As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Complete map collection in OP! (NSF56K)

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
It's out now, folks! Why aren't you playing it?

MODERNWARFARETITLE.png

Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:

a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a dick, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.

Ground Rules

I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Due to previous controversy, I’m setting out some rules to ensure that we all have a good time here.

-No ‘LOL Treyarch’ posts: I don’t care if your cat was run over by a Treyarch employee, this is the MW2 thread, stay on topic.

-No PC vs console arguments: We’re all here to enjoy Modern Warfare 2, so play nice, and don’t perpetuate this stereotype of internet forums.

-Keep ethical debate civil: Discussing the inner workings of a game is what these threads are all about, but once again, play nice.

On Dedicated Servers, etc: This argument appears to have died down, and while any thread on even the most AAA of games is going to have people bring up (often legitamate) gripes (like Killer Croc in Batman:AA, or No Fighting in the War Room in this thread), I would like to think that the people who have been turned off from MW2 (your call and I respect your decision) have said their piece and can leave this thread to the people who are excited about this game.

-Remember your spoiler tags!

Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
Sivraj wrote: »
But for anyone trying to play multiplayer with their friends, here's an alternative to party chat:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/09/alternative-to-party-chat-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/

From the site:
Step One: Go to Xbox.com and log in to your account
Step Two: From your profile page, click on Privacy Settings (it's just to the right of your avatar)
Step Three: The top option should say Voice and Text. Set it to Friends Only. Save.

Now whenever you play "Modern Warfare 2" multiplayer you'll only hear people you are friends with.

Basically, you set your "Voice and Text" option to Friends Only. BAM, problem solved :D. I'm not sure if you can do it from your console though. The website only explains how to do it through Xbox.com.

Multiplayer Facts
Link
Friday, 13 November 2009
Modern Warfare 2The handling of weapons has changed significantly, they have been moved to one of the game's "fastfiles", encrypted.

My ability is not enough to crack them, though others have fared better.

At least the multiplayer weapons still operate very much like their COD4 predecessors.
Weapon damage in increments of ten. Damage loss after a distance depending on the weapon type.

Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.

Sniper rifles use the 70 damage with varying 1.5 and 1.1 multipliers.

The silencer appears to have a negative effect to sniper rifles, LMGs and possibly other weapons that do not lose damage over distance.
Also shotgun range is decreased by silencers.

Details on things that are not guns, of what was able to be ripped out of the fastfiles (so far) thanks to gagarin.

Sentry Gun has 1000 points of health.
Explosives deliver 7x their damage against a Sentry.
A Melee attack will instantly disable the Sentry.
The Sentry has the potential to fire continuously for eight seconds.
It recovers fully in four. If it "overheats", it will take eight seconds.

The UAV has 700 health and hangs around for thirty seconds.

Both Helicopters and the Pavelow have 1500 health.
The AI controlled Helicopters use three of the four same old Threat Factors.
Class Threat has been removed, presumably due to the Secondary Weapon diversity.

The Harrier has 3000 health.
Luckily, lots of things will instantly kill it (or at least really hurt it (and all other aircraft).
A Stinger, Javelin and other killstreaks (like the remote missile and AC130 guns) will instantly destroy it.
The RPG7 and AT4 will do whatever damage they do AND an extra 900 points of damage.

The AC-130 apparently only has 1000 health.
This is probably offset by the fact that it has two flare countermeasures and is way up in the air.
It lasts 40 seconds. All three guns are all available. They have a reload time of:
25mm = 1.5
40mm = 3.0
105mm = 5.0

The Care Package and Emergency Airdrop have a chance of dropping anything (except nukes).
Care Package has a much higher probability of dropping other low-Streak hardpoints, while the Emergency Airdrop evens up the chances for nearly anything up to the EMP.

On perks and a few other things:

The wait time between bursts for the FAMAS and M16 is still 0.2 seconds.

Stopping Power is still 1.4x against players.
Stopping Power Pro increases its damage against vehicles by 1.65x.

Danger Close is a bit stronger than it's predecessor, 1.4x increase in damage (rather than 1.25).

Blast Shield equipment cuts damage down to 0.45x (or 0.65?), ensuring almost always surviving anything.
Blast Shield and Danger Close will cancel each other out.
Semtex stuck to the player will ignore Blast Shield.

Commando adds 176 units of measurement to its 64 inch melee strike.
Commando Pro does indeed cut off all damage for any fall... and it appears that a lethal fall will make the player do a barrel roll instead.

Rapid Fire attachment has the same effect as Double Tap, multiplying time between shots by 0.75x (other way around, Rate of fire by 1.33x)
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration through walls and objects.

Painkiller adds 200 health to the player. If the player suffers at least 101 points of damage while Painkiller is active... he gets a reward. Throwing knives and melee attacks will still kill in one hit.

One Man Army allows the player to change his class on the fly in 6 seconds.
One Many Army Pro cuts that down to 3. It takes the place of the secondary weapon and can not be dropped.

Sleight of Hand still cuts reload time in half. Pro halves both sighting in and out.

Lightweight will multiply movement speed by 1.1x (I dunno, that's what it reads)
Lightweight Pro will multiply the delay between sprinting and being able to attack by 0.6x.

Ninja Pro and SitRep Pro will multiply Player footstep sound by 0.25x and enemy footsteps by 4x respectively.

The problem shotgun hitscans had with cars is dealt with, damage dealt to destructibles like barrels and cars are multiplied by four.
Cars and barrels have the same health and "on fire" health drain as they do in COD4.

Awesome video time! I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.

What about weapons, perks, etc?

Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
Primary Weapons

Assault Rifles
4 - M4A1
1 - FAMAS
9 - SCAR-H
20 - TAR-21
28 - FAL
40 - M16A4
48 - ACR
60 - F2000
70 - AK-47

Submachine Guns
4 - MP5K
1 - UMP 45
12 - TDI Vector
24 - P90
44 - Mini Uzi

Light Machine Guns
1 - L86 LSW
4 - RPD
16 - MG4
32 - AUG HBAR
52 - M240

Sniper Rifles
2 - Barrett Light Fifty
4 - Intervention
36 - WA2000
56 - M14 EBR

2 - Riot Shield

Secondary

Machine Pistols
3 - PP2000
22 - G18
38 - M93
58 - TMP

Shotguns
1 - SPAS-12
18 - AA-12
34 - Striker
42 - Ranger
54 - M1014
67 - Model 1887

Handguns
2 - USP.45
26 - Colt Anaconda
46 - M9
62 - Desert Eagle

Launchers
1 - AT4-HS
14 - M79 x2
30 - Stinger
50 - Javelin
65 - RPG-7 X2

Equipment

4 - Frag grenade: Cookable frags
4 - Semtax: Timed stickey explosives
7 - Throwing Knife: Throwable weapon, can be picked back up
11 - Tactical Insertion: Choose spawn position
19 - Blast Shield: Increased explosive resistance
31 - Claymore: Proximity mine
43: C4: Remote explosive device

Special Grenades:
x1 Smoke
x2 Flash
x2 Stun

Sweet map pictures! Images found on this dude's photobucket account.
Afghan:
Afghan.jpg

Derail
Derail.jpg

Estate
Estate.jpg

Favela
Favela.jpg

Highrise
Highrise.jpg

Invasion
Invasion.jpg

Karachi
Karachi.jpg

Quarry
Quarry1.jpg

Rundown
Rundown1.jpg

Rust
Rust.jpg

Scrapyard
Scrapyard.jpg

Skidrow
Skidrow.jpg

SubBase
SubBase.jpg

Terminal
Terminal.jpg

Underpass
Underpass.jpg

Wasteland
Wasteland.jpg

Primary weapon attachment list with help from Kris_xK (Secondary weapon attachment list pending):

Assault Rifles: ( M4A1, FAMAS, SCAR-H, TAR-21, FAL, M16A4, ACR, F2000, AK-47)
Grenade Launcher
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Shotgun
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Sub Machine Guns: (MP5K, UMP45, Vector, P90, Mini-Uzi)
Rapid Fire
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Akimbo
Holographic Sight
Thermal
Extended Mags

Light Machine Guns: (L86 LSW, RPD, MG4, AUG HBAR, M240)
Grip
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Snipers: (Intervention, Barrett .50 cal, WA2000, M21 EBR)
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
TIER 1
1 - Marathon: Unlimited sprint.
-Pro: Increased mantle speed. (Run 26 miles with this perk)
2 - Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading.
-Pro: Increased Aim Down Sight speed. (120 kills with this perk)
13 - Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies.
-Pro: Extra Mags. (100 Resupplies)
21 - Bling - 2 primary weapon attachments.
-Pro: Two attachments on secondary weapon. (200 kills with this perk)
45 - One Man Army - Switch classes without respawn.
-Pro: Swap classes faster. (120 kills with this perk)

TIER 2
1 - Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
-Pro: Increased damage to vehicles. (250 kills with this perk)
1 - Lightweight - Overall speed increase.
-Pro: Quick aim after sprinting. (Sprint 30 miles with this perk)
9 - Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
-Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death. (40 killstreaks [at least 2 kills] with this perk)
25 - Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
-Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted. (Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using this perk)
33 - Danger Close: Increased explosive damage.
-Pro: Extra air support damage. (100 explosive kills with this perk)

TIER 3
1 - Commando: Increased melee distance.
-Pro: No falling damage. (20 melee kills with this perk)
1 - Steady Aim: Increased hip accuracy.
-Pro: Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer to reduce sniper rifle sway). (80 hip-fire kills with this perk)
17 - Scrambler: Distorts nearby opponent's radar.
-Pro: Delay enemy claymore explosions. (50 close-range kills with this perk)
29 - Ninja: Invisible to heartbeat sensor. (Note: NINJA WORKS CORRECTLY ON THE HEARTBEAT SENSOR, IT IS A BUG IN THE KILLCAM.)
-Pro: Dead Silence (Move silently). (50 close-range kills with this perk)
37 - Sitrep: Locate enemy explosives and tactical insertions.
-Pro: Enemy footsteps louder. (Destroy 120 enemy devices using this perk)
41 - Last Stand: Pull out your pistol before dying for 10 seconds.
-Pro: Use grenades and equipment as well as your pistol. (20 Last Stand kills)

Kill/Deathstreak list:
Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks (Note: You start with UAV, Care Package and Predator Missile, you earn tokens to unlock more as you level up, first at level 10. These do stack now, meaning you won’t lose your previous rewards if you earn higher level ones. You also can’t take two killstreaks which require the same number of kills to earn at the same time).
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke (this instantly ends the match with you as the victor)

Deathstreaks
1 - Copycat - 4 deaths without a kill
6 - Painkiller - 3 deaths without a kill
27 - Martyrdom - 4 deaths without a kill
39 - Final Stand - 4 deaths without a kill

Neogaf's thread is alright for some other info and pretty pictures.

I want to play with people on this forum!

(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:

We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan

A PA CoD Clan is now full! At some point we're probably going to have to create a second tag, so bear with us.

There's also PA CoD4, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.

(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
PA Handle - PS3 Name

Gihgehls as Hellphish
Debaserzbs as FancyLad
Jokerman as Jokermein
Fourier_series as Fourier_series
Algertman as AlbertBOMB
Ah_Pook as Ah_Pook
Jean Claude Van Calm as Grimmsy- (yes, that's a dash there)
KidDynamite as NinjaForHire
Articus as Art__ (that's 2 underscores)
Shaggy as Mr_P1tt
kazanma as kazanma
DesertChicken as Desert Chicken
Pookiepoo as Pookie-san
Packman as jkolpack
Cincitucky as Cincitucky
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
PA Handle - Steam Name

Gihgehls as hellphish
Fleck0 as Fleck0
SirToasty as patoast
Dourin as Dourin
ReverendCaliber as ReverendCaliber

We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pamw2

And finally, a funny:

707743737_9t9ZR-L.jpg

PaperLuigi44 on

• aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yay new thread!

aBlank on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Picked up a handgun with Tactical Knife on it. Can you lunge with that thing?

joshgotro on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Played some hardcore TDM last night with Sheep and a few other guys. I did pretty damn well, other than accidentally shooting Sheep once with a rifle and then dropping a predator on him and a baddie... heehee. My K/D ratio was around 3-4 for most of the rounds we played.

ACR, silencer + holographic sight. PP-2000, silencer + red-dot sight. Bling, cold blooded, and ninja. Muahahaha!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    does anyone have some general tips from multiplayer?

i try to stick to the outside of most firefights and pick off stragglers/wounded.
    i find that i am easy sniper fodder.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have so gotta get the magnum unlocked again. I wish it were just possible to upload a new save file.

Jokerman on
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    belaraphon wrote: »
    does anyone have some general tips from multiplayer?

i try to stick to the outside of most firefights and pick off stragglers/wounded.
    i find that i am easy sniper fodder.

I'll repeat some advice that was given to me a while ago and that has served me quite well. Don't worry overmuch about not being good when you first start out. You're up against people who have been playing (the Multiplayer equivalent of) this game for years. If you can find a niche or play style that makes the game fun for you, go for it. If people complain about your play style, just mute them and move on.

Also, learning the maps is of paramount importance. Just knowing choke points and intersections and alternate routes to the same location (there are always alternate routes) will make the game loads easier. If you fail more than twice to reach your goal via one route, just take another one. Chances are you'll come up behind everyone, and having someone's back is pretty much the best advantage in the game.

npreecs on
    Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm super excited because I have recently discovered the joy of lightweight and the P90. It's nearly worthless at middle-to-long range, but I've been having most of my fun running around the map and taking people at choke points and corners. It's a blast. And then I unlocked 'rapid fire', which makes it even crazier. And then last night I unlocked 'akimbo'. This should be great.

Question, though. If you destroy someone's insertion point, does it alert them? I recently was tearing around one of the maps and stumbled upon a sniper nest with four guys, all facing away from me. Well I managed to melee all four of them, but then the first guy that I killed respawned at his insertion point, which was right next to where he died, and he got me. If I had gotten his insertion point first, would he have been informed that there was a dude with a knife right behind him? I'm trying to decide if there's a proper order, here.

npreecs on
    Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So what's the general consensus, any of you dudes going to prestige? Is there a reason to do it, other than a new icon next to your name or does it unlock something worth having? I prestiged a couple times in COD4 but by the third one I was pretty much sick of it. Think I'm just going to rock the 5 stars and unlock everything on every gun this time around.

Selecta on
    MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    npreecs wrote: »
    Also, learning the maps is of paramount importance. Just knowing choke points and intersections and alternate routes to the same location (there are always alternate routes) will make the game loads easier. If you fail more than twice to reach your goal via one route, just take another one. Chances are you'll come up behind everyone, and having someone's back is pretty much the best advantage in the game.
    This is very good advice. Learn the maps. Once you learn where people tend to run to, you can find an alternate route to that same spot. Some of the flanking you can do on the maps is just great. There's nothing better than coming up behind 4 dudes who are staring out of their little camping spot and just ruining them.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

Yes. Very far. You teleport forward at the speed of light about 12 feet with it w/ Commando/Lightweight.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What is the tac knife, how is it different from other things and why do I want it? I see a lot of people saying, "Do X for tac knife" or "I have the tax knife" but I don't know why.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited November 2009
    Selecta wrote: »
    So what's the general consensus, any of you dudes going to prestige? Is there a reason to do it, other than a new icon next to your name or does it unlock something worth having? I prestiged a couple times in COD4 but by the third one I was pretty much sick of it. Think I'm just going to rock the 5 stars and unlock everything on every gun this time around.

It unlocks more class slots. I will be doing it for that alone. Plus, I enjoy unlocking things, so it'll extend my "I get to unlock stuff" time.

Darkewolfe on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Selecta wrote: »

Whee double post; I'm not prestiging because my favorite weapon in MW1 was the AK-47, and since now it's even meaner, I really am not going to give it up once I hit 70.

Also Fall camo looks terrible, why is it the last one? No more gold weapons, even though they looked terrible.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

What is the tac knife, how is it different from other things and why do I want it? I see a lot of people saying, "Do X for tac knife" or "I have the tax knife" but I don't know why.

It's an attachment for the secondary semi-auto handguns like the Deagle, Magnum .44, USP and M9. It allows a faster knife animation and quicker recovery times than the standard knife, and when combined with Commando/Lightweight/Marathon is an absolute blast to use on close maps with lots of cover, because you sneak up behind the 3 snipers and stab them all in the back, then camp their TacInserts.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited November 2009

It's an attachment for the secondary semi-auto handguns like the Deagle, Magnum .44, USP and M9. It allows a faster knife animation and quicker recovery times than the standard knife, and when combined with Commando/Lightweight/Marathon is an absolute blast to use on close maps with lots of cover, because you sneak up behind the 3 snipers and stab them all in the back, then camp their TacInserts.

So, totally necessary for knife build, gotcha. I've been frustrated with my knife recovery time, because sometimes I'll lunge at someone, only to discover he had two buddies. I'll get two down, but the third will get me as I'm trying to recover/shoot.

Darkewolfe on
    edited November 2009

So, totally necessary for knife build, gotcha. I've been frustrated with my knife recovery time, because sometimes I'll lunge at someone, only to discover he had two buddies. I'll get two down, but the third will get me as I'm trying to recover/shoot.

The best part about it is that most of the time the second guy is so shocked to see you suddenly fly towards his teammate and see him fall in a crumpled mass that you have enough time to get the 2nd knife off on him. It's such great fun to imagine how his heart jumped from the sudden "Oh sweet jes- oh my god!"

Oh and by the way, if you want to do a knife build, practice with the pre-made class with the .44 Mag w/ Tacknife. It's got the right perks for it, and will count towards your magnum kills so you can later build your own version of it. Until you unlock Akimbo for the single-shots, it is very painful to get the 75/100 kills needed to unlock the knife for them.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    The sound in this game is pretty terrible. The M134 in particular sounds like ass. They really didn't put much effort into the single player.

I also notice the Intervention has different audio for SP and MP. What the hell's up with that?

Mechanical on
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Oh yeah, I unlocked the tac knife for the .45 and it makes one huge difference. Going all Snake up in some MP. Stabby McStabberton time.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I sat down to play this game for 40 minutes the other night. Four hours later, I went to bed.

Is that level up/challenge completed screaming guitar sound scientifically engineered to make a rush of adrenaline/endorphins flow through your bloodstream as quickly as possible, or is it just me?

EDIT: Also, if I sign up at infinityward.com, can I check my stats from there, or can I only view them in-game?

rufo on
    edited November 2009
    Rubix42 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I unlocked the tac knife for the .45 and it makes one huge difference. Going all Snake up in some MP. Stabby McStabberton time.

Took the knife build into free-for-all last night and finally got the "Lone Wolf" (obvious for me) title after going 30-6.

I really, really, really wish you could set kill streaks by build. My knife build needs UAV/counter UAV etc., but my normal builds are all "kill dudez for C130."

Darkewolfe on
    edited November 2009
    rufo wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, if I sign up at infinityward.com, can I check my stats from there, or can I only view them in-game?

You can't check them there. Supposedly you can in the future, but not now.

Mechanical on
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Are Akimbo SMGs worthwhile?

Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
    edited November 2009

Do you enjoy aiming? If not, go for it. I don't advocate them myself as I like to hit what I'm shooting.

Mechanical on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Knife builds are the worst...

I can see the fun in it for a few rounds. But it seems to me that it completely takes all the skill out and just throws it up to luck. Are people going to see you run down that coridoor as you search for people to stab? When you turn that corner will they be close enough to stab, or far enough away to shoot? Will they be looking at you?

Seems like everyone who uses a knife build will end up with the same score regardless of skill set...

Ive only been killed by knifers a few times, because I usually quit out on small maps with one. Just not worth my time to not have fun.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

Do you enjoy aiming? If not, go for it. I don't advocate them myself as I like to hit what I'm shooting.

in smaller maps its fun as hell but its not the best way to play. I do it for my own amusement. Running around a corner spraying 2 rapid fire akimbo ump45s is just fun. Amazingly i do manage to kill a decent number of people.

edit: it just might take a clip or two to do it.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The problem about using guns is that when you come around the corner and shoot, you are usually dead because on the other guy's machine you have been around the corner for half a second already.

And the problem with using knives is that you knife a guy in the back but then you die because on his screen he already turned around half a second before and knifed you.

So basically,the only way to play is to be host. Or american.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • pogo1250pogo1250 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    The problem about using guns is that when you come around the corner and shoot, you are usually dead because on the other guy's machine you have been around the corner for half a second already.

And the problem with using knives is that you knife a guy in the back but then you die because on his screen he already turned around half a second before and knifed you.

i think someone is bitter

pogo1250 on
    310457-1.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    pogo1250 wrote: »

i think someone is bitter

Nah, just German.

Also,I do enjoy my crazy knifing. I haven't shot a single gun in this game in 3 days.
    I live and die by the knife.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, the game wouldnt be quite as annoying if it werent for the kill cams showing you that what happened and what you originally saw happen were not remotely the same.

The amount of times ive shot a guy in the face, died, then saw his kill cam where he looked at me for 3 seconds after i turned the corner, shot me while I never fired a shot is pretty insane.

I find in order to enjoy this game i have to switch up my style every 4 days or so. Right now Im on a big "lay in some bushes in the middle of the map with a sniper" kick. Having people walk right next to you, or even lay down on top of you is exhillirating. I cant wait until I get cold blooded pro so people stop shooting at team mates near me and seeing my name pop up.

Also, team mates need to stop standing by me when preditor drones come in. The number of matches ive gone 14-1 cause some d-bag decided sitting next to a sniper while a big explosion targets him was a good idea is disheartening.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just on a side note, I think it's really funny that no matter what your play style is, people think it's cheating.

Sit back and snipe, protecting yourself with claymore? Camper noob you suck I quit.
    Stabby Roberto time? Knifer noob, you suck I quit.
    Assault rifle grenade launcher? Noob tube jerk, you suck I quit
    Dual SMG's? Akimbo noob, you suck I quit.
    Stand there and die? Ah, finally, someone I can play with that doesn't cheat...

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Not had that issue at all in the UK...tend to get the jump, but then I did play COD4 MP for about a year solid.

Oh and knife builds can be fun at times, but I tend to single out "I am leet and will rush you" types and rape them all match, like the guy I had 2 games with who was running at everyone with dual sawn off shotguns, jumping like it was Halo to avoid head-shots and generally thinking he was the shit and we were no threat...

...I singled him out completely, think you can rush my RPD with grip and holographic? nope, oh you went prone, I think I can handle aiming at the ground, oh your jumping about, I have to move my thumb a millimeter up to hit you...

Venkman90 on
  • eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    riot shield

riot shield

whatcha gonna do?
    whatcha gonna do?

when i come for you.

riot shield riot shield.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    riot shield

riot shield

whatcha gonna do?
    whatcha gonna do?

when i come for you.

riot shield riot shield.

Grenade attachment. Boom. You're dead.

The_Scarab on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    also....give me suggestions for getting better. Should I learn to move around more or should i learn the good sniper / "camping" spots on maps? etc. etc.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
    edited November 2009
    See, stabby roberto is the only one I even find annoying. Mainly because a) i see no counter to it and b) it doesnt seem to take any skill. I mean, im sure picking out your targets to hunt down does take some brains, so it has some. But the physical skill is gone, its simply get close and stab, no twitch. Which is fine, but it would just get old to be real quick.

Gernade launchers are a bit annoying, but good luck killing more then one person per life, the reload is terrible and a good team will kill you after the first shot.

Dual smgs, again, kill one person and his team will probably take you out. Plus, you need to aim at least a bit.

Camping? Find an alternate route, and sneak up on him.

Stabby Roberto...

I guess I could sit in a corner staring at a doorway...all match....

but thats not fun for me, so I go play a match that is. Nothing personal, im not gunna go on live and call people fags and tell them to use a real weapon. Im just going to find a match I enjoy. And if the game devolves into just knives, I'll find a game I enjoy. Life is too short to get stabbed to death over and over again :)

PS: I will ask all you knifers do me a favor and kill anyone you find using the javalin. Ive only experienced it once, but it seemed to me like it was a constant preditor drone...so go stab those guys.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Venkman90 wrote: »

Not had that issue at all in the UK...tend to get the jump, but then I did play COD4 MP for about a year solid.

I'm in the UK, and problem seems to be more that I'm running to cover and get killed when I thought I was concealed, when on the other guy's cam I'm clearly in the open. I've had major trouble with knife contests, as well.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I swear when the game on my end says "Predator missile, inbound" it must be coming out on my teammates end as "Group photo time, stack the fuck up"

bejeavis on
  • T3rryT3rry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Knife builds are the worst...

I can see the fun in it for a few rounds. But it seems to me that it completely takes all the skill out and just throws it up to luck. Are people going to see you run down that coridoor as you search for people to stab? When you turn that corner will they be close enough to stab, or far enough away to shoot? Will they be looking at you?

Seems like everyone who uses a knife build will end up with the same score regardless of skill set...

Ive only been killed by knifers a few times, because I usually quit out on small maps with one. Just not worth my time to not have fun.

if you cant beat em, quit.

T3rry on
    edited November 2009
    I will fully admit that I can not beat knife users. Not sure how to unless I camp like crazy, which isnt that fun. So yes, I will quit and do something I enjoy. Its about having fun after all.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My knife build has a riot shield primary to prevent exactly that kind of thing.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!