As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] PhallaKart: Mini Circuit - Tryclyde obtains the Mini Cup

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    kime wrote: »
    You're aware, of course, that the more points I have the better the village is doing, right?

See that'd be valid if we actually knew you were village, which (of course) we do not.

As it stands, though, it isn't Day 3, so I'm not going to vote for you. Yet.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    @ebum: Well good for you, but right now you have 0 points. I have 15. That means, right now, I am the best weapon for beating the mafia.

Isn't it delightful :P?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As mentioned, looks like the mafia actually don't have a special kill. It seems their power may come from higher incidence of elimination items on their item tables. What I can't speculate on yet is whether:
    a) the mafia are naturally selected from roles that are naturally more likely to get said items
    b) any role selected as a mafia has their item table adjusted upwards from what it ordinarily be

And, of course, as we speculated previously, the mafia are in fact a template applied to an otherwise normal role.

So, as has been said, if you're trying to confirm people off that/soft network, you are pretty dumb.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You're also completely unverified. It is actually best for us to be bunched until someone with any kind of seer backing is revealed. There is also the option of everybody being out for themselves.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    As mentioned, looks like the mafia actually don't have a special kill. It seems their power may come from higher incidence of elimination items on their item tables. What I can't speculate on yet is whether:
    a) the mafia are naturally selected from roles that are naturally more likely to get said items
    b) any role selected as a mafia has their item table adjusted upwards from what it ordinarily be

And, of course, as we speculated previously, the mafia are in fact a template applied to an otherwise normal role.

So, as has been said, if you're trying to confirm people off that/soft network, you are pretty dumb.

I suspect it's more that if they go unrevealed, being networked is a powerful tool in a game like this. With only four days, there's a reasonable chance they could blatantly work together. It might be worth checking Toxic's DeepSkyBlue vote for that reason. Hm, I'll have to rethink this.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You're also completely unverified. It is actually best for us to be bunched until someone with any kind of seer backing is revealed. There is also the option of everybody being out for themselves.
    Unverified? Sure, OK. Don't put me in first again, I can deal with that. But a red vote? Now that's just silly.

As to your last sentence,
    OP wrote:
    Winner of the Mini Circuit wins the Mini Cup. If one of Wart's minions win the Cup, they win and everyone else loses. If they fail, they lose and everyone else wins.

That's fairly clear, yes?

Spectrum: Or the mafia just get to be masoned without any particularly extraordinary other abilities? Why does no one like that idea :(? *sniff*

ebum's second post: Yeah, I'm hesitating on whether or not to vote Jaenther because of the blue vote yesterday. Dunno yet...

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Possibly incorrect, sir!

If you look closely, you'll see that the four green deaths were all traditional "bad guys" from the Mario series of games, while the only red one was, in fact, Donkey Kong, who is known for not bein' evil, except in that original Donkey Kong game where he was a barrel-throwin' dickweed.

So, while it is possible that the mafia is just a template, there's also some (albeit, small) evidence that they could be the traditional "good guys". Not that it really helps any, but it's something to consider.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I know the win condition is technically village wins if a villager wins the Mini Cup. But I suspect psychologically we're all acting under Ricky Bobby rules.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm blue-voting Jaenther, in the probably misguided hope that he will reciprocate.

Red vote is pending, but I'm still probably just going to slap it on Mr. B...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I know the win condition is technically village wins if a villager wins the Mini Cup. But I suspect psychologically we're all acting under Ricky Bobby rules.
    Well yeah (I assume, never heard of "Ricky Bobby rules" before), but if you play to that over your true win condition, then we have a problem!
    simonwolf wrote: »

Possibly incorrect, sir!

If you look closely, you'll see that the four green deaths were all traditional "bad guys" from the Mario series of games, while the only red one was, in fact, Donkey Kong, who is known for not bein' evil, except in that original Donkey Kong game where he was a barrel-throwin' dickweed.

So, while it is possible that the mafia is just a template, there's also some (albeit, small) evidence that they could be the traditional "good guys". Not that it really helps any, but it's something to consider.
    OP wrote:
    Every racer has an identity. Said identity is not indicative of alignment.

I don't care if you role call because it won't break anything.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Second is the first loser, kime. Watch Will Ferrell movies.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OP wrote:

Pffffft.

Infidel makes up things as he goes along, he was high when he wrote that.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Entirely possible.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have a hard time considering you Infidel without the avatar or a variant of it.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    See, at this point I'd ask, "Can the OP be trusted?" or some variation thereof. But I know the answer I'd get.

And I fear the blue shell

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    B:L (KIRBO) - red shelled

Meet Kirbo.

kirbycar2small.gif

There he is, minding his own business while driving his kart around eating his opponents up.

WHEN SUDDENLY

kirboshell.png

And so... the one who had hit Kirbo with a red shell proceeded to EAT SHIT AND DIE.

THE END.

OooOoOoOOoOOOooo

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Obligatory

beeeeeeeeeeeeeel noooooooooooo
    simonwolf wrote: »
    OP wrote:

Pffffft.

Infidel makes up things as he goes along, he was high when he wrote that.
    More importantly, did you miss the whole SEIZED BY FRY GUY part which would utterly sink your theory?

Kill analysis in progress. In the meantime...

Spreadsheet!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    All right, let's take a look at kills, get some information out there.

B:L, Burnage, and Toxic were red shelled.
    ahava was bob-ombed.

As you all should know, for elimination purposes the red shell can target anyone AHEAD of the user. The bob-omb forcetargets either the racer immediately ahead or behind of the user, whatever their choice is, RNG'd if there are multiple racers tied for ahead or behind.

Blue vote counts:
    B:L had 3
    Burnage had 3
    Toxic had 2
    ahava had 1

This means, potential killers of:
    B:L - anyone except kime or Burnage
    Burnage - anyone except kime or B:L
    Toxic - anyone except kime, B:L, Burnage, Blarney
    ahava - anyone except kime, B:L, Burnage, advent, Daius, Dunadan, ebum, FWD, Jaenther, simonwolf (that is to say that the people who could have targeted her must have had either 2 or 0 votes)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You're not taking into account drifts, mushrooms, bumps, jumpstarts, and other such things.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, Kime, today, you vote for me and keep me out of trouble correct? Great!

Anyone want to cut the same kind of deal I made with Kime yesterday? I will vote blue for you today, point my red vote wherever you want it to go, in exchange, you don't target me with any items today and vote blue for me tomorrow!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am interested in being blue voted today, it looked like so much fun yesterday.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I didn't really get anywhere yesterday. Which I guess means I'm probably safe from baddie targeting?

Robos A Go Go red-voted me at one point yesterday, and is down in the no-point dumps with me. Maybe this blue vote will buy his good will? :P

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am interested in being blue voted today, it looked like so much fun yesterday.

Well, then, LoserForHireX we might be in business.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I, too, am interested in a blue sparks vote trade. Vote for me, I'll vote for you.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I, too, am interested in a blue sparks vote trade. Vote for me, I'll vote for you.

Blarney

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I too am interested in trading blue votes like this.

Also, I would be in the business of trading my vote for tomorrow for a vote today.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »

I too am interested in trading blue votes like this.

Also, I would be in the business of trading my vote for tomorrow for a vote today.

Oooh oooh me me me!

Tiphareth

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    eeccccoo tthhee ddoollpphhiinn

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Surf's Up!

koopa_troopa_sand_sculpture.jpg

Any racer that sends in an order that they are Drifting within the next hour will tear up the beachfront.

However, with the tide coming in it's a risky maneuver!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All-nighter works to my advantage somehow. To drift or not to drift, that is the question...
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Blarney

I'll drink to that! !blue sparks for Dunadan019!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Screw prudence, drift baby drift!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Raakam wrote: »
    So, Kime, today, you vote for me and keep me out of trouble correct? Great!

Anyone want to cut the same kind of deal I made with Kime yesterday? I will vote blue for you today, point my red vote wherever you want it to go, in exchange, you don't target me with any items today and vote blue for me tomorrow!

Indeed, I owe you a vote! Raakam
    ahava - anyone except kime, B:L, Burnage, advent, Daius, Dunadan, ebum, FWD, Jaenther, simonwolf (that is to say that the people who could have targeted her must have had either 2 or 0 votes)

Hee hee hee, look who's innocent! Something to remember, of course, is that even if we find out exactly who killed whom, that doesn't make them mafia necessarily.

Drifting is an actual action that you send in, you know this right?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Will be out all day. So votes are uninformed.

Spectrum
    FWD

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Drifting is an actual action that you send in, you know this right?

Yes, I realized this after the window had already closed, but I was hoping no one would embarrass me by pointing out my error. Kime

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    shit shit shit vote post with broken quotes, can we hurry up and get to a new page already?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Well, then, LoserForHireX we might be in business.

Indeed Raakam, I think we are

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You're not taking into account drifts, mushrooms, bumps, jumpstarts, and other such things.
    Order of actions? Do all items kick in to effect simultaneously? How is the vote count for item usage determined? (pre or post items?)

Effect of a tied vote?

Order of actions? Blue shell, disqualifications, items, blue shell. Blue shell.

Vote count for targeting purposes is naturally according to official thread count.
    If any place where an exact tie occurs, tie break will be by RNG.
    You are pretty terrible.

Hee hee hee, look who's innocent! Something to remember, of course, is that even if we find out exactly who killed whom, that doesn't make them mafia necessarily.
    Correct. However, I'm betting that the mafia are going to have a greater tendency to get kill items, whether innate or adjusted due to their template. As such, if we track kills, we should be able to make decent guesses as to who's doing the targeting.

The mafia know this, of course, but given the restrictions in place on who they can target, we should be able to build a decent database.

As usual, I won't be around during the day, so someone else will have to keep the terribles in line. I *should* make it back before vote close, though.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Spectrum wrote:
    However, I'm betting that the mafia are going to have a greater tendency to get kill items, whether innate or adjusted due to their template.

While I'm not convinced on this by any means, it's a nice place to start, yeah.

But we're only gonna have 2 more nights to keep track of stuff, which isn't too long for finding patterns, given the huge variety of things that can occur each night. And again, too, we have to keep in mind that eliminating the mafia is not our priority. Although certainly helpful :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright, I'm saying this just because it needs to be said.

It's past day 1
    Kime is still alive
    Therefore, Kime is evil.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Muahahahaha

Really though, I'm not gonna complain too much if you guys continue to vote me out. It'll be rather amusing, watching you gimp yourselves :lol:.

kime on
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.