As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a Family Affair!

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    pillow wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    Oh my god koshian, I guess your sister can be the third cutest kid in the world.

woo!

These are their best class clown poses:
    img_9939333.jpg?t=1258345029

img_9939376.jpg?t=1258345066

Don't I look just like 'em?

Look at that smile!

That is one happy dude.

I Wish I had a goofy little brother to pal around with.

Godfather on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my older brother has been in and out of prison since he turned 18

my younger sister got married a couple months before giving birth and is an absolute redneck

uhh i guess thats about it?

oh and my dad was killed by an exposed power cord on a sea wall in florida a couple years ago, but he left when i was 7 so it wasnt exactly a big thing for me. they asked me to pour his ashes into the river he lived by. it was...weird

Houk the Namebringer on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    awkward.gif

satansfingers on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Godfather, the second kid (the older one) is the happiest little kid I've ever met. His relaxed facial expression is a big grin. He likes to pretend he's superheroes all the time, and often he is "Happy Man." No I'm not kidding.

He was not happy here.

DCP01796.jpg?t=1258346591
    One of the very few times I've ever seen him consistently unhappy and grumpy was when he got kawasaki's disease. One of the symptoms just happens to be drastic mood changes. It was the most pitiful thing.

Here's a picture my sister took today when we hung out. We both look pretty goofy in it.
    IMG_0830.jpg?t=1258346631

I love talking about my adorable family!

pillow on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    that kid is so cute it makes me wanna hurl

Houk the Namebringer on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pillow, why have you been complaining about your hair?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    The thing is, they know they're cute. The class clown is slowly turning into a playboy.

t amp;d - eh, just bored with it. it's been the same for awhile now

pillow on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2009
    The thing is, they know they're cute

this usually only leads to trouble

Unknown User on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Needs more adorableness

jenny.jpg

Janson on
  • Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My niece is ever so adorable. Proof:
    11244_559070646327_54600169_3291049.jpg

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have picture of my cousin that was taken a couple of years ago.

During that time period my uncle and aunt would spike his hair up in this point mohawk, and one day my older sis decided to take a picture of him with it, smile and all.

In that picture was the real-life representation of Jak-Jak from the Incredibles. I've seen some kids look like movie/tv tykes before, but this photo of him was so dead-on it was terrifying, and actually gave me the chills at how uncanny it was.

And I can't find it anywhere!

I think my older sis has it on her PC, so I asked her for it. Man I hope I can find that picture.

Godfather on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Air wrote: »
    you ruined the incest thread

so much wasted potential
    Man, it's never an incest thread.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh I forgot my nephew!

Tricycling in my backyard
    l_c9e4013fe1fe835e16fcba5b93b2398f.jpg

I adore this kid.

He pretends crayons are many things, q-tips, guns, and swords
    l_a0d3d5e0e2f24183b8867b349e13ae94.jpg

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, I hate phantom family photos! One of my favourite shots ever is me and my three oldest cousins at Thanksgiving umm... two years ago? So I would have been 23, and they'd be 17, 15, and 13 - anyway, we're all wearing these insanely stupid paper pilgrim hats we made because we were bored, and it's the best thing.

Only problem is my aunt took the photo and gave the only copy to my grandparents. She claims she'll give me one every holiday, but noooo...

It's okay, I can still show off my brother when he was small and impressionable, who is adorablest and somehow managed to survive years and years of evil from his older sibling.

spartacusa.jpg

Swordfights, your nephew reminded me that they don't sell Crayola here, which is a bunch of bullshit.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited November 2009
    A young penguin, age 2.
    StartingYoung.jpg

Penguin Incarnate on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    my mum used to put cider in my bottle to send me to sleep

FAQ on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PI, I think my grandma's house still has that wallpaper in the kitchen!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Needs more adorableness

jenny.jpg

photoshoppin dis

exist on
    UmPiq.png
    edited November 2009
    Hey family thread.

Today my little brother called me and asked "So what do you think about this God business? Are you going to go to heaven?"

Hooooo boy. I do love the way he worded it though.

I went on with a bunch of "umms" and "wells" and ended with a compromise saying I'd pray tonight.

pillow on
  • SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I expect this holiday season to be tons of fun, being the first since my brother died.

I am almost going to just call it quits until after new years.

Spacehog on
    edited November 2009
    Sister and my brother
    DSCF0058.jpg

Mom
    100_1063.jpg

Dad
    100_1152.jpg

Fun fact about my brother, not to bring anyone down, but I thought it was silly once it was over, the most upsetting thing ive done since his funeral was cancel is wow account for my parents. I guess I started thinking about it too much, but it was like, here is this character, that he put so many hours into, and now that he is dead, this character is just going to sit on some server somewhere until wow is shut down. I could look at his body, and keep it together. I could stand where he died, and be ok. But when I think about his stupid wow toon, it really gets to me.

Life is fucking beautiful.

Spacehog on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love my family. They are caring and supportive. But sometimes they act like stereotypical Asian parents. They know I'm not good at math; I was happy just to get a C, and I'd really tried. I get home and they say, "But you're getting a B next time, right?". I enjoy my AP classes and like the challenge, but was severely admonished for getting Bs. I get stressed and end up at the doctors because of pain and they just laugh, 'What would you know?". They have an immigrant story each that you can't compete with.

Also they seriously believe a gay agenda exists.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009
    Spacehog, your dad has a Bond face in that picture. thumbs up

And Muse, the gay agenda thing would make me laugh it I didn't recently find out my parents think the same thing. But eh, they still love me and I still love them so it's just going to have to remain as the elephant in the room whenever my younger siblings ask about my "roommates" and "best friends."

pillow on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It is ridiculous, yes. They veer between moderate and conservative so I just gotta shut up not believing in gay agendas and Purity balls (my mom would love those things).

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009
    Wait what the hell is a purity ball

pillow on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wait what the hell is a purity ball

the ultimate weapon of the gay agenda

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009

And Muse, the gay agenda thing would make me laugh it I didn't recently find out my parents think the same thing. But eh, they still love me and I still love them so it's just going to have to remain as the elephant in the room whenever my younger siblings ask about my "roommates" and "best friends."

...while we were day tripping in new york. does that get him bonus points?

Spacehog on
    edited November 2009
    Father/daughter dance; the dad gives the daughter a ring and as long as she wears it she must remain chaste and it can only come off once she gets married. She has to give the ring back or to her fiance or something.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009
    Father/daughter dance; the dad gives the daughter a ring and as long as she wears it she must remain chaste and it can only come off once she gets married. She has to give the ring back or to her fiance or something.

Hello everyone! Welcome to 1840's America!

Spacehog on
    edited November 2009
    Spacehog wrote: »

haha, yes! He can now only gain more points by carrying a silencer.

pillow on
    edited November 2009

Hello everyone! Welcome to 1840's America!

Yup. My mom liked the idea quite a bit.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009

haha, yes! He can now only gain more points by carrying a silencer.

Shit no.

Dude won't own a gun. Not anti-second amendment, just refuses to have firearms in his house.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with me being an ass as a teenager.

Spacehog on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My mother is a completely selfless person, and sometimes I wish she wasn't so she could enjoy more things herself.

My dad has a warrant out for his arrest because he's in contempt of court, or whatever. Apparently if you hold a gun to a woman's head and threaten to kill her, you get a jury trial and man who wants to go to those.

I haven't been close to anyone in my family aside from my mother since my grandmother, and she died ages ago. I'm not bothered by the fact I have no family outside of her, she's plenty.

Sara Lynn on
    edited November 2009
    Well he doesn't necessarily need the gun for the points, just the little silencer part.

t Muse: Someone came to our church for this "The Ring" thing which was basically a purity ring but we were still at that "eww boys" age and honestly it didn't make much sense to any of us at the time. I think it was for the church group older than us and we just got shuffled in with them?

pillow on
    edited November 2009
    Eh, my parents are Catholic, so that explains it.

They think I will live with them till I get married but no siree I couldn't stand it.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009
    Well he doesn't necessarily need the gun for the points, just the little silencer part.

t Muse: Someone came to our church for this "The Ring" thing which was basically a purity ring but we were still at that "eww boys" age and honestly it didn't make much sense to any of us at the time. I think it was for the church group older than us and we just got shuffled in with them?

Indoctrination! Make the young'uns see the older kids with it. Makes the little ones it is neat and cool. makes the little ones want it. but oh no! you have to wait until you are older!

or you just got shuffled in with them.

Spacehog on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Eh, my parents are Catholic, so that explains it.

They think I will live with them till I get married but no siree I couldn't stand it.

I grew up Catholic and these things are news to me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Well, Mexican-Catholic. There is another layer there, you see.

I will go to college (preferrably as close to home as possible), and then move back in and I suppose, continue to share a room with my sister and have to live with 5 other people in our tiny-ass house till I am 30. I am trying to wean them off the idea gradually.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2009
    PI, I think my grandma's house still has that wallpaper in the kitchen!
    Seriously?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm being forced to take three vacation days over Christmas (and I only get 10 a year anyhow) so thinking I may go back to the UK then

I'd miss my first wedding anniversary and my first Christmas as a married person but then again if I don't go now I won't have enough vacation accrued to visit for a whole other year

Downside is that to get a cheap flight (i.e. half the cost of most flights) I'd have to arrive on Christmas Day and return on New Year's Day but oh well guess that's what I get for being 6,000 miles apart from family

e-mailing my dad and hoping he'll split the cost with me

Janson on
This discussion has been closed.