As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey its a loomdun, and he is drawing stuff, how neat [NSFW]

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    nyaouuuuu

Loomdun on
    splat
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love the way this guy is positioned like he is some Captain God King of some sort. So majestic.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
    edited November 2009
    he is so hilarious, I guess i'll post my quick sketches to since i havn't in a while one second

Loomdun on
    splat
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nipples + Bellybutton + lines on his stomach = kitty face

Kochikens on
    edited November 2009
    that center thing was supposed to be chest hair, but I did it when the pose was over and I didn't think of aligning it, then I was to lazy to erase it but oh well

I did more then just this but this was near the end, the rest are pretty sloppy because I was practicing with a new form of toning that i learned today

2 minute ones

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Nipples + Bellybutton + lines on his stomach = kitty face

oh gosh, this made me laugh too hard

Asamof the Horrible on
  • AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dang those 2 minute ones are incredible

Agentflit on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ikage wrote: »
    I love the way this guy is positioned like he is some Captain God King of some sort. So majestic.

Captain God King.

That's going in my lexicon.

Godfather on
    edited November 2009
    meh

007-7.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That one's nice.

It's very subtle, i think some of your other drawings have been a little heavy handed.

DeeLock on
    edited November 2009
    yahhh the whole heavy darkness thing is beginning to finally die off, which is nice but now I got a wholee new load of things to work out,

One thing I will remember though is when I plan losing the ear in shadow, to still use a slightly dark enough line to indicate the top half so it doesn't look lopped off

Loomdun on
    splat
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Loom I think I am going to need your help shooting some reference tonight. Probably around 5:30-6:00 if you can. I can't remember if you have an afternoon class. You get to be the kid walking in on the bearded lady. Do you have a t-shirt with short sleeves?

Nice drawing by the way, good likeness. Much better control of your values overall.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    I do have a afternoon class so I can walk over afterwards or something and thankssss

Loomdun on
    splat
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh wow those lay in's!

Oh wow lady! She can be my saloon wench anyday.

Each update I just get more and more excited for you.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah Loom, the progress you're making is pretty astounding.

lyrium on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Loomdun makes me hopeful.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited November 2009
    wooohoo

so today my speed in creating master copies nearly tripled, I spent about a hour and a half just trying to figure it out and then about 50 minutes left of class I did this

002-12.jpg

anddd then my 20 minute head lay ins

006-11.jpg

my instructor showed me how to lay in eyes that are downward and explained more with tone

008-10.jpg

010-4.jpg

012-2.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    what kind are you using for those last ones?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2009
    huh

Loomdun on
    splat
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    whoops. I meant to say what are you using. like pencil kinda thing

edit: brand and all that

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2009
    oh, conte charcoal pencil same thing as i've been using since the start

Loomdun on
    splat
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    uuuuuuuuugh charcoal pencils, cripes

probably one of my most-hated drawing instruments...and only because of the scratchiness, really! Are those scratchy?

(I had to use a charcoal pencil for a still life in one of my art classes, years ago...I had goosebumps for the entire 3-hour class, every class)

NightDragon on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I gotta say, Loom, you're definitely improving.

These from a class?

Buckwolfe on
    edited November 2009
    there sometimes scratchy if you dont sharpen them right, but i'm more resistant to the scratchy sounds thankfully, and yah i'm at a attelier thanksss

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009
    uuuuuuuuugh charcoal pencils, cripes

probably one of my most-hated drawing instruments...and only because of the scratchiness, really! Are those scratchy?

(I had to use a charcoal pencil for a still life in one of my art classes, years ago...I had goosebumps for the entire 3-hour class, every class)

Yeah I don't like to use the charcoal pencils as much as most of the other students here. They give me that nails on chalkboard feeling. Though, the conte charcoal pencils are nowhere near as bad as the Wolf Carbon or Primos. And there really is no other tool that is so versatile and quick for drawing.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    I hate wolf carbons, I'm just going to stick with conte pencils until they stop existing, then I will cry in my bedroom with the lights off while sharpening wolf carbons

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    Wolff carbons are great I don't know what you two are blubbering about.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    They are great pencils, I just hate that nails on a chalkboard feeling, and they give it to the extreme.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    so today the model didn't show up, so instead we drew each other! so heres the stuff in order

005-10.jpg

008-11.jpg

010-5.jpg

012-3.jpg

002-13.jpg

Loomdun on
    splat
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    They are great pencils, I just hate that nails on a chalkboard feeling, and they give it to the extreme.

Yeah, same here. Good to know, then! I will completely ignore Mr.Bacon, and avoid the Wolf brand of charcoal pencil.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »

Yeah, same here. Good to know, then! I will completely ignore Mr.Bacon, and avoid the Wolf brand of charcoal pencil.

YOU ARE ALL FOOLS

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Tetra_at_TanagraTetra_at_Tanagra Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I know this isn't drawing/sketching/whatever related......

But I've noticed that a lot of painters/sketchers (noooo not the shoes)/artists who do art in the traditional mediums don't think that jewelry is art.

This is frustrating to me because I can spend hours on a piece and have people say 'It's not art. Did you make the beads? the wire? the findings? No? then it's just a craft'

btw the jewelry I make is not the seed bead knitting stuff, which usually is considered art.

I have to use color palettes and deal with scale and all that jazz, but jewelry also has to be wearable...which is why I don't understand why people think it's so damn easy. If I can paint a red circle in the bottom left corner of a canvas and leave the rest blank and have it be considered art, why the hell can't a necklace be put into the same category?

I just want to know people's perspective on this :D

Tetra_at_Tanagra on
    :whistle:It's the 80's, do a lot of coke and vote for Ronald Reagan:whistle:
    edited November 2009
    i uh, I.... I dont know?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    we dont make the charcoal pencils, brushes, the canvas, and most dont make their own gesso and oil paint or paint in general. Thats what fascinates so many people about art, the materials are rather ordinary and they are given value through application of time and skill.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited November 2009

But I've noticed that a lot of painters/sketchers (noooo not the shoes)/artists who do art in the traditional mediums don't think that jewelry is art.

This is frustrating to me because I can spend hours on a piece and have people say 'It's not art. Did you make the beads? the wire? the findings? No? then it's just a craft'

btw the jewelry I make is not the seed bead knitting stuff, which usually is considered art.

I have to use color palettes and deal with scale and all that jazz, but jewelry also has to be wearable...which is why I don't understand why people think it's so damn easy. If I can paint a red circle in the bottom left corner of a canvas and leave the rest blank and have it be considered art, why the hell can't a necklace be put into the same category?

My perspective is that you should have posted this in the Questions/Discussion/Tutorials thread or the chat thread, rather than the first thread you happened to come across.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited November 2009
    we dont make the charcoal pencils, brushes, the canvas, and most dont make their own gesso and oil paint or paint in general. Thats what fascinates so many people about art, the materials are rather ordinary and they are given value through application of time and skill.
    I like your perspective

Thanks for cheering me up :)

Tetra_at_Tanagra on
    edited November 2009
    my thread serves for the emotionally distraught and my posting naked people

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2009

Yeah I am not sure exactly why you chose Loom's thread for this and not say the Discussion thread. But I don't mind derailing Loomdun's thread at all!

I don't really know what you are talking about honestly. I don't consider painting a red circle in the bottom left corner of a canvas and leaving the rest blank art, and I used to do some silver-smithing and jewelry craft myself...I was actually pretty decent at it. So I think you are kind of playing the martyr here a bit. People love jewelry and have a lot of respect for the people who make it. I don't think it requires the same skillset as doing a figurative painting, but not many things do.

If you are pissed about people painting red circles think how pissed real painters get when they have to spend months on a painting and then some douche does that. It's enough to make you hate humanity.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    My perspective is that you should have posted this in the Questions/Discussion/Tutorials thread or the chat thread, rather than the first thread you happened to come across.
    I'm terribly sorry for wasting the 30 seconds it took you to read that...I'll be more careful in the future.

Tetra_at_Tanagra on
    edited November 2009
    I'm terribly sorry for wasting the 30 seconds it took you to read that...I'll be more careful in the future.

You aren't going to last long around here.

rts on