As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] PhallaKart: Mini Circuit - Tryclyde obtains the Mini Cup

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Raakam wrote: »
    So, my blue vote is up for grabs. Trading seems pointless, so someone buy my vote somehow. Promises of kittens or eternal love won't sway me. This might be the vote that pushes you ahead to victoly, or the vote that puts the cunning ones in second/third place waiting for first place to get destroyed and finish first/second.

Talk to me ladies, I'm willing to make deals.
    I am horrendously tired, so not creative, but uhh.... I'll vote for you tomorrow? I won't shoot you if given the opportunity? Cookies?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright Kime, I will grant you my boon because of the horrors I inflicted upon you in Phalla Phalla.

My red vote comes with the purchase of my blue vote Kime, so, you let me know which way to point my awesome cart and we'll make things happen. You 'n me baby, at least for today!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    B:L because I vaguely feel like I was grudging him for something?

Will trade blue vote for sexual favors.

*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* Gandalf_the_Crazed, now give me some of that blue flash too.

kime wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Or you can just keep me in first, since I'm not a minion of Wart and deserve to WIN!

Who are you exactly?

Probably Wart himself.

Me? But I'm completely innocent!

KimeKime saying he isn't evil? That can only mean one thing.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would like some blue spark. I have an item to use, if I get your vote you can tell me if I should use it or not.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Toxic Toys That sounds delicious. Bluespark me too.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How utterly mercenary.

Should be crushed without mercy, Tiphareth.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Burnage makes me feel funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class

However, Dunadan gets me red, mostly because I can't vote delmain...and it is obviously his fault.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh yeah, I have a mad mad plan to make sure the village wins tonight. If I could get bluesparked like nothing else, I'll make sure to turn it into reality.

I will give you more details into my plan and reasonings this evening.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Six way tie for disqualification, I love it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

Who's tied?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Count em!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Who's tied?

Every one who's been red voted?

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Who's tied?

Every one who's been red voted?

gandalf has two red votes, so anyone with one red vote can't be tied for DQ.

Only other people with two votes are Mr. Blarney and kime, I think.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Look out! Pokeys!

pokey.gif

Any successful Bump actions that were submitted during the next hour will drive the victim into a pokey, stalling them further.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Look out! Pokeys!

pokey.gif

Any successful Bump actions that were submitted during the next hour will drive the victim into a pokey, stalling them further.

Were or are submitted in the next hour?

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Look out! Pokeys!

pokey.gif

Were or are submitted in the next hour?

Actions occur during the night phase, so past tense "were." It's still talking about the hour immediately after the post.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tachyon shells.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Homing mushrooms.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Raakam wrote: »
    Alright Kime, I will grant you my boon because of the horrors I inflicted upon you in Phalla Phalla.

My red vote comes with the purchase of my blue vote Kime, so, you let me know which way to point my awesome cart and we'll make things happen. You 'n me baby, at least for today!

OK, thanks! I'll have to wait and see what the count is though. Since I'll probably need help surviving :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Whew, damn pokeys!

Race 1 ends in just under nine hours.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright, so we should guess that the mafia starts with some better than average items. And thus we can discern that they will manipulate the vote so that their player of choice is not leading. And then start blueshelling. Or just pewpewing. Anyway, if you bluevote for me I'll make sure to zoom through the barrage unscathed. And thus we'll win. Sounds great, no?

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright, so we have no reason to guess that the mafia starts with better than average items. And thus we can discern that they will manipulate the vote so that their player of choice is leading. And then start shelling. Or just pewpewing. Anyway, if you bluevote for Tiphareth he'll make sure to zoom through the barrage unscathed. And thus the mafia will win. Sounds great, no?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Alright, so we should guess that the mafia starts with some better than average items. And thus we can discern that they will manipulate the vote so that their player of choice is not leading. And then start blueshelling. Or just pewpewing. Anyway, if you bluevote for me I'll make sure to zoom through the barrage unscathed. And thus we'll win. Sounds great, no?
    Not necessarily a safe assumption. One possible way it could work is, as mentioned in the OP, item tables are tied to identity, but alignment is RNG'd from all possible roles. (To use a recent similar example, Steampunk, where Dunadumb landed the goldmine role and was then RNG'd to be mafia.)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gentlemen, PHALLA MAD LIBS!

Alright, so we have __ reason(s) to guess that the mafia starts with _____. And thus we can discern that they will manipulate the vote so that their player of choice is/is not leading. And then start ____. Or just _____. Anyway, if you ____ for ___ he'll make sure to _____. And thus ____ will win. Sounds great, no?

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Okay, but the mafia is usually given special powers or other advantages (see the aforemented steamtentacle phalla).

Since there seems to be no way to discern someones alignment, how do we network? If a villager wins a round I assume it will be revealed, and I have a method to do so. Also, since I still believe the mafia will be given cool powers and neat toys it seems like a better way for them to shut up and manipulate their way to the top instead of asking for trust. So, bluevote me!

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, if everyone was on even ground then the Mafia would be at a significant disadvantage due to smaller numbers. There has to be something in their favor to help their odds.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, if everyone was on even ground then the Mafia would be at a significant disadvantage due to smaller numbers. There has to be something in their favor to help their odds.
    Well, they have each other to help with votes. Because remember, they don't need to actually kill us off, so the balance may be a little different than what we are used to.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I suppose that's true.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Okay, but the mafia is usually given special powers or other advantages (see the aforemented steamtentacle phalla).

Since there seems to be no way to discern someones alignment, how do we network? If a villager wins a round I assume it will be revealed, and I have a method to do so. Also, since I still believe the mafia will be given cool powers and neat toys it seems like a better way for them to shut up and manipulate their way to the top instead of asking for trust. So, bluevote me!
    HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO FUCKING SAY THIS?

YOU DON'T NEED A VILLAGE NETWORK TO WIN.

More importantly, the networks forms the usual way it does. True vig calls a kill, seer successfully finds someone who is not evil. Presumably the seer gets role+alignment if it's a single role. If not, it's possible there may be a role seer and an alignment seer. However, given the nature of this phalla, I would be unsurprised to find out we have no guard or something tragic like that, so caution is forewarned.

The mafia undoubtedly has a group kill or two ON TOP OF whatever items their individual roles have and will get on future days. They may also have other group powers, but I couldn't guess at those without having an idea of what specials we have or their populations.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, they have each other to help with votes. Because remember, they don't need to actually kill us off, so the balance may be a little different than what we are used to.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

More importantly, the networks forms the usual way it does. True vig calls a kill, seer successfully finds someone who is not evil. Presumably the seer gets role+alignment if it's a single role. If not, it's possible there may be a role seer and an alignment seer. However, given the nature of this phalla, I would be unsurprised to find out we have no guard or something tragic like that, so caution is forewarned.

The mafia undoubtedly has a group kill or two ON TOP OF whatever items their individual roles have and will get on future days. They may also have other group powers, but I couldn't guess at those without having an idea of what specials we have or their populations.

That. QFT.

And I'm fairly certain there IS no true vig in this game due to the nature of the items, so the traditional network creation likely does not apply.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

That. QFT.

And I'm fairly certain there IS no true vig in this game due to the nature of the items, so the traditional network creation likely does not apply.

I don't think you understand the nature of the items.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well, items CAN act as vigs, but you aren't guaranteed an elimination item every day.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    What. Why are people assuming that we have no vigilante or seer because of one item that can be used to kill?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    What. Why are people assuming that we have no vigilante or seer because of one item that can be used to kill?

two

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

two

Oh, right. Missed the red shell.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

two

red shells don't miss man.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

two

red shells don't miss man.

What kind of Mario Kart have you been playing? Only thing that doesn't miss is the motherfucking blue shell.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah. You guys haven't seen red shells fuck up on say, Royal Raceway or Rainbow Road, if you're honestly saying that.

Though that may not be indicative of their effectiveness in this game.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I once played a two-player race on Rainbow Road where my opponent received nothing but blue shells. I was not happy with Rainbow Road after that.

Burnage on
This discussion has been closed.