa, so if my polite suggestions are a bit much, those miracle berry tablets and maybe caffeinated lip balm from thinkgeek seem pretty cool too. Or a kitten. ^_~

For my wishlist on thinkgeek, it's under the e-mail address meeokbyun@gmail.com

This is my wishlist on amazon: http://amzn.com/w/2QS41I04LR5AB

MeeOk on
    edited November 2009
    Ok, I now have an actual letter to Santa.

whypick1 on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Sekrit Santa,

How have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want. Please note the size and color of each item, and send as many as possible. If it seems too complicated, make it easy on yourself. Just send money. How about tens and twenties?

. . . or i guess you could check out my Amazon and Think Geek wishlists

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I like Batman.

love,
    eye-shuh

PS: I also enjoy old DC, Son of Satan, and Swamp Thing comics. I could use a new mid-size nerf gun, or if the elves are particularly generous, Borderlands or Dragon Age. In the end though, I would love just completely random geek swag or something awesome handmade. And a noodle card. No one ever makes me a noodle card.

eye-shuh on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I have done fairly well this year, so I thought it'd be nice if you could spare me a present this year. Although I have trouble thinking of specific things I want, my Amazon wishlist can be found here. I will do my best to update it with more options. For videogames, I own both a 360 and Wii, but my main passion is PC gaming. While I love things like Civilization and Baldur's Gate, I like FPS's like Painkiller more than anything. Having a lot of time to kill on the subways were, I spend a lot of time reading. I like fantasy, but I absolutely love hard Sci-Fi. I have just started playing Dungeons and Dragons again, so new books and and accessories are awesome, but I only play 3.5 as of this letter! Other games are also welcome, I understand I am missing out by having never played Munchkin before. Think of something cool and send it my way!

Sincerely,
    Ian

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    edit: okay, so I've created the @SekritSanta twitter account and added as many of the participants here as I could find, but I'm still not sure how to translate this into being beneficial for everybody yet.

Well, um, people can send @sekritsanta tweets when tweeting about things they want. I suppose that's strictly less useful than a #sekritsanta hashtag, but then you don't get a sekritsanta account. Or whatever.

Oh, right, letter:

Dear Sekrit Santa,

I've been a good boy all year long. Well, not really. But in the instances where I've been bad, it's usually pretty funny, so that has to count for something, right? Plus you're contractually bound to get me something on pain of permanent forum ban. So I feel pretty confident that I'm getting a present either way :P.

First off, look at my signature. T-shirts that say or otherwise portray clever witicisms are roughly 90% of my wardrobe. In fact, if I could somehow find some way to wear t-shirts as pants, I would probably do that to make maximum use of available space. In fact, I just thought up a t-shirt that has a picture of a t-shirt on it, and that t-shirt says "Yo dawg I heard you like t-shirts." If that t-shirt existed (or if you could make it happen), I would be so happy.

I'll have Thinkgeek and Amazon and Newegg wishlists forthcoming.

As far as vidja gaymz, I'm sooooooo far behind when it comes to playing titles, so you can probably get away with buying me something old and I'll still love it (aren't I nice?). As far as consoles, I only have a 360, and I have a DS, but no gaming PC to speak of. Mass Effect and Fallout 3 come to mind first as games that I still need to play for the 360 (although there are more that I will probably think of later, like Assassin's Creed and Half-Life 2), and the only cart I have for my DS is MarioKart :(. I've actually been meaning to buy an M3 or a CycloDS or something, too, if you felt like being super nice and taking care of that for me.

Yours in perpetuity,

Pinder J. Wootimus, Esq.

Also, I feel it's worth metioning that I work for FedEx and that if you live in Seattle and stopped by a store when I was working I could get you a 75% discount on shipping.

So there's that.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

When I was five, my mother told me that you didn't exist. I was sad to hear that, but I kept getting presents anyway. I was very suspicious, and to this day I've silently been awaiting your return to public life. How happy I am to hear that you've escaped from your extra-dimensional prison, been reconstituted using magical north pole water, or been dethawed from your cryogenic Santa sleep. I knew my mom wasn't telling me the full truth.

Since you've been mysteriously absent since 1990, there are some things you need to catch up on. The Internet is going to make your job vastly easier. Things like wishlists, Facebook, and blogs (potentially NSFW) make it easy to tell if a person has been naughty or nice, and super easy to figure out what they want. Also, you should get a cell phone. You can check all that stuff wherever you want, whenever you want! I don't suppose the North Pole has 3G; but then again, it's a magical place.

I suppose you'll need to know a little something about me. It's been a while since your last visit. I'm still into video games, but I've moved on from the NES you got me (thanks!) and I have an XBox 360 now. Mom taught me how to cook really well, and I do that for my friends and family a lot. I have an awesome t-shirt collection (a collection that's useful!), and I like to cover my walls with posters, artwork (I love Mark Rothko and other non-impressionists), and signs. I still love all things Nintendo and Sega, and although I have a soft spot for nerdy stuff, I'm not a super nerdy guy; things like circuit board business card holders or a "there's no place like 127.0.0.1" welcome mat aren't really my style, even though I understand the humor. I've picked up the drums in the last few years, and I enjoy all things Remo and Sabian.

I'm so glad you're back! Looking forward to your gift.

- Jace/Arco

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa:

You may not believe this, but I'm your biggest fan! I've got all of your movies and books, and last year I even scooped up the reindeer droppings that Dasher left behind on my rooftop: they're sitting in a jar next to my desk right now! I know it was Mrs. Claus (that bitch!) that forced you to get that restraining order put out on me, I'm sure that you'd never do anything like that of your own volition. If you'd just ignore that court-ordered document for one night and come by with your wonderful presents, I would leave a whole pile of cookies and a snare trap for you.

... did I say snare trap? I meant Snickerdoodle. Seriously, I have no plans of kidnapping you and making you sing and dance for me. None whatsoever.

Anyways, I've been a very good boy this year. I've made sure not to come within 500 feet of your North Pole hideaway, just like the nice officer said. I've also done several hours of selfless community service because of that time last year when I pushed all those little kids to get in the front of the line to see you at Sears. I don't see what the problem was, they were all obviously bad children: only bad little boys and girls cry when they've been pushed over by an adult. Whatever happened to respecting your elders?

Oh, and also, I've been extra super good this year. With the telescopic photo lens you gave me last year, I've been photographing your every movement from a safe distance. It's like I'm recording your biography! People would pay a lot of money for a personal biographer, but all I want in return is for you to come bearing presents. How sweet of a deal is that? I'll gladly give you a photocopy of all of the pictures I've taken!

As far as presents you can bring, I'm a pretty simple man.

This here's my ThinkGeek Wishlist, full of goodies that I would enjoy almost as much as your jolly company!

I'm also VThornheart on Steam, and I could definitely go for something like the Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection, Torchlight could be fun, or even Jade Empire (which is a game I've been meaning to grab for a while and keep forgetting! It looked like a lot of fun =) )

I can always use some X-Box live points, which would let me learn some new Rock Band songs to play for you! My X-Box Gamertag is CalliAlex, which sounds odd until you notice that it's a combination of my name and my wife's name. Yes, I have a wife, so you can tell Mrs. Claus that her theories as to why I write you so many letters and send you illicit photographs of myself are just plain wrong, obviously. Though I would leave my wife for you. Don't tell Mrs. Claus that last part, she'll get suspicious (that bitch).

Other than that, I'm pretty easy going. I'd probably like just about anything you sent me, since it came from you! I'll be sure to cherish it tenderly, and sniff the box it came in three times every day to get a whiff of that delightful gingerbread aftershave you wear. So don't be afraid to send me something that you don't know whether I'd like or not! I can't imagine not enjoying anything you sent my way!

Thank you, Santa, for listening to this long letter! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Your absolute biggest fan in the whole wide world,
    Vendal Thornheart

P.S. - Please don't turn this letter over to the police as evidence. That would make me a sad panda.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa

I want a Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! Someone had too say it.

Well santa i am probably on the naughty list but i did save that kitten so lets hope that gets me some points. Santa i am a lover of all things geeky, as you very well know but i also have acquired a love for travel as well. I hear the south of France is amazing this time of year. I as well have been a bad boy though in letting my pc gather far too much dust and my Steam ID that is KMFDM has been in neglect since i got my giant tv. I do plan to fix this problem with a new i7 pc.

You know of my devastating addiction to documentary movies and my recent languishing book shelf. Santa if its not too much trouble you know of my love of all things N.A.S.A and space so a spare shuttle when they are done with them would be sweet. Any how Santa i am sure you are busy but heres hoping you have a jolly Christmas.

Steam id

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa:

Sorry about that mall incident back in '97. I had irritable bowel syndrome back then.

Since you probably kick-ban'ed me from the naughty-nice list after that, let me tell you a bit about myself.

Currently I work full-time and also do grad school full-time, so I don't have a whole lot of free time to play games. I still have a big pile of games that I still need to play, so I'm holding off on buying new games until...well I don't know.

I'm a huge reader, and thus I'm working on updating my amazon wish list. Right now, it's pretty small but I'll work on it in the next week.

Other interests include board games (again, look at my amazon acct for types of games I'm into---if you think of one that's not on there, go for it! I'm really keen on two player games), D&D (3.5 & 4.0), paintings/posters by Nene Thomas and Amy Brown, lego toys, and caffeine. Geek shirts (XL) and caffeine is always a win too.

I think that about covers it.

<3

Spoony

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

My games wishlist:
    http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100022&owner=mentok1&mode=vown

My DVD wishlist:
    http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100024&owner=mentok1&mode=vown

It should be noted that I have asked for the following games and Blu-rays for my birthday. I will post here after the 26th to let Santa know what I did or did not get from my parents.

God of War Collection
    Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360)
    Star Trek
    Kevin Smith Collection

I have started collecting comics and I am collecting Rogue and Deadpool stuff. Here are some issues I need:

From the Rogue 1995 run: Issues 2 through 4
    From the Rogue 2001 run: Issues 1 through 4
    From the Rogue 2004 run: Issues 1 through 2, Issue 5, Issue 7 and Issue 12.

I could use any Deadpool comics or books that are not the following:
    Dark Reign Deadpool/Thunderbolts (Contains these issues: Thunderbolts 130-131 Deadpool 8-9)
    Deadpool Secret Invasion (Contains these issues: Deadpool 1-5)

So I guess I need Deadpool 6 though 7...

Thanks Santa!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited November 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Since I have two hands, a game for each hand would probably be best, say something shiny and full of initials, or something to put a hex on people.

Dude, Santa called me up to chat and your letter came up. He said he doesn't understand this part.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited November 2009
    That part made more sense it became a letter. How's this?
    Since I have two hands, a game for each hand would probably be best, say something shiny and full of initials, or you can go crazy with two games for each hand.

whypick1 on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I thought he was asking for a copy of Navy NCIS Criminal Investigation The Game.

Atlus Parker on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I imagine you're absurdly busy reading the novels that other people have written you this year...so I'll keep it brief. Here's my Amazon wishlist, which I added some books that look good. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with whatever...random toy/geek stuff from Thinkgeek is always fun too.

Your neighbour in the frozen north,

tr0tsky

P.S. - PSN, XBL, steam ID is trotsky0 :)

tr0tsky on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

This year was pretty awesome, as my transfer to a 4-year university actually went through, so I spent the year in actual higher learning. Though giving me that crappy instructor for both semesters sorta sucked. Can you make sure I don't have him next semester?
    The desktop PC you gave me a little early last year has been working out pretty well, Crysis, Dragon Age: Origins and Borderlands are its bitch. And if someone tries to make me play an MMO I will punch a baby. That shit don't fly in this house. Nice try using PAX to give me Lord of the Rings Online, but that box got shelved before I even left the hotel room.
    Steam is a nice service.
    But that's not to say the HDTV and Playstation 3 I got the year before haven't been missing out on the love either. Star Trek, G.I. Joe and Transformers 2 on blu-ray all say hi.
    Gaming on the go has been pretty good too, Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP sucking up alot of my downtime at school.

As for all those socks you keep bringing, I wear through them pretty quickly, and it seems that my warmer socks aren't all that warm anymore. I got way too many shirts at PAX, and found some nice dress shirts on sale, so I'm pretty set clothes-wise. I just really want some warmer socks.

I have such a big backlog on books, as evidenced here, that I don't need anymore this year. I also have too many comic books as well. Sure I've got alot of Green Lantern issues, but I still really like the character. I also like cool Stormtrooper stuff. Sure, I have the action figures, but they've got a really good design.
    Only one real toy I want, and it's pretty badass.

You did pretty good last year Santa, so the bar isn't set all to high. But that's OK with me, since I tend to roll with the punches. Unless I already have it, or don't have the console or handheld in question (I don't have a 360, Wii or DS), I'll be fine with it. As long as it's better than the multitude of pajamas I tend to get from parents and family, I'll be happy, and it will likely be the best gift.
    Though, for practicality, I could use a good or better mug. Some parking permits wouldn't be bad either, since I'm always parking my car in dangerous places, like downtown Los Angeles.

Thanks for being a jolly person again this year.
    Yours sincerely,
    Rogue_hunter, Esq. III Jr.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa:

First off, you are awesome in the possum. Never age and always be geekily nerdy. Or nerdily geeky...whichever you prefer.

For the most part, I have been a good girl. ...Okie, not really, but I have not hurt anyone intentionally this year!

If you have not decided on what to get me, here are a few suggestions.
    Please note that the following suggestions are in website mode--I am sure you are more techie savvy than any other holiday out there since of Black Friday/Black Monday.

Etsy
    PA Mouichandising!
    The Amazon
    E-Bay
    Disney Store!

I do like frogs, faeries, Disney stuff, any of the Final Fantasy Series, Alice in Wonderland series and the Oz series (As in Wizard of Oz, but the whole series as well) If clothing is involved, 2XL is best. Also, I do like 80's stuff which includes music, clothing style and yes, of course, cartoons.

Thank you so very much. You rule the skies!

Love, Luck, and Lollipops,
    Lyea

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I know, it's been a while since my last letter, so I decided to not write it in french, just in case you are a little rusty. I'm pretty sure I've been a good girl this year, I've been working very hard and I've been taking good care of my kitten Bella.

Getting a gift is a pretty awesome thing, so really, anything is wonderful and will be full of joy, but in case you were wondering my tastes have changed a little since I was a little girl. Like now, my favorite colour is Pink :D

I'm pretty geeky, so there are lots of things from this place called think geek you could get me. I like things that light up and are pretty, and things that are cute and or soft and squishy and potentially filled with evil. I like cool aloe kits, and I really fucking love tribbles (sorry for the swearing Santa, but I feel the word really gets my love of tribbles across)

I also really love postsecret.com they have a couple books out now that I would love to read.

Etsy.com has lots of people that make really cool nerdy things.

Also, there is this really nice lady named Liger, she makes pretty shiny things, you can find her website at http://knittedsteel.blogspot.com/ (don't forget, I love pink! it matches my hair)

I also moved to a new place this year, and I lost my munchkin & killer bunnies (original) collections, I'd love to start them back up again as well.

Thanks so much santa for everything, I won't feel so alone at christmas this year thanks to you,

Love

Angela
    aka @Chibi_Tzar
    aka SmallLady

p.s. here is a link to my Think Geek Wishlist, but don't feel like you have to stick to it or anything :)
    https://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81dc2708b

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Question: Is it possible to send Steam gifts anonymously?

eye-shuh on
    edited November 2009
    I don't know, but the point isn't to stay anonymous once your Santee gets their gift.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited November 2009
    Dear Santa,

I guess you could say I'm your average college student... I've been pretty good this year, but balancing school and fun has become a tricky task. With so much going on since I moved into my dorm in September, my gaming time has dropped significantly. Usually the only times I've had a chance to play video games is when we get a group of people together to play rockband in my room. Soon though, this is going to change. I want to find a new game that I can actually play through the entire storyline of whenever I get an hour or two of downtime. I like pretty much any type of game, but it seems that I tend to subconsciously lean toward adventure games. I tried to make myself a wishlist using amazon's universal wishlist, but it didn't turn out so great, because I always find myself just putting all this super expensive stuff on it... I mean hey its a "wish" list right? Anyway's here's the link to that: Wishlist. Oh yeah, and the stuff on that list is in no particular order, but I did put little comments on the side as to what I was thinking at the time when I added the item. Besides gaming though, I am everyone else who goes to PAX. Little geek like trinkets or gadgets are always fun, so if youre stuck in a bind, you can always fall back on those. I am also really proud to be going to Northeastern University, and I go to every one of our home hockey games. I really want one of our schools black hockey jersey's, but they aren't on sale right now, and are pretty expensive. Sometimes they go on sale though, and are half off, or even lower than that. Anyways, if you decide to get any kind of shirt for me, I wear a size Large. Well I think that about wraps it up for me santa.. You can stalk me on here, or twitter (@LTAcosta), but I haven't been very active on there either... My gamertag again is LTAcosta, so if you want to look at what games I've played, you can do that there. Merry Christmas :)

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png