As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Taking a break from that other picture.

pic163.jpg

wakkawa on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yessssss high contrast

not sure what that purple-white mark on her chest is though?

mensch-o-matic on
    edited November 2009
    yessssss high contrast

not sure what that purple-white mark on her chest is though?

Left over from the sketch, ha. Just a highlight mark so I could get the lights down. I'll get rid of that.

Also, those aren't really little shoulders. They were suppose to be little pink collars, but it makes the shoulders look really tiny instead.

I notice these things after I post it of course.

wakkawa on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    *edit
    I did a little paintover. Its a hard area to do and I certainly can't draw the ladies like you, but I hope this helps.

wakkawalady.jpg

Mmm, I agree and disagree at the same time!

It certainly lets the viewer know that the jawline is present and accounted for, but the way you rendered it completely flattens the face, and a lot of volume seems to have been lost in the skull.

I think Wakkawa had the right idea with his touch-up. It works at that angle much better.

Godfather on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    quicky before bed

dday.jpg

Obilex on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    crits please

ive barely begun but really, rip it to shreds

critspls.png

mully on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I like where it's going. My only complaint at this stage is that the hair color is too saturated. Even if it's supposed to draw the eye, it's on a completely different level than the rest of the colors.

Delzhand on
    edited November 2009
    yeah i think im going to have to mute it out :/

mully on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I like the hair having that pop. if once you get the full composition done, you put a few small hits of that elsewhere, it'll balance out.

I'd say that she doesn't look balanced, like she's about to fall over towards her shoulder bag.

but primarily this is hot as shit. do continue.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It looks too saturated because everything else is too dull. Play with more contrast, and it might fit.

Wassermelone on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wakka, your doodles make my pants fit tight.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Maybe your pants are just too small and wak has nothing to do with it.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    It looks too saturated because everything else is too dull. Play with more contrast, and it might fit.

Going with this over dulling the hair down, what's the point of dull pink hair anyway. Also because lack of contrast and graying things down seems to be a consistent habit with your stuff, and it'd probably be good to try to force yourself to be a bit bolder with color choices.

A bit of a paintover, main thing is boosting the contrast a bit overall with a Curves layer, and beyond that just bringing in more darks and a (somewhat arbitrarily chosen) purple color into the shadows to get a bit of interesting color contrast working instead of leaving it so close to local color, and rounding out the forms of the limbs to be more cylindrical, and defined. Also worked to make the lighting more consistent- in the original you've sort of got the lights on the legs appearing to show the source as being front on, between the legs, but on the arm it's coming from the left.
    mully_pinkhair.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    lulz, was trying to have fun and i did. quick as doodle
    loltransformer.jpg

for extra luls, check out my reference pic!
    optimus.png

i would like some advice on the doodle

deadlydorito on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Whenever you post, people always tell you to stop scribbling.

Stop scribbling!

Wassermelone on
    edited November 2009
    thanks bacon - that helps a lot
    i have an issue with staying away from darks, i try to go to those at the very end, and by the end, i feel like its just too much. but this shows that it surely is not!
    thanks!

mully on
    edited November 2009
    Mully, tweak the pose so that she has more of a solid footing.

Right now she looks like she's going to tip over to the left.

Godfather on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Maybe she's strong enough to put all her weight on one leg. There is barely any mass beyond that leg.

bombardier on
    edited November 2009
    And it could work too, she just needs to push the left leg into the background more. Right now they're basically on the same plane.

That's kind of a big gun, it's a simple fix, and will save a lot of headache later down the road, trust me.

Godfather on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Whenever you post, people always tell you to stop scribbling.

Stop scribbling!

yeboy! i was working on that during the whole thing actually, since the bridgmans books always say " do a line down the heavy side" and such ive been doing more lines on purpose.

Mostof those scribbles i use to establish where the curve is going and stuff like that, otherwise i get lost D:

deadlydorito on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i feel almost like she's falling forward
    like leaning away from us or something

beavotron on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    doodle doodle do

drac.jpg

Obilex on
  • J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Comic page I did over year ago.

Experimental_Numbers_PG1_by_JusticePunk.jpg

and year laterz

pg1_2.jpg

Still, the monkey anatomy is impossible fucked up, but i don't care. I feel better. I'm going to go into hiding for a long while.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    On the whole I actually like the old page quite a bit better. The top left expression is far more expressive (and funnier) in the original, and there's just a better sense of energy about the whole thing. The poses on the newer one are looking a bit wooden.

WastingPenguins on
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    On the whole I actually like the old page quite a bit better. The top left expression is far more expressive (and funnier) in the original, and there's just a better sense of energy about the whole thing. The poses on the newer one are looking a bit stilted and wooden.

WastingPenguins on
  • J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Point taken. The original was drawn on paper, the newer one is all digital. Its hard to capture that same energy when you go all digital. Also, how Scott Mccloud said about being anatomically correct, but being stiff, vs being a little bit more loose (cartoony) gives it more life(I'm probably misquoting/misinterpreting him). I have to find that balance.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
    edited November 2009
    Digital Painting in figure class is weird.

class.jpg

wakkawa on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Need some helps. My work has me do caricature for the people who retire. It's usually pretty fun, but this time it is my former boss and also artist and I'd like to make him proud:

Doncopy.jpg

he likes to paint and grill...

here is his real life picture:
    Donpic.jpg

His glasses have changed which is why they are square, any crits to help me out here?

brokecracker on
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    WIP crits welcome and appreciated.

astrowip.jpg

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
    edited November 2009
    awesome
    i find the stroke on the explosion behind him entirely too bold, and therefore distracting
    if you make it another color, like say... yellow it won't be as bad i don't think

beavotron on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haven't been posting much as I have work up to the eyeballs...

Speaking of eyeballs:

D4peek.gif

Grenn on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    A collaborative sketch my buddy Mike and I did using my tablet on the plane yesterday. We also did one in my sketchbook but I haven't gotten around to taking photos of it yet.

collab1.jpg

rts on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So did you just do the sketch of the figure and call it a day

I bet you did
    slacker

NightDragon on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    it must be uncomfortable to ride anything naked.

Kendeathwalker on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah it probably is.

Here are some zoo sketches from a little bit back:

zoo1.jpg
    zoo2.jpg
    zoo3.jpg

Here is the other collaborative sketch we did on the plane:

collab2.jpg

And here are two old man drawings. The first I did from reference while sitting at Mike Hayes' booth, and the second Lucas Graciano did out of his head while talking to Volkan Baga.

oldmen.jpg

rts on
  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I feel bad posting this here since everything else in here looks so much better but I am toying around with a Christmas idea for my girlfriend and would really appreciate any advice you folks have.

I have the artistic talent of a kinder gardener, and that could be construed as insulting to them, but I am a broke ass law student with a frustrated artist inside so I thought a picture would be fun gift. I of course would like it to be as good as I can make it.

This picture is the starting sketch of what I am hoping will be a fully colored image when it is completed. The basic idea is that the circle at the bottom will be the core of the earth, and the one at the top will be the sun.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated as this is the first "serious" thing I have drawn since elementary.

mollysmall.th.jpg

Sorry it is so freaking huge.

verpakeyes on
    pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Been doing really quick environment studies in photoshop the last few days. Most people probably know i want to get into concept art in the future, so while im spending time learning to draw, i figure i should try to keep these studies up too. This is about 20 mins in photoshop - no reference. Not going to bother refining as my lack of knowledge and skills will only make it turn out shit anyway :)

113zt.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    badonkadonk.png

If it's possible, I'm more afraid of hands in 3d than I am in 2d.

Delzhand on
    edited November 2009
    HAHAHAHAH "horrible farm equipment accident"

i gotta say man, kudos on sticking out this game idea
    i think it's great that you're really following through and getting this work done
    it will be a great piece for a portfolio

beavotron on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    A collaborative sketch my buddy Mike and I did using my tablet on the plane yesterday. We also did one in my sketchbook but I haven't gotten around to taking photos of it yet.

collab1.jpg

It's like Dinotopia

but not as awesome

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.