As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] Chaos in the Old World - Game 2 - Slaanesh Victory

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Battle concluded!

CitOW_g2r27.gif

Corruption phase; check for domination, then cause corruption in region order.

1. Norsca - No domination (2 = 2)
    Tzeentch causes 2 corruption DIAL

2. Troll Country - No domination (1 < 3)
    Khorne causes 1 corruption

3. Kislev - No domination (3 (Skull Throne) = 3 = 3)
    Nurgle causes 1 corruption

4. The Empire - No domination (1 < 2 < 3 = 3 (Influenze))
    Nurgle places 1 corruption
    Slaanesh places 1 corruption

5. Bretonnia - No domination (2 < 4 = 4)
    Tzeentch places 3 corruption

6. Estalia - Nothing

7. Tilea - Slaanesh Dominates for 3 VP (6 > 3)
    Slaanesh places 3 corruption DIAL

8. The Border Princes - Tzeentch dominates for 1 VP (3 > 2)
    Khorne places 1 corruption
    Tzeentch places 2 corrution DIAL

9. The Badlands - Nothing

Check for Ruination: No regions ruined

Total VP from domination:
    Tzeentch: +1 = 4
    Slaanesh: +3 = 9

Total dial tokens:
    Khorne - 2
    Tzeentch - 2
    Slaanesh - 1

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    CitOW_g2r28.gif
    During the end phase:
    1. Hero Tokens are resolved
    Nurgle is the highest threat in the Empire; his warrior is killed

2. Resolve Old World cards
    Nothing happens; the old world card has a continuous effect

3. Score Ruined Regions
    No regions were Ruined this round

4. Advance Threat Dials
    Khorne advances one click; gains an upgrade
    Tzeentch advances one click; gains an upgrade
    Slaanesh advances one click; gains an upgrade
    Announce your upgrade choices in the thread.

5. Check for Game end
    The game has not ended

Once I have all the upgrade choices and Slaanesh's figure loss, I'll set the board for next round and draw the next Old World card. Tzeentch, you may choose to discard one card (in the thread) before you draw for next turn.

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    Khorne chooses the cultist upgrade; the bloodsworn will now have increased stats of 1/1/1
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Darian on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My cultists have served me well, but it is time they served me better.
    Cultist upgrade please.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Father Nurgle is not pleased. Perhaps I will leave The Empire to the spirited young.

On a side note, I think the hero kill in The Empire comes before dial advancement, right? So, he would be killing one of mine instead of Slaanesh's. If I am correct, go ahead and kill off the warrior.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My cultists seem to fall too easily. Perhaps some training for them in how better to defend themselves is in order... and yet, I can think of more entertaining options.

I will take the Greater Daemon upgrade; let's have some fun!

Edited to reflect the fact that Kias is right; at the start of the end phase, he had 10 Threat and I had 8.

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    Kias wrote: »
    On a side note, I think the hero kill in The Empire comes before dial advancement, right? So, he would be killing one of mine instead of Slaanesh's. If I am correct, go ahead and kill off the warrior.

Gah, for some reason I was looking at the VP column instead of the Threat column. You are correct, sir.

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    Old World phase:

The gods strike back as one against the upstart humans, and bathe in the blood of the fallen.

Plunged into Chaos
    Each player immediately scores 1 VP for each Peasant token he has claimed. The player who has claimed the most Peasant tokens scores 3 additional VP.
    Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track.

Khorne receives 2 VP for their peasants, then another 3 VP.

The Peasant Uprising continues; each peasant token increases the resistance of its region by one.

CitOW_g2r31.gif

I need to hear from Tzeentch whether you are discarding a Chaos card before drawing up to five. I'm updating the rest of your player sheets now.

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    Nope, no discards.

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    All sheets updated; Summoning phase is ready with Khorne to act.

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    A question for everyone since it might become an issue soon if I get another dial click.

I get a dial advancement token every time I place two corruption tokens, during the corruption step, in a region with a hero or noble. What if the region in question has multiple heroes and/or nobles?

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    You get a dial token for placing two corruption tokens in a region. The number of heroes/nobles is irrelevant as far as I know. Pretty sure the FAQ says much the same as well. Placing multiple Nobles does however help those of you going for a VP victory, since each one increases the region's value without altering its resistance.

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    Number of heroes is immaterial; additionally, it is for placing two or more corruption tokens. The only god that can get multiple DIAL tokens from the same region is Nurgle, using their greater daemon upgrade to place corruption during the summoning phase then placing corruption again with cultists.

Darian on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have unfinished business with certain acolytes...

Field of Carnage - 1 - No figures other than yours may be summoned away from this region while this card remains here

target Bretonnia

Khorne - 6/7 PP remaining

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Celebrim on
    edited November 2009
    My losses in The Empire have been significant, so I suppose its time to set up shop elsewhere. I will leave Khorne to deal with the upstart youngling (who is only 5 dial-turns away from victory).

Cultist from The Empire to Bretonia

5/6 pp remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited November 2009
    Well well, it seems everyone wants a little piece of little breton...

(M) The Persistence of Change - 1 - If you kill one or more figures in battle in this region this round, you may choose to not discard this card in the end phase, leaving it in place for next round.

In Bretonnia: 5/6PP remain.

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    With an end to the recent foul rains, disease and death in the Empire, a great celebration arises, fueled in no small part by Slaanesh's dark humor. The royalty of the Empire slip further and further into depravity, offering up control of the kingdom in exchange for carnal escapades.

Degenerate Royalty - 3 - If played in a region with three or more corruption tokens, this card's cost is reduced by three. (It's printed cost is still used to calculate your domination value.)

Slaanesh @ 6/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    Round Three Summoning phase:

The Peasant Uprising continues; each peasant token increases the resistance of its region by one.

CitOW_g2r32.gif
    Khorne (6/7) prepares a Field of Carnage in Bretonnia (other figures may not be summoned away)
    Nurgle (5/6) sends a leper wandering from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch (5/6) calls for the Persistence of Change in Bretonnia ((M), stays in play if Tzeentch kills a figure)
    Slaanesh (6/6) ignores the others and rewards the Degenerate Royalty of the Empire (no effect)

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    A little down home recruiting.

Summon Bloodsworn (cultist) to Norsca

Khorne - 5/7 PP reamining

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Celebrim on
    edited November 2009
    Yes, Bretonia will do nicely. Another cultist to Bretonia

4/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited November 2009
    Time to change the board again.

Move an Acolyte from Norsca to Tilea, and take a Warpstone with him.

4/6 PP left

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    Did you mean Border Princes to Tilea, perhaps?

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    No, why?

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    What part of this lets you move a cultist from Norsca to Tilea?
    If you have no figures on the board, figures may be summoned to any region. If you have at least one figure on the board, you must summon to that region or an adjacent region. Figures may be summoned either from your reinforcements, OR from the board itself. There is no discount for summoning figures from the board, it simply allows you to move figures instead of summoning new ones if you wish. You may summon a figure from a region in order to place him in an adjacent region even if none of your other figures are adjacent to that region (ie, a single figure can "walk" across the entire map alone).

Edit: Oh, well, jeez. I see now that you can do that, but it makes no sense to me at all. What is the point of limiting the number of cultists a player has, then, if they can be resummoned a half-dozen regions away while they're still on the board? I thought that a figure had to travel from region to region if it was already on the board.

Editx2: Christ, that's really stupid. I thought that the drawback of you deploying figures to Norsca to use the Warpstone there was that those figures would be more or less cut off unless you Teleported them. Now I see that you can pull them out of there very easily and that seems to blow the whole risk vs. reward equation out of the water.

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    Conceptually, summoning and moving are the same process: the figure disappears from its current location and materializes in its new location. But the gods themselves are limited in where they can work; having presence in a region allows you to summon figures in that and adjacent regions.

Also, Teleportation is a very powerful ability, which breaks the usual bounds on the gods' influence. There isn't too much of a drawback associated with it (obvious exception: when the first figure of a given god is teleported to a new location).

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    Well, to be fair it is normally difficult to get to said location without wasting a bunch of order points, so the only way Tzeentch could make that move is thanks to his teleport card getting him there in the first place. The territorial limitations are a little softer in this game, but we are playing as Chaos Gods after all, not some piddly human lord who must march his troops to and fro.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited November 2009
    It just seems like BS is all. I'm finding it really hard to make an effective strategy and the figure summoning rules being so easily manipulated makes it much harder. Especially having only six cultists I now strongly regret not taking the cultist upgrade, now that I realize I could move a cultist from Tilea to Kislev with a single power point. I wish the rules had made that a little clearer; the example of a figure "walking" across the board colored my perceptions of the summoning rules in a disadvantageous way.

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    I guess my point is Teleport is an extremely powerful card, but only in one direction. In the other direction you don't even need special magic, you can just displace a guy from one end of the continent to another provided he has a friend nearby. I think Teleport should be that powerful but it should be so in both directions.

If I were Tzeentch this would irritate me as well, since Teleporting an enemy's figures is really only useful in the first turn of summoning or when an enemy is out of PP. The former case because a power could always negate the Teleport card by summon-recalling a figure, and the latter case being difficult as regions with figures usually fill up with cards before people run out of PP.

I'll take my turn in a minute here.

Rius on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's also useful to take up spell slots in an area. You can simultaneously get rid of a warrior (forcing the other player to pay PP if he wants to move him back) and stop that player from affecting the region in a manner that benefits him.

Delmain on
    edited November 2009
    What a confusing mess the lower provinces have become. I do believe I will stay here and further the depravity of The Empire.

Summon Cultist to Empire.

Slaanesh @ 5/6 PP remaining; sorry for the delay, folks.

Rius on
    edited November 2009

CitOW_g2r33.gif

Khorne prepares a Field of Carnage in Bretonnia (other figures may not be summoned away)
    Nurgle sends a leper wandering from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch calls for the Persistence of Change in Bretonnia ((M), stays in play if Tzeentch kills a figure)
    Slaanesh ignores the others and rewards the Degenerate Royalty of the Empire (no effect)

Khorne (5/7) sends a cultist into Norsca
    Nurgle (4/6) reinforces his position in Bretonnia with another cultist
    Tzeentch (4/6) redeploys a cultist from Norsca to Tilea, bringing a Warp Stone with him
    Slaanesh (5/6) sends another cultist into the Empire

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    I will not be a puppet!

Move a Bloodletter (warrior) from The Empire to Bretonnia

Khorne - 3/7 PP remaining

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Celebrim on
    edited November 2009
    Its looks as if Slaanesh is abandoning Tilea... Fair enough. His old brothels will work as a base for my cancer:

Cultist to Tilea

3/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited November 2009
    Ah, sunny Tilea, home of all the best plots.

Send one Acolyte from The Border Princes to Skavenblight (in Tilea) with an offering of Warpstone (1 token).

3/6 PP left.

Mr_Rose on
    edited November 2009
    So good of you to bring more of your magic to Tilea, my brother. Now I don't feel so bad for polluting the land myself and whisking away the peasantry to a fun-filled life in sunny Bretonnia!

(M) Dark Influence - 1 - When you play this card, move a Peasant, Hero, or Noble token from this region to any other region.

Play in Tilea; move the Peasant to Bretonnia.

Slaanesh @ 4/6 PP Remaining.

Rius on
    edited November 2009
    If you're all going to Tilea, there had better be war!

Battle Cry - 1 - No corruption tokens may be placed in this region during this round

On Tilia

Khorne - 2/7 PP Remaining

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Celebrim on
    edited November 2009
    Wow, Battle Cry is a nice card. screws everyone but Khorne, hehe.

Rius on
    edited November 2009

CitOW_g2r34.gif

Khorne prepares a Field of Carnage in Bretonnia (other figures may not be summoned away)
    Nurgle sends a leper wandering from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Tzeentch calls for the Persistence of Change in Bretonnia ((M), stays in play if Tzeentch kills a figure)
    Slaanesh ignores the others and rewards the Degenerate Royalty of the Empire (no effect)

Khorne sends a cultist into Norsca
    Nurgle reinforces his position in Bretonnia with another cultist
    Tzeentch redeploys a cultist from Norsca to Tilea, bringing a Warp Stone with him
    Slaanesh sends another cultist into the Empire

Khorne decides plans are better served by moving his warrior from the Empire to Bretonnia
    Nurgle (3/6) oozes a cultist into Tilea
    Tzeentch (3/6) continues to redraw the map, sending a cultist with a Warp Stone from the Border Princes to Tilea
    Slaanesh (4/6) decides the time is ripe to whisper in a peasant's ear; a Dark Influence sends the peasant scurrying to Bretonnia (instant effect)

Khorne (2/7) screams out a Battle Cry, echoing over Tilea (no corruption placed this round)

Darian on
    edited November 2009
    While my brothers still have the strength, I will point out that a greater demon would deal with the situation in The Empire quite nicely, as the hero is focused on Slaanesh.

Edit: To sweeten the deal, if someone sends a demon to The Empire, their forces in Bretonnia will be spared my wrath.
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Celebrim on
    edited November 2009
    Well played brother Khorne, well played indeed. Another cultist to Bretonia.

2/6 PP remain

Kias on
    steam_sig.png