As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Questions, Discussion and Tutorials

1585960616264»

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Im a 3d nub, but isn't it as simple as finding the 'smooth edges' function?

Sublimus on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Not quite. The model on the right doesn't have a subsurface modifier either, which is probably what you mean. Yeah, if I slap a subsurf on mine and crank it up to 4 or 5, it gets smoothed out, but that's because the component surfaces are smaller - they're still lit individually.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is neither here nor there, but holy cripes she's got a hip-bulge. May want to tone that down a smidge.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also she's got some capital knockers :^:

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Also she's got some capital knockers :^:

You have no idea how long those took. I gave her a double mastectomy halfway through the process and started over. And I had to shrink them from where they were.

Pro-tip: Don't use an anime character as a side-view, because modest breasts in anime are still redonkulous.

Edit: I was really tempted to make a new thread titled "Let me show you my tits" or "Help fix my tits", or something along those lines.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's the surface texture on your model. I haven't done 3D in quite some time, and I don't use Blender, but that's the issue there.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I tinkered around with that for a good while - I appreciate the pointer, but I dunno if that's the problem. The second model doesn't have any textures applied, and that wouldn't explain why the boobs are lit per vertex instead of per polygon on mine.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    I don't use Blender, but it's not a texture thing, or a matter of modifying the geometry. In Maya it's an edge property, in MAX you use smoothing groups.

Quickly googled some stuff, scroll down to section 3.2 here, it seems to be what you're looking for.
    http://feeblemind.tuxfamily.org/dotclear/index.php/2007/08/13/88-how-to-solve-blenders-smoothing-problems

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Out of curiosity, what did you google to find that result? I googled for a bit but didn't find anything helpful.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    "soften edges blender"

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So yeah, I'm thinking of jumping on the graphics tablet bandwagon. I think a wacom bamboo is the way to go, but I don't really get the difference between the normal and 'fun' models or what have you. Also, with the increase in touch-screen technology (i.e. iPhone) is now a bad time to be buying a tablet?

Flay on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No, touchscreen devices for graphics or illustration work are going to be fairly expensive for awhile.

rts on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    So yeah, I'm thinking of jumping on the graphics tablet bandwagon. I think a wacom bamboo is the way to go, but I don't really get the difference between the normal and 'fun' models or what have you. Also, with the increase in touch-screen technology (i.e. iPhone) is now a bad time to be buying a tablet?

The diference is that one comes with software, while the other one does not... but really... who uses that crappy tablet software? Also, one has an eraser end while the other does not... but again... some people use the eraser end of their tablets while some just use keyboard commands to switch tools.

I'd suggest buying the one that fits your desk and personal size, because the Bamboo and Bamboo Fun both perform exactly the same. Also, keep an eye out for the new tablets that allow you to use your finger in adition to the stylus.

MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.