As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S BRUUUTAL!! (Metalocalypse Thread)

• Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I loved the toki as skwisgar angle, it was just the right amount of creepy and hilarious.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Plutonium wrote: »
    I think it was more about Toki admiring Skwisgar by pretending to be him, as well as wanting to be the lead guitarist.

I think it could be both. There's definitely that "Toki wants what Skwisgar wants" angle, as when they were packing for their trip.

Synthesis on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There's always been that definite undertone that Toki wants to be Skwisgar.

Plutonium on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There was that episode where Toki was dating a girl who dressed and looked exactly like Skwisgar.

There's definately some psychology going on there.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It appears they weren't joking in Season 1 that Toki was slowly un-learning the guitar. He used to shred just like Skwisgaar.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

That wouldn't surprise me, but I didn't follow those episodes that closely.

It's kind of disappointing that the episode, while hilarious, didn't move towards tying up some of the many loose ends.
    Like General Crozier and Ofdensen's return.

Synthesis on
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    There was that episode where Toki was dating a girl who dressed and looked exactly like Skwisgar.

when the hell was this??

Inter_d on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Inter_d wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »

when the hell was this??

The episode where Nathan starts dating.

Guys. I've been thinking. *Thunder and lightning* IT'S TIME I STARTED DATING AGAIN.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "All this time we've been getting all the free booze we want and we could've been getting beer tickets!?"

UEAKCrash on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    "Does it tickles when i touch you?"

"Sorry guys that was my stomach"

this was a great episode

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Lady Murderface is:winky:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Murderface is pug fucking ugly, the women in his family are hideous, and then the female Murderface is hot as hell. Does she do any trick to play the bass?

Like Murderface, she can play bass with her cock.

...wait a minute...

emnmnme on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally watched the first episode of the new season last night. I loved seeing Carcass Hardware.

Sir Carcass on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got back from Masto-Klok. So much fucking awesome!

Psychotic One on
    edited November 2009

How'd you like that new songs Mastodon played at the end of their set?

UEAKCrash on
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Who was the "headliner?" Was it Mastadon? I'm seeing them this coming weekend, so I'm curious if my experiance will be different.

toolbert on
    edited November 2009
    toolbert wrote: »

Who was the "headliner?" Was it Mastadon? I'm seeing them this coming weekend, so I'm curious if my experiance will be different.

Mastodon plays before Dethklok.

UEAKCrash on
    edited November 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Nuuuuu, my dreams are crushed! Still, should be one hell of a show.

toolbert on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Nuuuuu, my dreams are crushed! Still, should be one hell of a show.

You can just leave before Dethklok goes on. It actually works out better this way.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

It was pretty good. They did rock the house pretty throughly. I'm not the biggest Mastadon fan but I like a lot of their stuff and it was a pretty good set. Converge was definately not my favorite of the 4. Just not my thing and the lead singer ran around on stage like a monkey that just drank 15 gallons of Jolt Cola and did 5 hits of PCP. I couldn't understand a single word High On Fire said, but I did like their instramentals and drummer. Dethklok though completely tore the roof off the place though. Their songs actully seem a bit better live. Plus they play music videos for every song in their set so that was pretty cool to see. Brandon Smalls does the voice of the random characters except for Toki for some reason, guess thats someone else. Great fucking show.

We ams very happy to be here in Arid-zonaz with all you motha fuckers!

Psychotic One on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just so everyone knows, the song at the end of Mastodon's set is a cover of The Melvins' song "The Bit."

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009

It was pretty good. They did rock the house pretty throughly. I'm not the biggest Mastadon fan but I like a lot of their stuff and it was a pretty good set. Converge was definately not my favorite of the 4. Just not my thing and the lead singer ran around on stage like a monkey that just drank 15 gallons of Jolt Cola and did 5 hits of PCP. I couldn't understand a single word High On Fire said, but I did like their instramentals and drummer. Dethklok though completely tore the roof off the place though. Their songs actully seem a bit better live. Plus they play music videos for every song in their set so that was pretty cool to see. Brandon Smalls does the voice of the random characters except for Toki for some reason, guess thats someone else. Great fucking show.

We ams very happy to be here in Arid-zonaz with all you motha fuckers!

Yeah, We all agree'd Converge's lead singer was on something. Did he do the arms out jazz-hands thing? And the back and forth wind sprints across stage? It was kind of funny.

I thought Dethklok put on a pretty good show.

UEAKCrash on
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

It's kind of disappointing that the episode, while hilarious, didn't move towards tying up some of the many loose ends.
    Anyone else notice that Ofdensen's scar is gone now? i thought it made him look badass.

Inter_d on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Inter_d wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Anyone else notice that Ofdensen's scar is gone now? i thought it made him look badass.
    I think it was intentionally done to mimic the return of Gandalf as Gandalf the white. I thought that was hilariously awesome. I half expect to see him falling down a huge cavern, fighting that assassin in mid flight, before finally breaking him on the top of a mountain.

Psychotic One

Toki's voice is played by Tommy Blacha, the same guy who does Murderface. And he wasn't at the show I went to either.

Also, here's a hilarious (but old) video of Tommy Blacha and Brendan Small playing Thunderhorse in Guitar Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lolu2JZQuz4

Dissociater on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Best line from the episode (for me)

Nathan: We've already paid our dues!

Toki: I didn't...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hamburger Time

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Holy fuck best episode ever.

UEAKCrash on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God that last video my brain

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • FubearFubear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dude, that is a pretty sick coffin.

Fubear on
    edited November 2009
    I can't decide which was better...Murderface's expressions through out the show or Toki's song.

Either way I hope they put out a side album. All Toki!

Psychotic One on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Hamburger Time.

JustinSane07 on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd also like to add that I dry heaved when Murderface drank the bleach.

JustinSane07 on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have to say, that last ep felt a little weak to me. I don't know if it's because they're stretched to 30 minutes now or what, but there was a little more random stuff than usual, the last video was good though. I enjoyed it.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd also like to add that I dry heaved when Murderface drank the bleach.

Yeah, that was right up there with Jon Stewart eating a pancake-wrapped sausage on a stick, dipped in Baconnaise.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was 100 percent sure this episode was going to come back and haunt me in my sleep last night, it worries me more that it didn't.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    I was 100 percent sure this episode was going to come back and haunt me in my sleep last night, it worries me more that it didn't.

It'll haunt you while you're wide awake this thursday.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited November 2009
    So, I have to say that the show on Saturday was pretty damn awesome. Brandon and the gang were great; I absolutely loved the little clips between songs, but it did feel like it was a little...rehearsed I guess is the best word. It seemed like it was "if we have a video made, we'll play it". Mermaider was possibly my favorite song of the whole night. Mastodon put on a freaking fantastic set. I'm still trying to figure out what movie they used to support Crack the Skye.

toolbert on
    edited November 2009
    Mastodon put on a freaking fantastic set. I'm still trying to figure out what movie they used to support Crack the Skye.

I'm pretty sure it's something they put together, because it tells the story of the album. A crazy crazy story.

UEAKCrash on
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I think a few of the band members where characters in the film.

Psychotic One on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God damnit, Toki.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    edited November 2009
    The best part of this episode is...
    that I forgot that Toki kills everything with his love so when the cat died I had that lightbulb come on going Oh duh!

Psychotic One on