As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

age restrictions?

JondarJondar Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
does anybody know if there is an age restriction to cross the US-Canada border into washington alone. Im 17 and just wondering if i will be able to attend PAX.

Jondar on

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2007
    Nope, you'll be fine! See you in August!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2007
    I've seen UNBORN BABIES cross the border.

David Coffman on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DiscoDave wrote: »

I would hope so.

Though I'd love to see them try and confiscate the mother's "luggage" as she passes through.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but you're gonna have to leave that in the country... You can either place it in this bin here, or you can return it to a friend or relative for safekeeping"

Aydr on
  • JondarJondar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thnx guys

Jondar on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jondar wrote: »
    does anybody know if there is an age restriction to cross the US-Canada border into washington alone. Im 17 and just wondering if i will be able to attend PAX.

I've crossed the border on my bike, to buy the candy we don't get in Canada. If you have any doubts about being able to cross, your best bet is to go down and talk to them in the American customs office. If you don't have a reason for them to disallow you, you shouldn't have any problems.

b0wser on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

but, i'm reasonably sure those babies didn't cross by themselves. that's what he wants to know about.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    but, i'm reasonably sure those babies didn't cross by themselves. that's what he wants to know about.
    No. But it was TOTALLY against the mother's will.

Figure THAT one out.

Or assume I'm making everything up. Which would be the correct response.

David Coffman on
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I heard the United States passed some law where you had to have a Passport to travel to or from the United States by land now but I am not sure.

Just looked it up, it doesn't go into affect till January 1, 2008. So people going to PAX '08 from other countries will need passports. Oh and this is for people traveling from Canada or Mexico to the United States or vice versa. Mexico doesn't require US citizens to show passports though, only Canada does and when you come back from Mexico or Canada to the United States you have to show it.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, everyone goes into canada/us/mex at least once a year should have a passport anyway. its far less of a hassle.

Buraisu: lol mount vernon? where in MV? (Im there too)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jondar wrote: »

Actually, they can require you to have a letter from your parents allowing you to travel across the border. Twice in my experience I've seen this happen, once myself and once to my brother. Ultimately I made it across, but he was turned back after being unable to get a hold of my parents to fax a letter to the Customs office.

You're pretty close to the age of majority, but if you look fairly young, you might want a signed letter of permission in your back pocket just in case. They probably won't ask, but you'll have it just in case.

PRD on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    No. But it was TOTALLY against the mother's will.

Figure THAT one out.

Or assume I'm making everything up. Which would be the correct response.
    somebody's been spending too much time in the shivering isles...

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited April 2007
    Buraisu wrote: »
    I heard the United States passed some law where you had to have a Passport to travel to or from the United States by land now but I am not sure.

Just looked it up, it doesn't go into affect till January 1, 2008. So people going to PAX '08 from other countries will need passports. Oh and this is for people traveling from Canada or Mexico to the United States or vice versa. Mexico doesn't require US citizens to show passports though, only Canada does and when you come back from Mexico or Canada to the United States you have to show it.

yeah, but to be fair, nobody goes to mexico by ground, only the other way. vice versa for by air!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.