As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: Old thread

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love you all, and I love guns. Oh how I love guns.

But L4D2 has guns AND Zombies (and Clowns!). Call me back when I can shoot zombies with guns in this game too :mrgreen:

I'll still be posting all relevant information on the WWB group page when appropriate. Though since the chat has pretty much died there, "Thanks, Randy & Gamespy!", this thread will likely remain the best place for info and arranging games for a while

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone else having issues with shadows not rendering properly on PC? I think it's a Steam version problem, but maybe it affects all versions, idunno. Anyway, this is what my game looks like sometimes:
    borderlandssteambroken.jpg
    Sadface. :cry: It tends to go away (at least temporarily) on reboot, so that's something, but still...

That seems to happen to me every time I alt-tab, good to know its not just me that it is happening too. This is assuming it doesn't flat out crash on me like it does over half the time I alt-tab.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I found a dark orange CR last night, level 42 I think. Sadly its not very good. It has no elemental effect on it and the clip size is fairly small.

I've been playing co-op with a buddy. I'm Mordecai bird spec, and he's Lilith. Even with my super powerful bird, it feels like he does most of the work. I can get a few kills once every thirty seconds or so, whereas he never stops being a badass ever. I haven't tried Roland or Brick yet, but just from what I've seen of Mordecai and Lilith, the classes are not very balanced. Lilith is just goddamn amazing. My friend is using a level 25 orange SMG and he does way more damage than me with my 42 CR.

If you're in your 40's, you should try playing without a point spent on the bird tree. Don't even worry about Fast Hands. No points in the Hunter tree.

Go Gunslinger, and max all the non-bird and non-melee skills, the most important being Gun crazy, Lethal, Hair trigger and Killer. Then fill up Sniper (skipping Carrion Call, Loaded or Smirk), the ultimate goal being to get Trespass maxed out (the 100% bypass shields skill).

Then find yourself some good revolvers and repeaters, and a good Gunslinger mod. You can hang onto a good Sniper mod and your choice of rifles for those (rare) occasions where a scoped revolver won't get the job done, and you probably had to spend 5 points in Caliber to get Trespass unlocked anyway.

First thing that happens is you find that the game is actually fun again, since you're not relying on a Artificial Stupidity controlled NPC that gets stuck on doorways to do your killing, nor are you reliant on the vagaries of headshotting with a sniper rifle.

Next thing you find is that your damage output is pretty damned amazing, especially once you get your kill-based bonuses rolling. Try to find a Firehawk (4x fire, high RoF), a Pestilent Defiler (4x corrosive and generally solid base damage), and if you manage to find a Gunslinger mod with pistol ammo regen, the otherwise crappy Double Thanatos repeater becomes an unbelievable close-range ammo-gulping instrument of death, putting shotguns and SMG's to shame. Those three weapons and a good purple Gunslinger mod will allow you to deal with most anything.

Maxed-out Riotous Remedy and Transfusion grenades will keep you alive. Because of that, I prefer Tough Guy shields over healing shields or raw shield capacity, to take advantage of the near constant healing I'm getting in combat.

With maxed Trespass, there's no need to worry about their shields, so you can pretty much forego Static weapons (except for Guardians) if you want, and concentrate on raw damage, Corrosive and Fire.

Just plain ignore CR/MG/SMG/Shotguns/Alien unless you're wanting to max your proficiencies for the hell of it or to take advantage of the extra ammo. 99% of your kills will come from pistols. CR's and MG's are particularly bad for a non-Soldier, because they tend to be built to take advantage of ammo capacity, accuracy and RoF increases that come from the various Roland skill trees.

If you've been sniping a lot up to this point, forget about it. Don't worry too much about headshots, especially with repeaters. Aim for the legs and let the burst walk up, you'll find that the recoil on most repeaters hits a maximum vertical limit, and if you aim low, it ends at about head level, with practice. You still get tons of crits, and even BadMuthas melt pretty quick to the wall of lead you're putting out.

With revolvers, also take advantage of the increased RoF you get from Hair Trigger and Killer, and blast away.

About the only time I hit the (F) key now is by mistake, when I meant to throw a (G)renade.

TL;DR, a bird-based Hunter is something of a trap, and doesn't let you fully take advantage of Borderland's best feature. In a world of a bazillion guns, be a gunslinger, not a birdslinger!

Croak on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    That seems to happen to me every time I alt-tab, good to know its not just me that it is happening too. This is assuming it doesn't flat out crash on me like it does over half the time I alt-tab.
    See, this is why I play in a window. Something about alt-tab causes games to go all wiggity-whack when they're run full-screen. Running in a window, I find that if I launch the game and crazy shadows don't show up while Claptrap is running around on the intro-screen, I'm good to go no matter how many times I switch windows.
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Call me back when I can shoot zombies with guns in this game too
    If you're on the 360 or PS3, expect a call in all of 6 days when the ZOMBIE island of Dr. Ned DLC gets released. :P Personally, I can hold out for the zombies that drop loot.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, so much fun. Can't wait to play more tonight. I don't play much online, but I played briefly with a friend of a friend last night, and he was bragging to like a 12 year old kid about how his gun was so awesome and could kill that kid in a duel in like one hit.

I was quite embarrassed and pretended not to know him for the rest of the time we played.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • AbbalahAbbalah Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ending:
    So...what? We opened the vault, but there was just a monster inside? We DIDN'T open it and got a monster instead? We...opened it, got a monster, and have to come back in 200 years for the treasure? I'm not clear on exactly what the hell.

I think the people saying the boss was trivial probably outleveled it, though. I was level 32 when I fought it and it depleted most of my considerable ammo supplies to kill it; I might not have had enough to bring it down if I hadn't had my Unending Firepower revolver.

Abbalah on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Abbalah wrote: »
    ending:
    So...what? We opened the vault, but there was just a monster inside? We DIDN'T open it and got a monster instead? We...opened it, got a monster, and have to come back in 200 years for the treasure? I'm not clear on exactly what the hell.

I think the people saying the boss was trivial probably outleveled it, though. I was level 32 when I fought it and it depleted most of my considerable ammo supplies to kill it; I might not have had enough to bring it down if I hadn't had my Unending Firepower revolver.

My interpretation of the ending.

Either the beast was in the vault as a protection, or because at some point in the past the eridians unleashed it and were unable to stop it. You killed the fucker and the vault closed for 200 years.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so Borderlands has two SpikeTV VGA nominations, one for best RPG and one for best multi-player, neither of which it can conceivably win versus class heavyweights DA:E and MW2/L4D2 respectively I assume.

Still, yay, I guess.

But this video of Kristin Bell revealing Borderlands as a nominee is a little surreal. Does she game? Does she use her "wits, weapons and... vehicles" to kill bandits and vagina monsters like the rest of us?

Also, the Borderlands image on the VGA voting page appears to be from AvP and the video clip contains no actual multi-player.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Until last night I was a die-hard "Autorifle" Roland, using a Support Gunner build. However I have an awesome collection of Soldier COMs and had been hearing good things about Heavy Gunner, so I decided to try it out. It was pretty awesome, turning my Autorifle into a buzzsaw of death (albeit inaccurate). Unfortunately it chewed through ammo way too fast for having no regen, a single short skirmish against a dozen bandits chewed through nearly a thousand rounds!

So instead I switched to a pretty decent Burst C.Rifle I had picked up the night before and tried it with that. It made quite the difference, Still chewing through bullets, but it was more manageable, then I was suggested to give the Supply Drop skill a shot (something I had never even considered) and suddenly with even 1 point in it I found myself well stocked for the most part, nothing looting ammo in the field couldn't keep up with. I think I might be a convert, especially for solo play.

So this gun
    intensestomper.png

This COM
    heavygunnercom.png

And this build are doing very well for me. The Rifle could be better (but its still pretty good), and I think I would prefer a Damage% increase rather than RoF% increase on the COM, but it works pretty good solo.

Haven't tried soloing Promitory (or doing it in a team) Play 2 yet though. I was having trouble against the Lance, the Guardians too, so I'm a bit worried the build might not be any good against them.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • DigitalismDigitalism Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ending:

My interpretation of the ending:
    The Eridians were almost completely wiped out by this world destroying monster. Before they became completely extinct they managed to seal the monster away in an interdimensional prison which would not kill the monster but would simply imprison it, sealing its power. Whatever happened to the Eridians remains unknown, perhaps they left the planet Pandora, but they left Eridian guardians to ensure the prison, the vault, would remain closed forever.

The "Guardian Angel" knew that Commandant Steele was trying to assemble all of the pieces of the vault key, hoping to utilise whatever technology or powers she thought would be in the vault. This is where the player character comes in, and so the Guardian Angel guides you towards obtaining all of the vault pieces before Steele does. The Guardian Angel somehow knew that Steele and the Crimson Lance would not be powerful enough to destroy this monster should they open the vault, so she guides you to all of the pieces knowing that you would become powerful enough to destroy the monster while it was still weakened as it crossed from it's dimensional prison over to Pandora's dimension.

Pandora's Box is an old Greek myth, the box (or jar) contained all the evils of the world which mankind had not faced before. When it was opened it unleashed all of these evils on the unsuspecting world. Obviously Gearbox wanted to draw a parallel between the vault opening on planet Pandora and the old myth of Pandora's Box.

TL;DR There was nothing inside the vault, no riches, no women, no power, it was just a giant prison/holding cell for the world destroying monster which the Eridians tried so hard to seal away forever.

Digitalism on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My interpretation of the ending...is I liked it.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Iolo wrote: »
    Okay, so Borderlands has two SpikeTV VGA nominations, one for best RPG and one for best multi-player, neither of which it can conceivably win versus class heavyweights DA:E and MW2/L4D2 respectively I assume.

Still, yay, I guess.

But this video of Kristin Bell revealing Borderlands as a nominee is a little surreal. Does she game? Does she use her "wits, weapons and... vehicles" to kill bandits and vagina monsters like the rest of us?

Also, the Borderlands image on the VGA voting page appears to be from AvP and the video clip contains no actual multi-player.

Watch the votes be so split between L4D2, MW2, and ODST that Borderlands ends up winning by a narrow margin. Hey, it could happen. But yeah, not likely.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited November 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    My interpretation of the ending...is I liked it.

I did too, but I like things that end kind of vaguely instead of like EXPOSITION! At least we didn't find out that it was all a dream that Pam had and bobby is still alive...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BAHAHAHA I HAVE FINALLY PURCHASED THIS GAME!

*glee*

Imperfect on
  • zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NEW PC TWEAK:

There's a setting in WillowEngine.ini: "OneFrameThreadLag=true"
    Change it to false if you don't want one frame of lag between your mouse motion and rendering.
    Make sure you also have the previously OP listed "bMouseSmoothing" value set to false.

This made a HUGE difference for me, the game feels so much more responsive now, especially in online play.

zhen_rogue on
  • thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Digitalism wrote: »
    ending:

The Eridians were almost completely wiped out by this world destroying monster. Before they became completely extinct they managed to seal the monster away in an interdimensional prison which would not kill the monster but would simply imprison it, sealing its power. Whatever happened to the Eridians remains unknown, perhaps they left the planet Pandora, but they left Eridian guardians to ensure the prison, the vault, would remain closed forever.

The "Guardian Angel" knew that Commandant Steele was trying to assemble all of the pieces of the vault key, hoping to utilise whatever technology or powers she thought would be in the vault. This is where the player character comes in, and so the Guardian Angel guides you towards obtaining all of the vault pieces before Steele does. The Guardian Angel somehow knew that Steele and the Crimson Lance would not be powerful enough to destroy this monster should they open the vault, so she guides you to all of the pieces knowing that you would become powerful enough to destroy the monster while it was still weakened as it crossed from it's dimensional prison over to Pandora's dimension.

Pandora's Box is an old Greek myth, the box (or jar) contained all the evils of the world which mankind had not faced before. When it was opened it unleashed all of these evils on the unsuspecting world. Obviously Gearbox wanted to draw a parallel between the vault opening on planet Pandora and the old myth of Pandora's Box.

TL;DR There was nothing inside the vault, no riches, no women, no power, it was just a giant prison/holding cell for the world destroying monster which the Eridians tried so hard to seal away forever.

I think that's about right.
    Aside from the Pandora's Box parallel, it also has some elements in common with the Chthulu mythos. The Vault is a secure prison for the cosmic horror, but it weakens every 200 years when the stars are right. Also, I rather liked finding out who the Guardian Angel actually was. The whole adventure made sense after that.

vonPoon: You do know you can hit "f" again to have the bird come back to you right now, right?

thepizzaelemental on
    MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
    edited November 2009
    vonPoon: You do know you can hit "f" again to have the bird come back to you right now, right?
    I imagine this is one of those things that shows up in a "tooltip" or a "manual" that I have to "read". I was told there would be no reading, only shooting. Regardless, I still don't like the bird's propensity to get stuck on terrain/buildings, and it's sometimes wonky target acquisition, and it's weaksauce damage in Playthrough 2. The fact that there's a "come on back now" option is certainly nice though.

vonPoonBurGer on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    I need to finish some low level sidestuffs before I can move on an test Phase Strike for reelz.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ending:

Aside from the Pandora's Box parallel, it also has some elements in common with the Chthulu mythos. The Vault is a secure prison for the cosmic horror, but it weakens every 200 years when the stars are right. Also, I rather liked finding out who the Guardian Angel actually was. The whole adventure made sense after that.

Well, regarding the Guardian Angel:
    I suspected she was an AI from fairly early on. If she had been an actual human, she could have sent far more normal looking communications. The woman in the transmission really only had about 5 different facial expressions that were recycled. And they would change rather abrubtly. The way an AI using stock footage to appear human would look.

Then when she talks about not being able to see you once the Echo network goes down, I started to become quite confident in my assesment. And then her discussion of "this lifetime" and then "your lifetime" made it blatantly obvious that I was right.

gjaustin on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    gjaustin wrote: »
    ending:

I suspected she was an AI from fairly early on. If she had been an actual human, she could have sent far more normal looking communications. The woman in the transmission really only had about 5 different facial expressions that were recycled. And they would change rather abrubtly. The way an AI using stock footage to appear human would look.

Then when she talks about not being able to see you once the Echo network goes down, I started to become quite confident in my assesment. And then her discussion of "this lifetime" and then "your lifetime" made it blatantly obvious that I was right.
    Plus you could add in her compassion for the Clap Trap at the beginning of the game.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't missed any newly discovered ini tweaks that will increase solo game difficulty, have I? Searching has so far told me there is nothing to increase difficulty except going co-op.

Oh, and explosive shotguns are way too much fun. That is all.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    ending:

Plus you could add in her compassion for the Clap Trap at the beginning of the game.

I was really disappointed that my theory didn't turn out correct.
    Most of assumed there was something really bad in the vault, what with the Pandora connection and everything. I was positive that the "angel" would be a demon in the vault who had set up the whole vault myth, projections, clues for whats-her-face and all that to try to trick someone into busting it out. Then you'd get to kill it all heroic-like. That would've been more predictable, but also would've made more sense based on everything.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Watch the votes be so split between L4D2, MW2, and ODST that Borderlands ends up winning by a narrow margin. Hey, it could happen. But yeah, not likely.
    Best PC Game of the Year:

L4D2
    Dragon Age: Origins

then we have...

Plants vs. Zombies
    The Sims 3.

I mean seriously, who came up with these nominees? The fans would not vote this... or... would they?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I haven't missed any newly discovered ini tweaks that will increase solo game difficulty, have I? Searching has so far told me there is nothing to increase difficulty except going co-op.

Oh, and explosive shotguns are way too much fun. That is all.

I've heard mention that the ini tweak to make the game harder does work while in co-op, but only while in co-op. I guess it's ignored in single player or something (or the single-player setting still hasn't been found yet).

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ODST was pretty much the WORST purchase of the year. It was like 5 minutes long.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I imagine this is one of those things that shows up in a "tooltip" or a "manual" that I have to "read". I was told there would be no reading, only shooting. Regardless, I still don't like the bird's propensity to get stuck on terrain/buildings, and it's sometimes wonky target acquisition, and it's weaksauce damage in Playthrough 2. The fact that there's a "come on back now" option is certainly nice though.

Well, the damage is not really a factor when the bird attacks up to nine targets, with a 100% chance to daze (and corrode/shock/burn/explode) and no cooldown. Assuming there are less than 9 people, the damage stacks up pretty quick, anyway.

As for getting stuck or problems detecting targets, bloodwing will generally go where you are aiming your gun.

I guess you can go with a Sniper/Gunslinger build, if you're a boring person.:P

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Nickle wrote: »
    Well, the damage is not really a factor when the bird attacks up to nine targets, with a 100% chance to daze (and corrode/shock/burn/explode) and no cooldown. Assuming there are less than 9 people, the damage stacks up pretty quick, anyway.

As for getting stuck or problems detecting targets, bloodwing will generally go where you are aiming your gun.

Exactly why I love bloodwing.

He does all of that, plus leeches health from every enemy he hits AND I can have the cooldown be non-existent with my skill put into lowering bloodwing cooldown with every sniper rifle hit.

I have bloodwing ready for more before he even comes back to me.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You know I think my brother put playing with randoms online pretty well.

"Oh...everyone knows how to work together just fine during fights, but when there is loot to be had it's every man for himself."

Dragkonias on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    ODST was pretty much the WORST purchase of the year. It was like 5 minutes long.

Enjoy that completely subjective and hyperbolic opinion. Bungie said it was an expansion, not a full game. They also said it about a million times. Buying it expecting anything else is the fault of the consumer, not the developers.

Sadly, Borderlands simply cannot contend as a GotY to me despite being a great game. Considering that almost the entire reason I bought the game was to be able to play with my brother in the Navy but the shitty hosting has completely prevented that, it loses out on sheer brokenness. Also, the shitty treatment of the PC community by Gearbox.

Incidentally, I was able to play ODST with my brother with absolutely no problem. Already puts it leagues ahead of a broken, albeit enjoyable, game.

Also, L4D2? Whiskey tango foxtrot? ODST was at least always proclaimed to be nothing more than an expansion pack and it at least comes with a bunch of extras; L4D2 is just L4D... with duller characters, some extra guns, a couple pointless new enemies, and new maps. Wait, that sounds just like an expansion pack passed off as a full game. Good thing Valve would never do something like that.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited November 2009

Exactly why I love bloodwing.

He does all of that, plus leeches health from every enemy he hits AND I can have the cooldown be non-existent with my skill put into lowering bloodwing cooldown with every sniper rifle hit.

I have bloodwing ready for more before he even comes back to me.

I love bloodwing the most for Spiderants.

"What's that, you're all coming at me? Oh wait, now you're all dazed and have turned to the side."

And then I use my masher to punt them over mountains.

Really though, Bloodwing is the best character in this game. They need to make a Bloodwing spin-off. Maybe a TV show.

RE: ODST: I tried to play it, but I kept wondering why I was running around in a foggy city from a generic N64 shooter. I guess I don't know enough (anything) about the Halo universe, but god that game was incredibly boring and bland. And then you switch from a generic guy running around at night to some other generic guy earlier that day, and shoot more aliens, I guess?

Nickle on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    RE: ODST: I tried to play it, but I kept wondering why I was running around in a foggy city from a generic N64 shooter. I guess I don't know enough (anything) about the Halo universe, but god that game was incredibly boring and bland. And then you switch from a generic guy running around at night to some other generic guy earlier that day, and shoot more aliens, I guess?

Yeah, ODST does require a fair understanding of the Halo games. Otherwise, it will just seem like some random events. You also won't notice the difference between being the Master Chief (cyborg super-soldier) and an ODST (soldier in armor with extra training). It also takes a bit to figure out what is going on and see how things all come together. Definitely not a conventional FPS.

Also, hyperbole is fun. Yeah, ODST was just packed with boring and bland characters. Let's all go play CoD: MW2, an FPS like every other CoD game except more Modern and a 5-hour campaign. And N64 graphics? Yeah, that's just stupid.

Except for the Rookie, who really was boring and bland. I mean, he was supposed to be, but still.

Anyway, between Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed 2, and multiple other games, I'm hoping Gearbox might actually get around to some useful patching by the time I decide to try out Roland or Mordecai. Pity about that Zombie Island DLC; if they won't bother to fix their game, can't say I can be bothered to purchase even something as awesome as that. Right now, the chances seem extremely low that the PC will see any sort of proper patches anytime soon.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited November 2009
    And N64 graphics? Yeah, that's just stupid.

I didn't so much mean like the quality of the textures, or the graphics per se, more the art design. Just bland, boxy, black buildings, and some kind of "fog" that made everything look like I had vasoline on my screen. It just looked horrible.

And yeah, I'll take MW2's Soap over Nathan Fillion's "I play the same smartass character in everything I do but people somehow still love me despite my inability to actually act" character.

But that's beside the point, since neither of those games have corrosive spiraling rocket launchers, or blood-thirsty hawks, and so they lose by default.

Nickle on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I didn't so much mean like the quality of the textures, or the graphics per se, more the art design. Just bland, boxy, black buildings, and some kind of "fog" that made everything look like I had vasoline on my screen. It just looked horrible.

And yeah, I'll take MW2's Soap over Nathan Fillion's "I play the same smartass character in everything I do but people somehow still love me despite my inability to actually act" character.

But that's beside the point, since neither of those games have corrosive spiraling rocket launchers, or blood-thirsty hawks, and so they lose by default.

I have no idea he did a voice in the game. Is this "Buck" fella a major role? If so, I might actually have to play my first game of Halo beyond a meager sampling way back in the original X-Box days.

In Borderland news, I just can't seem to get into any role other than Gunslinger now. Highly accurate death revolvers are just so much fun, even though I do like mixing in some highly-durable Roland from time to time.

Galielmus on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm on my third character. Started with a Siren, got bitten by the 'UNLOCK ALL QUESTS BUG' and we sorta retired that group due to having no real direction and having to sort through shittons of missions to see where we were meant to be, and the whole TK Clone bug was irritating. So we started over (as we got a new player) and switched characters around....
    I just started my first play-through (PS3). After a while I decided to jump into a random public game and it unlocked a large list of quests and caused what I'm assuming is the TK clone bug you speak of. I originally thought that those quests unlocked because someone I was playing with had them all but I suppose I got nailed with these bugs....ick. Not willing to restart the char so I guess I'm stuck with it. These glitches (the team audio in particular) are really ruining the experience.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited November 2009
    Galielmus wrote: »

I have no idea he did a voice in the game. Is this "Buck" fella a major role? If so, I might actually have to play my first game of Halo beyond a meager sampling way back in the original X-Box days.

In Borderland news, I just can't seem to get into any role other than Gunslinger now. Highly accurate death revolvers are just so much fun, even though I do like mixing in some highly-durable Roland from time to time.

Revolvers are just fun from all aspects, the shooting noises, reload anims and sounds and the way they annihilate your enemies. So awesome.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2009
    No, a boring person let's their bird do all the work. :P

Seriously, I find I can just concentrate on shooting and stuff dies in a very timely fashion. I don't need to daze everything out there when I can drop most things in a second or two. I do use the daze liberally on lone remaining Budmuthas after I've wasted all the trash they normally spawn with. To make the Bloodwing cooldown as low as you've got yours though, I'd have give up my Gunslinger mod, making my pistol rate of fire slower. This is unacceptable to me. Unacceptable I say!

vonPoonBurGer on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No, a boring person let's their bird do all the work. :P
    The screams of the people my bloodwing sets on fire rarely end before I use him on the next group.

There's no way that's boring.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    More people need to poke into the Steam group chat. I haven't' had many chances to play it online. :(

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm on my third character. Started with a Siren, got bitten by the 'UNLOCK ALL QUESTS BUG' and we sorta retired that group due to having no real direction and having to sort through shittons of missions to see where we were meant to be, and the whole TK Clone bug was irritating. So we started over (as we got a new player) and switched characters around....
    I just started my first play-through (PS3). After a while I decided to jump into a random public game and it unlocked a large list of quests and caused what I'm assuming is the TK clone bug you speak of. I originally thought that those quests unlocked because someone I was playing with had them all but I suppose I got nailed with these bugs....ick. Not willing to restart the char so I guess I'm stuck with it. These glitches (the team audio in particular) are really ruining the experience.

The mission can't be a 'you get all the quests your MP friends have' because we were playing with a bunch of fresh characters when it started. Then again, we'd all played some single player (or in groups of 2 or 3) up to level 12-14, then we had a group of four.

We've mixed and matched some other characters since then, and never got quests that one player had that the others didn't, so I'm assuming it has to be a bug, not a feature. It's very hard trying to figure out where you're meant to be questing given the level ranges in each area and the fact that you're not directed to quest hubs, we kept missing quests out until we'd outlevelled them, got the TK bug, stuff like that.

In other news, we hit 22/23 with the newer characters today, got to New Haven, and have caught up (mostly) with the level 25s. I think we're three story missions behind, and given that we just stole the weapons our level 25s had, we're going to finally continue on past New Haven, and eventually be underwhelmed by the ending! Still, headshotting Bruisers and watching them melt is amazing, the game is just so much fun, even with the annoying glitches and bugs and faults.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    More people need to poke into the Steam group chat. I haven't' had many chances to play it online. :(

Some of us don't have Steam (like me), and a lot of us don't have the Steam game version, we're using the boxed (retail) version.
    Still, most of us use the GameSpy Comrade program, so make sure to add the GSIDs listed in the OP to your friends list - you might find a lot more PA people online to game with!

zhen_rogue on
This discussion has been closed.