As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What comic universe weapon/toy/gadget would you love to own?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pepper-her Potts?

TexiKen on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You guys are terrible.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd grind 'er pepper.

KalTorak on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd have sex with that attractive female :winky:

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    nice

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You people are horrible. I just want her because she's a goddamned miracle worker at organization.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bucky's bionic arm, please. Preferably in place on my own shoulder.

Wildcat on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Isn't Excalibur supposed to be some sort of badass, power giving sword in the same vein as Mjolnir in the Marvel U? In that case, I'll have me some of that (I'm English too so I can wield it with pride).

Solar on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    250px-SHEHULK006.jpg
    Eros' tongue.

I'd talk my way into getting incredible amounts of poon. So much to the point that I would become numb to it all and begin seeking space poon and other various forms of vagoo just to squelch my raging curiousity and fill the hollow core that would have developed within me from unending, anonymous sex.

In the end I would be so bored, and wish that I could go back on all of it.

In retrospect, I think it would be fairly interesting to have Thanos' chin. Simply to have people say: "Dude, what the fuck's up with your chin?"

delphinus on
    edited November 2009
    Solar wrote: »
    Isn't Excalibur supposed to be some sort of badass, power giving sword in the same vein as Mjolnir in the Marvel U? In that case, I'll have me some of that (I'm English too so I can wield it with pride).

Yes, but can you carry it down the pub on a Friday night? :P

Wildcat on
    edited November 2009
    Probably not, but then again if I had Excalibur I might be able to pass myself off as King Arthur, start a major political movement, get in power, and make it legal for me to carry my deadly weapon down to the pub. Maybe try and get some free drinks as well.

Solar on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    AND SMITE EVIL

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • MisterBibsMisterBibs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Indigo Lantern Ring.

I'm a compassionate person, and a low pain tolerance. A GL ring would prolly make me cry, often.

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
    I like that Atrocitus genuinely wants to help save the universe...In the angriest manner possible.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Unless you'd suffocate a terminal cancer patient, I don't think member of the Indigo Tribe is the right career for you.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    Unless you'd suffocate a terminal cancer patient, I don't think member of the Indigo Tribe is the right career for you.

It also heals people.

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
    I like that Atrocitus genuinely wants to help save the universe...In the angriest manner possible.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've mostly just seen it kill people!

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    Merry killings are way more fun than healing

Faynor on
    edited November 2009
    I've mostly just seen it kill people!

It mercy-killed a GL, it scared a Sinestro Corps member, it healed the Shrinking Guy Whose Name I Forget, it kills the undead when combined with another light source...

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
    edited November 2009
    A GL ring would prolly make me cry, often.

Why? does it hurt to wear one of those things or something? What do they actually do?

Solar on
    edited November 2009
    I recall that Ollie Queen found it massively tiring and, I think, painful to create even one construct with a GL ring. Forcing your willpower through it takes moxie, apparently.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2009
    I see. So, to use the ring properly you really got be the pinnacle of sentient willpower. Fair enough.

Solar on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I recall that Ollie Queen found it massively tiring and, I think, painful to create even one construct with a GL ring. Forcing your willpower through it takes moxie, apparently.

However, some backwoods hillbillies used Green Lantern's ring to conjure up some beer once, so maybe Ollie's just a pussy.

Sorry Geoff Johns, that's still continuity.

Munch on
    edited November 2009

And later, he asks Kyle if it always hurts like that, and he replies "... every time."

or something like that.

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MisterBibs wrote: »

And later, he asks Kyle if it always hurts like that, and he replies "... every time."

or something like that.

Guess it makes sense. I mean, if it didn't take anything beyond imagination to use a green lantern ring then anyone could do it.

But to know it's going to hurt like a bitch to save those people, and still be able to force yourself to do it makes it seem more heroic. Well, to me at any rate.

see317 on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just fill the lantern corps with masochists then.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Give Penance all the rings.

Faynor on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    26_shiftship.jpg

Atheraal on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Give Penance all the rings.

So many tiny green spikes

so many

Green on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't decide if I'd want a boxing glove arrow or a bola arrow more.

emnmnme on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Always go with the boxing glove arrow.
    Only bitches punch with their real hands.

delphinus on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I can't decide if I'd want a boxing glove arrow or a bola arrow more.

Buzzsaw arrow!

Starcross on
  • Laser DaveLaser Dave Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bullet arrow

fired from a gun

Laser Dave on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    i'm gonna go with the hard-light doodad taskmaster used to imitate spidey's webshooters, cap's shield, daredevil's billy clubs, etc etc

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    MisterBibs wrote: »

or something like that.

Guess it makes sense. I mean, if it didn't take anything beyond imagination to use a green lantern ring then anyone could do it.

But to know it's going to hurt like a bitch to save those people, and still be able to force yourself to do it makes it seem more heroic. Well, to me at any rate.

I remember reading that in Rebirth and immediately thinking of Rogue and Wolverine in the first X-Men movie. "Does it hurt, when they come out?" "Every time." I think I pfft'ed out loud.

All Ollie made was one arrow that barely did anything to Sinestro, and he said it exhausted him like he hadn't slept for days.

BTW, I'd go with the net arrow. Bola arrow leaves the arms free, net arrow lets you point and laugh at them struggle to free themselves.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Death_Ray_GraphicsDeath_Ray_Graphics Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ultimate Nullifier, baby! I'd love to bea able to threaten to elimiante anyone's hopes and dreams from reality. "Dood! Don' mess with me! I''ll erase your dreams, man! Your fookin' DREAMS!!"

Death_Ray_Graphics on
    weaponbrown_ad_zigzag_2.gif
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ultimate Nullifier, baby! I'd love to bea able to threaten to elimiante anyone's hopes and dreams from reality. "Dood! Don' mess with me! I''ll erase your dreams, man! Your fookin' DREAMS!!"

Doesn't the nullifier also kill the user?

Psychotic One on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd assume it nullifies the user.

emnmnme on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't the nullifier also kill the user?

Yeah. It's basically the ultimate in mutually assured destruction.

Munch on
    edited November 2009
    Thats because it's sweet.

Solar on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Witchblade is incredibly badass. I don't really follow the comic, but I'm pretty sure only females can use it, though.

Delzhand on