As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need a web log, hold the web.

lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
I have a need to keep a kind of computerized diary to help organize some medical info.

Something like an off line blog or diary should work. It doesn't have to be complicated but I think that having tags or something similar would be useful.

This woudl be for a non computer savvy person so ease of use would be a priority.

Any ideas?

steam_sig.png
(Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
lowlylowlycook on

• Options
    RuddurBallRuddurBall Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you have office 07 onenote is pretty fantastic

RuddurBall on
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    TiddlyWiki might work for this.

corky842 on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you have a Mac, or an iPhone, Bento 3 is a very cheap and easy to use system by the people who make Filemaker. Could be tweaked slightly to be perfect for your needs, and its easily search-able.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm a fan of Tomboy. It's a free desktop wiki app. It's pretty simple to link to various notes (just type the name of an existing note) or search through them. There's also a "note of the day" plugin included by default which gives you a new dated note each day. Oh, and it has tags.

It was originally a Linux-only app, but there's Windows and OS X ports now. Note that there's an extra installation step on those; you have to install Mono first.

Frem on