As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] PhallaKart: Mini Circuit - Tryclyde obtains the Mini Cup

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hrm.

Nuts, I did, corrected it.

We still don't have a match for what Inf was talking about everyone being tied before Arivqa got pushed ahead by the mafia.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    oh, I voted for kime? Well, no reason to pick a new target then.

Tiphareth on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    oh, I voted for kime? Well, no reason to pick a new target then.
    Yes you do! Vote for Arivia!

Really, we actually don't want a small gap here, makes it easy for manip...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Hrm.

We still don't have a match for what Inf was talking about everyone being tied before Arivqa got pushed ahead by the mafia.

That's cause I think he was wrong. When he made that statement, kime had 3 votes, and five other people were tied with 2 votes each.

On the topic of kills/eliminations, I'm going to throw out a wild guess that there'll be somewhere around four eliminations per day. One from the vote, one from the mafia, two from racer items. Going into the final race, we'll have about twelve racers, which seems about right considering the game's structure.

I still don't really have a good idea about the village strategy yet. Of course, we'll want to eliminate Wart's minions to give one of us a better shot of grabbing the cup, but the amount of randomness in this game in terms of how people will place definitely makes it hard to plan.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorry, I was out all day and I'm heading back out. I will follow through and vote for Arivia!

If this is wrong, I'll be back in roughly 2 hours or so, and I can change it accordingly!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
    edited November 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    That's cause I think he was wrong. When he made that statement, kime had 3 votes, and five other people were tied with 2 votes each.

On the topic of kills/eliminations, I'm going to throw out a wild guess that there'll be somewhere around four eliminations per day. One from the vote, one from the mafia, two from racer items. Going into the final race, we'll have about twelve racers, which seems about right considering the game's structure.

I still don't really have a good idea about the village strategy yet. Of course, we'll want to eliminate Wart's minions to give one of us a better shot of grabbing the cup, but the amount of randomness in this game in terms of how people will place definitely makes it hard to plan.
    Keep me in first, problem solved.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Hrm.

[11:33] <Infidel> heh
    [11:33] <Infidel> oh hey, we have a vote leader finally!
    [11:33] <kime> woo hoooo!
    [11:34] <kime> (i was vote leader earlier :/)
    [11:34] <Infidel> there has not been a vote leader at any point prior
    [11:34] <kime> ?
    [11:34] <kime> was my count wrong?
    [11:35] <Infidel> looks like I'm saying that
    [11:35] <Infidel> :D

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You missed the better part.

[14:19] <Spectrum> What's the ruling on that?
    [14:20] <@Infidel&gt; [13:54] <kime> infy, you can't comment, i am convinced you can no longer count
    [14:20] <kime> ....
    [14:20] <@Infidel&gt; no comment
    [14:20] <kime> i will destroy you
    [14:20] <kime> although nice job throwing that back in my face lol

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    But we have since determined that Infy does not know how to count.

Well, I've determined that. That's all that matters!

Edit: Oh you and your ninja-posting. Now everyone knows my shame :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited November 2009
    Counting is difficult, that's why we get computers to do it for us. <Insert obvious joke here.>

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Counting is difficult, that's why we get computers to do it for us. <Your mother is a computer.>

Dunadan019 on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    (NOTE: I'm on pg 7 right now and don't have time to read everything. I know that back then I was in the red-vote lead, apparently?)

Kime.

Kime.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    (NOTE: I'm on pg 7 right now and don't have time to read everything. I know that back then I was in the red-vote lead, apparently?)

Kime.

Kime.

You only have one vote now since I switched mine off.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lemme see....

In the running for disqualification:

Arivia 5
    enlightenedbum 3
    kime 3
    MrBlarney 2
    Dunadan019 1
    Gandalf_the_Crazed 1
    Robos A Go Go 1
    Spectrum 1
    Toxic Toys 1

And for blue sparks:

kime 4
    B:L 3
    Burnage 2
    adventfalls 1
    Daius 1
    Dunadan019 1
    enlightenedbum 1
    Jaenther 1
    lonelyahava 1
    MrBlarney 1
    Toxic Toys 1

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited November 2009
    Also, MrBlarney for spreadsheeting solidarity!

I haven't been in a game with you for aaaaaggggeesss!

And... hmmm....

I want to break the tie in second, but that would put ebum and/or kime too close to first. Too easy for vote manipulations.

I guess the other alternative is Arivia, to prevent vote hijinks!

ecco the dolphin on
    edited November 2009
    There's really no doubt in my mind that everyone who comes out of the first three races with a fair amount of points is going to be dead before or by the fourth race.

Sorry if you die today, kime.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    There's really no doubt in my mind that everyone who comes out of the first three races with a fair amount of points is going to be dead before or by the fourth race.

Hmmm... supposing kime died, but was put into first place by the red vote?

Does the vote trickle down?

ecco the dolphin on
    edited November 2009
    Really, the person with the best odds of winning is probably the guy who has a blue shell in the fourth race, right?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009

Hmmm... supposing kime died, but was put into first place by the red vote?

Does the vote trickle down?

The vote is absolute. There is no trickle.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    Really, the person with the best odds of winning is probably the guy who has a blue shell in the fourth race, right?

It depends - if that person is behind the circuit leader by more than 15 points (which is a distinct possibility), then they won't be able to catch up except for elimination of the leaders. The game will become more strategic as a point spread develops in the rankings, but it's kind of hard to tell what will be best to do currently.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2009
    OH SHIT

The tweester crosses the track!

Any racer that makes a post within the next hour that does not contain italicized descriptive fluff on how they control their kart or dodge etc., or has a post with edit timestamps, may run afoul of the tweester.

tweester.gif

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2009
    A twister whirls round and round, accelerating objects caught in its path. Which way, though?

This one is counterclockwise. As it crosses the track, I hug the right side, letting the winds circle in behind me and push me through faster.

Something that might be worth considering, though I have no proof in it: In the real games, another advantage to being in front is access to the item blocks. People coming in right behind them will hit already used blocks and get no items.

Might be something to keep an eye on here, if blue vote leaders are getting more/better items.

(Steam, why are you down for maintenance?)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited November 2009
    94 minutes to go!

Arivia, crimsoncoyote, Daius, MrBlarney, Tiphareth.

Vote or be disqualified and replaced.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The tweester appears right in front of me, and I have to react quickly, pulling a sudden turn and slide, getting around the side of it, feeling the dust splay across my face and cover the paint of my kart. But the wind is strong, and it pushes me onward - my desire to win is stronger than my fear of death-tweesters.

Also, jeeze Infidel, you are crackin' the hell down on inactivity/not voting this game.

I am quakin' in my boots

simonwolf on
    edited November 2009
    Twister is moving left but turning to the right... calculate its future position.

Didn't Tiphareth vote earlier in posts 164 and 166? Unless you're really being serious about the format...

At the current velocity, I should be able to pass it safely on the left without any loss of time.

I suppose I still have a red vote to place. !vote for Arivia, she's only made a single post, and one that is rather hard to comprehend at that.

Swiftly graze by the twister on the left, another obstacle avoided.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Drive around the twister, try and see if I can bump anyone into the damn thing.

This is pretty fun.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Twisters don't scare me, I head straight for it, pulling aside at the last moment and flip the twister off on my way by. Then I put on my super cool sunglasses and some rad 80's rock starts playing

Huzzah, I am back before the vote close!!

So, Arivia is gonna get the boot huh? I thought we had a super sexy like 9 way tie that was gonna be a big orgy of hot elimination action.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited November 2009
    Try to reason with the twister. Ask it if its hostility towards carts isn perhaps misdirected anger. "Tell me about your relationship with your parents. Ah, you're just a sentient weather phenomena with no lineage? That must have been hard for you."

Robos A Go Go on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My kart wants to pull to the left, I spin my wheel to the right. I fight the wind as my foot press down on the gas.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited November 2009
    Drift left! Sparks fly! Drift right! Power boost out over the sand! Snaking my way through the tornadoes!

ecco the dolphin on
    edited November 2009
    Did I mention that these random through-the-day things are pretty awesome?

ecco the dolphin on
    edited November 2009
    Joke's on you, Infidel! Those weren't my best efforts, and I don't have any blue sparks!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am at a complete loss how we are supposed to ferret out the Mafia in this one, since seers seem unlikely.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    By being racer number#1!

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited November 2009
    Joke's on you, Infidel! Those weren't my best efforts, and I don't have any blue sparks!

I wonder if there's such a thing as getting a negative blue spark total. There ought to be such a thing, otherwise we're gonna get a number of people at zero total votes. I guess we'll find out once we see if Robos is eliminated or comes in last...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2009
    I can verify that there is such a thing as negative votes, and that I have them.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    Actually, thinking about it, I'm going to go with that there are no blue shells, bullet bills, or thunderbolts right now.

The reason being you only get them if you're near last place in Mario Kart, and none of us are technically near/at last place yet, since we all started equally.

ecco the dolphin on
    edited November 2009
    Actually, thinking about it, I'm going to go with that there are no blue shells, bullet bills, or thunderbolts right now.

The reason being you only get them if you're near last place in Mario Kart, and none of us are technically near/at last place yet, since we all started equally.

No reason to think those same rule apply here.

Robos A Go Go on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

No reason to think those same rule apply here.

Given what we've seen so far, there's no reason to think they don't.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have no idea what you people are talking about.

Why are you all being so strange?

And why is this kart not moving? I'm turning it left and right, but I'm still not bloody going anywhere.

Somebody help?!?!

What am I doing wrong?

lonelyahava on
This discussion has been closed.